- More than 15 years of experience in Data, Voice and wireless communications) for government organizations and telecommunication corporations.
- Strong background in internal and external plant.
- As well as experience in installing and maintaining Confidential, Avaya VOIP, ISDN, LAN/WAN.
Hardware: CRAFTEK, TPI, Fluke DSP - 4300 Cable Analyzer, Sidekick 7B, Fluke network ODTR and TByrd
- Performs installation, maintenance, and Troubleshooting on Avaya and Confidential telephony products specializing in VOIP for DC Government Agencies.
- Provides Tier1 through Tier3 engineering support, advice and consultation
- Participates as a key member of the telecommunications team in the design, installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and monitoring of core LAN/WAN services required for VoIP
- Utilizes thorough knowledge and experience of testing, troubleshooting, cutting over, and turning up phone lines, PRI’s, voice and data T - 1’s, Trunks, and integrated circuits
- Troubleshoot telephone system issues for ISDN, Confidential and Avaya, performs moves adds and changes.
- Manages internal responsibilities of service desk tickets; project management; planning daily travel schedule; investigating complaints; conducting tests; and resolving problems
- Establishes service by studying system requirements; researching documentation, ordering and gathering components and parts; completing installation; performing acceptance tests
- Maintains rapport with customers by discussing issues; providing technical support; identifying solutions; suggesting improved methods and techniques; recommending system improvements
- Documents service and installation actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications, etc.
Confidential, Glendale, MD
- Installation of Fios, which is Verizon's ground breaking new fiber-optic technology that transports phone calls, data and video to and from homes and businesses. This new technology, known as Fiber to the Premise, uses fiber optic cable and optical electronics to directly link homes and businesses to Verizon’s Network.
- Maintain highest productivity numbers out of all the contractors in the Virginia and Maryland area for 8 months
- Experienced in the installation of a wide variety of cabling to include CAT 5, CAT 6, VGA, S-Video, RG-6 coax, single-mode and multi-mode fiber, DVI and audio cabling.
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
- Install various types of IT, data and voice telecommunications equipment and peripheral devices, including, Confidential Routers 1700 and Confidential 2950 switches, satellite equipment, servers, Mux equipment, modems, Confidential and peripherals.
- Test systems including the above equipment including Confidential Routers, Transition Networks and GPS receivers
- Installation of CAT5E Data Drops, Patch Panels, and test with fluke equipment also known twisted-pair (UTP, ScTP, STP-A) theories and fact
- Performs moves, adds, and changes on the Avaya G3Rs and G3si Systems Troubleshoots cable and phone problems
- Incorporated over five years experience using ANSI/TIA/EIA 568-A, 569-A, 570-A,606,607, ANSI/TIA 526.7, 14A, TIA/EIA TSB 67, 72, 75, 95, National Electric Code, National Fire Protection Code, BICSI TDMM, LAN, and Interworking Design Manual
- Worked closely with Confidential in the Confidential to provide technical support and services for communications systems.
- Authenticate lines and special circuits in the Confidential
- Troubleshoot and restore special circuits, PRI, T1, alarm, ISDN, work on frame to verify circuits for billing and record keeping, test ISDN circuits with TPI to verify dial tone, test cable pairs to verify connectivity from closet to frame, work on trouble tickets to perform solutions to problems with ISDN and Analog lines.
- Assists in planning, evaluating, and/or coordinating the installation of local and/or remote data and voice communications equipment, such as, terminals, modems, video conferencing units, concentrators, minicomputers, central processing units, facsimiles, and pagers.
- Assists in the designs of networks or portions of networks that include selection of hardware and software packages.
- Assists in voice network reconfiguration and billing reconciliation's.
- Helps to ensure that all software including network control programs satisfy the communications needs covering both the hardware and software installed.
- Facilitate maintenance of communication equipment such as wired telephones, ISDN, Voice over IP and non-wired or Cellular.
- Provided the skill-set and knowledge inquired from seven years experience working LAN and WAN infrastructure
- Applied five years experience of troubleshoot & wire Avaya, Confidential & Confidential infrastructure
Confidential, Hampton, VA
- Responsible for Fort Monroe Army base telephone infrastructure.
- Quality installations of sixty-six blocks and 110 blocks, cross connect, perform troubleshooting, preventive maintenance, cable testing, splicing and repair of copper, fiber optic cabling plants
- Work independently to install, diagnose and certify cat 6 data cabling PBX systems, NEPRNET,SIPRNET, DSL, VTC, ISDN and BRI/PRI circuits to ensure optimum network performance.
- Conduct traffic studies using Telemate for usage oversight and billing verifications.
- Assume team leader responsibility in working all aspects of telecommunications from the initial site surveys, material acquisition, engineer drawings, installation, to test and acceptance.
- Install and punch down Cat 6 data patch panels and test with Fluke Test Equipment.
- Responsible for installing VTC equipment including, training, maintenance and managing the scheduling of use for the Fort Monroe Base facilities. Also worked the helpdesk for the VTC equipment operation.
Confidential, Portsmouth, VA
- Responsible for Cox Digital telephone installation to MDU housing, worked independently to install network interface equipment, on outside of building, drilling holes to splice telephone drops inside wall of MDU housing, installing splice box, creating access for Cox to provide its own dial tone to customers maintained and performed maintenance.
- Install 12 and 25 pair telephone network interface equipment
- Handle trouble tickets
- Install Cox high speed internet service to customers also installed cable TV.
Confidential, Chesapeake, VA
- Install underground telephone drops to Confidential customers from PED to NID and terminate.
- Jet track 4/0, 3/0, primary, bolt feeder and street light #8, #4 for Virginia power company.
- Responsible for underground installation of power and telephone line.
Confidential, Chesapeake, VA
- Responsible for pulling and terminating wires such as cat 3, cat 5 and fiber optics.
- Implemented terminating wires on 66 blocks, 110 blocks, jacks, and ran cross connects.
- Installation of data Cat5, Cat3 networking wiring and testing fiber optic wiring and telephone.