Linux Administration Engineer Resume
Fort Meade, MD
Professional experience in Information Technology (IT) while working in a team environment, and contributing to an organizations overall success.
SOFTWARE: Red Hat Linux (RHEL) 5/6/7, Windows 3.1/95/98/ME/ 2000/2003/2008/2012/ NT/XP/Vista/7/8/10, Oracle/Sun Solaris 9/10HP - UX 11i v2 (B.11.23), BizFlow Workflow Mgt. (v 10.1.5.0), Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11i, Sybase 12.5.3/15, SAS 9.1.x, Samba 2/3, Maven, Stellent 6.2/7.5, IBM WebSphere Application Server (WAS) 6.1, IBM WebLogic 6.x/8.1, Bugzilla, Tomcat, Sonarqube, Microsoft Server 2008R2/2012, Hyperion, Norton Ghost, Java Message, HEAT (Helpdesk Expert Automation Tool) 7/8/9, Queue/IMQbroker, Support Magic Solution, Remedy, HP OpenView, iquest, Memo, Finder, MS Active Directory, MS Visio, Mac OS, Vignette Web Portal, CA eTrust Access Control 8.0 and e-Trust Policy Compliance (EPC) 4.7.2/4.7.3, Putty, WinSCP 4.2.1, SSH Secure Shell 3.2.9, IBM z/OS (Mainframe) UNIX, PeopleSoft CRM, Salesforce, CentOS 5/6, Ubuntu, DoD Host Based Security System (HBSS), DoD Joint Communications Simulation System (JCSS), Veeam Availability / Veeam Backup and Replication, Acronis Backup Advanced For Windows Server, Spacewalk (Like Red Hat Satellite Server), DameWare Mini Remote Control Server, pfSense Open Source Virtual Firewall and Routing Software.
HARDWARE: Sun Ultra 1/5/10/60, Sun Enterprise 250/450/3500/4500, SunFire 280R/V880/V445/V490/T1000/T2000, Sun StorEdge A1000/D1000/A5200, StorageTek L200/L40/L80, SunBlade 1500, HP-UX Integrity rx 2660 Office Server (Itanium 2), Gateway ALR 8300, Dell Dimensions/Optiplex GX1-640/745, Dell PowerEdge 1950/2600/2900/2950/4200/ SC1435, HP Surestore Optical 300mx, Black Box, Symmetra Power Array/Extended Run (APC UPS), HP StorageWorks DAT72 (Digital Data Storage), HP PowerTrust II LR (2.0 kVA UPS & Battery), HP 9000 (L Class), Cisco VoIP Phones, ShoreTel560 VoIP Phones, HP 3PAR SAN, HP BladeSystem Servers
LINUX ADMINISTRATION ENGINEER / CYBER IA ANALYST
Confidential, Fort Meade, MD
- A part of the Cyber Protection Team (CPT), whose job (mission) is to maintain oversight, train alongside red teams and find vulnerabilities during exercises and deployments.
- Provide Systems Administration and maintenance on Red Hat Linux based servers and networks, within an enhanced security environment
- Configured and monitored OS
- Monitored processes using associated commands
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot the most difficult technical issues.
- Performed User Account Administration
- Create and run scripts as necessary
- Using Ixia’s testing, simulation, visibility and security platforms to design and validate a wide range of wired, Wi - Fi and 3G / 4G networking equipment and networks, before they are placed on DOD’s Unified Capabilities (UC) Approved Products List (APL).
- Develop IA test plans and reports, collects / analyzes data, and provide input for accreditation recommendation.
Information Assurance (IA) Cyber Security Analyst
Confidential, Falls Church, VA, USA
- Directly supporting 7,000 Users of the DoD DHA / DH HQ Voice Network, utilizing a host of over 180 physical and virtual Windows and Linux Servers and managing the Avaya Voicemail System (Avaya Aura Communication Manager Messaging (CMM) Federal Market (System Management Interface (SMI)).
- Built (from scratch) and deployed a virtual Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) Kickstart Server System Scanner on Red Hat Linux 6.7 using VMware ESXi 6.0 / VMware vSphere Client 6.0, with the latest Approved DOD-DISA ATO package for use with SecurityCenter, Nessus, or PVS. This will be used exclusively by the DOD-DHA during its current Self-Assessment effort (to be completed by November 2016) to obtain valid scan results; as well as in the following IV&V effort (to be started in January 2017 and completed by March 2017), to reacquire its Authorization To Operate (ATO).
- Monitoring DISA IASE website and vendor / IAVM notifications for relevant update requirements
- Downloading and Patching of Servers via the DoD Patch Repository (Defense Asset Distribution Systems (DADS)
- Testing updates in the lab environment and deploying to production.
- Login, Review and Monitor the ACAS SecurityCenter and Nessus Scanners; Monitor, research and fix the vulnerabilities identified by the ACAS SecurityCenter (Tenable Network Security) Vulnerability Reports.
- Building a Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) system
- Managing the SIEM Platform and configuring systems to deliver syslog messages.
- Monitoring and responding to events, developing remediation procedures
- Backup and Recovery using Symantec Backup Exec 2012 monitoring application
- Backup of virtual systems (VM’s) using Linux XEN and VMWare ESXi software.
- Participates in the annual recovery procedure testing and documenting updates when the system changes.
- Management of the Vulnerability Management Systems (VMS), Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) and CSMRT to support the Department Of Defense (DoD) Risk Management Framework (RMF), creating and managing POA&M items.
- Participating in annual reviews and as-needed risk assessments, making the DHA networks hack-proof, building an Out Of Band Management (OOBM) system and supporting the VoIP and telecommunication systems.
LINUX ADMIN. ENGINEER (INFOSEC / OPSEC / SYSANALYSIS / PLCYPLN)
Confidential, Fort Meade, MD, USA
- Directly support the DoD CIO and its formal DoD-wide review of the Information Support Plans (ISP).
- Apply IT security principles, methods, and tools, evaluating and defining IT security requirements and maintaining IT systems security documentation.
- Provide Virtual Computing Environment (VCE) maintenance.
- Provide system administration in a Windows / UNIX environment, write shell scripts, perform user account creation, backup/restore data, and provide general support to system users.
- Analyze existing and future technology in an effort to keep communication systems up-to-date. Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Develop test data and test procedures, analyzes and evaluates the results.
- Conduct studies and recommend course of action. Participate in most phases of projects, from advising on specification requirements and limitations to helping project managers define the problems.
- Develop SOP’s for VM’s, VMware ESXi installation, Vcenter, updates, and STIG process.
- Provide SIPR Token access support; Install COTS and GOTS software; Create and manage user accounts.
- Diagnose problems and ensure IT policies and procedures are adhered.
- Serve as the McAfee Host-Based Security System (HBSS) software Administrator (DoD Host-Based Intrusion Protection System (HIPS) to monitor, detect, and counter attacks against networks and systems.)
- Responsible for troubleshooting and maintaining all aspects of the software.
- Develop complex routines and detailed sequences of internal program logic by coding, testing, and debugging.
- Maintain and troubleshoot the Modeling and Simulation Computing System (MSCS) Servers. Maintain and troubleshoot Grid Technical Guidance - Federation (GTG-F) System Installation and Disaster Recovery Systems.
- Deploy and maintain RHEL Virtual Machines (VM) as requested by different DISA divisions / groups.
- Manage Environment Updates - Windows, Linux, Firmware, VMware VSphere.
- Responsible for VSphere Hardening / Software Maintenance (Forge.mil).
- Perform data protection / restoration (Veeam Availability / Veeam Backup and Replication.)
- Install and maintain Nagios and ELK Servers.
- Conduct DoD Joint Information Technology (JIT) and National Security Systems (NSS) Interoperability functions worldwide.
- Develop, publish, and verify compliance with certification and accreditation standards and procedures for both classified and unclassified Defense Information Systems (DIS). Provide technical support and guidance to staff in matters relating to information management (IT) issues that involve a wide range of IT management that typically extend and apply to the Enterprise Engineering (EE33) Netcentricity Assessment Branch and the entire organization.
- Provide LAN support in a Windows/Linux environment, assist users with network, hardware, and software issues, and configure, install, and troubleshoot applications on a server (WAS, MySQL).
- Provide system administration of NIPRNet and SIPRNet and EMAC resources, and security of the MSCS and EMAC, MSCS, and EMAC user support.
- Maintain the Continuous Monitoring Risk Scoring (CMRS), which consists of a series of manual checks and asset scans using SCCVI to remediate Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVAs).
- Install images using Microsoft Deployment Toolkit. Monthly retina scan every asset with results are loaded into CMRS. These scans produce IAVAs, which must be manually remediated. Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) scan is also required. These findings must also be manually remediated.
- Develop policies and procedures to ensure information systems reliability and accessibility and to prevent and defend against unauthorized access to systems, networks, and data. Conduct risk and vulnerability assessments of planned and installed information systems to identify vulnerabilities, risks, and protection needs. Serve as an IT Specialist (INFOSEC) that implements, maintains, and conducts on-site and remote analyses of information system standard security products and associated systems in order to determine overall technical features and standard security protection required for information systems and networks processing at all levels of information security. Provide expert level advice and assistance in the areas of security architecture, systems auditing, security tools, and all areas related to INFOSEC to the combatant commands, combatant command components, OSD and DISA activities, and defense agencies. Develop Information Assurance Review (IAR) plans and procedures; serve as a Work Group leader for IARs performed on a system and/or networks to ensure they meet certification / accreditation requirements.
- Oversee work by contractor support personnel in areas including traditional security disciplines, national security, network security, operating system security (multiple technologies), application security controls and general Information Assurance (IA) requirements. Possess experience with risk management framework processes of classified and unclassified information systems to ensure confidentiality, integrity, availability, and an authentication of systems, networks, and data.
- Research into advanced technological areas as related to the engineering of computer hardware and software tools, methods, and digital theory. Provide expert application of state-of-the-art computer engineering methodologies and security practices used to implement computer systems design, develop and protect the DoD PKI (Public Key Infrastructure). Design computer hardware and software systems including modifications to existing systems. Apply security patches and ensures various DISA STIG compliance of the system.
- Conduct test and evaluations of systems and coordinate technical planning in installation activities by relating future program plans to projected requirements, available resources, installation responsibilities, interrelated effort of various laboratories, and scientific discoveries.
- Work independently and / or with team leader, plans, directs, and execute the work, coordinate with others, and resolve problems as occur. Provide management, development, integration, testing, deployment, and systems administration/operations of the architecture on Global Information Grid (GIG) and non-GIG environments.
- Possess knowledge of the principles, techniques, and practices of communications engineering related to system design and analysis. Possess knowledge of systems hardware design, development, network analysis, and integration of various subsystems.
DevOps ADMINISTRATOR; GITLAB / JENKINS / NEXUS / REDMINE / OPENFIRE ADMINISTRATOR
Confidential, Fort Belvoir, VA, USA
- An integral member of the CONSTELLATION Systems Integration (SI) Team Lead, supporting DTRA, US Strategic Command (STRATCOM) Center For Combating WMD (SCC-WMD) and the Standing Joint Force Headquarters-Elimination (SJFHQ-E) Operations overall mission of combating Weapons Of Mass Destruction (WMD) in the USA and around the globe
- Provide management, development, integration, testing, deployment and systems administration / operations of the architecture on Global Information Grid (GIG) and non-GIG environments
- Demonstrated the CONSTELLATION Platform and functionality to Congress (HASC House Armed Services Committee ) on August 20th, 2015
- Support DTRA J9 (Research & Development) / J9-ISA (Information Sciences And Application (ISA) Department in designing, building and securing the development and production environments as it transitions to its new High Performance Computing (HPC) Amazon Web Services (AWS) Public Cloud environment
- Continuous Monitoring and Reporting, Big-Data Analytics Performance Optimization, Real-Time Vulnerability Assessment and Mitigation
- Provide solutions on both unclassified and classified domains; DoD Information Network (DoDIN), DIA-owned Joint Worldwide Intelligence Communication System (JWICS) and World Wide Web (Non-DoDIN)
- Install and maintain CentOS 6.6 on physical / virtual machine (VM’s) servers in development and production environments at both Engility and DOD / DTRA Data Centers
- Develop and implement individual VM’s with their own OSs (CentOS) for each of the following services: GitLab, Jenkins, Nexus Repo, Openfire, LDAP and Redmine
- “Stand-up” and maintain stacks of VM’s via VMware vSphere ESXi 6.0 OS and VMware vSphere Client 5.5 on a consistent basis on Intel-based hardware such as Dell PowerEdge T430 Tower Servers
- Deploy and integrate 3 separate Continuous Integration (CI) Toolset (GitLab, Jenkins and Nexus Repo) VM Servers for development and production environments
- Maintain Puppet Servers and scripts
- Consistently liaised with other SI & Data Integration (DI) members and the Implementation teams in accomplishing the daily goals of the organization
- Assist with CentOS-Based Rapid Development Kit (RDK) 2.2, SIMP, TCRI and NEWPORT Installation within the DTRA Constellation Project
- Instrumental in the setup and implementation of Constellation’s Development / Production Configuration Management (CM) Environment (Unclassified//FOUO For Official Use Only ) Servers and VPN Access (Cloudbox Gateway and DITECH-U Network (DITEC Gateway))
- Unilaterally download, install, configure and implement GitLab, Jenkins and Nexus on DTRA’s Leo Constellation Development / Production Servers
- Provide Tier 1 Support (Registration / User-Level Access / Account Requests / Permission Issues) in GitLab and Redmine within the CM Environment Portal to the DOD / DTRA staff, ALL SI / DI members, and the development community at large
- Aid Information Assurance (IA) Engineers with running DISA’s (Defense Information Systems Agency) security scanning tools, such as SCAP (Security Content Automation Protocol), and compare the results with the STIGs (Security Technical Implementation Guides) document
- Monitor and respond to Issues (Trouble Tickets) submitted by Users in Redmine
- Provide accurate system documentation (logging into DoDs VPN and CM Environment Portal, etc.) - I type at least 50 Words Per Minute (WPM) and my skill comes in very handy when creating extremely long documents
- Create Wiki documents and upload Files within Redmine to assist Users on daily tasks
- Maintain and patch Servers on Non-DoDIN, DoDIN-Unclassified (NIPR) and DoDIN-Secret (SIPR) domains, which are based on Joint Information Environment (JIE) compliant architectures, which contain Puppet, Hadoop, MapReduce, Cloudera, OWF, Accumulo, Storm and LDAP
IT MANAGER (SYSTEMS SUPPORT)
- Managed a small IT team to support the organizations mission
- Meet deliverables in a timely manner and as agreed by the customer
- Excellent oral and written communication, prioritization, time-management, and multi-tasking
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to deal with ambiguous situations on a constant basis
- Advise management and customers on new IT Cloud initiatives, which will cut cost and improve efficiency
- Planning, justifying, evaluating and overseeing of new system design and development
- Communicating job expectations, appraising job results, coaching, counseling and disciplining employees as needed
- Enforcing systems, policies and procedures; Supported VMWare and MS Sharepoint applications
- Provided Systems Administration (operations and maintenance) of 120 Oracle/Sun Solaris, HP-UX, Fedora and Red Hat Linux based servers and networks, within an enhanced security environment
- Configured and monitored Oracle/Sun Solaris server based operating systems (OS)
- Installed Solaris Recommended patch cluster; Added and removed software packages as demanded
- Created and managed accounts in Windows Active Directory (AD)
- Perform data protection / restoration (Veeam Availability / Veeam Backup and Replication)
- Monitored processes using associated commands; Monitored disk quota
- Installed Oracle Database (DB) on servers and ran SQL commands as necessary
- Performed User Account Administration; Create and run operational scripts as needed
- Monitored performance of servers using Teamquest Lite 7.4
- Followed recommendations and guidelines set forth by the United States Computer Emergency Readiness Team (US-CERT), NIST, CSRC, the UNIX Security Team, SANS Institute, etc.
- Provided phone and in-person support for Windows Client / Server Operating Systems, MS Office Suite 2003/2007/2010, MS Outlook/Exchange, HP/Dell/Sony/Cisco hardware, printers and peripherals
- Answered customer and user calls, resolved all issues and logged all issues in a trouble ticketing system (Support Magic Solution, Remedy, ServiceNow, Zendesk); Carried out TCP/IP troubleshooting
- Performed both hardware and software installations, as well as, replacing leased PC hardware
- Managed Cloud hosted accounts on behalf of our customers in the ecosystem
- Demonstrated expertise in a Windows OS environment and advanced troubleshooting skills
- Troubleshot system issues via Remote Desktop Connection (RDC), WebEx and GoToMeeting
- Provided all tiers of technical support to various customer remote sites
- Installation of Netbackup; Monitored daily and weekly backups/recovery using Veritas Netbackup
- Provided pre-deployment information and post-deployment support to end-users
- Supplied accurate system documentation to include, but not limited to: Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and Privileged User Guides (PUG)
- Coordinated with software and hardware vendors as required
- Assisted with Information Assurance (IA) functions including routine system audits and reviews, testing of Information Security (IS) policies/plans/procedures
WEBSPHERE UNIX ADMINISTRATOR (INFOSEC/ OPSEC), OESAE / DESEI / EUWIB
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
- Supported the SSA Enterprise Software Engineering Facility (ESEF), & Office of Communications (OCOMM) system operations OSCAR Project
- Aided the SSA Office of Enterprise Support, Architecture & Engineering (OESAE), DESEI, & Enterprise Unix WebSphere Infrastructure Branch (EUWIB) with their Sun Solaris and HP-UX servers within the environment
- 2009 Management Technical Award by Confidential & Social Security Administration
- Hardened Sun and HP-UX systems…Server build, change and problem management
- Updated systems with patches and patch BUNDLES
- Unilaterally downloaded, installed and configured CA eTrust Access Control 8.0 & CA e-Trust Policy Compliance 4.7.2 / 4.7.3 software for the OCOMM / OTSO UNIX user accounts
- Performed tape backup and tape rotation activities as needed in the HPC data center
- Independently installed and configured HP-UX 11i v2 (B.11.23) OS and Oracle 10g on servers
- Ensured that BizFlow, eTrust, Oracle and all applications were functional
- Assisted the Unix Critical Alert Team (UCAT) & Unix Security Team (UST) with administering all US-CERT requirements
- Shared information with customer to build understanding and trust
- Tested, troubleshot, documented and reported specific system and application errors on all servers
- Followed risk model policy and incorporated security controls and compliance measures
- Highlighted key positive and negative system performance issues, & determined causes
- Enhanced business/mission critical systems to successfully pass rigorous OTSO auditing processes
- Tested and validated software enhancements
- Commended by SSA OCOMM for delivering technically and coming through for them “ in a crisis ”
- Assisted Java Developers with building and managing Java-based projects with Apache Maden software, which made the build process easy, and allowed for transparent migration to new features
- Liaised with software / hardware vendors as needed
UNIX SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATION ENGINEER (INFOSEC/ OPSEC)
Confidential, Washington DC
- Installed, maintained, and configured Sun Solaris 9 and 10 on lab and production SUN SPARC and x86 systems
- Initiated the monitoring and capturing of file system data for space and performance reasons
- Performed daily tape backup routines using Symantec / Veritas NetBackup 6.0MP6 (Administration Console)
- Maintained resource availability in the HPC environment using Veritas Volume Manager 4.5
- Developed and maintained written documentation on all the steps, processes, and procedures used in daily tape backup routines
- Performed tape restores of files for users using Symantec/Veritas NetBackup 6.0MP6 (NetBackup Client); “unfreeze” frozen backup tapes
- Maintained / retained weekly historic data on all file systems for all Solaris servers
- Provided and maintained current documentation on the method(s) used to capture and report file system data in the company’s environment
- Installed desktop LDAP tools for LDAP 5.1 (iPlanet Console 5.1) and LDAP 6.2 sufficient for managing user and group accounts
- Created user and group accounts in LDAP 5.1 and LDAP 6.2 (Java Web Console)
- Provided and maintained current documentation on the method(s) used to add users to OPEN LDAP and to report on LDAP data
- Modified and deleted LDAP information using non-production (test) accounts
- Maintained usability of the Business Continuity Site (BCS)
- Verified tape backup data for off-site storage is restorable for Disaster Recovery
- Set up new LDAP accounts for Unix according to ICI standards and test for successful Unix access
- Created and modified shell (scripts) login files (e.g., .profile, .bash profile) and environmental variables for new users according to ICI standards
- Responded to new security threats by evaluating the risk versus loss of functionality
- Established and maintained a constant open line of communication with developers, DBA’s, other system administrators, and end-users
IT SYSTEMS COORDINATOR / ADMINISTRATOR
- Primary technical contact for customer sites
- Responded to hardware and software trouble calls from users
- Researched and provided technical guidance and solutions
- Provided end-user software and hardware training
- Performed QA tests with the application development and operations management teams to resolve all client application issues
- Liaised with and assisted other Systems and Network Administrators with monitoring the conditions of over 40 different servers in the organizations High Performance Computing (HPC) environment, fixing malfunctioning PC's, etc.
- Provided users with login information (Login ID, Password, Domain, Agency and Unit number)
- Assisted with the interviewing and hiring process of graduate students, IT Support Specialists, and other IT Coordinators
- Validated that new application development worked in all user environments (production, training, testing), and that all links and databases worked correctly
- Assisted all users with the download, installation, and implementation of the Citrix Web Client
- Tested, documented and reported specific utilities errors within all applications
- Terminated Citrix sessions with the Citrix Management Console (Ver. 1.3)
- Enabled and reset all passwords and credentials for Citrix, HATS and SMART users
- Created agency and security account administration in Hats (Login Access, Permissions, Active Status); Assisted with writing training manuals and documents for users
- Coordinated with the technical, systems, programming and training support team in accomplishing the daily goals of the organization
- Provided remote technical assistance to users via Check Point VPN-1 SecureClient, Citrix Shadow, and WebEx Remote Support
- Maintained software and hardware inventory; hardware and software rollout/deployment
- Used problem-tracking software to assign, track, and escalate problems
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes