Expansive managerial career in Information Technology with a strong focus on support of internal/external users, systems and services. Strong focus on IT Support with an emphasis on customer satisfaction. Experienced in administration and management of systems, operations, applications and professional resources.
Confidential, Exeter, RI
Convergence Manager - Networking
- Hired to manage a network operations center (NOC) networking team providing managed services support to external customers worldwide. Managed both onsite and remote resources. Initiated process improvements and procedures along with restructuring workflow, resulting in sensational improvements in all customer support metrics for the team.
- Improved team morale and created a working environment that provided stability for the team and the organization. Developed existing resources to provide a high level of customer support combined with a high level of technical expertise.
- Turned the networking support team to the top performing team in all measurable statistics; consistently received high customer satisfaction ratings with a minimal number of case escalations. Reduced open backlog of work by over 60%with no increase in team resources.
- Developed and implemented a networking career development program to foster career advancement opportunities within the organization.
- Redesigned the software release management process used to support organizational customers by all NOC teams, resulting in significant improvements to the level of support provided to our top tier customers.
Confidential, Fairhaven, MA
MIS Help Desk and Data Security Manager
- Hired to elevate the level of customer support provided by the Help Desk and all of MIS to the highest levels. Dramatically improved response times and first contact resolution rates. Created customer satisfaction survey/review process with consistent scores approaching 95%. Implemented direct patient support program for web based patient applications.
- Led organizational effort to define SLAs and KPIs based on ITIL standards for incident and problem management. Created dashboards and customized reporting for metrics.
- Responsible for rollout of new Symantec Service Desk application integrated CMDB and utilizing VOIP technology including design and configuration and administration of workflows. Designed and implemented support structure for all of MIS (over 100 support staff supporting 7500 end users). Designed IVR solution with ACD skills based routing. Provided multi-channel support to the user community..
- Managed support for multiple projects including large scale initiatives such as support of telephony upgrades to IP based technology and transition to a new electronic health record platform for the organization. Responsible for designing support plans, training, support administration and customized reporting.
- Managed Data Security team; responsible for providing and securing access to all enterprise systems and applications. Redesigned workflows for access requests resulting in improved team performance. Cross-trained members of both teams to provide additional coverage for functional responsibilities of each group. Managed direct staff of 12 resources.
- Created departmental technical knowledge base to improve support throughout all of MIS. Revamped, updated and maintained corporate intranet knowledge base for end users. Created streamlined support processes and documented procedures to enhance organizational support.
- Expanded help desk to provide 24x7 support; merged operations and systems monitoring into the help desk. Reviewed all support functions and implemented process improvements to improve performance.
Confidential, Upper Marlboro, MD
Regional IT Support/Service Manager
- Regional IT manager for mid-Atlantic region supporting over 90 branch locations and primary offices/distribution center. Responsible for the data center, and all IT requirements for infrastructure, applications, hardware and software. Provided systems administration for all servers and applications (Windows and AS400).
- Managed help desk and desktop support resources supporting all IT needs for the division. Created centralized knowledge base for support team and trained/coached team members resulting in improved end user support.
- Led project to replace existing Tier I/II Help Desk support to internally managed onsite and offshore team. Oversaw design of custom application and documentation to facilitate improved help desk performance while generating substantial cost savings. Responsible for management and performance levels of both onsite and offshore team members. Project resulted in significant increase in end user satisfaction of help desk support.
- Defined SLAs and KPIs to measure help desk and support team performance. Created metrics reporting to clearly display support performance to senior management.
- Responsible for managing all current and ongoing development for the division; led divisional IT efforts to migrate primary divisional business application to a new enterprise solution; coordinated all associated hardware and software upgrade requirements.
- Reviewed network and system security; coordinated efforts to safeguard network data and instituted tighter security policies for all IT systems.
Confidential, New Bedford, MA
Computer Systems Manager
- Responsible for hands-on management of all computer related systems in a multiple AS400 and Windows server environment. This included hardware, software, and networking at all levels from the desktop to all servers and systems. This also included operating system upgrades, installation and migration for new systems, and all administrative requirements. Managed corporate telephone and voicemail systems.
- Managed project to create rollout of disaster recovery software and replication utilizing Mimix. Created and maintained a mirrored system to allow for 24/7 operations and uninterrupted systems availability in the event of an actual disaster.
- Managed project to implement a new WMS solution, including new RF capability. Designed custom systems to improve accuracy and performance in both the office and warehouse areas. Designed and led installation of a new Websphere B2B application to allow customers to place orders and access information on the internet.
- Created programs and reports to facilitate better functionality internally and to integrate with the requirements of vendors and customers. Implemented and maintained a document storage and retrieval system
- Upgraded/replaced all desktop systems and servers. Planned and upgraded internal network switches and cabling to use fiber.
- Provided all training and educational requirements for the end-user community.
Confidential, East Greenwich, RI
- Provide systems support across multiple varied platforms (NT, Unix, OS/400, and MVS) running a myriad of applications such as SAP and BPCS.
- Worked on a project converting 18 iSeries systems to 3 AS/400s with logical partitioning.
- Perform administrative functions for various platforms to facilitate a high-level of performance and systems availability.
Confidential, Westwood, MA
- Managed multiple concurrent projects involving technical and non-technical people.
- Solution Architect for a fully integrated turnkey call center system that integrated voice, data, email, fax, and CRM utilizing the latest technology and 3COM VoIP PBX. Created technical services documentation for the solution and led early adoption testing during the initial solution rollout.
- Responsible for system analysis, project feasibility, resource allocation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution.
- Design computing and network architectures and integrate systems for Windows NT, Novell, Unix and iSeries platforms. Install, manage and support web-based enterprise networks.
- Created documentation and procedures for development, training, and support.
- Systems administration, security, disaster recovery planning, capacity planning and sizing, performance analysis and tuning.