- 4+ years of experience in Information Technology industry in various roles with excellent experience in Software Integration, Configuration, Build & Release management and Development for several markets driven international organizations.
- Experienced in working on DevOps/Agile operations process and tools area (Code review, unit test automation, Build & Release automation, SCM, Environment, Service, Incident and Change Management).
- Experience in Linux Administration Installation, Configuration, Tuning and Upgrades of Linux (Red Hat and Oracle).
- Configuring, automation and maintaining build and deployment CI/CD tools Git/GitLab, Jenkins, Build Forge, Docker registry/daemon, Nexus and JIRA for Multi - Environment (Local/POC/NON-PROD/PROD) with high degrees of standardization for both infrastructure and application stack automation in AWS cloud platform. Orchestrating CI/CD processes. CI/CD tools Dockerized and infrastructure setup in Vagrant, AWS and VPCs.
- Worked on Puppet for the deployment of servers with custom scripts.
- AWS Cloud platform and its features which includes EC2, S3, VPC, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, EBS, Cloud Watch In-depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) processes, which include compiling, packaging, deploying and Application configurations.
- Experience in working with Cloud platforms - Service Now Amazon AWS
- Worked on setting up the life cycle policies to back the data from AWS S3 to AWS Glacier
- Worked with various AWS EC2 and S3 CLI tools
- Worked on Virtual Machines like VMware vSphere client, and Windows Virtual Pc.
- Extensively worked with Version Control Systems CVS, SVN (Subversion), and GIT.
- Hands on experience on Terraform a tool for building, changing, and versioning infrastructure safely and efficiently.
- Extensively worked with automation tools like Hudson, Jenkins, Power Shell, and Build Forge to implement the End-to-End Automation.
- Expertise in using build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as war & ear from source code. Application Deployments & Environment configuration using Chef, Puppet and Strong knowledge on Cassandra.
- Strong knowledge of DNS, DHCP and IP Addressing. Installation and configuration of various services like DNS, DHCP, NFS, and Send mail, Apache Web Server, Samba, SSH, HTTP, RPM package management. Experience in administering Active Directory and group policies.
- Extensive experience monitoring the servers using Nagios and Cacti and Check mk.
- Experience is using Microsoft Azure, Tomcat, JBOSS, Web logic and Web Sphere Application servers for deployment.
- Ability to work closely with teams, in order to ensure high quality and timely delivery of builds and releases.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot any issues generated while building, deploying and in production support.
- Proficient in Shell, Python and Perl scripting language for automation CI/CD.
- Processes. CI/CD tools Dockerized and infrastructure setup in Vagrant, AWS and VPCs.
- Hand-On experience in Implement, Build and Deployment of CI/CD pipelines, managing projects often includes tracking multiple deployments across multiple pipeline stages (Dev, Test/QA staging and production).
- Implement CI/CD tools Upgrade, Backup, Restore, API call, DNS, LDAP and SSL setup.
- Extensive experience with working on Microsoft IIS Web Server.
- Involved in writing Python, and shell scripts for compilation and deployment process.
- Good Interpersonal Skills, team-working attitude, takes initiatives and very proactive in solving problems and providing best solutions.
Operating System: Windows 98/XP/NT/2000/2003/2008, UNIX, LINUX, Mac OS
Versioning Tools: CVS, Subversion, GIT
CI Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, Cruise Control, Chef, Puppet
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Service Now, Remedy and IBM Clear Quest.
Languages: C++, PL/SQL, Ruby and Java/J2EE.
Web Technologies: HTML, Java Script, XML, Servlets, JDBC, JSP.
Web/App servers: IIS, Web logic, Web Sphere, Apache Tomcat, JBOSS.
Database: Oracle 9i/10g, SQL SERVER, MySQL, Cassandra.
Confidential - Plano, TX
DevOps Engineer/Automation Infrastructure Engineer
- Managed the DevOps/Automation process at Confidential .
- Led a data modeling &Change Management team for our daily SysInt (System Integration) SCRUM meetings to address build & release deployment enhancements & issues.
- Design and document CI/CD tools configuration management.
- Responsible for orchestrating CI/CD processes by responding to Git triggers, human input, and dependency chains and environment setup.
- Build and Deployment CI/CD Pipelines.
- Dockerized CI/CD tools (Jenkins and GitLab).
- Planned & executed the transition of our middleware infrastructure from the Fannie Mae datacenter to the AWS cloud.
- Conducted KanBan scrum meetings and maintained the user stories.
- Worked with team to facilitate addressing issues and helped with root cause analysis of these issues.
- Designed a Configuration Management solution using Puppet
- Implement systems that are highly available, scalable, and self-healing on the GCP platform
- Maintaining Infrastructure automation using Puppet
- Mange build and deployment using Maven, Jenkins, Chef SCM tools.
- Participated in configuring and monitoring distributed and multiple platform servers using Puppet. Used Puppet server and workstation to manage and configure nodes.
- Experience in managing virtual instances and disks using Puppet.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet dashboard for configuration management to existing infrastructure
- Extensively used Ant, Maven, Perl and Bash Scripts for automating build and release tasks
- Drove the deployment & management of our infrastructure in the AWS cloud.
- Worked with Terraform to create AWS components like EC2, IAM, VPC, ELB, Security groups.
- Automating the complete process of Unit testing and Integration Testing Using Gradle Scripts
- Work with infrastructure in proper architectural setup of Linux\Unix environment, such as NFS mount point, Samba installation to better stream line build and release management across servers
- Built a code migration factory to automate and industrialize Solaris to Linux platform migration initiatives
- Jenkins nodes, creating required scripts (Perl & Python), and creating/configuring VMs (Windows/Linux)
- Continuous integration using Jenkins.
- Set up system for dynamically adding and removing web services from a server using GitLab CI.
- Maintaining Infrastructure automation using Puppet
- Mange build and deployment using Maven, Jenkins tools.
- Developed and maintained Perl/Shell scripts for build and release tasks.
- Experience in testing/development/automation in a Dev Ops role on an agile/iterative project team for the API Gateway.
Confidential - Portland, OR
Build and Release Engineer
- Designed and implemented GIT metadata including elements, labels, attributes, triggers and hyperlinks.
- Implemented & maintained the branching and build and release strategies utilizing GIT.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day GIT support for different projects.
- Created and wrote shell scripts (Bash), Ruby, Python and Power Shell for automating tasks.
- Participated in execution of client meetings and internal Ruby development projects and codes for testing services on daily basis.
- Experience in writing Ansible playbooks.
- Experience in scheduling jobs using Ansible Tower.
- Experience in Writing Python modules for Ansible customizations.
- Administered and Implemented CI tools Hudson and Jenkins for automated builds.
- Designed the project workflows/pipelines using Jenkins as CI tool.
- Installed/Configured/Managed Jenkins CI Automation.
- Experience with Configuration Management Tools (PUPPET, CHEF)
- Installed and administered Docker.
- Proficiency in multiple databases like Cassandra, ORACLE and MS SQL Server.
- Automate infrastructure in AWS using Amazon web services. Deploy puppet to completely provision and manage AWS EC2 instances, volumes, DNS, and S3.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Worked with Atlassian tool like Jira.
- Installed Docker Registry for local upload and download of docker images and even from docker hub.
- Worked on Docker-Compose and Docker-Machine.
- Involved in periodic archiving and storage of the source code for disaster recovery.
- Worked closely with developers to pinpoint and provide early warnings of common build failures.
- Used ANT and MAVEN as build tools on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Executed user administration and maintenance tasks including creating users and groups, reports and queries.
- Documented project's software release management procedures with input decisions.
- Developed, maintained, and distributed release notes for each scheduled release.
- Provided periodic feedback of status and scheduling issues to the management.
- Kept track of all the releases and request of the developers through Infrastructure management tool.
- Created views and appropriate meta-data, performed merges, and executed builds on a pool of dedicated build machines.
Build and Release Engineer
- Experience in setting up Team Deploy for TFS to perform deployments as a post build task.
- Experience writing Custom XAMLs with developer assistance for adapting the build definitions to complicated build mechanisms.
- Documented release, builds, and source control processes and plans for J2EE applications.
- Developed and maintained UNIX/Perl/ANT scripts for Java/J2EE build and release tasks.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Involved in migrating data from CVS to Clear Case using Clear Case import tools.
- Written batch scripts for compiling csproj files and creating Solution files and WSP files for deploying ASP . NET and Share point application.
- Converted old builds using MAKE to ANT and XML for doing Java build.
- Maintained build management by modifying Nant and MS Build for all .Net applications to include new components and changes. Experience with Software Development Life cycle in build and release perspective.
Release Management Intern
- As a Build and release Engineer my role includes Continuous integration, continuous deployment, source code management to support the Software Release Management and procedures.
- Support Red Hat Enterprise Linux Servers and configurations plus reporting and monitoring.
- Installation and configuration of Red Hat Linux on new server builds as well as during the upgrade.
- Integrating GIT into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT Repositories and performed all necessary day-to-day GIT support for different projects.
- Creating and Implementing branching & merging strategy with multiple branches.
- Using Git as source code management repository to keep track of version changes.
- Integrating SCM based Git into Jenkins to automate the code checkout process.
- Using Maven as build tools in Jenkins to move files from one environment to another.
- Involving in editing the existing MAVEN files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Expertise in automating the delivery tasks related to application operations.
- Jenkins is used as a continuous integration tool for automation of daily processes.
- Build Java code in different Jenkins servers as per the schedule.
- Configuring application servers ( Tomcat ) to deploy the code.
- Designing and implementing public facing websites on Amazon Web Services .
Junior Network Engineer (Intern)
- Installation, Configuration and Troubleshooting of Routers & Switches and implementing VLANs on Cisco Ethernet switches.
- Maintaining the Network Infrastructure, including Installation, Migration and Configuration of Network Client Workstations and managing Local and Domain wide groups.
- Configuration and Administration of IP addressing and routing, connectivity, Telnet & FTP, etc.
- Maintenance of Proxy / Remote Access servers in the networked environment.
- Configuring DNS and DHCP in a 2003 Domain.
- Setting up and Configuring Hardware and Software Firewalls.
- Maintaining ISDN and Leased Line Networks.
- Setting up RRAS and VPN Connections.
- Addressing performance bottlenecks and ensuring maximum network uptime.
- Implementation of the Network (LAN & WAN), Troubleshooting Network problems and conflict.