Cloud Computing Analyst
- Worked primarily within the AWS (Amazon Web Services) cloud on CentOS and Ubuntu Linux instances to evaluate and implement various cloud - based applications.
- Installed and/or used open source products such as Apache Tomcat, Apache Hadoop, Netflix Asgard, and also worked with the AWS Console.
- Also did a fair amount of coding in Windows PowerShell for some back-end web development, along with a bit of exposure to WordPress.
- Used WinSCP, putty and public/private ssh-keys for connectivity to the cloud.
- This was a short-term contract where I worked on Confidential Series 7000 Integrity Machines, EVA Storage, and Confidential -UX 11.31.
- My primary role was to set up Ignite/UX for these systems so the client would be able to recover O/S images and applications from a common repository.
- Also did a small amount of scripting using the bash shell to automate various processes in cron as well as patch management, kernel tuning, logical volume management, and other SAM-based tasks.
UNIX Systems Architect/Systems Administrator
- Responsible for implementing a migration strategy from stand-alone Confidential -UX systems to Confidential systems in an nPar/vPar virtualized environment.
- Work involves Confidential -UX Systems Administration, especially as it pertains to nPar/vPar technology, custom software development and performance and tuning.
- Also work with and maintain High Availability ServiceGuard clusters running Oracle/Sybase databases, as well as Ignite/UX for building out systems.
- Work primarily with Confidential -UX 11.23 and 11.31 operating systems.
- Perform other duties on a daily basis such as UNIX troubleshooting, O/S installs, backups, patch installs, VxFS disk management, kernel tuning, scripting, etc.
- Currently involved in migration and testing of Oracle and Sybase from 11.23 PA Risc to 11.23/11.31 Itanium architecture using virtualized technology.
UNIX Systems Administrator/Private Consultant
- Worked as both a UNIX Systems Administrator and consultant with various companies in my region that required expertise in scripting, UNIX administration, networking, backup strategies, etc.
- Also some in-house classroom training on software languages such as Korn Shell and K&R C.
UNIX Systems Administrator/UNIX Systems Architect
- Managed a large group of Confidential -UX computers, about 500 in all. Job included coding applications in C/Korn shells, the C language, kernel modifications, automating operating system downloads using Ignite/UX, EMC disk migration code, developing a unified login management system under NIS+, and NFS.
- Also did a lot of work with Confidential Clusters, failover code, LAN troubleshooting, sequenced shutdown and startup of a large number of servers in the data center, patching and O/S updates. Also performance tuning of systems, and customized auditing/security software.
- Also assisted SAP group with installs, kernel tuning issues, performance analysis and any scripting issues that were required.
- Used mainly in conjunction with Oracle.
Shell Programmer/UNIX Administrator
- Worked for the telephony group writing shell software for their Confidential technology.
- Mostly utility scripts to aid in the installation of in-house software.
- Most shell scripting was C/Korn.
- Also performed general Confidential -UX administration duties for a medium-sized Data center.
UNIX Systems Administrator
- Managed a large network of Confidential -UX computers for the Confidential .
- The job also involved Network Administration, shell programming, data base administration (Oracle), general UNIX troubleshooting, C/Perl programming.
- Also some software development using Xlib/Motif.
- Worked on Confidential real-time multi-tasking systems, Confidential desktops, Confidential -UX, the Confidential UNIX operating system.
- Taught many courses on interfacing, operating systems, languages such as C, Pascal, Basic, networking and the Confidential -UX kernel.
- Also performed a lot of on-site troubleshooting at various customer sites, and assisted sales reps in the pre and post-sales cycle.