Seeking a unique opportunity to apply my multi - faceted skills, leadership abilities and “out-of-the-box” thinking towards aNetwork Engineer position.
Skills: Microsoft Office, troubleshooting, Cisco routers, Cisco switches, OSPF, RIP, RIPv2, BGP, EIGRP, GRE, VPN, IPSec, DMVPN, MPLS, VRF, Virtual LAN, WAN, Ether Channel, DHCP, CDP, LLDP, VTP, Spanning-Tree, Redistribution, IPv4, IPv6 Telnet, SSH, HSRP, SAP, Oracle, Wire Shark, F5 load balancers, Checkpoint, Cisco ASAs, Innovative marketing techniques, excellent customer service skills, professional phone etiquette, quick learner, exceptional verbal, written and organizational skills, bilingual native French speaker, strong leadership experience, and excellent time management and task execution.
Network Administrator - Operations, Alpharetta, Georgia
- Making sure that all circuits are operational, contacting Internet service providers if any issues appear in monitoring tools. creation of VIP for Big IP appliance as well as SSL certifications, creating appropriate profiles with coordination of the application development team for local traffic management.
- Troubleshooting firewall issues with Checkpoint and Cisco ASA’s, creating and resolving reported incidents.
- Applying change requests deriving from applying routes to specific routers, and changing physical hardware from datacenter.
Network Engineer - Network Services, Marietta, Georgia
- Monitor the availability and performance of hub components using third party tools such as Net Cool/Cacti; as well as, maintenance of these tools so they measure equipment status properly. Perform routing and RF related work, as well as handle communication with the customer for hot standby network rolls, between Marietta and Chicago facilities.
- Manage network devices - Routers, Switches, VPN installation, configuration and troubleshooting. Duties also include software and hardware troubleshooting responsibility.
Network Analyst, Norcross, Georgia
- Maintain Cisco routers including configuration changes/updates, track over utilization issues, monitor interface, routing, and processor issues and errors.
- Performed local or remote configuration of WAN equipment, security devices, and wireless infrastructures.
- Coordinate with the Cisco field support technicians on-site performing the hands-on work (configuration, wiring, racking of equipment at customer premises.
- Continuously maintained detailed documentation during installations, configuration changes, and troubleshooting steps regarding all issues and resolutions.