17 years of total experience in Information Technology, out of 8 years in Information Security. (1 year in the United States, 11 years in UAE worked with Dubai Government and multinational companies, 4 years in India,). Experience in Information Security Analyst and Lead includes IT Strategic Planning, Relationship Building, Team Leadership, Forecasting, ITIL Process, Capacity planning, Escalation Management, Incident and Problem management, IT Infrastructure Management. Worked as System Architect, Systems, Security, Virtualization, Audit and compliance with leading Technology companies like Microsoft, VMware, EMC, NetApp, Cisco, HP, IBM, Symantec, and Trend Micro. Involved in Planning, Implementing and managing various Enterprise solutions, forecasting technological improvements to formulate high - level functional & technical requirements and solutions.
Security: Good knowledge of CISSP Security Domains, CEH, Vulnerability assessments, Risk assessment, Risk profile, knowledge of security tools such as Nessus, Nmap, Wireshark, Metasploit, Burp suite, Appscan, Web inspect, Fortify, MBSA. Scanning (Network, port, vulnerability), Incident Response, Detection Analysis, IDM, Endpoint security, Sniffing, Access Controls, SIEM, Cryptography, Audit and Compliance, Security policies, procedures, Infosec framework like ISO 27001, NIST, Cloud Security, OWASP Vulnerabilities, DLP, Anti-malware management, RMF, Risk Methodology, PCI DSS, HIPAA, AWS cloud security, IDS/IPS, Email and Web security, CVSS, CVE, CCE.
Microsoft Technologies: Windows2012, 2008,2003, AD, DNS, DHCP, IIS, Certificate Services, Power Shell, Web server Security, GPO, LDAP integration, Microsoft IAG/UAG, MS Forefront edge security, TMG 2013.
Virtualization Technologies: VMware 4,5,5,5.5 with VCenter management in a large environment, Microsoft 2012, Hyper V, Microsoft SCVMM, SCOM.
OS: Linux, UNIX, Kali Linux.
Domain Management: Internal, external domain management with ISP and managing Infoblox.
Cluster Management: Hyper V cluster, VMware cluster, SQL cluster, File server Cluster.
Networking Technologies: Cisco firewalls, routers, switches, NAT, Network Load Balancing, Backup technologies Symantec, Backup Exec, and VERITAS.
Antimalware Solutions: Trend Micro, Symantec
Cloud Technologies: VMware Cloud Technologies, AWS
Information Technology Security Specialist
Confidential, Herndon, VA
- Infrastructure security design and implementation expertise (Firewall, IDS/IPS, SIEM, Proxy services, Antivirus, Vulnerability Management, Key management, Web application firewall and PKI).
- Management of Cloud security, Vulnerability assessment, and security audits.
- Monitor alerts from IDS, IPS, SIEM and other security devices, to identify attacks at the network, systems, and data.
- Develop Vulnerability Mgmt., for the organization with Nessus tool, regular vulnerability Mgmt. and patch Mgmt., worked with PCI DSS, HIPPA, NIST framework and OWASP 10 vulnerabilities.
- Worked with GRC tools like STREAM & GLPI for the GRC visibility through KPI’s, KRI’s, GRC intelligence, frameworks, and corporate policies.
- External penetrating test through Qualys to exploit the network.
- The risk management process includes identifying assets and analyzing risk
- Worked with CVSS for standardizing the vulnerability score, including prioritizing risk and worked with CCE, CVE.
- Identifying cloud compensation security component, security controls
- Secure cloud service Mgmt. includes provisioning, portability and business support.
- Building security program includes the policies, procedures, and standards.
- Performing Network, systems and application Security analysis.
- Developing and building Policies, procedures, standards.
- Protects system by defining access privileges, control structures, and resources.
- Recognizes problems by identifying abnormalities, reporting violations.
Information Security Consultant
- Implement security policies, procedures, baseline, and standards for the clients
- Perform security assessments, audit, vulnerability scanning and penetration tests.
- Review Architectural, change Mgmt. configuration Mgmt. and implementation of new security-based technologies like endpoint security and DLP solutions.
- Continuous assessment of potential risk and vulnerability in the network.
- Implement Identity Management solutions for the client, including SSO, Biometrics, RSA SecurID, Federation services.
- Worked with Nessus tool for identifying assets and vulnerability Mgmt., vulnerability identification, Risk assessment and Patch Mgmt.
- Schedule periodic and ad-hoc scans, monitor, review scan process, deal with potential infrastructure issues resulting from the scan and find solutions.
- Ensure the integrity of the data import to the database, reporting of vulnerabilities from the vulnerability database, patch/update software.
- IT Risk Management, Vulnerability management, and Technology risk controls.
- Monitoring IDS/ IPS, SIEM, DLP and Anti Malware management, etc. and find solutions to the threat.
- Performing Network, port, vulnerability scanning, sniffing, through different security tools, perform hardware security hardening.
- Implemented PKI infrastructure for the clients with their own Server and HSM.
- Administer user’s digital rights management of identified documents and reports, patch/update software.
- Management of Cloud security, Vulnerability assessment, and security audits
- Conduct application security scans, review results & evaluate false positives, administer users (add & remove), patch/update software.
- Conducted data collection and analysis, including but not limited to: Authentication, Authorization (Standard / Privileged Users), Accounting (Activity Auditing / Logging), Password Syntax Rules, Antivirus, Firewall, Patching (OS / Application), Vulnerability Scanning (Deficiencies / Exposures / Exploits), Change Management, Problem Management, and Health Check for OS.
- Provided deliverable including Compliance Test Results, Security Records, Root Cause Analysis Reports, Security Enhancement Implementation Plans and Security Training Sessions. Performed in-depth research on discovering Vulnerabilities (Deficiencies / Exposures / Exploits), Ethical Hacking and Security Tools.
- Assisting clients in IT Security Incident Response and Documentation. Update and maintain documents for monthly IT Security, Metrics Reporting to help measure and validate the effectiveness of the IT Security Team initiatives.
Information Technology Security Analyst
- Detecting, analyzing, response, containment, and recover from the security incidents and find the root cause analysis of the incidents.
- Implement, support standard, policies procedures for incident response.
- Monitor alerts, logs from Firewall, IDS, SEIM and other security devices to identify the threats and suspected malware.
- Implement HP Arch sight ESM to the organization and configure policies.
- Performing network, port, vulnerability scanning and enumeration.
- Build Policies, Procedures, standards whenever needed.
- Vulnerability management with Nessus tool and Penetration test.
- Implementation of IAM solutions, RSA securID, Biometrics etc.
- Define information security controls and patterns that support risk assessments and support the development of secure architectures.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to drive the product roadmap.
- Involved in security architecture to implement proper controls, compliance and conduct risk assessment.
- Provide security-consulting services internal to the organization by providing security guidance and functioning as an information security subject matter professional.
- Define, implement IS architecture, policies, standards, and baselines.
- Implementing defense in depth in the organization network and systems.
- Performed security review of operating systems, firewalls, VPN device, IDS, SIEM.
IT Infrastructure Specialist & Project Executioner
- System Administration, deploying windows servers, application (includes Active Directory, DNS, domain management, DHCP, file server cluster, SQL cluster management, and Application management.
- Implementing, configuring DC’s, HP servers, Antivirus management.
- Administering, configuring the backup solution for the application servers.
- Managing entire network support for the campus, including proxy, leased lines.
- Administering web servers, applications, network, and Firewalls.
- Implementing new IT Infrastructure for various applications.
- Coordinating with the vendor for IT procurement.
IT Infrastructure Specialist
- Installing, upgrading windows 2003 servers in each location and configure Raid technology to the servers.
- Coordinating with IT leads to taking necessary precautions, including backups before executing the implementation.
- Coordinating with project managers about the project plan, execution, monitoring and closing the project execution in each location.
- Implementing airline related applications, update patches for hardware and software.
- Auditing the checklist whether all jobs have done an update to the project manager.
System and Network Administrator
- Implementing Hardware HP servers, installing OS and patches to external customers
- Installing Windows NT servers as domain controllers and updating patches in servers
- Configuring RAID technologies in HP ProLiant servers
- Installing PC’s, printers and backups to the customers
- On-site support to the customers in hardware and software issues
- Configuring switches, hubs and creating local Area Network for the customers.