Port/Vulnerability Scanning: Nmap/Nmap Scripting Engine (NSE), Netcat, Nessus
Network Security Testing: Symantec DLP, End - point Protection, Checkpoint, Palo Alto, Cisco, IDS/IPS, Anti-virus, and BMC.
Password Cracking: Hydra, Rainbow Crack, BladeLogic, Remedy. 0phcrack, John the Ripper, Pyrit.
Security Tools: AppDetect, AppRador, Oracle IdentityManager, Oracle Access Manager,JHijack, Metasploit Pro, ZED attack proxy, SQLMAP, Wireshark, WebScarab, Paros, Nmap, BMC BladeLogic, Nessus, Rapid7 Nexpose, Tripwire, Symantec DLP, DBProtect, ArcSight SIEM, e-DMZ Password Auto DBProtect, ArcSight SIEM, e-DMZ Password Auto Repository (PAR), Varonis.
Cloud Security: Amazon Web Services (AWS) and MS Azure, Cloud Security Alliance (CSA), Cloud Security Access Broker (CASB).
Confidential and SAST tools: IBM AppScan Enterprise (ASE), Standard & Source editions, HP WebInspect, QualysGuard, BurpSuite Pro, Acunetix, Fortify SCA, SQLMAP.
Middleware: TIBCO EMS, IBM WebSphere MQ, JMS
Databases: Oracle, MS SQL Server, Sybase.
Operating Systems: Oracle Solaris UNIX, RedHat LINUX 4/5, Windows Server2003/2008
Application Servers: Weblogic Server, iPlanet, Netscape Application Server and Microsoft IIS.
Programming Languages: Spring Framework, EJBs, Java, J2EE, Python, C/C++, C#.NET, Perl, Struts2, Servlets, JavaServerPages (JSPs), JMS, JavaUML. Mail API, JNDI, LDAP, JDBC, JTS, RMI, AWT, Swing, Socket Programming, IONA Orbix CORBA.
Confidential, Durham, NC
Lead Security Engineer
- Developed Application Security program ( Confidential and SAST) at the enterprise level to identify, report and remediate security vulnerabilities from applications deployed in DEV, PRE-PROD and PROD environments.
- Designed, documented and executed maintenance procedures, including system upgrades, patch management and system backups.
- Specifically, security testing has been performed to identify XML External Entity (XXE), Cross-Site Scripting, ClickJacking, and SQL Injection related attacks within the code.
- Developed threat modeling framework (STRIDE, DREAD) for critical applications to identify potential threats during the design phase of applications.
- Implemented file system security by applying hashing techniques for protecting data stored in files on the file servers.
- Administered cryptography, certificate management and implemented dual keys to address segregation of duties issue between DBAs and security admins.
- Experience in implementing Security Incident and Event Management System (SIEM) using HP ArcSight and Splunk.
- Instrumental in architecting, implementing and administrating a Security and Information Event Management (SIEM) solution (QRador) to automate the correlation of I-Series, Windows and network devices. Utilized QRADAR for internal and External IDS, in addition to Cisco IPS.
- Performed the configuration of security solutions like RSA two factor authentication, Single Sign on (SSO), Symantec DLP and log aggregation and analysis using HP ArcSight SIEM.
- Analyzed correlation rules developed for Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) system. Reviewed the solution implemented for “log forwarding” from various network devices to HP ArcSight central logging for alerting and security monitoring.
- Participated in the development of IT risk assessments for enterprise applications.
- Implemented Multifactor Authentication (MFA) for AWS root accounts, including password rotation policies. Set up Access Keys and Secret Assess Keys for newly created users.
- Develop security requirements for applications and infrastructure deployed in the Cloud. Ensured that Cloud security best practices have been followed.
- Configured AWS Simple Storage Service (S3) to securely store the organization’s critical file systems. Implemented Access Control Lists (ACLs) and Bucket Policies for controlling access to the data.
- Implemented Security Group Policies for Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) instances within AWS. Developed AWS Service Roles to protect Identity Provider access.
- Troubleshooted and resolved web application issues escalated from customer support and other departments with a 100% success rate.
- Configured SafeNet ProtectDB to enable column level encryption for securing confidential customer data. Designed security architecture for web and mobile apps.
- Implemented Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS- SSO) in Windows-Linux client server PKI environment.
- Reviewed Solution overview Documents (SODs) to identify security anomalies in the system architecture and design, and provided recommendations to address data security and privacy concerns.
- Participated in the implementation of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC). Implemented multiple layers of security, including security groups, network access control lists, to control access to Amazon EC2 instances in each subnet.
- Participated in the implementation of AWS Cloud security for applications being deployed in the Cloud. Developed WACLS for AWS Web Application Firewalls (WAF) and configured the rules and conditions to detect security vulnerabilities in the Cloud Front.
- Participated in the implementation of data tokenization in various environments to ensure compliance to regulations.
- Developed AWS Security Groups to control traffic to various instances in the Cloud.
- Conducted security assessments to ensure compliance to firm's security standards (i.e., OWASP Top 10, SANS25).
- The NIST framework has been utilized for IT risk assessments.
- Rolled out IBM AppScan products such as AppScan Enterprise (ASE), Standard, Source, Checkmarx, Developer plug-ins to various development teams across the business lines.
- Prepared technical architecture proposals for enhancements and integration of existing third party software systems.
- Generated executive summary reports showing the security assessments results, recommendations (CWE, CVE) and risk mitigation plans and presented them to the respective business sponsors and senior management.
- Reviewed Azure network security architecture and implemented security controls. Specifically, Azure virtual networks, including on-premise connectivity, traffic filtering, secure communication, point-to-site VPN etc.,
- Implemented Confidential to control network traffic to various Azure network resources. Created Confidential rules (inbound and outbound) and prioritized the rules based on the requirements. Associated Confidential to VMs, NICs, and subnets based on the deployment model.
- Conducted monthly developer workshops to educate and train developers on secureSDLC, scan source code using IBM AppScan Source, triage and resolve the security vulnerabilities.
- Working knowledge of AWS Cloud Security in implementing Web Application Firewalls (WAF).
- Implemented Multifactor Authentication (MFA) for AWS root accounts, including password rotation policies.
- Set up Access Keys and Secret Assess Keys for newly created users.
- Participated in the implementation of AWS Cloud security for applications being deployed in the Cloud.
- Developed WACLS for AWS Web Application Firewalls (WAF) and configured the rules and conditions to detect security vulnerabilities in the Cloud Front.
- Doing multiple level of testing before production to ensure smooth deployment cycle.
- Performed vulnerability testing using tools such as Nessus and QualysGuard.
- Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning, troubleshooting network problems.
- Skilled using BurpSuite Pro, Acunetix Automatic Scanner, NMAP, Dirbuster, QualysGuard, Nessus, SQLMap for web application penetration tests and infrastructure testing.
- Proficient in understanding application level vulnerabilities like XSS, SQL Injection, CSRF, authentication bypass, cryptographic attacks, authentication flaws etc.
Confidential, Austin, TX
Sr. Security Engineer
- Expertise in using the Confidential tools (IBM AppScan and BurpSuite Pro) while the application is running to penetrate the application in various ways to identify potential vulnerabilities outside the code and in third party interfaces.
- Analyzed security incidents originated from various network/application monitoring devices (e.g., Symantec DLP) and coordinated with Engineering teams for tracking and problem escalation, including remediation.
- Performed the penetration testing of mobile (Android and iOS) applications, specifically, APK reverse engineering, traffic analysis and manipulation, dynamic runtime analysis.
- Developed secureSDLC policies and standards for Web and Mobile apps.
- Working knowledge of SSO implementation for the applications deployed in MS Azure cloud platform.
- Enabled threat detection for databases in the Azure portal. The security alerts generated in the Azure Security Center have been reviewed and remediated.
- Implemented Azure Key Vault for storing secrets.
- Developed security controls for implementing Azure storage security. The RBAC with Azure AD has been implemented for securing the storage account. The data transmission between applications and Azure has been secured by client-side encryption, HTTPS, SMB3.0.
- Disk encryption has been implemented for encrypting OS and data disks.
- Developed, implemented and migrated applications based on NIST Framework.
- Participated in the implementation of AWS Cloud security for applications being deployed in the Cloud.
- Developed WACLS and configured to rules and conditions to detect security vulnerabilities in the Cloud Front.
- Experience with SaaS applications in configuring and deploying to the cloud platform Worked with DevOps teams to automate security scanning into the build process.
- Worked extensively with software development teams to review the source code, triage the security vulnerabilities generated by IBM AppScan, BurpSuite, HP WebInspect, HP Fortify, Checkmarx and eliminated false positives.
- Reviewed Android and iOS mobile source code manually and recommended code fixes.
- Participated in the Proof of Concept (POC) in implementing Arxan application protection software for Mobile apps.
- Performed Root Cause Analysis for the incidents reported at Security Operations Center.
- Performed Security event monitoring of heterogeneous networks such as Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Cisco ASA, DLP devices using Splunk.
- Solved many problems on call with my knowledge on the applications using event logs on the system / server and telemetry logs on the server, later started using Splunk for health monitoring, analysis and reporting.
- Wrote load balancing scripts on servers using PowerShell on Windows Server 2008 in order to perform Network load balancing and later started Network load balancing using Citrix NetScaler ADC.
- Involved in Installation, Administration and Configuration of Splunk Enterprise and integration with local legacy systems.
- Splunk DB Connect 2.0 in search head cluster environments of Oracle.
- Used Remedy Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) tool for managing the incidents based on the priorities and solved issues which are in security domain.
- Generated Vulnerability reports to monitor health of the applications and also reported High, Medium and low vulnerabilities in these system.
- Troubleshoot network application inbound/outbound connectivity utilizing Cisco WSA proxies and Wireshark.
- Actively involved on Bridges in solving High / Severe incidents reported in the application or in environment. Reported all my findings on the incident status to the higher management, clients in timely fashion.
- Held Responsibility for Securing and Maintaining 14 legacy applications, 10 geographically separated application servers and around 200 Citrix Servers along with a small team.
Confidential, Durham, NC
- Provided project planning, guidance and technical expertise in program, policy, process, and planning; risk management, auditing, and assessments; A&A; and quality planning and control.
- Researched and analyzed known hacker methodology, system exploits and vulnerabilities to support Red Team Assessment activities
- Performed advanced security testing of F5 load balancers, Websense V10K & BlueCoat Proxies using virtual machines, security tools, and URL generator.
- Assisted with the update and administration of all SOX audit requirements from an IT internal controls perspective.
- Provided with Threat profiling of the application to the Client and prepared combined reports of level of risks, their trend, and frequency to the client
- Conducted white/gray box penetration testing on the financial systems using Kali Linux, Cobalt Strike for OWASP top 10 Vulnerabilities like XSS, SQL Injection, CSRF, Privilege Escalation and all the test-case of a web application security testing
- QRadar licensing updates by adding new license under Admin and System and License Management Ironport URL filtering for known bad URL content Ironport.
- Mail analysis and blocking for known bad emails Analysis of pcap files using FireEye and Wireshark System audit and analysis using DOD checklist for PA series
- Threat and virus scanning using Malwarebytes from centralized console Enforcement of policies and procedures for users, admins, and management
- Reverse engineering of malware using tools like malwr, process hacker and so on Incident response tabletop exercise by documenting and alerting necessary personnel
- Developed complete front & back end using JSPs & Servlets, Java Beans.
- Designed and developed effective internal Web applications, relational database and stored procedures to analyze and monitor all activities related to Web-based sales.
- Developed application presentation layer, which is based on Spring MVC framework involving JSP, Servlets and HTML, CSS.
- Involved in implementing SOAP as well as RESTful web services using WSDL, SOAP, JAX-WS, JAX- RS, SOAP UI and JERSEY.
- Developed this web application to store all system information in a central location. This was developed using Spring MVC, jQuery, JSP, Servlet, Oracle 10g, HTML and CSS.
- Automated sales monitoring and credit/identity verification application processes, decreasing costs and improving quality.
- Created documents related to System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) deliverables.
- Assisted in business process design and documentation as needed for new technology solution implementations.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes