- 6+ years of IT experience, Cloud Infrastructure management and Implementation - DevOps, Linux/Unix and VMWare administration, Build and Release management involving extensive work towards code compilation, packaging, building, and debugging, automating, managing, monitoring, tuning and deploying code across multiple/distributed environments.
- Worked on Cloud platform and its features that include EC2, VPC, EBS, ELB, S3, RDS, EBS, Cloud Watch and In-depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) processes, which include compiling, packaging, deploying and application configurations.
- Supported AWS Cloud environment with multiple AWS instances and configured Elastic IP & Elastic Storage and experience working on implemented security groups.
- Experience on various environments in software development life cycle(SDLC) windows, Linux/Unix system Administration, System Builds, Server Builds, Installations, Upgrades, Patches, Migration, Trouble shooting on RHEL, Ubuntu, SUSE and Centos.
- Experience writing Playbooks in Ansibles for patching, installing OS updates using RedHat Satellite Server application deployments on load balancers and Dev/Test/Prod environments.
- Configured and managed ansible tower and written playbooks to deploy applications through ansible tower.
- Worked in an agile development team to deliver an end to end continuous integration/continuous delivery product in an open source environment using tools like Jenkins, bamboo and automated deployments using configuration management such as chef puppet and ansible. Experienced in writing Chef Cookbooks and recipes in Ruby DSL.
- Worked with Scheduling, deploying and managing container replicas onto a node cluster using Kubernetes and worked with building Kubernetes run time environment of the CI/CD system to build, test and deploy in an open source platform. knowledge in migrating on premise to Windows Azure using Azure Site Recovery and Azure backups. Experience in Automating, Configuring and Deploying Instances on Azure environments and in Data centers.
- Worked on CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Hudson, team city and bamboo for automated build and deployments and configured various plugins like git repository manager, maven for java applications and MS build for .net applications and deployed the code using custom python modules.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins for continuous integration from pulling up the code from version control tools like GIT, SVN, CVS, IBM Clear Case and building Artifacts using build tools like Ant, Maven and Gradle.
- Worked on the environment provisioning tools like Docker, Vagrant and version control tools like GIT, Subversion, CVS and stored artifacts Nexus, JFROG and Artifactory.
- Experienced in building sophisticated and highly automated infrastructure using automation frameworks such as Cloud Formation, terraform and Ops Works.
- Experience working on Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, creating Docker images, compose, Docker registry and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Hands-on experience on installing and configuring of application services like Apache HTTPD, Tomcat, MySQL, nginx and write Automation scripts for configure nginx, Apache Tomcat, MySQL.
- Experience in LINUX performance monitoring, kernel tuning and Load balancing to ensure stable performance. Experience in working knowledge with Python and Ruby in writing scripts to automate software configuration process with Salt Stack, Chef and Puppet. Experience with CI (Continuous Integration) and CD (Continuous Deployment) methodologies using Jenkins/Hudson.
- Working experience with virtualization/cloud providers Vagrant, Open stack. Installed and configured VMWare VCenter, ESX and ESXi servers, provisioning, snapshots management, cloning and template creation, Updating VMware tools in all VMs periodically.
- Experience in writing various automation scripts to automate manual tasks, deploy applications, application build scripts/versioning etc. using many popular open source libraries with different languages like Shell, Ruby, and Perl based scripting.
- Written Shell Scripts (kasha, Bash), Python and Power Shell for setting up baselines, branching, merging and automation processes. Experience in administering and configuring NoSQL Databases like Cassandra, MongoDB and RDBMS like MySQL, DB2,.
- Good working knowledge on configuring and administrating of Linux servers like FTP, NTP, NFS, DNS, DHCP, SAMBA, APACHE web server, Squid Proxy, Send Mail and LDAP.
- Good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management ( SCM) in Agile, Scrum, and Waterfall methodologies.
Security: SAML, Oauth2, TLS/SSL
Operating Systems: Linux (RedHat, Cent OS, SUSE, Ubuntu), Windows Server 2003/2008/2012
Languages/scripts: C, Bash, Shell, Python
AWS: VPC, EC2, ELB, Lambda, RDS
Data Bases: MySQL, Oracle 10g/9i, DynamoDB, Aurora, MongoDB
Linux Servers: FTP, NFS, NIS, Samba, DNS, Squid, Send mail, DHCP and LDAP
Web Technologies: JSON, HTML, YAML
Configuration management: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Vagrant
CI/CD Tools: Jenkins, Maven, ANT, Gradle, Bamboo
Virtualization: VMWare, ESX Servers, Docker, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm
Versioning Tools: Git, SVN, GitLab
Monitoring Tools: Splunk, ELK, Nagios, Zabbix
DevOps / Infrastructure Engineer
- Experience in automating various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks and Integrating Ansible with Teamcity.
- Collected data from Azure Resources using Log Analytics and stored in the Azure storage and analyze the data to resolve issues, provided high availability for IaaS VMs and PaaS role instances for access from other services in the VNet with Azure Internal Load Balancer. Experienced on creating Azure VM , Cloud Services and Storages by using Azure Power-Shell Script.
- Involved on migrating SQL Server databases to SQL Azure Database using SQL Azure Migration Wizard. Deployed application to Azure Cloud.
- Worked on deployment automation of all the Microservices to pull image from the private docker registry and deploy to docker swarm cluster using Ansible.
- Implemented Infrastructure automation through Ansible for auto provisioning, code deployments, software installation and configuration updates.
- Created a system capable of creating Linux based application nodes whenever required with option to provision or switch to any environment like test or production.
- Responsible to Build, Continuous Integration, Source Code management, Merges, Application performance, Application management on production and development environment, logging, alerts, deployment, production releases and patches.
- Responsible for installation & configuration of Jenkins to support various Java builds and Jenkins plugins to automate continuous builds and publishing Docker images to the Nexus repository.
- Worked to setup Jenkins as a service inside the docker swarm cluster to reduce the failover downtime to minutes and to automate the docker containers deployment without using configuration management tool.
- Created Docker images using a Docker file, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes also deployed Docker Swarm.
- Performed day-to-day GIT/TeamCity support for different projects and Responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Configuring, automation and maintaining build and deployment CI/CD tools Git/GitLab, Jenkins , TeamCity, Docker registry/daemon, Nexus and Rally for Multi-Environment (Local/POC/NON-PROD/PROD) with high degrees of standardization for both infrastructure and application stack automation in cloud platform .
- Involved in phases of testing for example Integration testing, Smoke testing Performance testing and Load testing. We are also using inbuilt test cases in Jenkins and running those tests on master branch.
- Administration and maintenance of Docker runtime environment, Versioning and lifecycle management of Docker images, Experienced in Docker orchestration framework. Troubleshooting of Docker based applications.
- Disk Management using LVM, Volume Groups, user management, System performance tuning and troubleshooting, Managing and monitoring Systems, Hosts, Networks and Disk & File System management.
- Created and configured the continuous delivery pipelines for deploying micro services and lambda functions using Jenkins CI server. Installed and administered Artifactory repository to deploy the artifacts generated by Maven and to store the dependent jar used during the build.
- Configured Splunk to display alerts based on Application and system logs, Installed and Configured Nagios to monitor various Metrics during system stress testing.
- Managed and created deployments of all the archives inside WebSphere Application Server 8.5 and also clustered the application on Tomcat to create failover.
- Experience in RPM Package Administration for installing, upgrading, and checking dependencies. Reconfiguring RPM database using RPM Build and creating YUM repository in Red hat Linux
- Responsible for network performance, monitoring/analysis, proactive troubleshooting and capacity analysis of network and proposing improvements and design changes beneficial to the business.
- Experienced in creating Disk Partitions, Logical Volume Manager (LVM) and RAID Technologies on different File Systems like Ext2, Ext3, Ext4, XFS on various Linux Distributions and involved in creating Veritas volume manager on Solaris.
- Involved in installing, configuring and administration of Redhat Linux 4.x, 5.x, 6.x/7 servers by using Kickstart and Jump Start servers and supported various applications running on them.
Cloud / DevOps Engineer
- Installed and migrated VMware Vms to AWS and managed services including ELB, EC2, Elastic container services(ECS), Auto-scaling, S3, IAM, VPC, RDS, Cloud Trail, Cloud Watch, Elastic Cache, Lambda, SNS, Glacier, Cloud Formation, Storage Gateway, Code Commit, Code Deploy and Code Pipeline.
- Working on AWS Elastic load balancing for deploying applications in high availability and experience in working on cloud EC2, S3, RDS, Load Balancer, Auto Scaling with AWS command line interface and AWS python SDK.
- Worked on AWS IAM to do centralize management of users, security credentials like access keys, permissions which control AWS resource users and applications.
- Converted existing terraform modules that had version conflicts to utilize cloudformation during terraform deployments to enable more control or missing capabilities.
- In production environment, using terraform configured the AWS auto scaling policy resource and set the auto scaling group name parameter.
- Configured Ansible Control Machine and wrote Ansible Playbooks with Ansible roles. Used file module in Ansible playbook to copy and remove files on EC2 instances.
- Design and Implemented Ansible and used to manage web applications, Configuration files, Groups, Users; managing and configuring nodes with Ansible server & work station and used Ansible to orchestrate software updates and verify functionality.
- Developed Cloud Formation templates , also launched AWS Elastic Beanstalk for deploying, monitoring and scaling web applications using different platforms like Java, Docker, Python etc.
- Experienced in Branching, labeling and Analyzing and resolving conflicts related to merging of source code in GIT and implemented a continuous Integration and Delivery pipeline using Docker, Jenkins and GIT and used Jenkins pipeline plugin to analyze the Maven dependencies and the SCM changes.
- Worked to setup Jenkins as a service inside the docker swarm cluster to reduce the failover downtime to minutes and to automate the docker containers deployment without using configuration management tool.
- Migrated On-premise infrastructure to cloud platforms and involved in virtualization using (VMware, VMware ESX, Xen) and infrastructure orchestration using containerization technologies like Docker and Kubernetes .
- Experience in design micro services deployment using Docker and Kubernetes. Creating pods and managing on the cluster environment on Kubernetes.
- Developed CI/CD system with Jenkins on Google's Kubernetes container environment, utilizing kubernetes and Jenkins for the runtime environment for the CI/CD system to build and test and deploy.
- Configured additional docker slave nodes for Jenkins using custom images, pulled to elastic container registry, automated the process of pulling docker images to the private docker registry using microservices and deployed to docker swarm with Ansible.
- Integrated various Version control tools, build tools, nexus and deployment methodologies (scripting) into Jenkins to create an end to end orchestration build cycles.
- Created Docker images using a Docker file and worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images, Managing Docker volumes and worked on Docker swarm to deploy the containers into the cluster using Docker CLI.
- Deploying Docker containerization and files for different scenarios to manage infrastructure, create Docker file for each micro service and change some of the tomcat configuration file which is required to deploy Java based application to the Docker container.
- Migrated SVN, Git and Created the hooks in codehub for automated build and configured the Jenkins to kick off the builds for extracted the war file and deployed in the application to DEV server like apache tomcat, and OpenShift server.
- Handled installation, administration and configuration of ELK stack and performed Log Analysis. Performed Log analysis using ELK stack and created monitoring charts
- Managed SonarQube Nexus repositories to download the artifacts (jar, war & ear) during the build, Deployed the build artifacts into environments like QA, UAT and production according to the build life cycle.
Cloud /DevOps Engineer
- Configured VMs availability sets using Azure portal to provide resiliency for IaaS based solution and scale sets using Azure Resource Manager to manage network traffic.
- Designed User Defined Routes with custom route tables for specific cases to force tunneling to the Internet via on-premise network and control use of virtual appliances in the customer's Azure Environment.
- Developed web service using Windows Communication Foundation and .Net to receive and process XML files and deploy on Cloud Service on Microsoft Azure.
- Designed and configured Azure Virtual Networks (VNets), subnets, Azure network settings , DHCP address blocks, DNS settings, security policies and routing.
- Collaborated to development of main Web Application to provides invoicing emission services , Responsible of web application deployments over cloud services (web and worker roles) on Azure , using VS and PowerShell.
- Configuring and Networking of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) Written Cloud Formation templates and deployed AWS resources using it. Wrote manifest to install Docker EE, create a Docker swarm, set up UCP, DTR and create Docker infrastructure.
- Developed Shell, Python scripts as part of various Build Steps in the Jenkins to automate and streamline the pipeline, Integrated Jenkins with Chef server to automate the Knife commands execution from chef workstation.
- Containerize applications and services using Docker, CoreOS, and Virtualization technologies, implementing all necessary tooling to support the products and a utomated deployments, scaling, and operations of application containers across clusters of hosts, provided container-centric infrastructure by Kubernetes.
- Developed procedures to unify, streamline and automate application development and deployment procedures with Linux container technology using Docker.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds. Took the sole responsibility to maintain the CI Jenkins server.
- Administered and Engineered Jenkins for managing weekly Build, Test and Deploy chain as a CI/CD process, SVN/GIT with Dev/Test/Prod Branching Model for weekly releases.
- Installed Jenkins/Plugins for GIT Repository, Setup SCM Polling for Immediate Build with Maven and Maven Repository (Nexus Artifactory) and Deployed Apps using custom ruby modules through CI/CD Process.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labelling/naming conventions using Subversion (SVN) and Git source control.
- Implemented a (CI/CD) pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and Azure Container Service with SonarQube as a check point for developer’s code to get into the servers and get coverage reports and custom metrics.
- Used Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, ConfigMaps, selector, Services and deployed application containers as Pods.
- Development and version control of Chef Cookbooks , testing of Cookbooks using Food critic and Test Kitchen and running recipes on nodes managed by on premise Chef Server, maintained Chef servers including backup, monitoring, security fix and worked on managing the Private Cloud Environment using Chef and Chef Server backups
- Used Chef to automate Configuration management, Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, Users Mount Points, and Packages, implied in testing cookbooks on different platforms using Chef Kitchen. Hands-On knowledge with the Chef DK for storing cookbooks and in documenting the pattern and use of Delivery CLI to automate the adeptness in Chef.
- Searching, co-relating, reporting and alerting on log data using Splunk. Configured Splunk alerts for complete Infrastructure monitoring.
- Created micro service plugin for Hapi.js service worker to read in info via RabbitMQ message bus to create and send SNS messages to AWS SNS topic.
- Administered Red Hat Enterprise Linux ( RHEL), FreeBSD, and VMware ESXi servers, writing several utilities to manage them simultaneously.
Cloud / DevOps Engineer
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC , Subnets , NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Responsible for the creation of S3 buckets and policies and for the creation of IAM role-based policies. Configured S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in Glacier.
- Created Launch Configurations and Autoscaling Groups to auto-scale EC2 instances whenever the Autoscaling policy is met and notified it with a ELB to route traffic to the new instances seamlessly.
- Integrated AWS Dynamo DB using AWS Lambda to store the values the items and backup the Dynamo DB streams and created function in Lambda that aggregates the data from incoming events, then stored result data in Amazon Dynamo DB and S3.
- Developed shell scripts for automation of the build and release process, developed Custom Scripts to monitor repositories, Server storage. Deployed the Java applications into web application servers like Jboss.
- Setup puppet master and use puppet to directly deploy to the servers in staging and DR environment. Used puppet RAL to describe a desired state for different environment (Test, DR, Staging and Prod) Ensure the use Cross platform system profiling library when writing puppet code to suit different OS platform .
- Managed puppet Enterprise 2015.3 Upgrade Project using new puppet 4.x syntax and improvements to the puppet Development Workflow that supports Unit Testing and Acceptance Testing for individual puppet Modules. New Development workflow uses different open source tools like Server Spec, Rspec, Vagrant and Packer to validate changes across different puppet modules.
- Developing puppet module for Automation using combination of puppet Master, R10K Wrapper, Git Enterprise, Open stack(Horizon), Vagrant and SimpleUI (Jenkins ).
- Configured Puppet dashboard for quick visual snapshot of important system information and to deliver valuable reports and created a puppet database for storing information about every node, resource, relationship, users and information about entire infrastructure.
- Worked with branching new streams, decide branching strategies for multiple projects in GIT, merging old branches, and running regression tests using, SVN, Bamboo, Git and Jenkins. Responsible for creating Build & Deployment scripts along with Jenkins jobs creation. and schedule nightly builds.
- Configured Jenkins with GIT and SVN for appropriate release builds . Scheduled automated nightly build using Subversion. Maintained Continuous Integration effort with Subversion along with scheduled builds.
- Integrated code quality and code management tools such as Sonar and Fortify along cucumber tests scripts through Jenkins to check the performance of the applications.
- Managed Version Control Subversion (SVN) and GIT Enterprise and Automated current build process with Jenkins with proposed Branching strategies to accommodate code in various testing cycles.
- Integration of Automated build with Deployment Pipeline. Installed Chef Server and clients to pick up the build from Jenkins repository and deploy in target environments (Integration, QA, and Production).
- Created master and slave configurations to implement multiple parallel builds by installing Jenkins. Monitored software, hardware, and/or middleware updates and utilizing technologies like Jenkins/Hudson, Ant, Maven build, GIT.
- Created end to end build automation and CI setup for button click push deployment. Created new builds jobs, Integration testing jobs and deploy jobs in Jenkins to automate the process with Maven to build rpms from source code checked out from GIT.
- Installing and configuring an automated tool that included installation and configuration of the Puppet master, agent nodes and admin control workstation. Used Shell Scripting and Python scripting for Automation and administering monitoring tools Splunk.
- Created Solaris Jumpstart and Linux Kickstart servers and processes to automate and standardize the installation process, reducing installation time by 35% and post-installation errors by 50%.
- Installed and configured LDAP servers to authenticate between Linux, Apple and Windows environments. Installed, configured, and updated Linux machines, with Red Hat, Debian, and CentOS.
- Worked on developing the web portal application using the React.js and Redux Framework . Installation and Troubleshooting on VMware running Linux (Red Hat) and Windows, installed several hotfixes and patches on windows servers to eliminate vulnerabilities. Creation of check points before performing any activity in VMware.
- Failed over Windows cluster resources from Active to Passive nodes in a cluster environment for scheduled maintenance and emergency changes.
- Troubleshooting user account lockouts using AD Lockout tool and Microsoft Operations Manager and Consolidating Physical Servers to Virtualization through VMware vCenter Standalone Converter.
- Providing and maintaining user access in VMware virtual Center, configuring mail alert for any failure in HA, DRS, CPU and memory
- Worked with system, network, security, and storage engineering teams to prepare and configure new servers for the VMware ESX environment. Worked on VMware clustering like HA and DRS clusters using VC.
- Involved in administration and setup of various High Availability clusters on Linux & Solaris servers using VCS 4.1 and Red hat Cluster Suite.
- Responsible for day-to-day System Administration for Solaris and Windows NT servers, managing Solaris Operating Systems upgrade, package installations, updates, patches and software fixes.
- Monitoring system resources, logs, disk usage, scheduling backups and restore. Configured auto mounts/maps for the user accounts.
- Installation, Configuration of Web Servers using Apache, IIS on Solaris and NT Servers. Worked closely with database administration staff to ensure optimal performance of databases and maintain development applications, databases.
- Involved in Migration from WebLogic 7.0 to WebLogic 8.1 and JDK update, service packs installation. Configuration and Clustering of Managed Servers. Created VM's, templates, clones, snapshots and deploying Red hat machines out of templates and clones.
- Monitoring System performance and do kernel tuning to enhance the system Performance, worked on installation, configuration and maintenance of Debian/Red hat, CentOS Servers at multiple Data Centers.
- Management of Red Hat Linux user accounts, groups, active directories and file permissions. Developed, maintained UNIX/Perl/Ant scripts for build and release tasks.
- Developed Perl, shell scripts for automation of the build and release process. Used TOAD, PL/SQL developer tools for faster application design and developments performance tuning and SQL tuning.
- Planning, installing and configuration of operating system on new Sun/HP Servers. Configured System imager for Linux Servers and used it for Cloning, software distribution and OS updates.
- Implemented upgrade of servers using Red Hat Satellite Server. Setup NFS file systems and shared them to clients and troubleshooting and configuring NAS and NFS mount points, network, application, and server related issues.
- Scheduling of automatic repetitive Jobs, and Shell Scripts with Crontab. Monitoring Virtual memory, Swap management, and Disk and CPU utilization by using various monitoring tools.
- Created RPM packages using RPM BUILD, verifying the new build packages and distributing the package.
- Creating volumes, LUNs and implementing different RAID levels in the disks, created snapshots of clones of LUNs using EMC Snap View, configured LUNs assigned by the storage administrators, manage volumes using Logical Volume Manager (LVM).
- Involved with the deployment teams in troubleshooting and fixing day-to-day problems of the applications in production on 24/7 schedule.
- Performed Red Hat Linux Kick start installations on Red hat 4.x/5.x, performed Red Hat Linux Kernel Tuning, memory upgrades and Installation & Configuration of software packages in Red hat Linux using both yum and rpm installations.
- Worked with a complex environment on Red Hat Linux, Windows Servers while ensuring that these systems adhere to organizational standards and policies.
- Setup, configured, and debugged network configurations for RedHat servers and workstations. Developed a backup/recovery plan for all servers in preparation for hardware failure and penetration from outside sources.
- Performed various health check-ups in production and development environments and configured the LUNs assigned by the storage administrators and managed Volumes using Logical Volume Manager (LVM) on Linux.
- Managed, installed software packages using YUM, RPM and created repository files for offline servers. Maintained configuration files for each application for build purpose and installed on different environments and directed the Release Management Calls to synchronize with the Developers, Testers and DBA teams for successful release.
- Setting up password less login into Linux servers for users using ssh. Experienced in troubleshooting critical hardware and software issues and other day-today user trouble tickets
- Assisted in P2V and V2V conversion of Linux server's editions using enterprise VMware standalone converter and installed the VMware tools on that machines.
- Monitoring and managing performance of ESX servers and Virtual Machines Troubleshooting ESX / ESXi & Virtual Machines, Creation of templates from VMs and Creation of VMs from templates
- Experience in Network Routing Protocols Static routing, BGP, OSPF and IGRP. Managed Network firewalls like Checkpoint, Palo alto and CISCO ASA.