IT experience in Devops, System Administration, Software Configuration, Release Management, Tier 1 - 3 level application support, Change Management, hardware and software. I have a strong background in project management, operations, processing, security, application and system support.
- Windows & SQL server to include 2016
- IIS 5-8
- Virtual Server/Remote Desktop Connect
- Cisco F5 load balancer
- Data center Lead at Century Link Communications
- Git, GitHub
- Guidewire Billing Center, Claims Center, Policy Center and Contact Manager
- Event Viewer/ Perf monitor
- Unix administration
- Regedit,Regedt32,web.config,file edits
- Notification and Escalation tools
- Confidential /TFS
- Tomcat Apache
- Azure Iaas/Paas
Confidential, Tampa, FL
Team lead / Devops
- Provided 24/7 production and non-production support for Confidential Guidewire clients
- Including Billing Center, Claims Center, Policy Center, Contact Manager and code repositories.
- Designed, implemented, and maintained processes and procedures for creating software loads, builds and releases - Jenkins
- Designed new environments and upgraded existing clients including AWS (VM’s and software)
- SQL database support - create, back up, restore and queries as needed
- Provided release management for Confidential and clients
- Conducted client meetings and status calls
- Worked with project managers, development team managers, system analysis team and testing team to establish a build schedule.
- Assisted with troubleshooting of all build/system failures.
- Updated all operations guides and DR plans
- Worked with 3rd party providers to upgrade hardware and software
- Assigned work to all team members and related teams
- Provided patching and supported patching of all non-production and production systems - Windows, AWS and Linux
Confidential, Tampa, FL
- Work with both Confidential and Confidential engineers to design and implement the 3 new Geos
- Use the Azure portal, arm templates and PowerShell to create the infrastructure for the Paas/Iaas applications
- Use Confidential to build and push the application code with automation
- Train the new international employees on Azure, code updates and release procedures
- Document all Azure build procedures and Confidential release policies
Confidential, Sarasota, FL
Application configuration/Build & Configuration manager
- Developed and maintained a new system configuration management process for the Guidewire implementation while working with Confidential .
- Including Billing Center, Claims Center, Policy Center, Contact Manager and Git repositories.
- Controlled and configured both internally developed software as well as external software tools. Installed and configured a pair of Jenkins servers for automated deployments for Guidewire and .net applications.
- Performed configuration management and release engineering tasks to ensure new and updated software products and operating parameters were documented. I ensured the software loads complied with the given hardware configuration, and was logistically sustainable.
- Designed, implemented, and maintained processes and procedures for creating software loads, builds and releases.
- Formulated the guidelines for the development team on configuration, build and release management by putting together an extensive plan for all product releases to include Guidewire and .Net.
- Worked with the project managers, development team manager and team leads, system analysis team and testing team to establish a build schedule, execute the builds in all environments, provided guidelines for deployment in higher environments and troubleshoot all build system failures.
- Released software with automation tools Jenkins, Git, batch scripts, and PowerShell.
- Deleted and recreated SQL DB’s and ran sql queries as needed.
- Converted all .net environments from windows 2003 server and SQL to Windows 2012.
Confidential, Tampa, FL
Platform Configuration Manager
- Responsible for the build out of the development, stage, training and production environments.
- The environments included Windows 2012 server running IIS 8 for web hosting, Windows SQL 2008 and 2012 as the database.
- Consolidate the single site servers into one server with failover for cost savings and stability.
- Configured the casetracker software that was part of the environment build.
- Created documentation, landing pages (branded for clients) and utilized remote desktop manager (software) to organize the over 75 servers in the environment.
- Provided all levels of support, including trouble shooting the Web/SQL server errors using event viewer, application logs and basic network errors.
- Worked closely with BSA, Network, and PM teams to ensure the successful release of software.
- Assisted in the consolidation and reconfiguration of AWS servers ( Amazon Web Services) to lessen the overall footprint for Production, Stage, Training and the Development environments. The reduction was both in storage for SQL servers and number of web servers.
Confidential, Broomfield, CO
Software Configuration Manager
- Responsible for deploying and maintaining Reed Groups various software products in both production and non-production environments.
- Deployed service oriented web applications in a clustered and load balanced environment including internal, client facing non-production, and production environments. I worked with the development teams to review the event logs and system logs to help stabilize and debug application issues.
- Utilized TFS as a storage repository for code version control, updates and separation of environments, as well as for web.config and system config file management. Last we used TFS for team documents and general storage.
Confidential, Englewood, CO
Application Support Engineer
- Manage multiple business-critical .NET applications in the development, test, stage and production environments.
- Work successfully with multiple development teams to coordinate the deployment of their application code in each of those environments.
- My support includes the SME responsibility for a number of Gold level applications. I am the direct interface for the development teams, project managers and the IT managers.
- Responsible for troubleshooting all product related issues at all severity levels. I work with the development teams to review the event logs and system logs to help stabilize and debug application issues.
- Performed many IIS installations and configurations. I am part of a 24/7 on call team that provides tier 2/3 support for all Windows and UNIX systems. I configure the F5 load balancer for all the systems that I support. This includes the creation of nodes, server pools and VIPs.
Confidential, Denver, CO
Senior IT Engineer
- Responsible for the technical support of the Confidential .Net web farm environment.
- In this role I was responsible for understanding and managing critical business processes for our high growth .Net web farm. I performed independently and as a team member and provided 24X7 application support.
- Independently performed analysis and support from moderate to complex problems including severity 1 and 2 outages. I effectively communicated with various support teams across the Confidential network.
- Clearly and concisely explained complex details to tier 3 support teams as well as general instructions to the bridge for coordinating SWATs during production outages.
- Coordinated infrastructure changes (upgrades, patches, maintenance, etc.) with various support teams.
- Performed application deployments using Release Management tools (i.e. Dimensions, Application Center, Cluster Administrator, Add/Remove Programs, Services Applet, and scripts).
- Coordinated all release activity with department managers, project managers and directors during times of outages and emergency releases.
Confidential, Englewood, CO
IIS Software Support Engineer
- Managed multiple business-critical .NET applications in a development, test, stage and production environment.
- Worked successfully with multiple development teams to coordinate the deployment of their application code to each of these environments. My support included the SME responsibility for a number of Gold level applications.
- Direct interface for the development teams, project managers and the IT managers.
- Responsible for troubleshooting all product related issues at all severity levels.
- Worked with the development teams to review the event logs and system logs to help stabilize and debug application issues. I performed many IIS installations and configurations.