As an experienced Network Engineer with relevant qualifications, certifications and over 6 years of hands - on experience in networking technologies. I am seeking a challenging mid-level network engineering/network operation role.
- Experience in network and infrastructure designing, architecting, deploying and troubleshooting network & security infrastructure in Enterprise Environments.
- Implementation experience with Cisco Nexus series switches, Cisco Catalyst switches, Cisco ISR & ASR routers. Cisco ASA firewalls and Cisco Wireless controllers
- Hands-on implementation experience in data center environments utilizing technology's such as Cisco FabricPath, VPC/VPC+, FEX's, Port Channel, STP, SVIs, VLANs on Nexus hardware 7K, 5K, 2K. Cisco Catalyst Switches, 6500, 4900 & 3700 series switching.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with routing protocols like EIGRP, OSPF & BGP, HSRP/VRRP/GLBP, VRF, DNS, DHCP, NAT/PAT, MPLS, SNMP & STP
- Experience with various VPN technologies like Site-to-Site IPSEC VPN, GRE, GETVPN, Cisco AnyConnect and SSL VPNs
- Experience with Cisco 5520 Wireless controllers and Access Points
- Experience with F5 application delivery technologies, LTM & GTM.
- A deep understanding of security, including IDS/IPS, ACLs, LAN and Wireless station security, 802.1x, and SSL
Network Devices: Cisco Catalyst Switches 2900, 3700, 3800, 4900, 4500, & 6500, Nexus Switches-N7K/N5K/N2K, Cisco ISR Routers 1800, 1900, 2900, 3800, 3900, 7600, & ASR1006. Firewall Cisco ASA 5550, Cisco 5585, Palo Alto Firewall, F-5 LTM & GTM
Monitoring & Management Tools: Wireshark, SolarWinds and WhatsUp Gold, Cisco ACS, IBM QRadar
Office Tools: MS Project, Visio, Word, Excel and Power Point
Operating Systems: Linux, Windows 2008/2012, Windows 10
Confidential - Orlando, FL
- Supporting Network infrastructure of the Client, which includes Data Center, LAN, branch offices WAN connectivity and Internet connectivity.
- Managing Network and Security devices: Data Center switches Cisco Nexus 7k/5k/2k, Cisco aggregation switch Catalyst 6509-E, Cisco Access switches Catalyst 3560 & 2960, and Cisco Routers 7600, 3900 and 2900 series routers.
- Configuration of Cisco ASA 5550 firewalls and Cisco ACS AAA Server.
- Configuration of firewall rules, creating objects, object groups and using those in access-list. Configuring IPSEC site-to-site VPN tunnels
- Route additions, changes, new VLAN assignments, switch port configuration.
- Installation and configuration of Routers & switches for new sites connectivity
- Configuration of Cisco 5520 wireless controller and Aironet 1800 series access points
- Initial level configuration on F5 BIG IP LTM for load balancing of Application traffic
- Coordinate with clients to understand the business requirements for providing required network solution/services
- Network design for resilience under single and double faults scenarios.
- Network design for optimal phased deployment with minimal service disruption.
- Detailed core and access network design and resource optimization.
- Prepare RCA and share with client manager for escalated problems
- Work on High priority escalation from clients
- Troubleshoot VPN issues with external customers
- Cisco AnyConnect VPN support and basic level troubleshooting
Confidential - Cranston, RI.
- Configure Cisco Nexus 7k/5k/2k switches, switch ports, VPC, creating VLANs, adding access ports to VLANs, adding VLANs to trunk ports, and creating SVIs on Layer-3 switch.
- Routing configuration using static routing, OSPF on internal network and BGP peering with partners & service providers.
- SVIs and port configuration on Arista switches for various servers in Data Center environment.
- Work through Company’s ticketing system to fulfill network requests and troubleshoot network issues
- Integration of new devices (i.e. Routers, switches and Firewalls) with AAA server for secure access of devices.
- Configure F5 Load Balancers - create virtual servers, creating pools, mapping pools, and Profiles to the virtual servers. SSL offloading on Load Balancers, creating chain of certificates - certs, keys, intermediate and root certs into load balancers. Adding/deleting and updating certs to VIPs across various Data Centers.
- Configure Cisco ASA and Juniper firewalls - Coordination with various clients to establish connectivity over the IPSEC VPN, creating firewall rules, NAT/PAT configuration, allowing access between different DMZs in multi-tenant environment.
- Configuration of Palo Alto firewall on Internet segment
- Participating on call rotation for level-2 support.
- Support Nationwide Network Infrastructure, 1100 plus countrywide branches, Head Office LAN and Data Center Network.
- Support Data Center network with 500 plus servers - Cisco Catalyst 6500, 4500 & 3700 series switches. Configure switch ports for Servers connectivity. Configuring VLANs, assigning ports to different VLANs, & configure trunk ports for uplinks.
- Created multiple Segments within Data Center according to security requirement. Configured multilink between TOR and aggregation switches in Data Center for high availability and redundancy.
- Integration of Network Equipment with AAA Server for secure authentication and authorization
- Design IP addressing scheme and VLAN configuration for Head Office LAN
- Installation and configuration of Cisco PIX 515E firewall on Internet segment.
- Designed WAN routing using OSPF for branch connectivity and integration with Core Network
- Installable and configured Cisco PIX 515E Firewall in failover mode on Internet Segment with DMZ for publishing of Public facing Services
- Responsible for monitoring all network devices in the Data Centre and providing internal and external customer support to resolve network issues in a timely manner.
- Responsible for implementation and supporting Cisco Catalyst (6500, 3750, 4849 and 3550) switches, Cisco 2800 2900, 3700 and ASR series routers.
- Liaison with Project Managers, Design/Planning/Testing community, Service Manager and 3rd party equipment manufactures to align customers’ requirements with available generic and customized solutions.
- Liaise with all levels of customer, communicating technical issues in a straight forward manner and demonstrating transparency to build trust and maintain excellent relationships.
- Execute configuration changes, preventive maintenance and software issues fixes on the live network. providing technical support to students.