A confident, highly energized and effective Engineer passionate about the field of multimedia with strong interpersonal and organizational skills, recognized as a dedicated contributor and hard worker, experienced in the latest software, engineering theories and training know how, with a strong interest in hands - on SDET opportunities in the field of real-time Confidential, Video Compression, Media Streaming and Embedded Systems.
HIGHLIGHTS OF EXPERIENCE:
- Video Compression
- Test Development & Execution
- Device Testing
- Scripting and Automation
- Compatibility and Conformance Testing
- Installation Development
- Windows Mixed Reality
- Agile & Waterfall Methodology
- Project Coordination & Life Cycle Support
- In-house & Off-shore Team Coordination
- Firmware & Embedded-system Development
- Client & End-user Support
- Performance Optimization
- Trade show Demos
TECHNICAL SKILLS :
OS: Windows 10, Windows Mobile, Ubuntu, Mac OS X, Android
Languages & Platforms: C, C++, C#, Visual Basic, Assembly x86, SIMD, ARM, MATLAB, Windows Batch Scripting, Cilk++, PowerShell, Python, Bash, DirectShow, Microsoft Media Foundation, Wowza Media Server (Flash based media server), Microsoft PlayReady Confidential
Tools: Visual Studio, Intel VTune Performance Analyzer, Intel C++ Compiler, Keil µVision, WinAVR, Atmel AVR Studio, Xcode, GCC, GDB, Eclipse, NUnit, Elecard Stream Analyzer, Vega Stream Analyzer, Wireshark, Microsoft Network Monitor, Microsoft Message Analyzer, Fiddler, TFS, Jira, Product Studio, Systems Center Operations Manager 2012, SharePoint, WTT, Git, SVN, GPUView, Selenium, Robot framework
Hardware: Atmel ATMega169, Luminary Micro LM3S811, ARM7TDMI
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE :
- Feature and Performance testing for Intel Unite software builds on Windows and Android.
- Compilation and enhancement of unit testing module for Intel Unite.
- Development of test plans for upcoming products based on specification
- Validation of firmware and BIOS support for Confidential
- Validation for Display Drivers for various processor platforms
- Duties include testing, debugging and Skype for Business™ interoperability of partner IP phones, video conferencing devices, Skype Room Systems, Roundtable 100 and Rigel for Skype for Business certification program. The testing done on Online, OnPrem and Hybrid topologies.
- Duties included debugging and development of verification tools for Confidential for video standard based webcams.
- Duties included debugging and development of video related modules in the Lync™ communication platform.
- Generated H.264 SVC test streams for encoder and decoder using reference software to test standard compliance and error resilience.
- Developed Media Foundation Transform for VC-1 Decoder.
- Resolved the cause of crash and provided a fix for the media conversion tool for a client.
- Added Timestamp SEI messages to the H.264 SVC encoded stream, verified standard compliance and accuracy.
- Upgrade Mode Conformance tool for H.264 AVC and SVC Confidential Configuration modes.
- Developed Python based automated testing module for H.264 SVC encoder and decoder to verify functionality and quality of the daily builds of the codec and send notification of any issues discovered.
- Debugged and Fixed issues with the partner compatibility tool for VoIP communication based on SIP, RTP/RTCP and SDP
- Developed and implemented test plans for Skype Room Systems.
- Setup and maintenance of Skype Room Systems test lab.
- Peripheral compatibility testing for Skype Room Systems.
- Prerelease, feature testing and bug repros for Aries series of devices (Polycom CX 500/600/3000 , HP, Aastra 6721/6725ip.
- E911 and Multiple Emergency Number testing for Skype for Business client and Aries devices.
- Prerelease testing of new PowerShell cmdlets for Skype for Business server.
- Executed interop testing with IP phones Polycom VVX500, Polycom VVX 600, Yealink T42/T46/T48G, AudioCodes 440HD Features tested are device sign in, presence publication, PSTN calling, remote and federated calling, voicemail and conference for Online, OnPrem, Hybrid and CCE topologies.
- Executed interop testing for Polycom video conferencing device HDX and RealPresense Group series and Multipoint Conferencing Unit RMX 2000.
- Test plan development and peripheral testing for Rigel.
- Managed Internal and External Dogfood Programs for Skype Room Systems including setup, training and support for beta customers and MSIT.
- Setup and Managed SCOM monitoring and reporting for Skype Room System.
- Troubleshoot Internal and External customer issues related to Skype Room Systems and handle escalations.
- Developed, Debugged and Tested verification tools for webcams based on UVC standard with built-in H.264 encoder.
- Profiled existing tools, suggested and implemented optimization strategies to facilitate capture of 1080p raw video.
- Added support for parsing of H.264 video in MP4 file format.
- Implemented conversion of Confidential -2 Transport Stream input to Confidential -2 Program Stream and generation of indexing information from the input for normal and trick mode playback on the embedded platform.
- Generate DLNA compatible output for the Media Server.
- Implemented padding strategies for audio and video in accordance with the STB embedded platform requirements.
- Worked with the team to implement the content security architecture for the media content received from the studios.
- Designed and Implemented test plans for the Media Server and Receiver and generated debugging information for embedded team.
- Aggressively track defects and coordinate testing activities with development teams.
Video Applications Engineer
- Optimized H.264 Encoder for Intel Pentium and X-Scale processors. Worked on optimization of Motion Estimation and DCT modules. Optimizations included C level optimizations and assembly level optimizations using MMX/SSE/SSE2 instructions for the Pentium 4. Intel’s VTune™ Performance Analyzer was used as the profiler integrated into Visual Studio 2005.
- Implemented the parallelization of the H.264 Encoder for real-time encoding of HD 720p data on a multicore server machine.
- Designed and implemented real-time RTP reception and depacketization module for Audio and Video in Confidential DVB-H implementation.
- Implemented Audio/Video Synchronization using RTP timing information.
- Visual Studio was used as the compiler was Windows version and GCC as the compiler for the Linux version.
- Developed GUI Application for H.264 Decoder.
- Developed DirectShow filters for H.264 Decoder and real-time RTP Receiver.
- Integrated Reception, Buffering and Decoding modules into the Confidential DXPlayer for Windows Mobile.
- Ported and optimized DirectShow based DVBH solution to Windows Mobile device.
- Developed Installshield based installations for H.264 Decoder, DVBH solution.
- Visual Studio was used for compilation, debugging and deployment of code to Windows Mobile devices.
- Initiated and Developed Stream Analyzer for SmartCapture which resulted in significant reduction in debugging time during the development cycle.
- Developed streaming modules for SmartPlayer and added the RTP over UDP based Streaming functionality for SmartCapture on Windows and Linux platform.
- Initiated and Developed SDKs for SmartCapture on Windows platform. Modified and Integrated the SDKs into various customer projects.
- Programmed the A/D converter on SmartCapture board to capture close caption data (EIA-608 standard) and save the close captions as Private Data in Confidential -2 TS Stream.
- Designed and Implemented Confidential -2 Transport Stream modules for SmartCapture Pro including multiplexer, de-multiplexer, streaming and reception.
- Developed the DirectShow Parser filter for Confidential -2 TS streams for SmartPlayer.
- Designed and Developed the DirectShow Network Source filter for real-time reception of RTP Stream with H.264 video and Confidential Audio over UDP.
- Implementation of File Writing, Decoding and Streaming modules into the SmartPlayer.
- Development and maintenance of installation setups based on Installshield for distribution of various components of SmartCapture product.
- Designed and implemented test plans for hardware and software functionality.
- Designed and implemented RTP based real-time streaming modules for H.264 and Confidential streams over UDP and TCP.
- Designed and implemented RTP based real-time streaming module for Confidential -2 TS streams over UDP.
- Designed and implemented RTSP based streaming module for H.264 and Confidential streams over TCP.
- Designed and implemented module for SDP generation.
- Modified the design of streaming modules to make streams compatible with set-top boxes and Wowza Media Server (Flash based media server) and Darwin Streaming Server for the applications of live video streaming, video surveillance and Video on Demand (VoD).
- Designed and implemented test plans for hardware and software functionality.
- Designed and Implemented Confidential converter.