- Around 3 years of comprehensive experience in the areas of DevOps , AWS and Linux Administration.
- Designing and deploying a multitude of applications utilizing almost all of the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM ) focusing on high - availability, fault tolerance, and auto scaling in AWS Cloud formation.
- Experience working with AWS LAMBDA which runs the code with response of events.
- Good in Manage hosting plans for Azure Infrastructure, implementing & deploying workloads on Azure virtual machines (VMs), Design and implement VM storage & good understanding on Implementing images/disks.
- Managed On-premise OS, Applications, Services, Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2, S3, Route53 and ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Experience in creating S3 buckets and managed policies for S3 buckets and utilized S3 Buckets and Glacier for storage, backup and archived in AWS .
- Experience in setting up Chef Infra, Bootstrapping Nodes, creating and uploading recipes, Node convergence in Chef SCM and worked with data bags, attributes, cookbooks, recipes and templates in Chef.
- Experience in writing Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python and run Ansible Scripts to provision Dev servers.
- Implemented Puppet Agent Based and Agentless Configurations, Puppet dashboards, collective with active mq server, plugin-sync, stored configs, Hiera .
- Experience in using containerization tools like Docker for deployment and build web applications, those can run consistently across any machine, have knowledge on containerization orchestration using Kubernetes
- Experience in CI (Continuous Integration) and CD (Continuous Deployment) methodologies with Jenkins. Responsible for merging, tagging and conflict resolution in GIT
- Used NAGIOS Tool for monitoring the network and used JIRA to track issues and Change Management.
- Expertise in creating DevOps strategy in a mix environment of Linux (RHEL, CENTOS, UBUNTU).
Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux, Windows, Solaris, Ubuntu
Containerization Tools: Docker, Kubernetes
Virtualization Platforms: Virtual Box, Vagrant, VMware
Configuration management: Chef, Puppet, Ansible
CI and Build Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo, ANT, Maven
Application/Web Servers: Oracle WebLogic Server 11g, Apache Tomcat, Oracle Application Server.
Scripting & Programming Languages: Bash, Perl, Ruby, Shell, Python, HTML, PHP, Java/J2EE, .Net, Groovy, JSON, Node.js, PowerShell.
Cloud platforms: AWS, Azure
Logging & Monitoring Tools: Splunk, ELK, Nagios
Databases: Oracle 10g/11g, Mongo DB, MySQL
Version Controls: Subversion, Git, GitHub
Networking: LDAP, DNS, FTP, DHCP, SSH, TCP/IP, NFS
Issue Tracking Tools: Jira, Remedy, Clear Quest
Cloud & DevOps Engineer
- Implemented AWS solutions managed and created monitors, alarms, and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch, created multi AZ VPC instances, configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 Auto scaling groups.
- Strong experience with installing and configuring ELK, and BEATS on bare metal and clouds (VMWare, Open stack)
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers (ELB) with EC2 Auto scaling groups. Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch. Used Direct connect to migrate on-premises data center to AWS
- Deployed and hosted the application on AWS using Ops Works, automated single click deployment onto AWS using Chef.
- Automated the cloud deployments using chef , python boto & fabric and AWS Cloud Formation Templates .
- Managed Ansible playbooks managing existing servers and automation of build/configuration of new servers.
- Worked with continuous integration/continuous delivery using tools such as Jenkins and GIT . created workflows in Jenkins and Worked on the CI-CD model setup Using Jenkins.
- Installed Jenkins Plugins for GIT Repository, Setup SCM Polling for Immediate Build with Maven and Maven Repository (Nexus).
- Written shell /bash scripts to automate the administrative tasks using Cron jobs and managing them in repository using GIT.
- Using Routed Protocols like FTP, SFTP, SSH, HTTP, HTTPS and Direct connect .
- Worked on variety of Linux platforms Red Hat Linux , Ubuntu , Solaris which includes installation, configuring and maintenance of applications on this environment.
Environment: AWS, S3, EBS, Elastic Load balancer (ELB), Auto Scaling groups, VPC, IAM, Cloud Watch, Glacier, Dynamo DB, shell scripts, GIT, Docker, Maven, Jenkins, Puppet, Python, Apache Tomcat6.x/7.x, Windows and Linux environment.
Confidential, Portland, OR
- Deployed NodeJS web applications into Elastic Beanstalk Environment.
- Used NodeJS code in AWS Lambda Functions.
- Design roles and groups using AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM).
- Helped migrating and managing multiple applications from on premise to cloud using AWS services like S3,Glacier, EC2, RDS, SQS, SNS, SES.
- Managing with Custom AMI's, created AMI tags and modified AMI permissions.
- Setting up scalability for application servers using command line interface for setting up and administering DNS systems in AWS using Route53, managing users and groups sing the amazon identity and access management.
- Created S3 buckets for EC2 instances to store all the content including HTML pages, images, CSS files and Java script files.
- Configured, supported and maintained all network, firewall, storage, load balancers, operating systems, and software in AWS EC2 and Created detailed AWS Security groups which behaved as virtual firewalls that controlled the traffic allowed reaching one or more AWS EC2 instances.
- Managing multiple AWS instances, assigning the security groups, Elastic Load Balancer and AMIs.
- Auto scaling the instances to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly reliable systems.
- Provided production support by debugging system issues.
- Configured S3 lifecycle of Applications & Databases logs, including deleting old logs, archiving logs basedon retention policy of Apps and Databases.
- Configured and managed AWS Glacier, to move old data to archives based on retention policy of databases/applications.
- Configured custom metrics for the AWS Cloud Watch for detailed monitoring.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Maven & Nexus in Linux environment.
- Using Amazon Route53 to manage public and private hosted zones.
Environment: Amazon Web Services (AWS) EC2, Route 53, S3, VPC, IAM, Cloud Watch Alarms, Cloud Formation, SNS, SES, SQS, Git, GitHub, Jenkins, Maven, NodeJS.
- Developed Chef Cookbooks, Recipes, Resources and Run lists, Managed Chef client nodes, and uploaded cookbooks to chef - server using Workstation.
- Actively involved in architecture of DevOps platform and cloud solutions.
- Setup from scratch Continuous Integration (CI) environments ( Jenkins on ec2 over vpc) complete with automated unit testing and Code Coverage tools.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins for continuous integration for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Performed CI with Jenkins, Bamboo, JIRA, JMeter, Junit and Crucible for DevOps automation.
- Build scripts using MAVEN build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Managed central repositories and Implemented GIT to host GIT central repositories for source code across products, facilitate code reviews and login audits for Security Compliance. Designed and maintained GIT repositories, creating branches, tagging and merging.
- Implemented Python Scripts using stranded libraries for getting all the agent logs (Inventory, Remote connections, Network usage and performance counters) from the flavors of LINUX.
- Installing, managing, troubleshooting, securing, configuring and tuning critical servers on Linux platforms.
- Responsible for Installation, Configuration Management, Maintenance and Systems Development of RedHat Linux, Linux / UNIX Systems.
- Planning and Implementing Server establishments and Virtual server arrangements. Linux OEL 6.4. ILO setup and establishment and Patching . Building programming bundles on Red Hat Linux ( RPM )
Environment: Shell scripts, GIT, Docker, Maven, Jenkins, Puppet, Python, Apache Tomcat6.x/7.x, Windows and Linux environment.
- As a Linux/Unix system admin maintained various servers for Production Support of various applications in Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and Windows environment.
- Experienced in configuration and maintenance of common Linux services such as Tomcat, Apache, MySQL, NFS, FTP, Postfix, LDAP , DHCP , DNS and BIND , HTTP , HTTPS , route tables and firewall etc.
- Strong understanding in writing the automation of processes using the shell script with bash and Python
- Building servers with jumpstart using Kickstart, CD on timely basis, along with corporate wide requirements
- Administering local and remote servers on daily basis, troubleshooting and correcting errors.
- Experienced with inter networking using TCP/IP and resolving network connectivity using tools like dig, nslookup, ping.
- Monitoring of web servers and other services using Nagios monitoring tool.
- Involving and partitioning formatting disks and in filesystem management as Software RAID, LVM and VxVM.
- Installing and configuring various servers as Apache web server, HTTP server, Samba.
- Experience in RHEL Provisioning, Upgrades, Patching, Configuration and Performance Tuning in Linux environment using satellite server.
- Installed and configured numerous services like DNS, LDAP, DHCP, RPM, Send mail, Apache Web Server, Web Logic, NIS, SSH, Tomcat, Telnet, HTTP, HACMP, GPFS, SSL, NetApp, RPM Package Management and others.
- Debugged network connectivity issues and involved in trouble shooting activities with commands ping, trace route, tcp dump, nslookup, netstat, iostat, top.
Environment: Linux (RHEL 5.x/6.x), Solaris 9/10/11, Unix, Windows, Apache Tomcat, Kick Start, RAID, WebSphere, Jenkins, SQL, Hudson, Agile, WebLogic, Subversion, Samba, NFS, FTP, Web Logic, Nagios, Chef, MySQL, Postfix, LDAP, DHCP, DNS, BIND, HTTP, HTTPS, SSH.