10+ years of success in the IT field with progressive record of success and expertise.IT professional with vast knowledge of network installation, quality of service, and maintenance of LANs / WANs. Supporting the IT needs of multiple departments and sizeable organizations. Perform end - to-end planning and installations to meet customer requirements. Experience in configuring Confidential routers, switches, and firewalls, with respect to port and application requirements. Experience with TCP/IP and UDP specifications. Excellent communicator with proven project management abilities.
Confidential, New Jersey
- Responsible for the design, installation, cabling, and configuration of the Confidential Network Test bed, for Certification.
- Execute a test plan to validate the design which consists of Confidential 2911 router/switch devices and Confidential 9500 MPRs, including VLANs, OSPF, Fiber and Ethernet cabling, and SFPs.
- Generate traffic utilizing the Spirent Test Center in point to point and multi-hop configurations of Wireless Microwave Packet Radios.
- Perform various tests such as 100 Mb - 2.5 Gb Bandwidth Capacity, Adaptive Modulation, Protection and Failover, QoS, Q in Q, (S-VLANs and C-VLANs), DS3s and analyze the data with Wireshark.
- Write a Deployment Guide for the technicians in the field and serve as Tier 4 support for troubleshooting and installations.
Confidential, New York City, New York
Test and Turn Up Engineer
- Responsible for configuring Confidential 2910 and 3940 customer routers and Confidential core routers. Test T1’s and Confidential ’s end to end, to support the implementation of Stock Trader’s voice equipment.
- Support the entire Financial District in Downtown Manhattan, and across the United States, Europe and Canada.
- Build scripts for Confidential router configuration, and cross connect changes in the Confidential, including Envision, Alcatel, and Tellabs. Perform Hot Cuts and changes after hours.
- Prepare VLANS for implementation within the Confidential Switched network to support Broadband and Gigabit Ethernet installations.
- Reference Visio diagrams and Network Designs to build and configure the network, connecting Brokerage Confidential Banks voice communications systems, to communicate with each other.
Confidential, Piscataway, New Jersey
Network Support Engineer
- Responsible for the Technical Support of IP service offerings including Managed Internet Services and VPN’s.
- Responsible for the identification, monitoring, analyzing, sectionalizing, and referring of circuit impairments in support of IP services.
- Conduct in-depth analysis of customer’s router configurations to recommend diagnostic tests and alternative network configurations to mitigate impairments.
- Appointed as sole customer liaison, managing a host of IP network issues.
- Troubleshooting includes Confidential 2800, 1900, 2900, 3600 series routers, Junos, and Juniper T640 series routers, BGP and MPLS IP-VPN routing protocols, CoS/QOS, T1,T3, Gigabit Ethernet, and OCx. Work to resolve proactive trouble tickets, while handling incoming calls to the Maintenance Center resolving escalations from Tier I technicians and Service Managers.
Confidential, Edison, New Jersey
Network Specialist / Cut Technician
- Responsible for new activations on IP Flex, VOIP installations. Configure and troubleshoot Confidential IAD 2431 and 2432 routers, Juniper routers, Broadworks Servers, and Confidential switches.
- Build cross-connects utilizing Alcatel 1631 and Tellabs 532L Confidential for T1, FT1 circuits.
- Turn-up new trunk T1’s and Confidential ’s with Centest and Net Analyst.
- Configure Confidential and Confidential DMS switches.
- Build Toll Free numbers and port telephone numbers from former carriers to the Confidential network.
- Work with field service technicians and customer vendors to insure internet access and voice functionality.
Confidential, New York City, New York
- Responsible for project management, router configuration, and monitoring QOS of customer’s LANs / WANs.
- Deemed subject matter expert on internal infrastructure of the data center, remote routers, wide area network circuits, and core routers. Integrated the networks for US, Confidential financial institutions, and other New York quality demanding clients to their secure internal network.
- Planned, configured and insured quality of remote and core routers, switches, and firewalls, based on TCP/IP and QOS requirements and specifications.
- Successfully led the accurate quality and quick progression of multi-phase IT projects.
- Collaborated and combined technical efforts with multiple brokerage firms to insure customer satisfaction. Skillfully executed router configuration on 7000, 7500, 3600, 2600 series Confidential routers.
- Gained valuable experience in disaster recovery; effectively diagnosed network outages, engaged in troubleshooting, repair, and restoration of all downed customers, their equipment and their lines to Verizon.