- Exceptional individual with focused motivation and aptitude for all aspects of Information Technology, and energetic appeal for learning new methods and ideas to improve techniques employed in the field.
- Capable of maintaining open mind set for discovering solutions and processes to specific IT paradigms such as network strategizing and troubleshooting, management and maintenance, and computer/network security.
- Possesses skills to lead and work collectively within groups to provide effective results for any situation in the modern IT environment, maintains penchant to complete projects and meet deadlines consistently.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Thorough experience in configuration, management, maintenance of major Cisco equipment including PIX/ASA firewalls, IDS/IPS components, ACE load balancers, Catalyst/Nexus switches, 2800/3800 and ASR/WCCP routers and Cisco UCS systems.
- Experience with A10 load balancers and Juniper VPN ISEs, as well as Dell and HP switches, F5 Load Balancers, Checkpoint Firewalls, BlueCoat AV Proxy servers.
- Knowledge and heavy involvement with allocating routing, translation, ACL configuration for clients in tiered firewall environments, requiring substantial understanding of complex contexts.
- Extensive hands - on familiarity with routing, OSPF, EIGRP, BGPv4 and various other technologies/protocols used in a complex, large scale, multi-client network topology.
- Comprehensive knowledge and day-to-day involvment of deployment and configuration of Virtual Machines for multiple clients on various UCS environments through VMware, including creation and implementation of back-end networking to switching and SAN components.
- Assisted with general daily operation of data centers.
Network Security Engineer
Confidential, Scottsdale AZ
- Oversaw operation of U.S. SecOps including IPS/IDS and Firewall ACL/Anti-Spoofing, NAT, and routing management. Managed BlueCoat AV and Proxy White-/Blacklisting for national and global operations.
- Assisted Network Engineering with WCCP route/ACL implementation, customer L2L/IPSEC implementation and maintenance.
- Involved with and integral to successful projects such as vendor/employee VPN Concentrator to ASA migration, ACE to F5 LB migration, and AnyConnect Client implementation/rollout.
Network Engineer/Firewall Administrator
Confidential, Philadelphia PA
- Lead daily operation, maintenance, and quarterly security reviews of global system of multi-context firewalls and load balancers.
- Assisted with planning and implementation of multiple home office buildings, in addition to installation and configuration of Augusta CC network equipment.
- Lead a number of projects including Philadelphia-Reno GSLB setup, global terminal services rollout, and store wireless upgrades.
Junior Network Engineer/Support
Confidential, Reading PA/Wilmington DE
- Managed responsibilities of assisting Sr. Network Engineers with daily requests/issues in a multi-client, complex network environment, with roles varying from network infrastructure deployment, maintenance and troubleshooting of difficult SLA-intensive issues.
- Supported clients with managed services including VMware deployment and maintenance with networking back-end and some knowledge of LUN creation and storage management.
- Assisted NOC with support calls covering an array of different network, backup, VM, storage and facility issues, and worked with peers on varying client-related projects at both co-location data centers.