- Devops Engineer with around 6 years of experience in IT industry comprising Linux Administration, Software Configuration, Build/ Release Management, Deployment Automation, Amazon Web Services, Cloud implementation, containerization, and orchestration.
- Proposed Branching strategies for implementing the Parallel development and suits the agile methodology for different Version control systems.
- Has a deep experience from deployment of content delivery networks (CDN) and system development in cloud environments, including Software as Service (SaaS), Platform as Service (PaaS), or Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
- Experience in Infrastructure Development and Operations, involved in designing and deploying almost all the AWS stack like EC2, EBS, S3, VPC, RDS, SES, ELB, Auto scaling, CloudFront, Cloud Formation, Elastic Cache, CloudWatch, SNS, Route 53.
- Experience with AWS instances spanning across Dev, Test and Pre - production and Cloud Automation through Open Source DevOps tools like Chef, Jenkins & Docker.
- Migrated on-perm data centers to cloud providers on AWS.
- Designed highly accessible, scalable, fault tolerant and cost-effective systems using multiple EC2 instances, Auto scaling, Elastic Load Balancers and AMIs.
- Responsible for Enabling Enterprise Single Sign-On to configure the server with SSO settings.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using Subversion (SVN), Perforce and Git source control.
- Expertise in DevOps Build and Release Engineering, Configuration Management, Cloud Infrastructure, using Amazon Web Services (AWS), Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, and GitHub.
- Expert in managing Sonatype Nexus/Artifactory repositories for the maven artifacts and dependencies.
- Experience in working with EC2 Container Service plugin in Jenkins which automates the Jenkins master- slave configuration by creating temporary slaves.
- Extensively worked on Hudson/Jenkins for continuous integration (CI) and for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments.
- Created Ansible playbooks to automatically install packages from a repository, to change the configuration of remotely configured machines and to deploy new builds.
- Writing Chef Recipes for Deployment on internal Data Centre Servers. Also, re-used and modified same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Setting up and maintenance of automated environment using Chef Recipes & Cookbooks within Azure environment.
- Deployed Puppet for configuration management to the existing infrastructure.
- Using Terraform customized infrastructure in AWS by configuring various AWS resources.
- Configured Terraform with Teamcity to automate builds and environment deployments.
- Created and maintained various DevOps related tools for the teams such as provisioning scripts, deployment tools and staged virtual environments using Docker and Vagrant.
- Experience in installing and configuring of OpenShift platform in managing Docker containers and Kubernetes Clusters.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes on multiple cloud providers, from helping developers build and containerize their application (CI/CD) to deploying either on public or private cloud.
- DevOps Practice for Micro Services using Kubernetes as Orchestrator.
- Created templates and wrote Shell scripts (Bash), Ruby, Python and PowerShell for automating tasks.
- Good knowledge and hands on Experience in monitoring tools like Splunk, Nagios.
- Knowledge of using Routed Protocols as FTP, SSH, HTTP, TCP/IP, HTTPS, DNS, VPN’S and Firewall Groups.
- Complete application builds for Web Applications, Web Services, Windows Services, Console Applications, and Client GUI applications.
- Experienced in troubleshooting and automated deployment to web and application servers like WebSphere, WebLogic, JBOSS and Tomcat.
- Exposed to all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) such as Analysis, Planning, Developing, Testing, Implementing and Post-production analysis of the projects.
- Experienced in uDeploy to Integrate with multiple build systems and to provide an application model handling multiple project.
- Hands on experience with integrating Rest API’s to cloud environment to access resources.
- Excellent communicative, interpersonal, intuitive, analysis and leadership skills with ability to work efficiently in both independent and team work environments.
Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux, Windows, Solaris, CentOS 6.0.
Cloud Technologies: AWS, OpenStack (basic understanding), Azure.
Virtualization Platforms: VMWare, Virtual Box, Vagrant.
Configuration management Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes.
CI, Test & Build Systems: ANT, MAVEN, Hudson/Jenkins, BAMBOO, and Code Deploy.
Application/Web Servers: Apache Tomcat, WebSphere, JBoss.
Scripting Languages: Python, Bash, Perl, Ruby, Shell.
Languages: C, C++, XML, Java/J2EE.
AWS Services: EC2, ELB, VPC, RDS, IAM, Cloud formation, S3, Cloud watch, Cloud trial, SNS, SQS, SWF, EBS, Route 53, lambda.
Repository Manager: Nexus, Artifactory.
Databases: MySQL, MS SQL.
Version Control Software: Subversion (SVN), GIT, GIT Hub.
Ticketing Tools: Atlassian JIRA, REMEDY.
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Environment: Aws, Git, Maven, Jenkins, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Nagios, Splunk, Linux, Shell, Python, GitHub, SVN, uDeploy, MySQL, Lambda.
- Involved in designing and deploying multitude applications utilizing almost all the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto- scaling in AWS Cloud Formation.
- Storage on AWS EBS, S3, Glacier and automate sync data to Glacier and Databases services on AWS like RDS, Dynamo DB, Elastic Transcoder.
- Involved implementing Big Data ETL streaming pipeline to migrate transactional data to AWS Cloud using AWS Kinesis Event Streaming Platform, Streamsets, AWS EMR.
- Configuring Elastic Beanstalk for developers to quickly deploy application for testing and pushing developed code for testing.
- Used Kinesis as a data streaming to get the timely insights of the data stored on the cloud.
- Created VPC, Internet Gateway, subnets and route tables using Amazon VPC Service.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create customized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Enabled streams and created Lambda function on AWS to trigger changes made in DynamoDB .
- Designing and implementing CI (Continuous Integration) system: configuring Jenkins servers, Jenkins nodes, creating required scripts (Perl & Python), and creating/configuring VMs (Windows/Linux).
- Used Jenkins for continuous integration and Jenkins Master Slave Architecture to run Jenkins build in remote RHEL servers .
- Performed the automation deployments using AWS by creating the IAM roles and policies and used the code pipeline plugin to integrate Jenkins with AWS and created the EC2 instances to provide the virtual servers.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks and has Integrated using Jenkins.
- Used Ansible playbooks to automate, monitor and deploy the servers.
- Deployed with one-click through Terraform and maintained through various Ansible scripts.
- Installed, monitored, and configured Applications in Apache Tomcat Server and establish connectivity to databases and troubleshoot issues on the fly.
- Configured GIT with Jenkins and schedule jobs using POLL SCM option.
- Using Jenkins AWS Code Deploy plugin to deploy.
- Installed and configured Infrastructure Automation tool Ansible.
- Used numerous services of AWS for infrastructure, EC2 as virtual servers to host Git, Jenkins, and configuration management tool like Ansible. Converted slow and manual procedures to dynamic API generated procedures.
- Designed distributed private cloud system solution using Kubernetes on CoreOS.
- Accelerated system Build and test deployments using Kubernetes and Docker technologies by creating multiple light weight instances of applications.
- Experience with running Docker containers in a commercial / production environment.
- Designed and Implemented a Microservices container CICD solution within AWS leveraging Jenkins, GitLabs, Docker, Ansible and Kubernetes
- Used marathon as a container orchestrator for Mesos DC/OS for high availability of docker containers.
- Wrote Python scripts for pushing data from MySQL Database to DynamoDB.
- Engineering experience with web and application servers such as Tomcat, Node.js, WebSphere.
- Experience with load balancing and web content acceleration.
- Excellent understanding of HTTP, HTTPS, TCP/IP, and other web protocols.
- Experience in DevOps tools like JIRA, Jenkins, Maven, Jfrog Artifactory and Gradle.
- Integrated ANT with Jenkins to automate the build process as part of continuous delivery.
- Deploying and configuring Splunk forwarders on application servers and creating advance alerts, dashboards, reports.
- Worked on user administration setup, maintaining account, and system performance using Nagios.
- Installation and configuration of ELK stack (Log Management tool) in Docker swarm mode.
- Resolved update, merge and password authentication issues in Bamboo and JIRA.
- Used Apache Spark for data processing in the API development environment for SQL workloads to for fast data iteration.
- Experience in Agile Methodology and Agile Engineering practices like TDD, Continuous Integration and continuous Deployment.
- Responsible for all aspects of the Software Configuration Management (SCM) process including Code Compilation, Packaging, Deployment, Release Methodology and Application Configurations.
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
Environment: CI/CD, AWS, Jenkins, Chef, Docker, Apache, Python, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SVN, ANT, putty, Bash, Linux, Kinesis, Apache Spark, Ruby, Lambda.
- Deploying, planning, monitoring, and maintenance of Amazon AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, SNS, SQS and IAM) and virtual machines as required in the environment.
- Migrated transactional data from to AWS Cloud using Kinesis Event Streaming Platform, Streamsets, AWS EMR, Elastic Search Engine for Business Intelligence/Analytics & Reporting purposes.
- Leveraged AWS cloud services such as EC2, Auto scaling, and VPC (Virtual Private Cloud) to build secure, highly scalable, and flexible systems that handled expected and unexpected load bursts.
- Experience in using Amazon Guard Duty to monitor Security and Threats for different services.
- Used Direct connect to migrate on-premises data center to AWS.
- Created or converted existing logging system to utilize CloudWatch logging with auto-generated Lambdas .
- Developed automation framework for Application Deployments to the cloud environments.
- Worked on Managing the Private Cloud Environment using Chef.
- Assign Roles, manage Users and groups and assign policies using AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM).
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers (ELB) with EC2 Auto scaling groups. Created monitors, alarms, and notifications for EC2 hosts using CloudWatch.
- Worked with Docker and Kubernetes on multiple cloud providers, from helping developers build and containerize their application (CI/CD) for deploying either on public or private cloud .
- Experience in setting up the Chef repo , Chef work stations and Chef nodes .
- Experience with setting up Chef Infra, bootstrapping nodes, creating, and uploading Chef recipes, Chef node convergence in Chef SCM .
- Involved in Configuring, monitoring and multi-platform servers by defining Chef server from workstation to manage and configure Chef nodes.
- Test Chef Cookbook modifications on cloud instances in AWS and using Test Kitchen and Chef Spec .
- Work in DevOps group, automated and maintained the software build process using release automation tool Jenkins in a docker container with EC2 slaves in Amazon AWS cloud configuration
- Performed automation tasks on various Docker components like Docker Engine, Docker Machine, and Docker Registry.
- Building docker containers and managing docker services with docker machine on a docker swarm node with docker swarm manager.
- Used Kubernetes to provide a platform for automating deployment, scaling, and operations of application containers across clusters of hosts.
- Developed microservices onboarding tools leveraging Python and Jenkins allowing for easy creation and maintenance of build jobs and Kubernetes deploy and services.
- Configured OpenShift pipeline with different stages for better visualization of the entire CI-CD process.
- Use of Docker, Kubernetes and OpenShift to manage micro services for development of continuous integration and continuous delivery .
- Implemented new build and shell scripts as per requirements.
- Wrote scripts to execute and support deployment activities, using Power Shell.
- Wrote Python modules to extract/load data from MYSQL source database.
- Developed views and templates with Python and Django view controller and templating language to create a user-friendly website interface.
- Experience in managing large-scale, geographically-distributed database systems, including relational ( SQL server ) and NoSQL ( MongoDB , Cassandra ) systems.
- Designed and developed effective mechanism to automate existing processes using PostgreSQL.
- Worked on cloud infrastructure maintenance effort using of Jenkins , Chef and Terraform for automating CICD pipeline in AWS.
- Configure and deploy several hypervisors and VMs running OpenStack for DevOps, testing and production environments.
- Developing and maintaining the build environment, the source code control system and managing build packages using TFS .
- Configuration of Apache/IIS, WebSphere, Tomcat, ANT.
- Converted all Cloud Formation template to Terraform for infrastructure as code.
- Knowledge on apache spark and kinesis which are used for data streaming.
- Hands on experience with log integration tool like Splunk .
Build and Release Engineer
Environment: Perl Scripting, Shell Scripting, JENKINS, Linux, SVN, GIT, Tomcat, WebSphere, Scrum, Python, MAVEN, Ant, Nexus, Active Directory, LDAP.
- Build and Maintain Source Code Version Repository that facilitates application development practices throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Manage installer releases for Client-Server based tablet supported on all Windows and Linux Environments.
- Experience in installing, configuring Web agents, Active Directory server (LDAP) and various Web & Application servers.
- Using Linux, monitored the LDAP servers which stored all user information and application information, and used for replication from the multi-master servers.
- Installed JIRA and confluence on Tomcat server .
- Experience in Software Configuration Management, Build, Release Management using TFS, Subversion, GIT .
- Worked on improving the TFS security and maintainability.
- Created and managed CI/CD pipeline for java web applications (maven builds) using Jenkins.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Deployed Java applications into web application servers like WebLogic.
- Established Version Controlled Software deployment for clients and Servers using Git.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Managed merging, branch creation and tagging for Git based code repository.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in JENKINS to move from one environment to other environments.
- Used ANT and MAVEN as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Performed exploratory testing to expose defects/issues not discovered with unit tests or automated testing.
- Work with application development and operation teams using a variety of automated testing and build, and deploy tools (MAVEN, Ant) to resolve issues with transition to new DevOps solution.
- Participated in the release cycle of the product which involved environments like Development, INT, QA, UAT and Production.
- Performed Web Logic Server administration tasks such as installing, configuring, monitoring and performance tuning on Linux Environment.
- Created scripts for system administration using BASH and Python.
- Created and maintained the Shell/Perl deployment scripts for Web Logic web application servers.
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Worked on Puppet as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploy critical applications, and proactively manage change.
- Experience in managing virtual instances using Puppet.
- Used JIRA to track issues and Change Management.
- Experience in designing, building, and maintaining an automated build and release environment.
Linux System Administrator
Environment: Subversion, GIT, ANT, MAVEN, JIRA, LINUX(RHEL-7), XML, Windows XP, Windows Server, Web logic, MY SQL, Nagios.
- Experience in Linux Administration (Installation, Configuration, Tuning and Upgrades) of Linux (Red Hat).
- Escalating named customer cases to development for fixes to be included in patches and the next release of Red Hat Enterprise Linux .
- Configured all the Linux systems to write log data to a centralized syslog server.
- Started moving select clients from older RHEL5 -based hosts to RHEL 7 -based hosts.
- Automated the installation, deployment, and maintenance of Middleware Application Servers to RHEL Development and Test Environments on VMware Esx.
- Support physical and virtual servers running on RedHat and CentOS .
- Hands-on experience in diagnosing, troubleshooting various networking, hardware and Linux server's services issues and performing preventive maintenance
- Created Bash scripts to monitor system resources and system maintenance and performed administrative tasks such as System startup/shutdown and Backup strategy.
- Experience in creating automated administrative tasks using cron, managing System Logs (using syslog) and responding at day-to-day users' trouble tickets.
- Experience with Oracle and MS SQL Server DB Tasks (DML, DDL Executions, Log Rotations, Table space alterations, user management).
- Used Apache Tomcat as application server for deploying the artifacts.
- Involved in creation and configuration of Domains, JVM instances in production, QA and UAT environments.
- Provided periodic feedback of status and scheduling issues to the management.
- Responsible for the building and deploying the artifacts into DEV, INT, and QA Environments.
- Built monitoring system and custom scripts to monitor Linux systems, network devices, load balancers .
- Created Subversion configuration record for builds using derived objects generated during build audit process.
- Maintain JIRA ticketing system queue and document change activities to update requesters.
- Used Nagios to monitor systems/services.