- I am a strategic leader, technical adviser and hands - on contributor. During my career, I have been responsible for architectural design, development and deployment of cost effective solutions. My primary focus is designing cloud, virtualization, infrastructure and application platforms.
- My goal is to find a challenging position leading a team and providing strategic direction in building and implementing enterprise technologies.
Collaboration & Brainstorming; Leading & Mentoring; Communication & Influencing, obtaining buy-in from peers and executives; Planning to Execution; Long term Problem Solving; Humble in my abilities, willing to Learn and go as deep as necessary; Honest & Reliable; Fiscally Responsible; Articulate Documentation and Artifacts; Sense of Humor.
EA & Architecture Methodologies: TOGAF, Zachman Framework, SOA, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, Automation
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows, Linux, Unix, Cisco IOS/Nexus
Software: Amazon AWS, Apache, Hadoop, Cloudera, Docker, Microsoft IIS, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, MariaDB, Microsoft Exchange, Postfix, Sendmail, Terminal Services, Nagios, MRTG, Munin, HAProxy Load Balancer, NGINX, Puppet, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Visio, Snort, Nessus, OpenStack, VMware vSphere, OSS KVM, Wireshark
Servers & Storage: IBM, HP, Dell, Cisco UCS, NetApp Filers, EMC Celerra/Clarrion, Dell Equallogic
Network Hardware: Cisco ASA/PIX Firewalls, IPS/IDS, Cisco Routers & Switches, Cisco Load Balancers, Vyatta
Networking Technology: EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, HSRP, VRRP, Ether-channel. IPSEC & SSL VPN, Packet Capturing/Sniffing
Programming Languages: BASH, Java, Perl, HTML, PHP, Python
Director, Cloud Integration | Partner Support
Confidential, Littleton, Colorado
- An American multinational Tier 1 telecommunications and Internet service provider company headquartered in Broomfield, Colorado.
- Developing a Hybrid Cloud strategy for our customers, not only to leverage Private IaaS and Public Cloud but to utilize Level 3 networking products that offer low latency and simplified cloud connectivity.
- Driving the overall global API strategy, providing direction on functionality and partner integration requirements. Collaborating with key stakeholders across global cross-functional teams to influence the overall design and scale.
- Partnering with our Business Development team, I engage with potential partners/vendors in regards to hardware, software, and service integration to build sustainable partner alliances, driving revenue.
Senior Manager | Principal Architect, IT Enterprise Architecture
Confidential, Englewood, Colorado
- Global information company with world-class experts in the pivotal areas shaping today’s business landscape: energy, economics, geopolitical risk, sustainability and supply chain management. 10 years of employment with IHS & GlobalSpec
- Directed and lead efforts to quantify the use of Amazon AWS public cloud. Constructed and trained a virtual team that spans multiple IT departments in order to fuel buy-in and to conduct proof of concepts (POC).
- Guided and advised development leaders on Big Data initiatives around infrastructure architecture, private on-premise versus public cloud solutions and best practices for data source aggregation.
- Provided strategic and tactical planning, POC evaluation, and coordination of Technical Architecture in order to ensure a scalable and robust infrastructure that can support business critical applications.
- Established budget forecasting and technology roadmaps, defining quarterly efforts and strategies to deliver agreed upon solutions with the most effective cost and resources.
- Managed Technical Architecture team, conducted performance evaluations, objectives setting. Actively participated in cross-departmental initiatives ensuring resources and costs are aligned, managed and lead projects to their completion.
- Provided architectural designs for key infrastructure components, consisting of storage and compute, based on business goals. Performed analysis on existing or new platforms. Created detailed documentation of the infrastructure and application stack to support data center migrations and upgrades.
- Managed vendors, organized and assisted executives with a multi-million dollar storage maintenance renewal and advocated for introducing new technologies into the organization.
Manager, IT Enterprise Infrastructure
Confidential, East Greenbush, New York
- A technology services company, which provided a search engine and web interface for engineering, industrial and electronic products.
- Evaluated the organization's technology use and needs, ensured continuous improvement in all areas of IT including driving crucial technologies into the organization.
- Managed Systems Administrators and provided mentoring on technologies, processes and tools and handled more complex issues/requests. Interviewed, hired and participated in staffing decisions.
- Developed and reviewed project plans to ensure feasibility and budget requirements
Senior Systems Architect, IT
Confidential, East Greenbush, New York
- Project Lead: Assisted in the design of cooling, power, network cabling and data-center floor plan consisting of 18 racks. Planned the cutover for the newly constructed data-center, executed the infrastructure migration over a 48 hour period.
- Designed and implemented a network infrastructure for a VMware vSphere Cluster with back-end NetApp storage. This provided highly available mission critical applications and disaster recovery replication between two data centers.
- Managed and designed specialized platform for a state-of-the-art highly parallel web crawler, internal grid computing network, and search engine consisting of Red Hat Linux and Microsoft Windows systems.
- Designed and implemented the network infrastructure for virtualization, high availability firewalls, routers, load balancers and switches.
Senior Systems Engineer | Team Lead, IT Server Operations
Confidential, East Greenbush, New York
- A large technology company who designed, built and currently supports the New York state Medicare/Medicaid application systems.
- Assisted in the design and implementation of the New York State Medicaid/Medicare eligibility and verification system. Supported the complex 24x7 Mid-tier infrastructure with potential $2,000 per minute Service Level Agreement penalties.
- Managed and directed the daily operations of the mid-tier infrastructure team, supporting over 300 plus Intel based servers.
- Consolidated production and development platforms by deploying VMware ESX and IBM Blade servers, reducing hardware capital expenditures.
- Designed and implemented high availability Microsoft clustering solutions to support Enterprise applications such as Microsoft SQL Server and IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition.
Network Administrator, IT
Confidential, Albany, New York
- A credit union for credit unions, that provides wholesale investment, lending, payment, and other services.
- Responsible for network and system management, security, performance optimization, backup and recovery, system monitoring, application tuning, capacity planning and resource management.
- Pro-actively proposed technical solutions, implemented procedures and documentation to support validated systems, hardware and software.
- Configured, installed, and maintained the operation of the LAN/WAN network to support our customers.
Supply Systems Analyst
Confidential, South Dakota
- Home to the 28th Bomb Wing and the B-1B Lancer aircraft. Served 4 years of active duty with an honorable discharge.
- Maintained and monitored system availability and performance at agreed upon standards, recovered systems, subsystems, and/or individual components to ensure optimum performance.
- Assisted other IT personnel in troubleshooting and/or recovery from extraordinary problems.
- Trained personnel on administering, maintaining, troubleshooting and installing computer systems.
- Served 4 years active duty with an honorable discharge.