- Have 8+years of strong and progressive experience in the server installation and administration of Red Hat Linux, Centos, OEL, and VMware ESX&ESXI on various Hardware Platforms.
- Expertise in AWS, experience in implementing new AWS instances and working with EBSand S3 storage, IAM.
- Experience in capacity management and capacity planning and designing new projects and OS upgrades hardware refresh.
- Performed Kick start, jumpstart, cobbler over network and maintained installation server, boot server and profile server.
- Manage users and groups in Linux servers to create, modify and delete users/groups and troubleshooting user related issues.
- Experienced in racking new servers’ / storage arrays, configuring RAC IP, setting up virtual disks in different RAID levels and getting them ready for OS install.
- Extensive understanding of boot process and run levels, paging and swapping, inter - process communication, functions of devices and device drivers and file system concepts.
- Patch Management, Package Installation/Upgrades and Kernel upgrades.
- Having sound knowledge in Configuration management tools PUPPET, CHEF, CFEngine.
- Having sound knowledge on Continuous Integration systems such as Jenkins, Bamboo, and TeamCity.
- Experience in Maintaining IBM Web sphere server on different UNIX platforms and setting up the Development, Testing, and Staging and Production environments.
- Automated, designed and implemented continuous integration using GIT, Jenkins, puppet.
- Configured services like DN
- S, NIS, NFS, LDAP, SAMBA, Send Mail, FTP, Remote access on Linux.
- Expertise in Storage Management (SAN, NAS).
- Install databases like Oracle 10g, 11g, MYSQL on Linux.
- Have good knowledge of utilizing cloud technology Microsoft Azure and NoSQL database like Mongo DB database.
- Have good knowledge of utilizing cloud software’s like Openstack and Cloudstack.
- Expertise in Installation and maintenance of mail servers like SendMail, Postfix.
- Installed/Configured the WebSphere server, JBoss application server, Weblogic server Managed tuning and performance of high profile applications running on them.
- Have some exposure to the cloud computing and elastic computing abilities using Exalogic cloud.
- Expertise in Installation and maintenance of other application servers like Apache, Tomcat etc.
- Install and configured Apache, Debian, Nagios, MySQL, SQL server.
- Experience with installation and configuration of Web Sphere Applications on Linux.
- Experienced with the installation and configuration on Apache 2.x, 1.3.x, 1.2, BEA WEB logic 8.x, 9.x servers.
- Experienced in using Cobbler and jumpstart.
- Install and configure Splunk to monitor application and server logs.
- Strong experience in Linux networking and firewall management.
- Experience with Red hat Enterprise, IP tables, and VLAN management.
- Configuration and Administration of Load balancers and F5's, taking servers in/out of rotation.
- Extremely familiar with usage of SSH and rsync/ ftp / sftp /scp / telnet for remote connections and ancillary needs.
- Experienced in working with network Packet Analysis using Tcpdump and wireshark.
- Writing shell scripts for Automated Back- ups and Cron Jobs.
- Familiar with installation & Management of packages, patches, maintenance of RPM updates on Linux.
- Provided support and build experience with RAC clustering.
- Basic scripting done in Bash, Python, Perl,K-shell, Power shell for automated tasks.
- Good Exposure and Experienced in VMware ESX servers and Virtual Center administration.
- Configure YUM server with hands on experience in installing, uninstalling and upgrading the software packages through RPM and YUM.
- Knowledge of Firewall deployment and management.
- Experience with documenting, software usage procedures, network diagrams and project documentation.
- Handling problems or requirements as per the ticket (Remedy) created.
- Troubleshoot of server virtualization products like KVM, XEN, VMware, and Virtual Box.
- Detect hardware related issues like Disk Failure, RAM, and NIC Card. Provide Hosting and Deployment Solution in PACI (Parallels Automation Cloud Infrastructure) based on Linux, VMware.
- Ensured system security by hardening and auditing the systems as per guidelines in Linux experienced in system analysis, troubleshooting and performance tuning of operating systems.
- Maintained proper documentation of all the activities carried out during the project.
- Having good Skill Set in acknowledging compliance commissioning and change management for patches and also to track patches with XLS services.
- Planned, scheduled and implemented OS patches onLinux systems as a part of proactive maintenance.
Operating systems: Linux: RHEL 4.x/5.x/6.x/7, CentOS 5.x/6.x/7 & Ubuntu Unix: IBM 5L 5.x, AIX V6.1 & Windows 2003/2008
Hardware: Dell, HP Proliant, HP-460C Blade
Software: Checkpoint Firewall, PIX Firewall, Samba, Selenium, LDAP, Check Point
Programming languages: Shell Scripting, Unix, Korn shell, Python, Basic Perl
Web Servers: Apache2.0/2.2/2.4, Apache Tomcat5.5/6.0/7.0
Application Servers: WebLogic, JBoss, WebSphere 7&8 Versions
Cloud Services: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure
Automation tools: Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Maven
Monitoring tools: Nagios, Splunk
Virtualization: VMware ESX, ESXi, vSphere 4 and vSphere 5Citrix
Network Services: TCP/IP, Subnetting, DNS, NFS, NIS, SSH, DHCP.
Databases: Oracle 9i/10g,11g, DB2, SQL Server, Mongo DB
Documentation tools: Media Wiki, Atlassian Confluence, Share point, Jira
Backup tools: Veritas NetBackup 4.5,5.0
Confidential, Santa Clara, CA
Sr. System Engineer / DevOps Engineer
- Involved in Building and configuring Red Hat Linux Servers using Kick Start server as required for the project. Maintained maximum uptime and maximum performance capacity for enterprise production, QA and UAT/staging.
- Automation of configuration and management through Puppet.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard, and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Expertise in AWS, experience in implementing new AWS instances and working with EBS and S3 storage, IAM.
- Develop ETL processes to support: data warehouse, internal and external data integration needs.
- Launching and configuring of Amazon EC2 Cloud Servers using AMI's (Linux/Ubuntu)
- Build additional Docker Slave nodes for Jenkins using custom built Docker images and instances.
- Expertise in setting up Docker Host, Docker Registry, RHEL/ Centos Atomic Host, Docker images (Centos, RHEL and Ubuntu instances).
- Cloud and system virtualization platforms and tools (AWS, VMWare, Docker, Vagrant).
- Building and configuring of EC2 instance on AWS cloud platform, Configuration of Elastic Load Balancer (ELB) for traffic control for the EC2 and S3 instances.
- Architecting of cost effective infrastructure by utilizing various AWS services and options.
- Building of High Availability and Fault Tolerant infrastructure by utilizing various Amazon regions and availability zones.
- Involved in developing custom images on Cloud using AWS images and on ESX using Templates and involved in building physical servers using Kickstart PXE Boot and Jumpstart.
- Installed and configured monitoring tools Nagios for monitoring the network bandwidth and the hard drives status.
- Developed automation scripting in Python (core) using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Created scripts in Python which integrated with Amazon API to control instance operations.
- Managed and configured hundreds of servers using Puppet.
- Installed Puppet client software on RHEL 6.x servers and established a communication between master and client through SSL certification.
- Experienced in Amazon EC2 setting up instances, virtual private cloud (VPCs), and security groups.
- Supported AWS Cloud environment with 1000+ AWS instances and configured Elastic IP and Elastic storage.
- Installed & configured Nagios on Linux servers.
- Coordinated with the Storage, Network and Hardware teams on server provisions.
- Pushing all configuration management into puppet to allow for rapid roll-out of new
- Experience with Virtualization technologies like Installing, Configuring, and administering VMware ESXi 4.1/5.0/5.5 environments. Created and managed VMs (Virtual Server) and also involved in the maintenance of Virtual Servers.
- Experienced in Troubleshooting critical hardware and software issues and other day-to-day user trouble tickets.
- Preparing servers for Oracle RAC installation which includes tuning the kernel, agent installation, adding NAS storage on 2, 3, 4 node clusters.
- Installing IBM MQ Queue Mangers on Linux server and routing the messages to external parties.
- Set up user and group login ID's, printing parameters, network configuration, password, resolving permissions issues, user and group quota.
- Created new groups and tested first in development, QA Boxes and then implemented the same in production Boxes.
- Worked on resolving production issues and documenting Root Cause Analysis and updating the tickets.
- Set up Jenkins server and build jobs to provide continuous automated builds based on polling the Git source control system during the day and periodic scheduled builds overnight to support development needs using Jenkins, Git and JUnit.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process.
- Troubleshooting Linux network, security related issues, capturing packets using tools such as IPtables, firewall, TCP wrappers, NMAP.
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
Sr. System Engineer
- Installation, configuration and upgrade of Redhat Linux 5,6 operating systems.
- Write basic PowerShell scripts.
- Worked with REDHAT 6.x
- Used ETL to implement Slowly Changing Dimension to maintain historical data in Data Warehouse.
- Manage upgrades of Linux systems including Oracle Exadata appliances.
- Hands-on experience in diagnosing, troubleshooting various networking, hardware & Linux/ UNIX server's services issues and performing preventive maintenance.
- Setup of full networking services and protocols on UNIX, including NIS/NFS, DNS, SSH, DHCP, NIDS, TCP/IP, ARP, applications, and print servers to insure optimal networking, application, and printing functionality.
- Automation of test cases using Selenium Web driver,TestNG, Page object Model (POM).
- Configured F5 load Balancers, kickstart server and updating/applying patches to the servers using Redhat Satellite server.
- Configured security for Web Sphere Application Server using federated repositories, Standalone LDAP Registry configuring SSL.
- Installing and configuring Websphere and installing plug-in and configuring with IBM HTTP Server
- Monitored for Application core dumps, or forced thread dumps to check for system objects using thread analyzer.
- Remedy ITSM Lead for BMC Implementation project.
- Created PowerShell script that monitored Oracle Enterprise Manager Status and emailed results.
- Strong presentation skills and good experience in submission of batch jobs using Oracle and Teradata.
- Configured and installed Redhat Linux Servers using Kickstart.
- Configured and deployed patches, upgrades, bug fixes on both physical and virtual Redhat Linux servers using satellite servers.
- Wrote tools using PowerShell and Java script to increase work flow and productivity
- Ability to write Shell & Perl scripting.
- Monitor application transactions and quickly identify application bottlenecks using HP
- Configured and used HP diagnostic to monitor and analyze the performance of the server by generating various reports of CPU utilization, Memory Usage, JVM Heap Size etc.
- Docker installation evaluation and testing, AWS installation evaluation and testing.
- Worked on Grub, PXE boot, Kickstart, Packages, Yum, RPMs, LVM, Boot from SAN,
- File system configuration.
- Maintain security for the networked environment while allowing users to access all data and software remotely.
- Installation and configuration of management tool Puppet across RHEL environment.
- Developed the scripts to push patches, files and maintain configuration drift through the Puppet Tool.
- Creating profiles, manifests for new servers, and pushing them to servers using puppet.
- Remedy ITSM Lead for BMC Implementation project.
- RPM and YUM package installations, patch and other server management.
- Agile integrated engineering, with typical GitHub and Scrum workflows.
- Expertise with UNIX and Windows environments including shell and perl scripts, perforce DevOps.
- Build about 250 Linux servers in a cloud environment using AWS EC2.
- Experience in cloud computing technology AWS (Amazon Web Services).
- Learned, Configured, and Worked on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Integration implementation of Jenkins, uDeploy, JIRA and Crucible for DevOps automation.
- Writing plugins for monitoring tools using Ruby.
- Using Puppet Enterprise to Manage Application configurations in both a large VMware
- Environment, as well as a new SOA environment - built completely in Openstack.
- Utilizing BASH Scripts and Rightscale to do initial server provisioning.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
Sr. System Engineer
- Installation, Maintenance, Administration and troubleshooting of Linux and Windows Operating Systems.
- Performed automated installations of Operating System using kickstart for Linux.
- As a Linux administrator primary responsibility includes building of new servers which includes rack mounting, installation of OS, configuring of various OS-native and third party tools, securing OS, installing, configuring and job scheduling using Cron.
- Performed Linux OS management tasks which include installing packages using rpm and zypper, creating soft and hard links, YaST for installing and configuration on SuSE operating systems.
- Experience in working with various Relational Databases like Oracle, DB2, MySQL and Teradata building complex queries, functions, triggers and store procedures.
- Extensively worked on hard disk mirroring and stripe with parity using RAID controllers.
- Involved in Server sizing and identifying, recommending optimal server hardware based on user requirements.
- Installed the Operating System on Solaris and Linux servers and blades over the network.
- Built servers per standards specified as per individual applications.
- Built virtualized Linux servers on ESXand blade servers to host multiple applications on same chassis across different server hosts.
- Develop and maintain an expert level understanding of the OpenStack project ecosystem.
- Extensively worked on Configuration management tool Chef, for automation.
- Set up Linux servers for iSCSI LUN boot instead of using local hard disks.
- Set up Sun servers for SAN-through-FCP boot as against booting from internal hard disks.
- Created Filesystems from local storage as well as NFS partitions for application portability.
- Applied patches and packages on Linux servers using rpm Red Hat Package Manager and yum tools.
- Ensured automatic startup of different services by using chkconfig.
- Configured Opsware on the servers for event tracking.
- Implemented virtual, integrated, management and proxy IPs on the machines to serve different purposes.
- Worked on enrolling new IDs into Dell Quest TPAM password manager and assisting team members to fetch root passwords.
- Performed troubleshooting on filesystem failure, network failure and disk failures etc.
- Providing day-to-day user administration like adding/deleting users and managing user’squeries.
- Configured various services, devices as well as applications of UNIX servers and worked with application team to customize the environment.
- Creation and scheduling of Cron Jobs such as for Backup, System Monitoring and removal of unnecessary files.
- Develop, Maintain, update various script for services (start, stop, restart, recycle, Cron jobs)Unix based Korn shell, Bash.
- Updated & Running the various source code for migration & updating follow-up the release management.
Confidential, Gaithersburg, MD
- Installation and administration of RHEL 4.0.
- Configured kickstart server and updating/applying patches to the servers using Redhat Satellite server.
- Custom build of Windows 2003 and Windows 2008 servers which includes adding users, SAN, network configuration, installing application related packages, managing services.
- Responsible for maintenance of development tools and utilities and to maintain shell, Perl automation Scripts.
- Remote system administration using tools like SSH, Telnet, and Rlogin.
- Adding servers to domain and managing the groups and user in Active Directory, installing and configuring send mail.
- Responsible for the Database / Network operation with 80 servers.
- Fine tuning of Servers and configuring networks for optimum performance.
- Setup Squid Proxy Server for internet sharing and to block the unwanted sites.
- Maintained Samba File Server for user authentication, syslog domain, and file sharing.
- Setup Clustering for Linux servers.
- Fine tuning of Servers and configuring networks for optimum performance.
- Assisted the development team and reviewed the required maintenance tasks.
- Responsible for Connectivity issues among various Servers and various software components.
- Package and patch management on Sun servers.
- Used Puppet tool for managing system configurations.
- Installation, maintenance and administration of Oracle and Db2 Server on Sun Servers.
- Setting up network environments using TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, SNMP agents, DHCP and Proxy.
- Kernel tuning, Writing Shell scripts for system maintenance and file management.
- Trouble shooting the system and end user issues.
- Responsible for configuring real time backup of web servers.
- Log file was managed for troubleshooting and probable errors.