- Around 8 years of experience in IT industry comprising of delivery management, design, development, release & deployment, and cloud implementation
- Amazon Web Services certified solutions architect.
- Created AWS Lambda function’s for alexa and google voice and integrating smartthings with voice services to control cloud connected and hub connected devices using alexa and google voice.
- Created and monitored dashboards on datadog for Realtime monitoring of analytics and matrices of AWS lambda functions including google and alexa voice for smartthings devices
- Designed and Developed a testing framework for the Alexa Canary service for smartthings devices.
- Expertise in Amazon AWS which includes services like: EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, AMI, SNS, RDS, IAM, Route 53, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, OPS Work, Security Groups.
- Experience in provisioning and administering EC2 instances and configuring EBS, S3 - cross region replication, Elastic Load Balancer, configure Auto scaling, setting up CloudWatch alarms, Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and RDS, based on architecture.
- Experience in designing AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Experience in building, designing and implementing scalable cloud-based web applications for PaaS, IaaS or SaaS using Google Cloud Platform.
- Experienced working on CI/CD allowing for deploy to multiple client Kubernetes/AWS environments.
- Experience in branching, tagging and maintaining the version control and source code management tools like GIT, SVN (subversion), Clear Case on Linux and windows platforms.
- Worked on Vagrant for managing development environments through creation of Linux virtual containers.
- Expertise in designing and developing Jenkins deployments.
- Experienced in Chef, Puppet, Ansible and automation tools.
- In depth understanding of the principles and best practices of software configuration management (SCM) in Agile, Scrum and Waterfall methodologies.
- Used GIT as version control system for applications, Managed development streams and Integration streams.
- Experienced in automating deployment using Bash and Python scripting with focus on DevOps tools, CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo.
- Implemented and tested python-based web applications interacting with MySQL.
- Experience in using MAVEN and ANT as build tools for building of deployable artifacts (jar, war & ear) from source code.
- Extensively experienced in Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby, PowerShell scripting on Linux & Windows
- Worked with different scripting languages such as PowerShell, groovy, Python for automating tasks for various environments
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Experience writing Chef Cookbooks and recipes to automate the deployment process and to integrating Chef Cookbooks into Jenkins jobs for a continuous delivery framework.
- Good understanding of open shift platforms in managing Docker Containers and Kubernete Clusters.
- Good knowledge of NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, MongoDB.
Operating Systems: Windows, Mac OS, Ubuntu, REDHAT, Linux, Unix, Core OS
Build Tool: Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Docker, MS Build
Version Control Tools: CVS, GIT, Tortoise SVN, Perforce and Clear case.
CI Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo, Ansible, RunDeck, Chef and Puppet.
AWS, AWS: CLI and Microsoft Azure
Databases: Oracle 11g/10g, MySQL, SQL Server, TSQL, Mongo DB, MS Access, DB2, PostgresSQL, RDBMS
Virtualization / Containers: Amazon AWS, Oracle Virtual Box, Docker, Openstack, VMware.
Applications & Configuration Management: Apache, RabbitMQ, Nagios, Informatica, Power Center, Business Objects and SonarQube.
Web/AppServers: Apache Tomcat, Oracle web logic, IBM web sphere and Demandware
Monitoring & Logging Tools: Nagios, Splunk, Loggly, Zabbix
Web Technologies: HTML, XML, SOAP, WSDL, UDDI, XSD, XSL, XPATH
Bug Tracker & Testing: JIRA, Redmine, Junit, Test Rail, Bugzilla, HP Quality Center
SDLC: Agile, Scrum, Waterfall
Confidential, MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA
- Creating AWS Lambda function’s for alexa and google voice and integrating smartthings with voice services to control cloud connected and hub connected devices using alexa and google voice.
- Creating and monitoring dashboards on datadog for Realtime monitoring of analytics and matrices of AWS lambda functions including google and alexa voice for smartthings devices
- Developing, Implementing and debugging code in java, groovy for cloud connected and hub connected devices and also the user interface for specific applications in Smartthings. used tools like sumologic, postman for debugging the logs and to check the status code generated by REST API’s
- Analyzing smart things IDE and publishing device handlers with their respective smart apps for connectivity of hub and cloud connected devices to control them using smartthings
- Designing and Developing a testing framework for the Alexa Canary service for smartthings devices.
- Create and manage Docker deployment pipeline for custom application images in the cloud using Jenkins
- Dealing with various Git Hub and Git lab repository for pushing the code and resolving the merge conflicts.
- Involved in designing and deploying multitude applications utilizing almost all of the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling in AWS CloudFormation..
- Created AWS Route53 to route traffic between different regions.
- Involved in extending Active Directory Domain Services(AD) into cloud
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Implemented automated local user provisioning instances created in AWS cloud.
- Manage AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Chef.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby, and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache, and IIS
- Built servers using AWS, Importing volumes, launching EC2, RDS, creating security groups, auto-scaling, load balancers (ELBs) in the defined virtual private connection(VPC).
- Used Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance and manage Docker containers with multiple name spaced versions.
- At CoreOS, used the kube-aws CLI tool to automate cluster deployment to AWS
- Configuring and Networking of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) Written CloudFormation templates and deployed AWS resources using it.
- Knowledge of Node.js and frameworks available for it
- Strong experience utilizing Jenkins for enterprise scale infrastructure configuration and application deployments - checking out code from svn/git and use ant/maven to build war/jar artifacts and creating pipelines
- Wrote PowerShell scripts for automating time consuming specialty needs for external clients.
- Defined branching, labeling, and merge strategies for applications in Git.
- Installed and configured configuration tool such as ChefServer / workstation and nodes via CLI tools to AWS nodes
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize end product configuration, converting production support scripts to Chef Recipes and AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes
- Analyze and correct order flow exceptions by implementing changes to our OMS, WMS/Agile, and customer checkout via a JIRA process.
- Implemented Ansible to manage all existing servers and automate the build/configuration of new servers.
- Used Ansible to document all infrastructures into version control.
Environment: AWS, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, VDI,VPC, Route53, EBS, SQL, ELB, Cloud watch, RunDeck, Cloud Formation, Docker, Jira, AWS CLI, AWS Auto Scaling, Unix/Linux, Python, Ruby, Shell scripting, Git.
Confidential, SAN JOSE, CA
Java/ AWS Engineer
- Played a key role during Analyzing, preparing technical and functional design specification documents as per the Requirements, Architecture, Development and Maintenance of high traffic application built in Java/J2EE.
- Addressing dependencies and handling issues with release of interdependent projects especially in the Web services area.
- Installed, Configured and automated the Jenkins Build jobs for Continuous Integration and AWS Deployment pipelines using various plugins like Jenkins EC2 plugin, AWS Code Deploy, AWS S3 and Jenkins Cloud Formation plugin.
- Also Used AWS Cloud watch as a monitoring tool.
- Used Terraform to transform the infrastructure from on - premise to cloud.
- Managed Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet and custom-build.
- Involved in designing and developing Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon RDS, Amazon Elastic Load Balancing, Amazon SNS, and other services of the AWS infrastructure.
- Provided highly durable and available data by using S3 data store, versioning, lifecycle policies, and created AMIs for mission critical production servers for backup.
- Used JIRA to keep track of all the ongoing tasks and maintain bug resolutions
- Brought up VPC and enabled security features for instances.
- Managed Containerized applications weekly basis.
- Developed framework in Linux environment and tracked, resolved issues using Linux commands.
- Killed and built up containers with respect to disk usage of instances.
- Implemented Docker containers to create images of the applications and dynamically provision slaves to Jenkins CI/CD pipelines.
- Developed code in python scripts and ran it regularly in development.
- Regularly built Jenkins builds and delivered to Artifactory.
- Implemented cluster services using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Created and maintained various DevOps related tools for the team such as provisioning scripts, deployment tools and staged virtual environments using Docker.
- Extensively used Nagios for monitoring the build statuses.
- Documented and maintained track of software solutions on Confluence.
- Used GIT to manage Configuration Items (CI's).
Environment: Java, J2EE, AWS, AWS EC2, AWS S3, Jira, Git, Docker, Kubernetes, Linux, API’S.
- Involved in setting up Jira as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plug-ins for the Jira bug/issue tracker.
- Wrote and maintained various Ansible modules for the upstream Ansible repository.
- Integrated Maven with Perforce to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Installed and administered Tomcat repository to deploy the artifacts generated by Maven and to store the dependent jars which are used during the build.
- Mentor Business Areas on Subversion Branching, Merging strategies concepts.
- Resolved update, merge and password authentication issues in Jenkins and Jira.
- Involved in implementing Tool Suite (Jira, Jenkins).
- Setting up continuous integration and formal builds using Jenkins with Maven and Tomcat repository.
- Built Openstack based infrastructure for Database as a service(DBaaS) and Load Balancer as a service(LBaaS).
- Installed and configured Confluence as the enterprise wiki to document development and change management procedures.
- Maintained custom PowerShell scripts that interact with Office 365, Active Directory, SQL, and VMware.
- Involved partially in deploying WARs/EARs (backend) through Weblogic Application Server console.
- Performed setup of clustered environment with Weblogic Application Server.
- Used Shell script to configure the Weblogic application server in all the environments
- Support Lead developers with Configuration Management issues.
- Managed all the bugs and changes into a production environment using the Jira tracking tool
- Designed and Developed Java Objects based on Java Patterns and UML Specifications.
Environment: Java, Maven, Openstack, Ansible, Jenkins, Jira, Jenkins, Linux, Weblogic, Subversion, Shell scripting.
Jr. Linux / Unix Administrator
- Managed and administrated of all UNIX servers, includes Linux operating systems by applying relative patches and packages at regular maintenance periods using Red Hat Satellite server, YUM, RPM tools.
- Planned and performed the upgrades to Linux (RHEL 5x, 6x, SUSE10, 11, CENTOS 5, 6, operating systems and hardware maintenance like changing memory modules, replacing disk drives.
- Handling NFS, Auto Mount, DNS, LDAP related issues.
- Monitoring CPU, memory, physical disk, Hardware and Software RAID, multipath, file systems, network using the tools NAGIOS 4.0 monitoring.
- Performing failover and integrity test on new servers before rolling out to production.
- Deployment and Configuration of application server Tomcat deploying Java and Web Application.
- Writing Shell scripts for automation of daily tasks, documenting the changes that happen in the environment and in each server, analyzing the error logs, analyzing the User logs, analyzing the /var/log/messages.
- Planned, scheduled and Implemented OS patches on Linux boxes as a part of proactive maintenance.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve problems with the OS build failures.
- Used Chef for managing server application server such as Apache, MySQL, Tomcat.
- Installation, configuration, and customization of services Sendmail, Apache, FTP servers to meet the user needs and requirements.
- Performing kernel and database configuration optimization such that it limits I/O resource utilization on disks.
Environment: Red Hat Linux 5.x, 6.x, Autosys, CentOS, VMware vSphere 4.0, VMware ESX 3.5.0, GIT, Shell Scripting, MySQL, Tomcat, Nagios.