- Seasoned Information Technology (IT) professional with over 15 years of experience providing Leadership, Systems Analysis, Software Development, Implementation, and IT Support within commercial and government industry.
- Excels at completing projects that meet both corporate goals and customer expectations; improving productivity and workflow; and enhancing and maintaining critical business processes and systems.
- An extensive hands - on and detail-oriented leader who works well individually as well as with cross-functional business and technical teams.
- Offers exceptional technical leadership, problem solving, and system engineering skills along with knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and IT best practices.
- Superior record of delivering simultaneous and mission-critical projects on time and within budget.
Leadership: Responsibility and Integrity, Decision Making, Team Building/Facilitation, Strategic Planning
Technical: Infrastructure and Operations Management, Technical and hands-on
Project Management: Process Improvement and Best Practices, Quality Control
People Management: Excellent Communication & Interpersonal skills, Manage Stakeholder Expectations, Coaching & Mentoring, Conflict Management
- Domain controller (DNS), DHCP, Active Directory, Group Policy Management, File and Print Server.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003/2007/2010 and Office 365
- Database Administration (Windows SQL Server 2008/2012)
- Web Administration (IIS, Apache Tomcat) and familiarity with HTML, ASP, SSL
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) and Windows SharePoint Services (WSS)
- VMware vSphere 5, ESXi, vCenter and Windows Hyper-V
- Storage Area Network (SAN) management (e.g., Confidential VNX, Dell PowerVault)
- Office 365 migration and administration
- Google Apps migration and administration
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) experience
- Microsoft Office Suite (Online, 2013, 2010 and prior) including MS Visio and MS Project
- Adobe PDF, Photoshop and Illustrator
Senior Systems Engineer (IT Operations Lead)
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Develop project plans and coordinate project activities; advise and direct teams, and provide higher level support.
- Design, implement, and maintain computing infrastructure, including servers, storage systems, virtualization and cloud computing environments to provide a secure, reliable and available computing infrastructure for the university.
- Oversee Release and Change Management processes.
- Maintain computing infrastructure in good working order with high availability and performance ensuring application of information security principles and practices in the delivery computing systems and services.
- Planning and designing enterprise solutions including physical, virtual, and cloud platforms and present it to Confidential for review and approval.
IT Project Manager (Senior Consultant)
Confidential, Fairfax, VA
- Responsible for applying IT principles, concepts, methods, standards and practices to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost-effective technology solutions, and to provide expert technical advice to the Confidential and Agency management.
- Assist in the development of Confidential ’s Information Technology strategic planning process based on the mission priorities of the Agency and the Confidential, and serve as the lead resource to the Confidential in developing the annual operating and capital budgets for Confidential information and technology systems operations consistent with programmatic plans and established financial guidelines.
- Work directly with the Information Security Officer for the Agency, performing a wide range of information assurance functions for the Agency to develop and maintain an agency-wide business recovery plan and to ensure timely and effective restoration of IT services in the event of a disaster. Ensure agency systems meet requirements of Privacy Act and Personally Identifiable Information regulations.
- Negotiate for IT acquisition contracts and service level agreements with provider organizations. Maintain knowledge of current technology, equipment, prices and terms of agreements to minimize the investment required to meet established service levels. Monitor IT systems performance to assure service levels are being met.
- Manage support service contract, including administration and oversight of IT functions, including network engineering and administration; desktop engineering and administration; technical support services; remote access and mobility; operational processes; security; and system maintenance.
- Lead all IT efforts related to Continuity of Operation (COOP) testing and development. Work with COOP manager to complete reporting and annual exercise requirements for the agency. Perform contingency and disaster recovery planning and operations.
- Manage team activities, coordinate assignments, communicate project objectives, oversee work performance and progress, resolve problems and issues, and assure that program objectives, deadlines, requirements and priorities are met.
- Provide technical IT advice and assistance to the Confidential by maintaining a working knowledge of Information Technology and Communication (ITC) developments within the federal government and by providing research, analysis and advice with respect to ITC investments, maintenance and policies.
- Draft IT policies and standards relating to the acquisition, implementation, and operation of information technology and communication systems and represent Confidential ’s IT interests with external entities such as government, vendors, researchers, and other organizations.
- Monitor and evaluate IT activities and costs needed to meet programmatic operational requirements. Recommend and coordinate projects related to selection, acquisition, development and implementation of major information systems for the Agency.
- Ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget and that all deliverables are of the highest quality. I establish milestones, anticipate issues, and monitor adherence to project scope, requirements and design documents, schedules, and the software development process.
- Work closely with the team to share best practices, help resolve project issues, and ensure that staff is properly allocated to tasks, taking into consideration each staff member’s skills and interests and project’s needs.
- Develop and provide several individual and group trainings and education to the entire agency.
- Extensive hands-on providing tier-3 IT systems and network infrastructure support including but not limited to VMware, SAN storage, Windows/Unix/Linux servers, SQL server, SharePoint, Exchange, AD, DNS, Group Polices, IIS, Exchange Server, File Server, BES Server, Lync Server, web/Application server, Citrix, Network monitoring, Cisco Firewalls, IPS/IDS and Spam filters.
- Substantially improved system up-time and reduced operational costs by making Confidential ’s server infrastructure 100% virtual. Currently, I am in the process of preparing project plan for implementation of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) for the upcoming year’s infrastructure upgrade initiative which will result in saving time and money, providing greater defense against catastrophic failure, improving update speeds, and providing an easy way to customize desktops for certain users or groups of users.
- Streamlined IT operations to make the most effective use of all IT resources and improved overall end-user experience by upgrading legacy appliances and redesigning infrastructure to gain optimum network performance.
- Improved overall customer service experience by implementing IT helpdesk ticketing system, third party patch management, Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution, and laptop drive encryption.
- Analyzed high-priority vulnerabilities and acted upon them with full clarity and context by remediating, and enhanced vulnerability management that resulted in protecting agency’s systems from frequent viruses, worms and other network-borne attacks.
- Developed IT Strategic planning and established realistic goals for the next 3 years to increase productivity from increased efficiency and effectiveness which will serve as a roadmap for growth and prosperity of the agency.
- Established IT standards, procedures and policies and provided Confidential with expert knowledge with Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) documentation and testing effort by creating a FISMA security program outline in accordance with National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) guidelines; Certification and Accreditation (C&A) package to include the System Security Plan, Contingency Plan, Configuration Management Plan, and Incident Response Plan.
- Developed the plan, and managed the development of agency’s website to Drupal CMS maintaining Section 508 compliance and usability standards of Federal government regulations which will increase agency’s base of potential customers.
- Researched, Planned, designed and in the process of implementation of Office365 (cloud) with email, SharePoint and Lync online.
- Researched, selected and implemented Video Teleconferencing (VTC) and dial in meeting solution using Polycom for all conference rooms resulted in enhanced collaborative approach promoting greater interaction and engagement for telework, inter-agency communication, distance learning and agency’s stakeholders.
Confidential, Fairfax, VA
- Led the internal IT department to define strategy and develop processes, tools and training.
- Actively involved in strategic planning and implementation capabilities to meet Confidential ’s business goal in achieving the Corporate Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Level III process and certification.
- Maintained and updated IT COOP/Disaster Recovery plan and IT policies and procedures.
- Provided support for security vulnerability assessments and remediation, perform threat assessments, validate security controls, develop and coordinate security tests and evaluations, and certify system adherence to security standards.
- Build, configure and deploy VMs and templates. Completed Physical-to-Virtual (P2V) and Virtual-to-Virtual ( Confidential ) migration of Windows 2003 & 2008 servers from VMware, Hyper-V and legacy hardware.
- Architect, Design and implement Confidential SAN environments to ensure high availability and acceptable performance characteristics for VMware vSphere and SAN-backed applications.
- Provide high level desktop, network & security support services including Network Monitoring, Corporate Anti-Virus Management, Client/Server support.
- Manage security solutions, including firewall, anti-virus, and backup systems.
- Researched, designed, installed and configured VMware ESXi environment with vCenter Server management. Consolidated Backup, DRS, HA and vMotion. Virtualized all servers to VMware environment that resulted in significant operations cost and tremendously improved server uptime.
- Researched, planned and implemented Office365 (cloud) including the migration of entire agency’s email accounts. Migrated from an on premise Exchange 2010 solution to a cloud-based solution allowed Confidential to leverage all of the benefits of the latest version of Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint, Lync and Office applications. Additionally managing the services and associated infrastructure is no longer Confidential ’s responsibility which helped drive down the overall costs for the organization.
- Designed, planned and setup Confidential Technology Innovations Center (STIC) state of the art showcase room for testing and implementing development software, tools and applications and presenting those solutions to government and federal clients.
- Planned and executed technology refresh of aged hardware, software and network appliances including mission critical servers like SQL, Exchange and SharePoint. Upgraded end-user desktops and laptops, migrated Windows XP to Windows 7, and Office 2003/2007 to 2010/2013.
- Installed and configured and upgraded financial and HR applications like Deltek GCS Premier and Unanet for Mission Support Office (MSO).
Team Lead / Analyst (Senior Consultant)
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Prepared technical reports, communications, and other documentation required to support the client related to the Confidential and Office Ergonomics Programs. Developed, evaluated, maintained, and/or operated systems, policies, devices, procedures and methods used for safeguarding information, property, personnel, operations and materials.
- Participated in network configuration management to ensure implementation of appropriate systems security policies. Reported all observations of issues, concerns and recommendations to senior leadership and stakeholders.
- Configured networks to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Monitored network performance, troubleshot problem areas as needed, and ensured network connectivity of all servers, workstations, telephony equipment, fax machines, and other network appliances.
- Provided high level desktop, network & security support services including Network Monitoring, Corporate Anti-Virus Management, Client/Server support, enterprise IT support and technology refreshes of aging network security solutions.
- Managed servers, including Domain, Active Directory, IIS, SharePoint, SQL, Exchange, and File servers and their associated operating systems and software.
- Responsible for security equipment, including Cisco PIX firewall with site to site VPN support to the corporate office, as well as Symantec Antivirus System Center and Symantec End Point Security.
- Managed and provided guidance and mentoring to junior staff on the team.