- Has 25 years of experience relevant to the position, including five years as a help desk manager. Serves as the primary point of contact and coordination between the Help Desk and other tier, i.e., Supporting Members of Congress, Senators and their staff. IT System Engineers and/or escalation. Provided user account management in Active Directory to ensure appropriate permissions created user accounts, mailboxes, and groups, name changes, lock/unlock user accounts, deleted accounts.
- Troubleshoot networking issues prior to escalation.
- Troubleshoot problems related to desktop and laptop imaging.
- Liaison between the member office and The House. Interacted with Chiefs of Staff to answer questions, problems, and requests regarding complex system issues.
- Ensure the stable operation of the in - house computer network. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network hardware, software, and communication links.
- Also analyze and resolve end user hardware and software computer problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training where required.
- Ensure the stable operation of the in-house computer network. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network hardware, software, and communication links.
- Manage servers, including e-mail, print and backup servers and their associated operating systems and software. Supporting the President of Beech Street Capital.
- Manage security solutions, including firewall, anti-virus, and intrusion detection systems.
- Manage all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, and Confidential Ensure network connectivity of all workstations and laptops.
- Administer all equipment, hardware and software upgrades. Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions, and access rights. Perform server and security audits, Perform system backups and recovery.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform network improvements, upgrades, and repairs. Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the tea m.
- Imaging with Confidential, and setup and configured 50 laptops and deployed.
- Respond to incoming inquiries, telephone and/or written, from healthcare providers, government officials, key stakeholders and IT vendors.
- Researched and resolved inquiries in a professional, timely, and accurate manner.
- Escalate all Tier Two and Tier Three inquiries and issues, based on document processes, policies, and procedures, to the appropriate help desk.
- Document all inquiry activities in the appropriate reporting system.
- Provide responses to inquiries in writing.
- Follow up on all Tier Two and Tier Three escalated inquiries.
- Knowledgeable in all major Cognosante Confidential operating systems
Lead IT Specialist
- Severed as first point-of-contact for troubleshooting hardware, software, personal computer (PC), and printer problems resolution.
- Provided user account management in Active Directory to ensure appropriate permissions created user accounts, mailboxes, and groups, name changes, lock/unlock user accounts, deleted accounts. Troubleshoot networking issues prior to escalation. Troubleshoot problems related to desktop and laptop imaging.
- Provided phone-based, desk-side, and remote-access support and desktop issue resolution to users. Giving a high level of customer satisfaction through patient methodical approach to problem resolution, with majority of calls resolved with 10 minute requirement. Team supports Microsoft Windows 7 operating systems on 25 servers, 125desktops/workstations, 240 thin clients, 40 laptops, and 250 Blackberries. Iphone, Ipads and other mobile computing devices.
- . Plans and implements help desk projects. Manages hardware and software asset inventory. Coordinates with vendors to resolve hardware service calls. Distributes alerts to user community regarding widespread service issues
- Isolated and resolved server issues. Installed and configured new systems and monitored their performance. Administered domain infrastructure.
- Maintained group policy. Monitored and maintained shared resource configuration and access availability. Restored user and system files. Installed and maintained VMware servers. Administered Microsoft Exchange mail system, Microsoft SMS, and Altiris (for software distribution).
- Monitored, maintained, updated, and troubleshot clustered servers, Blackberry Enterprise Server, IBM Network attached storage, EMC storage, Citrix Met frame farms, Bind view, NetIQ, VERITAS, and VMware. Administered Windows 2003/2008, system update servers, Active Directory, and DNS. Implemented group policy and security policies. Monitored team’s use of Remedy and its responsiveness to server problem reports according to established procedures and guidelines.
- Supported a user community of 400 Confidential .
- Added user accounts on the Citirx Met Frame server.
- Configured and troubleshot connectivity issues.
- Provided user account management in Active Directory to ensure appropriate permissions created user accounts, mailboxes, and groups, name changes, lock/unlock user accounts, deleted accounts. Worked with Microsoft Active Directory in an enterprise environment
- Installed, configured, upgraded, and troubleshot Windows 2003 Server OSs, patches, and updates. Set up and troubleshot POP3, HTTP, and Exchange email.
- Provided users with training and guidance for securing wireless equipment. Trained users how to use the FIMS Confidential custom software and it other proprietary software.
- Developed and implemented imaging and deployment strategies and procedures, using Ghost and MS Business Desktop Deployment. Performed desktop configuration management. Spearheaded the migration of PCs and laptops. Migrating from Pentium 3 DELL computers to Pentium 4 computers. Analyzed operations and procedures and recommended changes to improve methods, procedures, service levels, and operational efficiency by improved operations, decreased turnaround times, and streamlined work processes. Managed tickets escalated to Level 2 through to completion or escalation to Level 3. Accountable for accurate documentation of solutions to Level 2 tickets, as well as notification to the escalating Level 1 technician. Escalated Level 2 tickets that could not be resolved within 2 hours, as well as calls beyond the difficulty of the Level 2
Help Desk Manager and Technician
- Supervised Level 1, 2, and 3 help desk staff of three technicians.
- Network supported 200 users. Ran system backups and restorations on both NT and Confidential servers.
- Provide desktop support for over 275 clients by phone or in person as needed to minimize downtime.
- Supported as necessary on a 24-7 basis to limit system down time during internal or external outages.
- Identify, isolate and repair computer equipment showing wear and tear as well as during preventative maintenance routines.
- Enhanced remote access through installation and configuration of VPN, Remote Desktop, Remotely PC Anywhere, and Net meeting. Occasionally fill-in for Office 2000 trainer.
IT support services contract, Senior Technical Analyst
- Provided technical support for 450 employees. Confidential, NT, and Windows 98 workstations. Installed, upgraded, configured, and maintained PC and LAN equipment, including laptops, desktops, and peripherals.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and upgrade the following: NIC cards, memory, modems, zip drives, hard drives, CD ROMS, scanners, printers and all Microsoft Operating Systems, and applications. Setup new user accounts for NT, Confidential and Exchange servers. Trained employees on various new equipment and applications including PC Anywhere, MS Outlook 98, Internet (Explorer, Netscape) and laptops for remote access.