Have extensive experience in IIS Web Application Server administration, System Administration / Integration of Windows, Unix & Middleware, Help Desk support, Troubleshooting, Cross network platforms and evaluation of various software and hardware products. Ability to work well in cross - functional teams and meet deadlines. Possess a strong knowledge of Microsoft platform, tools and technologies, as they pertain to web and middleware environments and strong fundamental strengths in networking, operating systems, tools and layered products, along with focus on methodology-driven development processes.
HIGHLIGHTS OF IT SKILLS:
- IIS / Web Administration & Support
- Application & System Administration
- System Integration & Support
- Middleware Integration & Support
- WebSphere Support
- Unix, Citrix & VMware support
- Multi: Platform Networking
- Technical Support (Server / User / PC)
- Hands on experience with VMware
- Scripting (Batch/Shell/PowerShell)
- DR / SLA / Backup & Recovery
- Migrations / Upgrades
- Build & Release Management
- SDLC management
- Project Management
- Technical Analysis & Documentation
- Training & Mentoring.
- Familiarity with Database / Tools
Operating Systems: Windows (2008/2003/2000/7/ Vista/XP), AIX, Linux, Sun Solaris, Novell, UNIX SVR4/MK, OS/2 Warp, SCO XENIX / UNIX, OS/2, Confidential Mac, DOS
Web: IIS (7.5/6.0/5.1), .Net framework (3.5/2.0), MTS/COM+/.NET, Front Page Extensions, AWS Cloud, WebSphere, SharePoint, Apache, PWS, MS Small Business Server, JRun Server, Business Objects, Project Central Server, Index Server, Fax Server, Confidential HTTP server (HIS)
DB Tools: Oracle, Oracle Client, Toad, SQL Plus, MS SQL
W eb Skills: HTML/XML/CSS/DHTML, Front Page, Dream Weaver, MS Liquid Motion, MS Vizact 2000.
Graphics: Snag it, MS Visio, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe ImageStyler, Ulead Photo Impact, MS Photo Draw 2, Macromedia Fireworks, GIF Animator
Others: Citrix, CPWerx/iSales, MQ, Skype, Putty, Java/JRE, SOAP, Remedy, SSO (Okta/Light House/SiteMinder), Virtual Desktop (Windows Virtual PC/VMware/Parallel desktop/Oracle VM Virtual box), Source Safe (Visual Source Safe/ClearCase/MKS Source Integrity),TAM (Tivoli Access Manager), TWS, Quality Center, .NET Framework, MS Office, MS Project, Adobe Acrobat, Rational Rose, Rational Software Architect (RSA), Confidential Rational Team Concert (RTC), Confidential Data Studio client, DB2 client,, Drive Image, Partition Magic, System Commander, Norton (Anti Virus, Ghost, Utilities, WinFax, PCAnyWhere), IP Sentry, Remotely Possible/32, NetMeeting, MS Office, DameWare Tool, Tibco (RV/Hawk), Authorization NT, Topaz, ArcServe, Veritas Backup Exec, SiteServer, Web Trends, Perl, Jboss, Exceed, WSFTP, iPlanet, Visual Basic for Application, Batch / VB Scripts, DOS Batch, Unix Shell scripts, Automation scripts.
Hardware: Intel, Sun Sparc, Open Parallel Unisys Server (OPUS), Hubs/Switches, Routers, DSU/CSU, Printers
Network: Cisco / Citrix Load Balancer, LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, WINS, POP3, SMTP, NETBEUI, SFTP, Telnet, Firewall, RAS, VPN, PPP/PPTP, SSL, HTTP/HTTPS, Secure Shell/SSH
Systems Management Specialist / Web Application Server Administrator
- Administration of IIS Servers (Windows 2000/2003/2008 ) that host the iSales CRM application.
- Installation of .Net (2.0/3.5) application, CPiSales layered services, middleware on all the servers.
- Technical support to resolve issues with web servers & end user issues with IE, Java & iSales.
- Involved in infrastructure setup, deployment, maintenance, scalability & performance tuning.
- Involved in Web server migrations from Windows and Windows .
- Maintained service level agreements (SLA) & Participated in RCA activities.
- Developed document support procedures for associated infrastructure.
- Simulated customer problems on Support server to facilitate problem resolution.
- Interacted with vendor to isolate bugs and improve stability of the application layer.
- Involved in weekly change meetings and provided support 24/7.
- Deployed & Supported iSales releases in Production and non-Production environments.
- Strong understanding of Windows Servers, load balancers & general networking concepts
- Maintain Technical documents outlining installation/configuration/Troubleshooting of Application & build servers.
- Developed & Managed IIS Technical website and Business SharePoint websites for Trade Systems group.
- Involved in on-site and off-shore coordination and support & data center migration project.
- Worked with networking, security, development & release management teams to coordinate changes into production
- Currently involved in discussion for migrating IIS web applications to AWS cloud.
- Collaborate with Infrastructure and Application Development teams to ensure optimal performance of websites
- Involved in Windows 2003/2008 upgrades, JRE Migration, RAC (Real Application Cluster) database migration, Single Sign On (SSO) implementation, Data center migration, Change Management tasks, Windows7/XP support, SharePoint Website Design/Support & Disaster Recovery (DR) support.
- Involved CRM application deployment through release stages: Staging, UAT and Production.
- Responsible for implementing repeatable build processes specific to corporate culture.
- Administration & maintenance of the primary & backup build servers.
- Maintain Build servers, scripts and manage the automated Builds and associated processes.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining batch files.
- Coordinate with Release Management to manage environments for developing, testing & releasing builds.
- Involved in building installation scripts, daily builds, integration, testing and status reports.
- Responsible for producing & releasing builds of RM application for testing in QA and Production.
- Document build process and deployment through Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Work with existing tools and enhance them as needed to support build/release management.
- Document detailed build configuration, build procedures, and change history for releases.
Confidential, Boston, MA
- As a member of the Web Architecture & Infrastructure team at Fidelity Management Research Company (FMRCO) supported more than 70 NT/W2K web servers & 400+ Internet / Intranet & DMZ websites.
- Supported multiple environments within the asset management technologies area geared to providing infrastructure and technology solutions for investment professionals.
- Identified and implemented engineering best practices, working with vendors and the development community and provided guidelines for application and systems integration, and a stable operating environment.
- Achieved a consistent template driven engineering approach, and successfully undertook the documentation of key products and platforms deployed in the shared environment
- Managed all tactical planning & day-to-day administration, customization, problem determination, performance management & monitoring of web servers including IIS, JRun, Web sphere & Business Object Application server.
- Processed installation & support requests for 400+ Internet/Intranet & DMZ web sites with on-time record of 99.99%
- Engineered new products and upgrades and documented the installation & upgrade procedure, hardware/build requirements, optimal configuration, trouble shooting methods etc., which enabled quick roll-out of new products.
- Standardized documentation process & maintained engineering document that includes installation, configuration, troubleshooting techniques, release notes, Training requirements, support, maintenance & administration procedures.
- Worked with teams to establish & apply standards in keeping with the organization’s policy, by reducing errors.
Confidential, West Chester, PA
Web Systems Administrator
- Instrumental in the design, development and implementation of corporate websites (Web Server management, web site design and production, HTML authoring, content & Graphics design, creation & updating web sites)
- Played a major role in System integration and administration of 70 NT/2000 servers, 2 Novell servers, Linux servers, Internet/Intranet servers, FTP and RAS servers and help desk support for Windows 95/98/NT/2000 systems.
Confidential, Boston, MA
Web Systems Administrator
- Administered corporate NT, OS/2, WWW web and post office email servers, help desk support for Windows 95/NT workstations and designed and published web pages.
- Provided second tier on-call support to resolve operations problems for established systems and first tier on-call support to resolve operations problems for newly deployed systems.
- Conducted the installation and configuration of server and storage hardware and software as necessary to support operating systems, applications, and databases in a distributed computing environment.
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Evaluated, integrated & administered the systems for Messaging Enterprise Manager (NMEM).
- Installed and administered Lotus Notes Servers, OS/2 Warp Servers, SUN Sparc Servers, OPUS (Open Parallel Unisys server) and also installed and configured Oracle and Sybase software on SUN Sparc & OPUS.
- Developed shell scripts to automate the Unix/Sun Solaris server environment.