Quality - focused cable service technician with over 11 years experience as a systems technician and software/hardware support specialist. Proven ability to create and deliver solutions that meet the customer and corporate objectives. Comfortable operating in a wide range of platforms and environments. Effective communicator; able to explain complex processes in easy to understand terms for clients.
- Custom installation (Cat 6, Cat 5, Cat 3, and RG - 6)
- Fiber Optic Cable Wiring/termination
- Installation of digital set top boxes, modems, wireless routers, Gateways, and digital voice modems
- Technical troubleshooting and repair
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, Apple and Microsoft Windows software
Confidential, Spotsylvania, VA
- Serving as IT specialists responsible for installing, troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining all communication devices.
- Including computers, modems, routers, printers, scanners, fax machines and external hardware. Custom install fiber optic, Cat 3, Cat 5, Cat 6, and RG-6 wireing.
- Set up communication in conference rooms.
- On call for the day to day operation of the company.
Confidential, Woodbridge, VA
- Provided integrating technical services for both commercial and government businesses and facilities.
- Structured cabling, video surveillance systems, telephones systems, VoIP telephony, equipment installation, IT office equipment relocation, cable plant documentation, Laptop/Desktop/Servers computers and LAN-WAN WIFI network services for the government and corporations.
- Pulled fiber optic and copper wires through ducts in order to secure the wires during installation of communication systems.
- Designed and built cable trays, secured and unsecure.
Service Technician and Custom Installation
Confidential, Springfield, VA
- Functioned as a Lead Service Technician handling, 8 to 10 service calls and or installs per day, providing service for Confidential residents in the Confidential cable system.
- Managed various areas of support including broadband connectivity, account provisioning, email, upgrading issues, and most importantly customer retention.
- Custom Installation of varies wires to include RG-6, Cat 3, Cat 5, Cat 6.
- Trained 13 technicians to become quality experts in the cable industry.
- Retained over 150 customers providing quality assurance and quality control.
- Maintained an average of 94% on trouble call customer call backs.
Confidential, Woodbridge, VA
- Installed, troubleshot, repaired and maintained all equipment used by Confidential customers.
- The equipment used were, digital set top boxes, modems, wireless routers, gateways, and digital voice modems in conjunction with customers alarm systems.
- Provided technical assistance to customers operating equipment that was installed in their homes.
- Remained current on the industry changes and aware of new techniques.
- Maintained sufficient level of tools, equipment and parts to ensure the daily operation of Confidential Cable is performed at the highest level.
Audio-Visual technician, Virginia
- Installed, operated, and maintained audio and visual equipment.
- Provided technical support during conferences and presentations.
- Repaired equipment and help staff members with technical difficulties.
- Installed wired and wireless microphones, speakers, sound systems, recording devices, mixing boards and projectors.
- Used wiring diagrams and technical manuals to use and repair equipment.