- Fast - paced software professional with 10+ years of experience in IT industry comprising of Linux System Administration, DevOps Engineering, and in automating, building, releasing of code from one environment to other environment and deploying to servers. Extensive experience includes SCM, AWS, DevOps, Build/Release Management and Cloud Management and Containerization.
- Expertise in creating DevOps strategy in a various distribution of LINUX and Windows alongside using DevOps tools suites like Subversion (SVN), GIT, ANT, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, Nexus, Artifactory, Nagios and Splunk in traditional environments, as well as cloud environment like AWS and Azure.
- Experience in designing and deploying AWS Solutions using EC2, S3, VPC, Auto-Scaling, EBS, SNS, SQS, Route 53, Elastic Load balancer (ELB), Auto scaling, Lambda, Elastic search , OPS Work, Security Groups Container services ECS, Log stash, Kibana, Influx DB, Grafana, worked at optimizing volumes and EC2 instances and created multiple VPC instances.
- Experiencing in google cloud platform API’s like compute engine instance to run on public and custom images and familiar with other services cloud functions, kubernetes engine, VPC Network.
- Experienced in working on DevOps operations process and tools area ( Code review , Unit test automation , Build & Release automation environment, service, Incident and Change Management ).
- Experience in working on source controller tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN).
- Expertise in using builds tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as war & jar from source code.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins for continuous integration and End to End automation, such as Creating and Configuring Jobs, plugin Management .
- Managed artifacts generated by Jenkins and involved in creating deployment, build scripts and automated solutions using Ruby and Python.
- Production experience in large environments using configuration management tools Ansible, Chef.
- Hands-on experience writing Ansible playbooks to deploy services to servers.
- Created and Maintained Chef Recipes and cookbooks to simplify and expedite deployment of applications.
- Experience with container-based deployments using Docker, such as Docker images, Docker Hub and Docker registries. Also, clustering and managing containers using Kubernetes (K8’s).
- Experience in creating Docker Images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Strong experience with web/application servers like Apache Tomcat, Nginx, IIS, JBoss, IBM Web Sphere, Web Logic.
- Defined several Terraform (Code as a Service) modules such as compute, Network, Operations, Users to reuse in different environments.
- Writing automation scripts using Shell, Ruby and Python, Yaml.
- Maintaining and Monitoring the Application/Servers using Nagios, Elastic Stack, Splunk and CloudWatch .
Operating Systems: Linux (Red Hat 4/5/6/7, CENTOS 5/6/7& SUSE), Solaris 11/10/9/8, HP-UX 11.0, 11.11, 11.23, 11.31, IBM AIX (4.3/5.x/6.x/7.x), HPUX11i V1, V2 & V3, SLES 8, 9, 10, 11 & 12, Ubuntu 12/13/14, Windows NT / 2000/2003/2008/2010 , DEBIAN
Cloud Environments: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF).
Web Servers: Web Logic Application Server 9.x, 10.x, Apache Tomcat 5.x/7.x, Red Hat JBOSS 4.22.GA, WebSphere 6.x/7.x/8.x
SCM Tools: Git, Subversion SVN, TFS, CVS, Bitbucket, Perforce
CI/CD & Build Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, Anthill Pro, Hudson, Maven, ANT, Gradle.
Automation & container Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Kubernetes, Docker, Docker Swarm, Kickstart, Jumpstart, CloudFormation, Terraform.
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, Zabbix, CloudWatch, New relic, ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana), OSSEC
Networking/Protocol: TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, DHCP, Cisco Routers/Switches, WAN, SMTP, LAN, FTP/TFTP
Virtualization: VMware ESXI, Windows Hyper-V, Power VM, Virtual box, Citrix Xen, KVM, vCenter, vSphere.
Scripting: Perl, Python, YAML, Ruby, PHP, Bash Shell scripting, PowerShell, JSON.
Confidential, Detroit, MI
AWS Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Installed, deployed, and overhauled AWS Cloud-based servers and administrations as per Federal
- Benchmarks and task rules
- Built and Configured Linux Servers in AWS Cloud Environment
- Created and solidified an Amazon Machine Image (AMI) using Centre for Internet Security (CIS) benchmarks to be utilized.
- Updated the AMI with the most recent patches.
- Utilized AWS to set up Virtual Private Clouds (VPCs) for Management, Production and Testing conditions With Selenium.
- Client operational necessities and parameters (e.g., web portal, subnets, flexible IP, and Security Groups)
- Utilized different AWS Cloud Computing stages and its many measurements of versatility including yet not restricted to.
- VPC, EC2, ELB, IAM, SQS, S3, auto scaling models, utilizing EBS under high I/O necessities,
- Custom observing measurements/examination/cautions by means of Cloud Watch, the AWS CLI, to address customer's issues and venture prerequisites.
- Repair and recover from framework or application disappointments.
- Investigate and troubleshooting issues per request from different voting demographics.
- Maintain Cloud Services likely PaaS - SaaS - IaaS.
- Experience in branching, tagging and maintaining the versions across the Environments using
- SCM tools like GIT, and Subversion (SVN) on Linux.
- Installed and configured Jenkins Continuous Integration server with management of plugins and utilized several CI/CD plugins like AWS S3, build pipeline, Docker, GIT, Junit.
- Proficient with container systems like Docker and container orchestration like EC2 Container
- Service, Kubernetes, worked with Terraform.
- Managed Docker orchestration and Docker containerization using Kubernetes.
- Used Kubernetes to orchestrate the deployment, scaling and management of Docker Containers.
- Experienced in spreading, labelling and keeping up the variant over the situations utilizing SCM apparatus like GIT.
- Basically, we utilize Python for Boot Strapping purposes
Environment: Amazon Web Services, Java, Jenkins, Maven, Puppet, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, Nagios, Splunk, SQL, AWS, Python, Docker, Bash, Java/J2EE, Git, JIRA, Linux
Confidential, Durham, NC
AWS Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Experience as Cloud AWS Engineer project teams that involved different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases.
- Design of Cloud architectures for customers looking to migrate or develop new PaaS, IaaS, or hybrid solutions utilizing Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Installed, Configured and Maintained RedHat Linux (RedHat Enterprise Linux 5.x, 6.x& 7.x) on SPARC, x86 and Blade Centre’s.
- Converted and automated builds using Maven and Ant. Scheduled automated nightly builds using Jenkins.
- Implement systems that are highly available, scalable, and self-healing on the AWS platform.
- Created the AWS VPC network for the Installed Instances and configured the Security Groups and Elastic IP's accordingly.
- Worked with Windows Azure, Cloud Services, Storage/Storage, Accounts, Azure Traffic Manager.
- Built Resource groups in Microsoft Azure and restricted access to resource groups using role-based access controls.
- Involved in designing and deploying multitude applications utilizing almost all the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB,) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and Auto scaling in AWS Cloud Formation.
- Created Terraform templates for provisioning virtual networks , subnets , VM Scale sets, Load balancers and NAT rules and used Terraform graph to visualize execution plan using the graph command.
- Source code admin - Manage and configure GIT, resolve issue regarding source code management, manage branching and merging, code freeze process.
- Configuration Management using GIT and maintaining admin related files.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using Maven as build tool and automated the build and deploy processes using Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Code Coverage-Installed SONAR on Jenkins server and configure with the build process for the code analysis process for better code quality and code metrics, and rapid feedback for development teams and managers.
- Automate the code review process and published the results on Jenkins as well the graph by comparing everyday nightly builds.
- Responsible for delivering an end to end continuous integration - continuous delivery system for the products in an agile development approach using Ansible and Jenkins.
- Managed Ansible Playbooks with Ansible modules, implemented CD automation using Ansible, managing existing servers and automation of build/configuration of new servers.
- Implemented CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins, Ansible Playbooks and Ansible Tower.
- Worked with Docker and Kubernetes on multiple cloud providers, by helping developers build and containerize their application (CI/CD) to deploying either on public or private cloud.
- Deployed Kubernetes clusters and managed, scheduled container tasks on AWS infrastructure.
- Created Docker images using a Docker file. Worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes and experienced with Docker container service.
- Worked on containerizing OpenStack services in Docker using Ansible.
- Nodes/Agents, SSH, deployment in Agile methodology and testing.
- Managed nightly builds and releases to QA. Debugged build failures and worked with developers and QA personnel to resolve related issues.
- Implemented the Build automation process for all the assigned projects in Vertical Apps domain.
- Monitor the QA/Production Environments for any down time issues by performing regular C ron job updates in servers.
Environment: AWS (Amazon Web Services), Azure, Ansible, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, Microservices, Cloud Foundry, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, Ant, Maven, Subversion, SVN, GIT, Nexus, Jenkins, PERL, BASH, Solaris, UNIX, LINUX 5.x, 6.x& 7.x
Confidential, San Jose, CA
Sr. DevOps AWS Automation Engineer
- Comprehensive experience with AWS services like Amazon S3, RDS, EC2, Cloud Formation, Lambda, VPC, ELB, Glacier, Elastic Block Store, DynamoDB, Amazon RDS, Code Deploy, CloudWatch, Amazon IAM, SES, SQS, Security Groups and Route 53 in Agile environment.
- Tasks performed on performance tuning, capacity planning for AWS environments, monitoring, resource utilization and alerts using CloudWatch; implement hybrid architectures, routing private connections, peering and infrastructure zoning by VPC; CloudFormation templates to deploy infrastructure for environment creation; Code Pipeline to design and implement a CI/CD pipeline
- Working for DevOps Platform team responsible for specialization areas related to CHEF for Cloud Automation.
- Administration of RHEL 5,6,7 which includes installation, testing, tuning, upgrading and loading patches, troubleshooting on both Pseries and VMware virtualization systems
- Developed scripts using PERL, BASH and BATCH files for Automation of Activities and builds.
- Authored application using Spring Cloud services (spring version of Netflix OSS-Eureka, Circuit Breaker, and Ribbon).
- Deployed application using Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) CLI.
- Use of Docker to mange micro services for development and testing
- Written and developed CHEF Cookbooks from scratch for custom installation of application.
- Used CHEF for Continuous Delivery. Managed CI and CD process and delivered all application in rpms.
- Responsible for CI and CD using JENKINS, Maven and CHEF.
- Worked extensively with different Bug tracking tools like JIRA, Remedy
- Actively involved in architecture of DevOps platform and cloud solutions.
- Integration of Automated Build with Deployment Pipeline. Currently installed CHEF Server and clients to pick up the Build from JENKINS repository and deploy in Confidential environments (Integration, QA, and Production).
- Chef to aid with our deployment process, and migrating in house systems to Amazon Cloud Services.
- Using Chef and AWS allowed me to reduce costs for the department and eliminate unwarranted resources. Automated provisioning of cloud infrastructure with Chef.
- Replaced existing manual deployment and management processes with Chef and AWS Ops Works stacks across 4 product platforms
- Installed and support multiple databases and applications including Oracle, MySQL with WebLogic, JBOSS, Oracle and Apache Tomcat.
- Extensively involved in infrastructure as code, execution plans, resource graph and change automation using Terraform.
- Supported Continuous delivery strategy on monitoring applications in pre-production and production environment using AppDynamics.
- Developed environments of different applications on AWS by provisioning on EC2 instances using Docker, Bash and Terraform.
- Experience in writing and organizing Shell and Perl scripting for building complex software systems.
- Created branches, labels and performed merges in SVN and GIT.
- Used Jenkins innovatively to automate most of the build related tasks. Improved throughput and efficiency of build system by providing managers to trigger required build.
- Specialized in working closely with system engineers to resolve the issues and handled release process for over twenty-five applications which are at low and production phases with multiple deployment tools like Jenkins and Bamboo.
- Monitoring, analyzing, and responding to security events utilizing security event management and reporting tools.
- System performance monitoring, tuning and log management.
- TCP/IP Networking troubleshooting and Linux/Network Administration to identify the problems and resolve the issues.
- Worked closely with network/incident analysts and IC analysts to monitor current attack and threat information to identify.
- Apache web server maintenance, installation, configuration, managing web hosting including name-based, secure and private site, monitoring web server performance, certificate generate, security checks and periodic upgrades, manage user accounts, back up.
- Implemented Jira with Maven release plug-in for tracking bugs and defects.
- Implemented and maintained server virtualization using VMware, ESXI and Oracle Virtual Manager.
- Coordinated with application team in installation, configuration and troubleshoot issues with JBoss servers.
Environment: AWS (Amazon Web Services) Chef, Docker, Kubernetes, Microservices, VMware, Jenkins, Jira, Maven, Subversion, SVN, GIT, Nexus, Shell, PERL, BASH, Solaris, LINUX 5.x, 6.x& 7.x
- Participated in weekly release meetings with Technology stakeholders to identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the releases.
- Involved in all projects that move to production and work closely with the Data Canter, Development, Quality Assurance and Management teams to ensure cross communication and confirmed approval of all production changes.
- Developing puppet module for Automation using combination of Puppet Master, Git Enterprise, Open stack (Horizon), Vagrant and SimpleUI (Jenkins).
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into Subversion (SVN).
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Managed ANT project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between projects.
- Built CI/CD pipeline and managing the infrastructure as code.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Worked on the configuring the Jenkins to use MetaCase Software to build Java code and to do the whole C.I process on the java code generated by MetaCase.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet dashboard for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Manage deployment automation using Puppet, Hiera in Ruby.
- Built and Deployed Java/J2EE to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and automated the whole process.
- Created and maintained the Python deployment scripts for Tomcat web application servers.
- Developed Python and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Perform periodic system audits on all environments to ensure that only controlled versions of software reside all environments.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of processes and associated scripts/tools for automated build, testing and deployment of the products to various developments.
- Responsible for the Plugin Management, User Management, Build/Deploy Pipeline Setup and End-End Job Setup of all the projects.
- Used Jenkins as a continuous integration tool for automation of daily process.
- Installed, Configured and Managed Nexus Repository Manager and all the Repositories.
- Created the Release process of the artifacts.
- Used JIRA as ticket tracking, change management and Agile/SCRUM tool.
Environment: Git, Ant, Jenkins, Puppet, Maven, AWS, WebSphere, Confluence, Jira, Java, J2ee, Nexus Repository Manager, Python scripting, shell scripting, Ruby, Subversion.
Soft ware Configuration Engineer
- Responsible for day to day build and deployments in pre-production and production environments
- Configured Source Code Management tools with Bamboo and executed triggers in SVN.
- Wrote Puppet manifests for deploying, configuring, and managing collected for metric collection and monitoring to automate Configuration Management to the existing infrastructure.
- Managed Web Applications, Configuration Files, Data Base, Commands, Users using Puppet.
- Managed servers on the AWS platform instances using Puppet Configuration management.
- Automating the regular tasks in Subversion and streamlining the process of access to SVN.
- Configured and maintained Bamboo to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Maven to schedule the builds.
- Create, automate and manage the builds and responsible for continuous integration of builds using SVN, UNIX, Tomcat, IBM Message broker.
- Administered and Engineered Bamboo for managing weekly Build, Test and Deploy chain using SVN with Dev/ Test/Prod Branching Model for weekly releases.
- Deployed J2EE applications to Application servers in an agile continuous integration environment and automated the whole process. Build scripts using Maven in Bamboo to move from one environment to other environments
- Repository management in Maven to share snapshots and releases of internal projects using Nexus tool.
- Creating Private networks and sub-networks and bringing instances under them based on the requirement.
- Staged and Maintained UNIX (Solaris 8,9 &10, Red Hat Enterprise Linux4/5) on Sun Enterprise servers and Dell Servers.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Implemented and administrated of virtualization on Solaris 10 with zones and created containers using FSS.
- Worked on VMware for Virtual server builds, increasing memory, CPU, adding disks, Maintenance on ESX hosts VM and server/storage migrations.
- Installing and upgrading Virtual machine hardware version using VMware tools. Provisioning virtual machines and Deploying virtual machines from Templates by cloning. Creating and deleting of VM's snapshots.
- Use VMware vSphere Center Update Manager to apply patches to virtual machines and Virtual Private Networking (VPN) tools and techniques to maintain these VM's.
- Performed storage management with SAN/NAS and migrated the manual jobs to self-executing C ron jobs on Physical/Virtual Servers.
- Configured and managed Apache Web Server on Linux for web based applications using REST/SOAP, Apache and WebLogic.
- Installed and configured Solaris servers using Jumpstart, configured/maintained Zones, LDOMs, ZFS pools on Sun Solaris 10 Servers.
- Configured Nagios as a monitoring tool for disk usage, CPU utilization, list of open files etc. and sending alerts to our teams based on the same.
- Performed load balancing and failover I/O multipathing to render ability to set up multiple redundant paths for fiber attached storage area network (SAN).
- Installed, Maintained, Administered and troubleshooted Linux Enterprise Server, Sun Solaris 8,9 and Red hat 9, AS 3.0 servers on various hardware platforms that include Sun 4800, V480, 280R, 4500, 3500, Dell 6400, 2400, 1800 etc.
- Extensively worked on hard disk mirroring and stripe with parity using RAID controllers.
- Implemented a High Availability Cluster using 2 V480s, a T3 and Veritas Cluster Server 4.1.
- Provided day-to-day user administration like adding/deleting users and managing users’ queries in Red hat Linux.
- Involved in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plug-ins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
- Able to create scripts for system administration using BASH and Python .
Environment: Solaris 8/9/10, CentOS 4/5, SUSE Linux 10.1/10.3, Apache 2.2, JBOSS 4.2, Jumpstart, Puppet, Maven, Bamboo, SVN, MySQL, Veritas Cluster Servers, Solaris Volume Management, WebSphere 6.1, Python, Ruby, JIRA.
- Administration of Sun Servers (SPARC and x86) running Solaris 9, 10 and Dell, HP Servers running SUSE, Red hat EL 3, 4.x, 5, HP-UX, CentOS which included jumpstarting, performing live upgrades of Solaris operating systems and Kick starting Red hat EL 3, 4.x, 5z.
- Creation of VMs for SUSE, Solaris x86 and Red Hat Linux on VMware ESX 3.5 and administering them with VI Client.
- Implement, maintain and support reliable, timely and reproducible builds for project teams.
- Work with development/testing, deployment, systems/infrastructure and project teams to ensure continuous operation of build and test systems.
- Participated in the release cycle of the product which involves environments like Development, QA, UAT and Production.
- Coordinate with the Development, Database Administration, QA, and IT Operations teams to ensure there are no resource conflicts.
- Managing the code migration from TFS, CVS and Star team to Subversion repository.
- Created repositories according the structure required with branches, tags and trunks.
- Attended sprint planning sessions and daily sprint stand-up meetings.
- Configured application servers (JBOSS) to deploy the code.
- Configured plugins for the integration tools to the version control tools.
- Worked with the developers to configure plugins trough Eclipse to develop the code.
- For check in process used Tortoise SVN as a migration tool.
- Installation and configuration of Oracle 7.x/8.x.
- Implemented NFS, DNS and NIS under SUN.
- Performed the administration of the Domain Name Server and configuration of the Database Files.
- Wrote bash Shell Scripts for getting information about various Linux servers.
- Performed OS upgrades and Patch loading as and when required.
- Backing up and restoring files across the network.
- When required applied patches as per the release process.
- Managed and document all post deployment issues utilizing the Post Deployments Issue Log.
- Responsible for communicating next steps, deployment schedules, quality assurance, validation and defect tracking/ resolution.
- Performed volume management using VERITAS Foundation Suite 5, SVM and LVM and the creation of zfs, VxFS, UFS and ext3 file systems.
Environment: Red Hat Linux 3.x, 4, Sun Solaris server, NFS, LVM, RAID, Opsware, Crontab, Apache Tomcat.