- Senior systems administrator looking to work in an Information Technology (Infrastructure) and network environment.
- Confidential . graduate management information security and networking.
- Able to work any changing shifts.
- Over 10 years’ leadership experience in infrastructure environments, technical service desks, data centers with high availability and network operations offering solutions, integrations and improvements in diverse production environments.
- Knowledge of Cisco, Meraki, Microsoft System Center 2012R2, Avaya PBX, WatchGuard, Forti and Pep link among other solutions.
- Virtualization administrator (Vcenter, EXSI, Hyper V, Hypervisors) .
- Excellent oral and written communication in English and Spanish, great organizational and IT project management skills.
- Strong technical and troubleshooting skills
- Virtualization solutions (Server and client side)
- ROI analysis, planning and budget management
- Managerial and documenting Skills
- Self - started and motivated
- Great problem solver
- IT Security administration, impact analysis and Disaster Recovery administrator
- Automation via scripting (Batch, PowerShell)
- Network (Lan /Wan) and server management
- Security GP, policy and access control
- Active Directory and Domain management
- Networking installs and planning (TCP/IP,OSPF, DHCP, DNS, Wi-FI)
- CompTIA Network + certified
- Backup management and DR planning
- Health Industry and Hipaa Training (Fraud and waste, privacy, security)
- Project Management, change management and Lifecycle of projects
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE / SKILLS:
Hardware: PC, hyper converge systems laptops, motherboards, CPU’S, RAM and (all brands), drives, servers, POS, hosts for virtualization.
Software: Microsoft suite(Office, Office 365, SQL server, Outlook, visual studio, Exchange server, Windows OS, WSUS administration, some Unix and Linux distros, database management’s, support and implementation (Access), IIS Web server support, reporting skills. Backup Solutions on Vranger and Veritas NetBackup.
Networking: Domain management, cloud support(AWS, azure and Rackspace among others) and troubleshooting of TCP /IP, FTP, NAT.VOIP,OSPF WAN,WIFI DNS,MPLS, firewall’s, routers, load balancers, switches, LAN’S, structural cabling, cross connections, patch panels, fiber business solutions . Cisco, Meraki, WatchGuard, Forti, Pep link among other equipment’s.
Confidential, San Juan, PR
- Installation, support and management of enterprise information systems and infrastructure on a high availability health insurance environment.
- Disaster recovery planning and support .KPI and report logging of critical services and equipment’s; Production passes to hosted applications.
- Patch management and upgrades, Database backup, infrastructure monitoring.
- System Center 2012 R2 administrator, backup administrator and management to disk and tape library (replication) on Veritas NetBackup, Disaster recovery administrator, Active directory, domain management, server administrator. PGP encryption to corporate communications, Troubleshooting and support to network environment and file system.
- Change management implementation, Avaya PBX administrator.
- Support to network printers and servers maintenance, support server virtualization in ESXI, VMware Vcenter 5.
- Optimization of System Center 2012 R2 to deploy applications company-wide via repackage, package or application for deployment (2000+ systems). Since the tool was not used in the company but was available, Juan took ownership and this led to effective deployments of applications company wide.
- Visibility of company assets using reporting tools from System Center 2012 R2 to improve company KPI
- Avaya PBX management of resources based on current company needs which led to a 10% more available licenses for use.
- Optimization of Veritas NetBackup backup procedures, upgrades to system version. This changes improved the backup windows of the company for 50%, some of the backups were improved and moved to a synthetic process while others were reworked. Policies for backup were revamped and classified based on company needs.
- Optimization of tape libraries into a cluster to improve replication from 900 jobs on Queue to 40 or less after implementation of a load balancing maximizing drives uptime via round robin. This configuration and optimization led to a 95% improvement is how the company replicates it’s data tape via SLP.
- Upgrades to system version of local and remote storage unit to address bugs and optimize performance and replication to remote sites (DR)
- Management and Implementation of best practices of media assets and inventory of resources for backup and disaster recovery
- Optimization of company data on file servers creating a design of namespaces companywide divided by areas of production. This project led to a structured DFS namespace for the company data into production, which in turn improved and centralized data for the end user.
- Creation of Design and documentation of patch management strategy and implementation using a company baseline in System Center 2012 R2 sup console deployment. This project led to how the company will eventually handle patch management to virtual servers.
- Participate into a Disaster Recovery exercise for the company In IBM’s Sterling Forest resilience site. Juan formed part of a 2 employee team which executed the complete Disaster recovery plan for the whole company including restoring servers, application and databases. The exercise is critical for any company continuity. The exercise was completely successful.
Confidential, Guaynabo, PR
- Installation, support and management of information systems projects and infrastructure (Lan / Wan) .
- Diagnose issues and support end users, Active directory, Patch management and upgrades, domain management, network equipment, VPN configuration, server virtualization administrator on ESXI, VMware Vcenter 5.5, file system policies and security, troubleshooting and support to network environment. Firewall, router, switches setup and configuration.
- Support to network printers and servers maintenance.
- Virtualization of server infrastructure to VMware vSphere 5.5 and implementation of diverse servers to balance the company infrastructure
- Plan and rework of file sever policies and permissions
- Company domain update to windows 2012R2
- Addition to company telecommunications circuits capacity (ATT/Aeronet), this led to double de telecommunications capacity at the time in the company.
- Complete rework of the company network to new network architecture based on vlan tagging and access control list based on departments and floors
- Interconnection of company’s remote sites over the island via vpn tunnels through a Cisco Meraki VPN which enabled the company to access remote offices and provided monitoring and visibility
- Update to the current routing process and security via filtering install of a net UTM (Cisco Meraki MX80)
- Implementation of roaming profiles on production personnel to maximize redundancy and downtime, this improved how the call center operated and gave a solution to immediate reposition of agents based on unforeseen issues that may occur.
- Designed a plan for the data of the company to be secured and mirrored based on virtualization technologies, replication and backup solutions
- Inventory of company assets including hardware, software licensing integrated into a software solution.
Confidential, Carolina, PR
Field Operations- Installation Service Support (Technical call center/help desk)
- Installation Support and service for satellite communications under field operations, handling different codes and troubleshooting on system network to improve service experience.
- Support technicians installing satellite systems on the street while giving accurate readings of microwave signal parameters.
Confidential, Carolina PR
Wireless tech support technician(Technical Support Center)
- Responsible of troubleshooting wireless equipments of the customer from mobile internet ( Confidential, radio broadband internet access),provisioning, RF antennas, monitoring, data services and mobile telephony.
- Troubleshooting and monitoring system failure in customer equipment.
Confidential, San Juan, PR
BSS / Switch Technician(Network technician)
- Responsible of troubleshooting network equipments in a switch environment, and monitor the network, switches and servers installations.
- Responsible to make daily reports, trouble ticket management and network surveillance, backups of billing systems., wiring and configuration of T1lines.
- Troubleshooting Confidential equipment’s, mod cells, minicells, 53SS trained, T1 (B8ZS,AMI), TCP/IP, and UNIX base environments.
Confidential, Guaynabo, PR
DSL Technical Support specialist
- Troubleshooting customer computers and telecommunications/networking(DSL) equipment’s (switches, modems), firewalls, Wi-Fi and remote support to the customer Give outstanding customer service under pressure.
- Trouble tickets, reports and major outage handling and following.