- Experienced information technology professional with a broad foundation of skills specialized for working within mission critical environments, along with an extensive knowledge of network interconnectivity across various platforms necessary for supporting enterprise level infrastructures.
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 9x/2000/XP/Vista/7, Microsoft Windows Server 2000/2003/2008, VMware ESX Server, Linux
Hardware: Cisco 2960, 3560, 3750, 4500, 4900, 6500 Series Switches, Cisco 2600 & 6700 Series Routers, Cisco ASA 5525, Cisco SNS 3415, Cisco ISE, Juniper / Netscreen SSG series Firewalls. Cisco Wireless 5760 WLC, Cisco 3700 WAP, HP ProCurve Switches, HP Bladecenter, HP VirtualCenter, HP Prolient Series servers HP Storageworks, Xiotech SAN, Polycom IP Video Conference Systems, Crestron Media Controller, Sourcefire IPS, Cisco Secure ACS, Cisco 5760 WLC
Software: Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Exchange, Veritas Backup Exec, Ipswitch WS FTP Server, Cisco AnyConnect 3.x, VMWare ESX Server 5.x, Kaseya Platform, Splunk, Fiddler web debugging tool
Management Tools: SolarWinds, OpManager, Juniper Netscreen NSM, Active Directory, RSA Authentication Manager, Blackberry Enterprise Server, Wireshark, Fiddler, Cisco Security Manager Client, VMware vSphere Client, Cisco Prime, Groundworks Monitor Enterprise, Nagios, Nmap, McAfee Enterprise Security Manager
Protocols: IP, TCP/IP, FTP, TFTP, SFTP, SSL, SSH, SNMP, SMTP, RIP, EIGRP, BGP, PPP, Frame Relay, Ethernet, ISDN, ARP/ICMP, VPN, VTP, IPSEC, DHCP, DNS, SDI, Radius, iSCSI, TACACS+, 802.3 ethernet, 802.11 wireless, 802.1x trunking
Confidential, Washington, D.C.
Senior Network Engineer
- Support EIA’s weekly data release of market moving energy statistics for Petroleum and Natural Gas.
- Support network access for over 100 servers and 800 users.
- Manage 4 Citrix Netscaler providing load balanced hosted web services and external DNS.
- Manage 7 ASA 5525 Firewall configuration changes.
- Support AnyConnect VPN for up to 750 simultaneous connections.
- Assist Security with configuration guidance for Sourcefire 3D7120 IPS sensor and Defense Center DC750.
- Manage Infoblox for internal IPAM.
- Manage Disaster recovery side and conduct annual COOP test.
- Assist Helpdesk with user access issues.
- Create custom reports in Splunk to orchestrate network traffic patterns/behavior to management.
- Troubleshoot application connectivity issues, conduct packet captures for analysis if necessary using Fiddler and Wireshark.
- Provide root cause analysis on hardware/network related failures.
- Monitor and respond to incidents using Solarwinds/Nagios Splunk, and Cisco Prime. Produce availability reports for management.
- Attends weekly meetings with office of CIO to discuss status review of ongoing projects.
- Submit hardware refresh recommendations to CIO for review.
- Conduct annual site failover test.
- Provide emergency after hours support for entire EIA network infrastructure.
Confidential, Crystal City, VA
Senior Network Engineer
- Network lead for DCoE Network.
- Managed ongoing projects as well as planning for upcoming sites.
- Managed Perimeter Cisco 7600 Series Routers facing NIPRANET.
- Managed Cisco 3750 Series L3 Switches and ASA 5520 Firewalls.
- Troubleshot EIGRP links across private circuits.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Managed IPSEC VPN connections between the client and Eastnets.
- Assisted sales team by providing technical solutions for prospective clients.
- Managed implementations for new SWIFT members.
- Assist with connection issues related to WS FTP, and SWIFT application connectivity.
Confidential, New York, NY
Network Operations Analyst
- Provided level 1 support in the Network Operations Center (NOC) for external clients as well as internal users with issues related to server, mainframe, networking, and payment systems.
- Investigated frame - relay circuit outages using monitoring tools such as SolarWinds and troubleshot connectivity using Cisco 2801 and Cisco 3845 Routers.
- Pre-configured Cisco 2801 Routers and NetScreen NS5GT devices for use on client premises.
- Managed and configured Cisco 3560 access switches for internal users.
- Managed SCOM servers in a production environment.
- Supported participant banks attempting to connect to test systems and troubleshot configuration issues.
- Managed and configured audio and IP video conferencing systems, including Polycom systems, Forum-Consortium and AT&T TeleConference.
Confidential, Hicksville, NY
IT Systems Support
- Provided Helpdesk support for over 200 users.
- Managed hosting of e-mail for clients through a Microsoft Exchange Server and Barracuda spam firewall.
- Built and maintained systems in an internal datacenter.
- Performed daily server operations, maintenance, troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Tested new technologies to simulate a production environment before deployment.
Confidential, Sound Beach, NY
IT Specialist /Co-Founder
- Designed and implemented networks for small and medium businesses.
- Configured customer server based systems, including domain controllers, file servers, application servers, exchange servers, and back-ups.
- Developed a paper to electronic transition process to meet the needs of multiple small business clients.
- Assisted clients in planning for current and future needs of the organization in order to develop solutions to meet their requirements.