- I have over 20 years of information technology experience spanning a broad range of roles, platforms and industries. I am specialized in security, compliance and Unix server administration.
- 20+ years of system administrator experience in multi - platform Unix and Linux environments, including networking, firewalls, security, scripting, and systems integration.
- Extensive background in security, compliance, technical support, capacity planning, problem resolution, SLA management, and management reporting.
- Knowledgeable of HIPPA, PCI-DSS, ITAR, FDA and other similar regulatory standards.
- Excellent technical skills, with strong knowledge of current and emerging technologies.
- Strong communication abilities.
- Experience working for automotive, financial services, retail distribution, medical, and energy sector industries.
- Sun Solaris 2.5, 8, 9, 10, 11
- Confidential-UX 10.20, 11.00, 11.11
- Silicon Graphics IRIX 6.5
- Confidential AIX 5.3, 6.1, and 7.1
- Linux (Various flavors including Redhat, Suse and Ubuntu)
- Windows Server 2003 & 2008
- Virtualization systems
- Linux KVM
- Virtual Box
- Solaris Containers
- SAN & Storage
- EMC Clariion Series
- EMC Clariion Disk Library
- StorageTek 9730
- StorageTek L180
- Fiber channel Fabrics including switches, hubs, adapters, zoning
- Sun Storage Arrays
- SGI Stroage Array
- Confidential Fast-T
- C / C++
- Unix Shell Scripts
- Javascr ipt
EMPLOYMENT HISTORY:Sr. Unix Administrator
- Conducted risk analysis and compliance checks.
- Performed vulnerability analysis and security patching.
- Developed compliance reporting processes and procedures.
- Improved delivery of security patches to achieve 99% patching SLA.
- Lead the teams response to audit data requests and achieved a satisfactory rating on every audit.
Unix Team Lead
- Provided team with daily work instructions based on customer priorities.
- Performed skill assessment of system administrators and recommended training and other resources to improve their skills.
- Maintained relationship with customer.
- Created and provided monthly performance reports.
Sr. Unix Administrator
- Provided 24/7 oncall support for mission critical systems.
- Developed system documentation and training guides for other administrators.
- Participated in disaster recovery planning and testing.
- Reduced server deployment time by 75% using scripts to automate the process.
- Maintained Anti-virus software and policies on 100+ windows servers and 3500+ desktops.
- Monitored vendor security advisories and applied patches when needed..
- Provided appropriate responses to detected threats.
- Provided management reports on threat readiness, and suspicious activities.
- Performed routine health checks of security parameters
- Created and maintained problem management processes.
- Provided service level metrics reports to clients.
- Maintained reports on system performance and provided system sizing recommendations to clients.
Unix Team Lead
- Supervised team of Unix system administrators.
- Assessed and developed information technology policies and procedures.
- Designed corporate data security systems including firewalls.
- Audited security procedures.
- Planned, installed, and maintained corporate web servers.
- Configured and installed clustered file servers
Cad System Administrator
- Deployed and maintained a fleet of more than 300 CAD/CAM systems.
- Installed and configured CAD software
- Developed and implemented backup and recovery plans.
- Automated repetitive tasks using shell scripts.
ConfidentialSr. Unix Administrator
- Worked part time as an independent security consultant.
- Performed security assessments.
- Planned and performed firewall installations.
- Worked with LAN technicians to optimize the LAN.