Hadoop Admin with System and Support experience within a large scale Hadoop environment. Strong skills in testing Hadoop environment functionality in a large retail setting. Strong desire to display information concisely, so correct business decisions are made quickly.
- Linux systems
- CentOS/RHEL 5.9 to 7
- Ubuntu 14.04
- OS Installation and Configuration via Cobbler & Puppet
- Nagios Installation, Configuration & Modules
- Cloudera & Hortonworks Hadoop
- TerraSort (Mapping & Reducing Benchmarks)
Confidential, Hoffman Estates, Illinois
- Suggested, and later implemented, a suite of production regression tests that validated peripheral Hadoop components - -Hbase, Hive, Oozie, Sqoop, Pig, etc; BASH scripts were coded and optimized for Samsung mobile devices--easing administration during off hours.
- Authored an hour-by-hour document that included every command and procedure, with execution times, during a Production Upgrade of 616 Worker Nodes to CentOS 6.4 and CDH 4.3.
- Designed an online, internal web-based RunBook for the Production Hadoop Master and Worker Nodes that included hardware information, production changes and software versions.
- As Primary Support Administrator, analyzed system resources and poorly coded jobs; cleared HDFS space and provided technical support.
- Assisted by the Network Administrator, installed and benchmarked a Mellanox Infiniband switch, network cards and software for CentOS 6.4.
Confidential, North Carolina
- Responsible for writing defect reports for failed server tests.
- Discovered software errors that were constant or intermittent.
- Ensured functional tests were consistent across Enterprise OS platforms—Linux and Windows.
- Wrote Linux BASH scripts to expedite testing.
- Experienced using BIT (BMC IPMI Tester), SM Bridge and ASU testing.
- Designed a course Introduction to Linux for Chinese high school students.
- Provided instruction, homework assignments and grading for Introduction to Linux.
- Created lessons and handouts; graded assignments.
- Qingdao Linux User Group President/Founder. Responsible for managing the group's direction, building a website and increasing membership involvement.
Confidential, West Chicago, IL
Freelance Web Designer/Network Administrator
- Custom web design and routine HTML coding updates.
- Provided technical support to small business owners and staff.
- Designed, optimized & promoted web sites from the ground up.
- Worked exclusively in a LAMP server environment; used BASH, Perl, php and XML.