- CCNA and CCNP Certified Network Engineer with 7 years of experience in network design, implementation and support. Routing, switching, firewall technologies, system design, implementation and troubleshooting of complex network systems.
- Experience in Implementing, Configuration, Upgrades and Support of Checkpoint (NGX R65, R70 and R71), Juniper Firewalls (SRX5400, SRX5600 and SRX5800), Cisco Firewalls (ASA5525, ASA 5505, 5506 - X, 5585), Palo Alto Networks Firewall models (PA-2k, PA-3k and PA-5 k).
- Experience in working with Cisco Nexus Switches and Virtual Port Channel configuration.
- Experience with Checkpoint VSX, including virtual systems, routers and switches.
- Experience with DNS/DHCP/WINS Standardizations and Implementations.
- Experience with Network and Security devices such as Cisco routers and switches 1900, 2500, 2600, 2800, 2900, 3500, 3700, 3800, 7200.
- Monitoring Network infrastructure using SNMP tools and Solar-winds.
- Troubleshooting and repair of local area network outages using Telnet, Sniffer, Ping, Traceroute and CLI.
- Configured and resolved various OSPF issues in an OSPF multi area environment including tested authentication in OSPF.
- Configured and implemented remote access solution for branch offices with IPsec VPN, ACL using ASA firewalls as site-to-site. Analyzing existing networks and suggesting recommendations for design changes and upgrades to improve performance, efficiency, adaptability, and growth potential.
- Supporting, configuring and troubleshooting for routing, addressing and redistribution with EIGRP, BGP and static routing.
- Administered and maintained all corporate network services, including all Cisco-based LAN/WAN networks, firewalls and VPN.
- Resolved WAN connectivity issues with MPLS vendors and backup Internet VPN vendors.
- Install, configure, troubleshoot and manage various network infrastructures in multiple data centers to include switches, VLANs and network availability to include IP addresses, gateway, backup and management network.
- Analyzed and resolved key issues and improvements to be made to system and network infrastructure to reduce waste and prevent downtime.
- Hands on Knowledge/experience on F5 load balancers, its methods, implementation and troubleshooting on LTMs and GTMs.
- Test and analyzed elements of the network infrastructure, including customer's network management solutions that support the enterprise network. Supported F5 LTM, F5 LTM VE (ESXi) and F5 Viprion c2400.
- Worked on F5 LTM, GTM series like 6400, 6800, 8800 for the corporate applications and their availability.
- Designed and implemented F5 load balanced environment at the data center.
- Worked on a plan for a new datacenter build using Viprion/vCMP to consolidate F5 infrastructure.
- Managed work with customer and network teams to improve enterprise tools for performance monitoring, alert monitoring, event correlation, suppression, ticket notification and escalation.
- Design and Configuration, Rollout of Projects, Nexus 7000/5000/2000 switches, Cisco 6800 Platform and Cisco 4500 series campus switches, BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, Multicast and QoS.
- Cisco Routers/Switches - working with all types of Cisco Routers, Switches from 2900 to 4948s, 6500s to 7600, Nexus 5000/7000 and other Network devices, Sniffers - configuration, implementation, troubleshooting and leading team of engineers.
- Troubleshooting, configuration and installation of WAN/LANs (TCP/IP, Ethernet, Token ring, OSPF, ISDN, Frame-Relay, EIGRP, RIP, BGP).
- Network Management with Cisco works, HP-OpenView and F-Secure.
- Implemented site-to-site VPN tunnel between Cisco 3030 and 1710/1750 Routers. Configured Cisco 2509 access server.
Routers: Routers (1700, 1800, 2500, 2600, 3200, 3600, 3700, 3800 and 7200), Juniper MX series
Switches: Cisco L2 and L3 Switches (2900, 2921, 3550, 3560, 3750, 4500, 5000, 5505 and 6500), ASA, Juniper, Nexus 2k, 5k, 7k.
LAN Technologies: Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, and Gigabit Ethernet, VTP, STP, RSTP, VLAN, Inter-VLAN Routing
WAN Technologies: Frame Relay, ATM, PPP, HDLC, ISDN, DMVPN
Firewalls: PIX, Cisco ASA5520, Checkpoint, Palo Alto, Juniper Netscreen.
OS products/Services: VMware, Windows (2000/2003, XP), LINUX
Protocols/Services: Routing Protocols (RIP v1 and v2, IGRP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP), DNS, DHCP, load balancer, Proxy servers, QoS, HSRP, VRRP, TCP/IP, IPsec, MPLS, PPP, IPV6
Network Management Tools: Wireshark, Netflow Analyzer, HP OpenView, Solarwinds, Cisco Works, TCP dump
Confidential -- Columbia, MD
Sr. Network Engineer
- Configured routing protocols such as OSPF, EIGRP, and BGP with Access Control lists implemented as per Network Design Document and followed the change process as per IT policy. It also includes the configuration of the port channel between core switches and server distribution switches.
- Contributed in troubleshooting of complex LAN/WAN infrastructure that includes routing protocols EIGRP, OSPF and BGP.
- Managed office networks with Cisco devices with network devices including 2500 and 3600 series routers and 3500, 2900, 1900 series switches.
- Supported core networks consisting of Cisco 7200 series routers running multi-area OSPF.
- Configured EIGRP and OSPF as interior gateway protocol with route filtering and route redistribution, installed and maintained Cisco 3600, 2600 and 7200 backbone routes with HSRP.
- Having Strong hands on experience on Cisco Catalyst (3550, 3750, 6500) series switches, Cisco (2500, 2600, 2800, 3600, 3800, 7200) series Routers, ASA Firewall (5505/5510), Load Balancers using Cisco ACE, F5 LTM/GTM, Cisco Works, HP OpenView, Solar Winds, Sniffer, Palo Alto Networks Firewall models (PA-2k, PA-3K and PA-5K).
- Experienced in Cisco with Physical cabling, IP addressing, Wide Area Network configurations (Frame-relay and MPLS), Routing protocol configurations (RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP)
- Hands-on experienced in installing, configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting Cisco Switches, Cisco Routers, Juniper EX Switches, Juniper Routers and Cisco Nexus Switches.
- Worked on configuring the Nexus 5K Aggregation Switch and Nexus 2K Fabric Extenders. And Implemented VDC, VPC, and OTV on the Nexus 5K and 7K switches.
- Experienced with the conversion of Checkpoint VPN rules over to the Cisco ASA technology. Migration experience with Checkpoint and Cisco ASA VPN.
- Provided admin and support roles on Bluecoat Proxy for content filtering and internet access between site and VPN client users.
- Deployed and Managed Bluecoat proxies in the forward proxy scenario as well as for security in reverse proxy scenario.
- Experienced in implementing and troubleshooting complex layer 2 technologies such as VLAN Trunks, VTP, Ether-channel, STP, RSTP and MST.
- Having hands on experience in implementation and deploying BIG-IP F5 LTM load balancers for load balancing and network traffic management for business applications.
- Worked on F5 LTM, GTM series like 6400, 6800, 8800 for the corporate application and their availability.
- Implemented HSRP, VRRP for Default Gateway Redundancy.
- Having expert level knowledge on OSI model and TCP/IP protocol suite. Implemented and maintained Sourcefire intrusion detection/ prevention (IDS/IPS) system.
- Experienced in Data Center Design with Cisco Nexus in troubleshooting of DNS, DHCP and other IP conflict problems.
Confidential - San Antonio, TX
- Implemented stub/Totally stub areas and various OSPF features like route-summarization and SPF throttling.
- Hands-on experience with WAN technologies like T1/T3, DS3, STM1 and STM4 circuit types
- Worked on redistribution of routing protocols and Frame-Relay configuration
- Handled Network Migration from RIP to OSPF.
- Implementation of TCP/IP and related Services (DHCP/ DNS/ WINS)
- Performed troubleshooting, while maintaining trouble ticket tracking, following both internal/external routes.
- Worked extensively on Cisco ASA 5500 (5510/5540) Series.
- Involved in Configuration of Access lists (ACL) on ASA firewall for the proper network routing for the B2B network connectivity.
- Extensive experience in configuring and implementing OSPF and BGP.
- Experienced in securing configurations of SSL/VPN connections, troubleshooting Cisco ASA firewalls and related network security measures.
- Experience configuring Virtual Device Context and Virtual Port Channel in Nexus 5k.
- Responsible for day to day management of Cisco Devices, Traffic management and monitoring.
- Experience in HSRP standby troubleshooting and Experience in configuring and upgrading of Cisco IOS.
- Implemented various OSPF scenarios on networks consisting of 7600 routers.
- Configured policy based routing for BGP for complex network systems.
- Configured Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS), VPN with Routing Information Protocol (RIP) on the customer’s Site.
- Provided application level redundancy and availability by deploying F5 load balancers LTM.
- Configured Multicasting by using protocols such as PIM and IGMP.
- Router Microsoft VPN Server to access certain limited network resources from customer locations
- Responsible for turning up BGP peering and customer sessions, as well as debugging BGP routing problems.
- Designing and Implementation of (LAN) VLANs, VTP, Spanning Tree (STP), Trunking (dot1q and ISL) and Ether channel.
- Implemented Zone-Based Firewalling and security rules on the Palo Alto Firewall.
- Installed and configured ASA 5505 in customer locations. In addition to that, configured PIX firewall for the guest access. Hands on Experience with Cisco Wireless Controllers 5500’s and 2500’s and coming to access points, worked on 3700’s, 3500’s and 1142 access points.
- Implemented DHCP, DNS configuration on the servers to allocate, resolute the IP addresses from Subnet.
Confidential -- Cincinnati, OH
- Configuring HSRP between VLANs, Configuring Ether-Channels, Port Channel on 6500 catalyst Switches.
- Switches Replace branch hardware with new 2851 routers and 2960 switches.
- Configuring and troubleshooting Juniper Netscreen Firewalls using NSM.
- Migrate, upgrade and patch management for Fortinet and checkpoint Firewalls
- Conversions to BGP WAN routing, which converts WAN routing from OSPF to BGP (OSPF is used for local routing only) that involves new wan links.
- Configuring various features (Profiles, monitors, iRules, Redundancy, SNATs, HA on F5 BIG-IP appliances SSL termination and initiation, Persistence, Digital Certificates, Executed various migration/upgrade projects across F5 and hands-on with F5 BIG-IP LTMs/EM.
- Configured various BGP attributes such as Local Preference, MED, Extended Communities, Route-Reflector clusters, Route-maps and route policy implementation.
- Actively participated in upgrading fast Ethernet, Layer 3-switched/Routed LAN infrastructure from Cisco 3640 to Cisco 2811 ISR routers and switches at access level to 2950, 3550.
- Converting CatOS to Cisco IOS Config Conversion on distribution layer switches.
- Monitored network for optimum traffic distribution and load balancing using Solarwinds.
- Validate existing infrastructure and recommend new network designs.
- Provided Level 3 Engineering and Support to other internal network engineers and contractors.
- Designing and installing new branch network systems. Resolving network issues, running test scripts and preparing network documentation.
- Upgraded fast Ethernet, Layer 3 switched/routed LAN infrastructure from Cisco 3640 to Cisco2811 ISR routers and switches at access level to 2950, 3550.
- Providing daily network support for national wide area network consisting of MPLS, VPN and point-to-point site.
- Configuring GLBP, VLAN Trunking 802.1Q, STP, Port security on Catalyst 6500 switches.
- Responsible for service request tickets generated by the helpdesk in all phases - troubleshooting, maintenance, upgrades, patches and fixes with over all technical support.
- Have setup secure configurations of load balancing in F5, SSL/VPN connections, Troubleshooting CISCO ASA firewalls, and related network security measures.
- Monitor performance of network and servers to identify potential problems and bottleneck.
- Cisco router and switching configuration and installation using OSPF, EIGRP, RIPV2, BGP, IBGP, HSRP Routing protocols.
- Subnetting for network separation and load balancing, Cat5 cabling.
- Windows server 2003, 2008 new users and computers OU, DNS, DHCP, GPO, and SCCM2007 package deployment.
- Provided Helpdesk support that involved identifying and escalating the tickets to specific groups.
- Work closely with field technicians, vendors, helpdesks, Network Administrators and Network Engineers via the phone and Email to resolve network and system troubles
- Have thorough knowledge of all applicable products, operating systems and MS applications (Windows 9x/NT/2000/2003/XP; DOS operating systems; MS Access
- Provided remote technical support for SunTrust's 2100 Branches during "Network Enhancement Project.
- Monitor (Layer 1 Physical) circuit cut over from existing DS1 to Verizon Business PIP.
- Configure Cisco 2500, 2600 and 2800 routers with new bandwidth.
- Troubleshoot Connectivity and Network errors within a minimum time. maintenance window using Ping, Telnet (Ethernet) and Dial up (Serial).
- Worked closely with vendors, clients and project team, using the escalation process.
- Ensuring that BGP routing protocol is configured correctly and is active and update Project Status Reports.
- Developed a VLSM (Variable Length Subnet Mask) scheme, using it along with OSPF to create the most efficient flat switch domains.
- Analyzed network traffic pattern and developed a VLAN (Virtual LAN) infrastructure among all switched networks for optimal performance.
- Ensured effective performance of Spanning-tree Protocol by configuring the appropriate switches as root bridges.
- Conducted Wide Area Network design using Frame Relay technologies.
- Performed backbone network design.
- Conducted large scale switched VLAN design and implementation.
- Designed and implemented Layer 3 switching architecture.
- Ensured the provision of higher bandwidth as well as avoided frame loops by creating Ether channels.
- Monitored problem reporting system and work network-related tickets.
- Created and maintained local, end to end VLANS, Ether channels and STP.
- Developed and update access lists to meet customers' specifications.
- Configured and troubleshoot routing paths and routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, static redistributed routes)
- Developed and implemented VLAN architecture and IP subnet address scheme for client's network.
- Installed, configure and troubleshoot Cisco Routers, and Multilayer switches. Create, design and implement local and enterprise area networks.
- Implemented VTP and Trunking protocols (like 802.1q and ISL) on cat 3560, 3750 and 4500 switches.
- Installation, Maintenance, Troubleshooting Local and Wide Areas Network (ISDN, Frame relay, NAT, DHCP, TCP/IP).
- Configured Access List ACL (Std., Ext and Named) to allow users all over the company to access different applications and blocking others.
- Configured STP for loop prevention and VTP for Inter-VLAN Routing.
- Diagnosed and resolved technical hardware and software issues in 24 hour time frame.
- Researched questions using available information resources.
- Created and administered end user accounts and badges.
- Assisted in IT projects and systems administration.
- Identifying and escalating situations requiring urgent attention.
- Tracked and routed incidents and requests and documented resolutions.
- Stayed current with system information, changes and updates.
- Responsible for collecting Desktop inventory, decommissioning unused assets, setting up, configuring, imaging and deploying PCs, laptops, printers and other desktop IT assets.
- Performing data transfers, recovery and setup, assisting end users, managing user accounts and Active Directory integration.
- Provided restore and backups for desktops, laptops, data transfer, cleaned systems; planned, configured, installed, tested, diagnosed and administered new technology/equipment -evaluation, troubleshooting.
- Provided routine desktop and systems maintenance, including backup and restore activities, updating patches and virus definitions.
- Observed Network Monitoring and Diagnostic Tools for outages or potential problems. Performed following duties: Windows Update, Upgrade RAM, build client machine using drives on domain.
- Troubleshooting and resolved dynamic routing, Ethernet switching and host connectivity issues in a window and network environment.
- Troubleshooting wiring problems and serial communication lines.
- Troubleshooting TCP/IP problems; troubleshoot connectivity issues in multi-protocol Ethernet, Environment.
- Develop, plan and maintain documentation necessary for operation in support of LAN to WAN connectivity.
- Configured 2600, 2900 and 3600 routers with RIP and EIGRP.
- Provided Network and Security Architecture and Operations support services for Windows 2008 based web, application and database servers.