- Systems Design
- Database design, particularly with ORACLE 8, 9i, 10g, 11. Access 2007
- Data transformation and cleansing
- Programming PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, Perl, Informatica
- Project management and supervision in commercial and government organizations.
HARDWARE SKILLS: UNIX and Windows servers, PC, IBM Mainframe, DEC VAX.
OPERATING SYSTEMS: Solaris, UNIX, Linux, IBM mainframe MVS JCL, JES II and III, DOS/VSE, VM/CMS, DEC VAX VMS, Windows 7, XP, 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000, 7,8,10 Windows Server 2003, 2008.
- supporting systems on Amazon Cloud
- Training System administrator information security
- Systems Operations on AWS (Amazon Cloud) Classification - CI Essentials - Insider threat awareness - Privacy awareness -
- Daily work and participation in Agile Scrums, and JIRA. Sprint planning, grooming, retrospective and review.
- Helped set up and populate team’s SharePoint website.
- Arranged for and assisted in self-scans to prepare for security certification of application systems.
- Wrote and presented plans for of a patch management and installation team within a group supporting 25 applications.
Senior Systems Administrator
- Create and manage user accounts, debug problems with Oracle Forms 11 and WebLogic, plan for and do transition to Oracle 11 on Solaris 11.
- Provide customer support by analyzing and solving software-related problems.
- Write Perl programs to accommodate unusual data formats quickly.
- Trace compatibility and connectivity problems within and between servers and EMC storage.
- For servers with insufficient disk space, write plans for backup frequency, content and space allocation.
Database developer, Maryland
- Improve query performance of a mission critical tracking and reporting system.
- Use custom monitoring and reporting applications
- Create views for individual needs for time frame, points of interest, geography.
- Use SQL Developer to view relation of source data to results.
Senior Staff Systems Analyst and systems administrator
- Write plans and documentation for backing up and rebuilding web applications and their databases.
- Design and write SQL and Perl scripts. Manage multiple virtual Windows servers from remote desktop.
- Trace and debug problems with vendor-supplied inconsistent patch bundles, building lists of required links and pointers between application software, Java environment, and middleware components.
Software Developer, Virginia
- Use UNIX Korn shell, C-language, SQL, and COBOL to reverse engineer and document an operational Lawson payroll scheduling system.
- Write shell scripts and Perl programs to isolate and analyze intermediate and final products to validate testing of the same product on different servers and software bases.
Software Developer, Maryland
- Create views and sub-queries to simplify the programming of data presentations.
- Programming in this environment requires cross-platform knowledge of source data creator intent, which may or may not match current user needs.
Principal Systems Programmer, DC
- Track, audit and consolidate inventory of all computer equipment assigned to a bureau of the agency.
- Develop Access 2007 database application for ordering and tracking classified work of a counterintelligence team.
- Systems Administrator on an internal LAN using Windows Server 2003 with Windows 7 and XP workstations.
- Responsible for Active Directory administration, user support, workstation replacement and deployment, licensing.
- Develop and install upgrades to network communications software tools.
- Create and populate an Access database of information on servers for which the team is responsible.
- Test connectivity and health of the servers to correct problems, and to anticipate problems with regular inspections.
Confidential, Columbia, MD
Senior Professional Staff, Maryland
- Create and maintain Informatica workflows and UNIX shell scripts for importing applications into data warehouse tables for use by Cognos front-end reporting tools.
- Design ORACLE data warehouse tables to maintain current and historical data in formats suitable for creation of data cubes for query and reporting.
- Write scripts in SQL*Plus, PL/SQL, Perl to analyze and validate quality of imported data.
- Improve data quality with custom functions and Informatica transformations designed to meet observed problems with the actual data as determined by the analysis.
- Create validation and correction tables to bring variations to a common standard representation.
Confidential, Columbia, MD
Systems engineer and database administrator
- Write programs to migrate data between incompatible databases.
- Build UNIX and Perl scripts to facilitate the testing.
Confidential, Lanham, MD
- Software and systems design, programming and installation of customized software to adapt name and address standardization and consolidation software products to customer requirements.
- Build suite of mainframe COBOL/CICS programs to support a web-based inquiry system.
Confidential, Rockville, MD
- Maintain and upgrade IBM mainframe COBOL/CICS programs. Prepare configuration management upgrades.
- Write new programs to support additional requirements and acted as on-call production support systems engineer.
- Database programming on IBM mainframes with ADABAS and Natural.