- 7 years of IT experience as System Administrator/Engineer with broad background on different environments like Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.X/6.X/7.X, Sun Solaris (9/10), AWS, IBM AIX 5.3/6.1/7.2 which includes administration, implementation and application - product support.
- Worked with DevOps teams major focus on DevOps, Cloud Services, software Configuration Management.
- Extensively working experience on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Environment (RHEL) and Oracle Enterprise Linux (OEL) 6/7, IBM AIX, Windows servers and SUSE Linux 9/10.
- Experience in implementation of automated installation using Kickstart and Jumpstart servers of Red Hat Linux and Solaris on many computers at once.
- Involved in designing, and utilization of almost all of the AWS stack including EC2, VPC, DynamoDB, Cloud watch, S3, SQS, SNS, Cloud formation, Amazon aurora, RDS, Elastic search, EBS, Amazon Cloud Front, Amazon Glacier, Elastic Load balancer, Elastic Beanstalk, Amazon Redshift, AMI.
- Expertise in all areas of SCM processes including version, build and issue management as well as build and release management.
- Worked on AWS provisioning EC2 Infrastructure and deploying applications in Elastic Load Balancing.
- Worked on AWS EC2 Instances Provisioning, VPC setup, Auto Scaling for availability of EC2 Instances and availability of applications.
- Created EC2 instances in securing private subnet and deploying them in load balancing, assigning Elastic IP Addresses for EC2 instances.
- Managed AWS based application infrastructure, using Puppet and Terraform Configuration Management/orchestration tools.
- Having hands on experience on Agile methodology.
- Set up the scripts for creation of new snapshots and deletion of old snapshots in S3 bucket.
- Good knowledge in automating, build and monitoring tasks across AWS and Rackspace using a variety of tools such as Mongo DB, NginX, Jenkins and JIRA.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using the AWS Cloud watch.
- Experience in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using source control tools like Subversion(SVN), CVS and GIT on Linux/Unix and Windows environment on standalone and VM’s.
- Extensive experience in installing and administrating CI tools like Jenkins/Hudson.
- Worked with different Bug Tracking Tools like JIRA, Remedy, ClearQuest and Bamboo.
- Extensively worked on networking protocols like DNS, NIS, NFS, Samba Server, LDAP, security management, remote access, system trouble shooting skills.
- Experience working with automation tool Puppet.
- Installed Puppet Enterprise and connected it to Puppet Agents in the Enterprise AWS for infrastructure automation.
- Extensively worked on building infrastructure using AWS for virtual private cloud (VPC).
- Possess strong work experience in creating AMI's, importing volumes, launching EC2 instances, launching RDS, creating security groups, creating auto-scaling groups, writing boot strap scripts, configuring load balancers (ELBs) in the defined virtual private connection
- Strong knowledge and experience in deployment and management through AWS cloud formation on EC2 instances and maintaining Amazon S3 storage and data archival in Glacier.
- Strongly experienced working with Puppet for automating the deployment of post install configurations of the servers in various environments.
- Used Puppet to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Database, Commands, Users, Mount Points and Packages.
- Knowledge of Chef as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploy critical applications, and proactively manage change.
- Proficient in writing Shell scripts, Python, Perl, Ruby to perform few tasks like checking the log files, removing the selective files, disk space utilization, Process management and file backups.
- Extensive experience working with cook book essentials (resources, action, handlers, libraries, run list etc.).
- Built deploying artifacts such as jar, war & ear from source code using built tools like Maven and Ant.
- Good insight on Ant and Maven with respect to their Tags, Tasks and Targets, dependencies and co-ordinates to write pom.xml and build.xml.
- Confident with creating Recipes and Cookbooks to maintain chef servers, its roles and cloud resources.
- Hands on experience in supporting environments like Apache, IIS, WebSphere, JBOSS, running them on LINUX, UNIX and Windows Systems.
- Ability to build deployment, build scripts and automated solutions using various scripting languages such as Shell, Perl, python and Ruby.
- Worked with DOCKER and Vagrant for different infrastructure setup and testing of code.
- Extensive experience on working with File System, Volume Group Management, Paging space, Mirroring using LVM & VERITAS Volume Manager and Swap Space management.
- Proficient in troubleshooting of NFS servers, NFS clients in Auto Mount Environment.
- Worked on Solaris Volume Manager(SVM) in Solaris, Logical Volume Manager(LVM) In Linux which are used for installing, configuring and volume/disk management.
- Worked on connectivity, to setup connections between UNIX/LINUX hosts and SSH, SCP, SFTP.
Operating Systems: RHEL 4/5/6/7, Microsoft Windows 2000/NT/XP/Vista, Fedora. Windows, 2008/2010, Ubuntu 12.x/13.x, Sun Solaris 8/9/10, HP-UX 11, IBM AIX 5.x
Programming Languages: Unix Bourne Shell, Korn Shell, PL/SQL, python, awk, Java script, HTML, PHP
Hardware: IBM RS/6000, pSeries 520, 550, 570, 575, IBM ESS (Enterprise Storage Server), DS8000, IBM 3494, 3583 Automated Tape Library, Brocade, HP DL 380s and 580s, EMC Symmetrix, Hitachi arrays
Web Servers: Apache/TOMCAT Web Server Administration, DNS, Sendmail.
Virtualization Tools: VMWare ESX 3.0.1 & 3.5.0 Server, vSphere, VMware Infrastructure Client 2.5 &Xen 3.2
Network Protocols: TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL, SNMP, SMTP, FTP, SSH, DHCP, UDP, TELNET, Firewalls, Cisco Routers/ Switches.
Storage Devices: SAN, NAS, EMC Power Path 4.0, VERITAS SAN, RAID Manager
Backup Tools: Tivoli Storage Management (TSM), Avamar
Databases: Oracle 9i/10g, 11g, DB2, SQL Server
Application servers: Weblogic/Websphere, JBOSS
Storage Appliances: EMC, Netapp (Ontap versions 7.x & 8.x)
DevOps: Puppet, AWS, Jenkins, SVN, GIT
Other Tools: Nagios, IPMI, CUPS, Samba, Firewall (Squid, IP Tables), FTP, Kick Start, Jumpstart, rsync, SVN, Splunk, autosys / uc4, TPM, VAS
Confidential, Englewood, CO
AWS Engineer/DEVOPS ENGINEER
- Involved in designing and deploying, large applications utilizing almost all of the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling in AWS Cloud Formation.
- Worked on migration project of moving current applications in traditional datacenter to AWS by using AWS services.
- Launched AmazonEC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Web Services (Linux/ Ubuntu/RHEL) and launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Performed Installation, configuration, monitoring, troubleshooting, securing of RHEL 5,6,7, SUSE, Ubuntu, AIX servers and various third-party tools.
- Managed Linux production servers using VMware vSphere client and monitoring the performance of the servers, accessing console, Alarms etc. through vSphere client.
- Worked on Red Hat Satellite Servers, such as installing, configuring and maintaining custom repositories.
- Installed application on AWS EC2 instances and also configured the storage on S3 buckets.
- Managed IAM policies, providing access to different AWS resources, design and refine the workflows used to grant access.
- Created AWS Route53 to route traffic between different regions.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using AWS Cloud watch.
- Managed servers on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform instances using Puppet, Chef Configuration management.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Used Puppet for deploying, configuring and managing servers, worked on customer needs & developed code as needed for Puppet modules, built Puppet manifests and bootstrap scripts to allow us to bootstrap instances to various roles without having to maintain AMIs.
- Deployed and managed Nagios which is open source software with large scale custom network monitoring solutions. Monitor system health and patch requirements, setting up alerts through Nagios for critical system processes and applications as well as system resources.
- Created Puppet Automation tools and builds and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Built Puppet Manifests for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize end product configuration. Converting production support scripts to Puppet Modules and AWS server provisioning using Puppet modules.
- Extensively worked in installing, integrating, tuning, and troubleshooting Apache, Tomcat and WebSphere application server and web server, also involved in troubleshooting.
- Branching, Merging, Forking, Tagging, Release Activities on Version Control Tools: SVN, GitHub.
- Implemented Continuous Integration using JENKINS and HUDSON.
- Experience with Build Management tools, like Ant and Maven for writing build.xml and Pom.xml
- Experienced in build and deployment of Java applications on to different environments such as QA, UAT and Production.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environments needs and also configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Developed Shell scripts for transferring files between servers according to business requirements and to perform automation.
- Implemented and maintained various mail receipts and delivery standards to prevent phishing attacks against customers using Python.
- Installed RPM and YUM packages, worked on patching and other server managements.
- Performed data center activities like Disk replacements, Rack and stack, cabling, data center migration.
Environment: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7/6, DELL R710, R720, R910, HP ProLiant DL-380, DL-580 G6/G7, DL-680 G7/G8, VM-WARE ESX 5.x, VMWARE vCenter, VSphere OVF, Change Management, Nagios, LDAP, NFS, NTP, Puppet, AWS, IAM, S3, Cloud watch, GitHub, Docket, Veritas Cluster Server, WebLogic.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
DevOps Engineer/Linux Engineer
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications per the Agile process.
- Worked on administration of Linux Systems which included Installing, Configuring, Maintaining of Red Hat Enterprise 5/6/7, Solaris 9/10 and SUSE Enterprise Linux.
- Worked on Installation of ESXi 5.0 Hosts, vCenter Server, vCenter update manager and administering VM's across 6 Data centers running 8000+ VM's.
- Designed and maintained the Subversion/GIT Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Installed and configured Jenkins for automating deployments and providing complete automation solution.
- Setup of Jenkins and porting different kinds of applications into Jenkins with respect to build and deployment activities.
- Converted and automated builds using Maven and Ant. Scheduled automated nightly builds using Jenkins.
- Used the continuous integration tool Jenkins to automate the daily processes.
- Used Shell scripts for build automations and deployments.
- Performed bath testing using selenium and integrated with Jenkins for Continuous integration.
- Integrated CVS and Ant with Hudson to implement the continuous integration process.
- Used Jenkins as automation tool with GIT and GitHub.
- Deployed VMware vSphere 5 by upgrading VMware infrastructure 4.1.2 to vSphere 5 and also upgrade Experience from VMware vSphere 4.0 to newer version.
- Setup and Configured Red Hat Satellite/Cobbler/Puppet/Kickstart Servers for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5/6 installs and RHN Push Updates.
- Used Puppet for continues deployment and delivery and worked on creation of puppet manifest files to install tomcat instances and to manage configuration files for multiple applications.
- Created puppet automation to manage configuration and deployment of new applications
- Configuring and troubleshooting of JBOSS application Server, Apache HTTP Server and MySQL.
- Specialized in automating tasks and process through scripts, implementing branching models, Implementing Build/Release solutions.
- Automated the process of deployment to Apache Tomcat Application Servers by developing Perl and Python Scripts.
- Deployed and Configured Red Hat Satellite Server 5.4, including creating maintaining any customized kickstart configuration channels to deploy RHEL.
- Installing and updating packages using YUM (custom YUM Servers/repositories), Red Hat Satellite Server.
- Built Puppet manifests and bootstrap scripts to allow bootstrap of instances to various roles
- Configuration, Administration and Maintenance of NFS, DNS, NIS & NIS+ on Linux Servers.
- Worked on VERITAS Clusters/ Storage Foundation Suite to develop High Availability Solutions for different applications
- Installed/setup and maintained Splunk app for various platform of Operating system.
- Coordinated the resources by working closely with Project Managers for the release and carried deployments and builds on various environments using continuous integration tool
Environment: RHEL 5.x,6.x,7.x, CentOS, SUSE, Ubuntu, Tomcat, Apache, Switches, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, ANT, Maven, GIT, SVN, VCS, CFS, DNS, NIS, NFS, Veritas, Satellite servers, JBOSS, vCenter, VMware ESXi.
- Installation and administration of RHEL4, 5.5, 6.2 and Cent OS 5.
- Installation, configuration, administration of Solaris (9/10) on SPARC based servers using Jumpstart methods.
- Facilitate Source Code Management (SCM) best practices among development QA and solution teams.
- Worked on JIRA for creating bug tickets, storyboarding, pulling reports from dashboard, creating and planning sprints and integrated with SVN and Jenkins.
- Created Puppet Manifests and Modules to automate the deployment of application and to automate day to day activities.
- Installed and configured Nagios and used Nagios for Monitoring.
- Worked with Jenkins for Continuous Deployment and SVN for Version control.
- Configured kick start server and updating/applying patches to the servers using Red Hat Satellite server.
- Setup network environments using TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, SNMP agents, DHCP and Proxy.
- Automated Virtual Machine creation with vCenter Orchestrator to manage vCenter and Open Stack Virtual machines.
- Remote system administration using tools like SSH, Telnet, and Rlogin.
- Used ANT and Python scripts to automate the Build and deployment process to deploying the web services.
- Planned and implemented system upgrades including hardware, operating system and periodical patches.
- Worked on Load Balancing / Clustering / High Availability / LDAP Replication.
- Configured User Authentication Stores and Policy Authorization Stores on LDAP.
- Configured SUDO and granting root permission to users for performing certain activities.
- Involved in working with WebSphere App server admin console for deploying applications.
Environment: Solaris 2.9 / 2.10, Red Hat Linux AS/EL 4.0, AIX 5.2, 5.3, Sun E10k, E25K, E4500, SunFire V440/880, DMX 3 & DMX4, SCOM, Siteminder, SonicMQ 7.0, VxFS 4.1, VxVM 4.1, SVM.
Jr. Linux Admin
- Administered centralized and distributed servers with responsibility for the operating system, network interface, file system and application software. Duties included software and hardware installation, maintenance and upgrades.
- Created, deployed and managed Linux and Windows VM using Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager, which includes moving and migrating VM from one cluster to another cluster or within the same cluster, and Managing ESXi servers using vSphere client and vCenter for managing multiple ESXi servers.
- Involved in installation and configuration of the Middle Ware Application Servers.
- Implemented Puppet to deploy the builds for Dev, QA and production.
- Provided Linux admin support to engineering team.
- Experience on physical servers migrates to virtualization using Branded Zones.
- Administration and configuring of DNS and DHCP on Linux and Solaris systems. Worked on IBM Power SC (Security & Compliance).
- Experience in Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, WSUS, FTP environment, Virtual Server Administration, and Patch Management on Microsoft Windows Servers.
- Network planning, design and implementation of Windows Server environment.
- Provided a security and compliance solution optimized for virtualized environments on Power Systems using IBM Power SC.
- Worked with other groups to help establish the standards of system architecture, data communications, and system security.
- Engineered solutions to complex problems spanning multiple systems.
- Responsible for the backup of data, including automatic backup routines, testing data integrity, and offsite storage of media.
- Managed Servers (Including File Servers, Print Servers, Mail Servers and ERP Servers).
- Resolve technical problems as they happen take ownership of problems & work them to resolution using both internal resources & third-party technical support partners (IBM & HP).
Environment: Red Hat Linux 5,6, Windows 2003/2008/2012, AD, DNS, DHCP, IBM, FTP, VMware ESXi, Solaris, Ubuntu.