Confidential, Washington, D.C.
Supervisory Information Technology Specialist
- Responsible for coordinating the agencies Information Technology needs and initiatives into a comprehensive IT plan. The plan covered both short and long - term needs of the agency with a one, three, and five-year plan for IT equipment, recommendations for upgrading equipment, and new technologies.
- Responsible for planning, testing, and implementation of all IT Systems. This includes testing installation of security patches and updates, upgrading firmware, installing/upgrading operating systems, and configuring systems to security standards.
- Identified state-of-the-art technology solutions that are both innovative and cost effective in addressing agency business needs; gathered business requirements, examined alternatives, researched the results of studies, investigations, pilots, proofs-of-concept, and provide them to management for final approval.
- Project Manager for all IT service contracts with IT vendors to ensure that all projects were completed within budget and on time. Specifically, oversaw a contract with a system development company to create a web based Quarterly reporting system for the District’s Advisory Neighborhood Commission Treasurer’s and Commissioners’. At the completion of the project I provided training to staff, supervisors, managers, and relevant stakeholders on how to use the system.
- IT Project management included the day-to-day administration of IT contracts, verified that all deliverables detailed in the contract had been completed, provided management with status reports on delays, setbacks, and overall progress of the project, and worked with vendors to resolve project issues or delays. Additionally, planned and coordinated modification activities with vendors that were required by the stakeholders of the project.
- Developed business requirements and request for proposals (RFP) for agency website redesign, participated in the evaluation of vendor proposals and the selection of the vendor to perform the work.
- Developed the IT departments first comprehensive standard operating procedures as well as a disaster recovery plan, and network topography documents. In addition to creating these policies and procedures I also developed several IT user manuals, policies and procedure manuals provided to staff for specialized applications such as CCH TeamMate.
- Created a fully functional lab environment with VMware that was identical to the agency production domain, that consisted of windows 2008 and 2012 windows servers that functioned as domain controllers, DNS, file shares, and other Windows based applications and technologies. This test environment was used to test new devices and applications before deploying into the production network. Additionally, the test environment was also used to test patching procedures and upgrades before deployment to the production environment.
- Implemented a virtual desktop infrastructure to the agency (VDI). With VDI I was responsible for the overall design, maintenance and support of Windows 10 laptop solution that was to be managed on and off the Windows Domain using a Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution. Used software distribution tools that allowed low-touch/no-touch deployment for both software and security updates to end users, laptop devices where fully function on the domain and off the domain; and deployed McAfee anti-virus end point protection security suite and encryption to laptop devices.
- Responsible for handling desktop imaging deployment for Windows 7 and Windows 10, using various imaging tools such as Symantec Ghost, Novell Zenworks, and SCCM.
- Regularly used network monitoring and troubleshooting software such as Solarwinds for network performance monitoring, bandwidth analysis, traffic analysis, and as a network topography mapper.
- Troubleshoot any problems with servers, laptops, and desktops both hardware and software related.
- Served as point of contact for the agency, responsible for coordinating with IT vendors the acquisition and purchase of computer hardware and software needs which included servers, laptops, switches, etc. often due to additional equipment needs or replacement.
- Coordinated with the Office of the Chief Technology Officer on major technical issues such as email and telephones.
- Held monthly status report meetings with upper management and the agency director discussing overall status of current projects, IT major task performed such as monthly maintenance, and any ongoing issues, potential IT issues, provide solutions for resolving issues, made recommendations for enhancing the existing IT infrastructure, etc.
- Evaluated, tested, recommended, and installed enhancements of system updates, new software and technologies.
- Provide quarterly round-table sessions to end users on relevant IT issues such as security awareness training, basic training on systems, and software that staff routinely use.
- Responsible for supervising IT staff member. Specifically, plans/schedules work, assign work to employees, establish performance goals, evaluate and review work, appraises employee performance, provided technical advice and managerial direction to staff, approved leave requests, recommendations for promotions and awards, and served as an IT mentor to those I supervised.
- Deployed and implemented a Microsoft SharePoint intranet website used by office staff for document management, and office collaboration. I regularly conducted management task for SharePoint such as controlling the organization of sites, defined permission levels, granted and removed access, managed content and folders, monitored site usage for inappropriate or obsolete content, and managed the maintenance of the web sites.
- Deployed web server services for agency staff in order to utilize a web-based tool for capturing and reporting time and expenses related to audit projects and task, as well as for tracking audit projects finding and recommendations
- Implemented an asset management tracking system for all IT equipment.
- Upgraded and configured the agency Storage Area Network which houses all agency data.
- Implemented and installed VMware virtual desktops infrastructure for auditing staff.
Confidential, Washington, D.C
Information Technology Specialist
- Developed business requirements and request for proposals (RFP) for conference room audio visual system, agency website redesign, and server room virtualization.
- Assisted in the planning and implementation of transitioning from using expensive physical servers to VMWare ESX which resulted in cost savings to the agency.
- Installed and implemented CCH TeamMate (Audit Management System) which provided the office an integrated paperless strategy for managing audits. The implementation of TeamMate audit software helped eliminates the barriers associated with paper-filled binders and centralized electronic files, driving efficiencies into all facets of the internal audit workflow.
- Served as the on-the job trainer for staff and upper management on the usage of CCH TeamMate, saving the agency over $40,000 in training cost.
- Developed agency internet usage and computer policies and procedures.
- Implemented and managed an open source help desk management system to report and track all IT issues. The help desk system was also used to track team metrics regarding response times and average time taken to resolve and close tickets.
- Provided help desk technical support and desktop support to agency staff.
- Performed system administration responsibilities and maintenance on all network servers, switches, and desktops.
- Diagnose servers performance issues by reviewing logs and services regularly, review server resources such as memory, storage, memory, etc.
- Supported Windows XP Professional, Windows 7/10 Windows 2003 Servers, Novell Servers, Windows 2008 and 2012 Servers, Windows SQL 2008/2012/2016, and Cisco Servers/Switches
- Responsible for managing McAfee ePO server and client anti-virus applications to ensure the protection of all agency devices as well as identify, manage, and respond to security issues and threat as they may arise. Virus scans were automatically schedule in the management portal to run virus scans on laptops and desktops regularly.
- Monitored and managed agency data backup system.
- Managed and maintained the Video Surveillance System.
- Assisted in establishing, testing, and maintaining Technical Security Baseline Controls for network devices.
- Assisted in the development of the CCH TeamMate policies and procedure manual and audit work templates.
- Responsible for the management of agency website content.
Confidential , Washington, D.C
- Examined the use of public funds, evaluate District government programs and activities, provide analysis, recommendations, and other assistance to assist City Council in making effective oversight, programmatic, and budgetary decisions.
- Worked to improve the economy, efficiency, and effectiveness of the District government through financial audits, program reviews, and evaluations.
- Worked as an audit team member on audit assignments which facilitate the efforts of the team in planning and evaluation of the audit assignment.
- Conducted a variety of statistical and financial analyses on government data and reports with the Accounting Command Language (ACL) software application.
- Analyzed government agencies annual budgets for variance against actual expenses.
- Developed audit findings and recommendations that were presented to the auditee.
- Performed follow-up audits to determine whether or not recommendations by the D.C. Auditor from previous reports had been implemented.
Databases: Microsoft SQL 2005 and SQL 2008
Software: Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio, CCH TeamMate
Systems: Windows XP/2000/2003/ 2008/2012/2016 Microsoft Servers/Microsoft Exchange/ Microsoft SharePoint/Novell Netware/VMWare/SolarWinds NPM &NTM/Novell