- Highly Accomplished IT Professional with success directing a broad range of corporate IT initiatives while participating in planning, analysis, and implementation of solutions in support of business objectives.
- Able to thrive in fast - paced and challenging environments where accuracy and efficiency matter. Significant expertise in the following areas:
- Proven success as Network Administrator; maintaining multiple servers in VPN / LAN / WAN / CLOUD networks; resolving problems and connectivity issues; adding, deleting and providing support for employees; ordering and setup hardware, configure and image laptops, cloud computing, managing system tuning, security, backups and disaster plans.
- Demonstrated proficiency as Network Engineer; configuring and installing all types of hardware; system upgrades and additions, including servers, drives, tape backups and fault tolerance; designing and implementing network hardware.
- Extensively experienced with IT Security; Monitor the security of critical systems. Including servers, workstations, network devices, network traffic and security controls to ensure appropriate system administrative actions, investigate and report on noted irregularities.
- Superior abilities with troubleshooting and problem resolution; diagnose issues, evaluate actions and implement solutions; consistently achieve low error rate and minimal downtime; maintain collaborative management style to efficiently train and guide teams in achieving goals.
- Detail oriented, with excellent organizational skills; enthusiastically assume new challenges and additional responsibilities; quickly acquire new and advanced skill sets; self-motivated and dedicated, with strong work ethic.
PowerShell, Batch Programming, Reliability Monitor, Performance Monitor, Resource Monitor, Task Manager, NMAP, Memory Diagnostics, System Info, MSConfig, Wireshark, Snort, Nessus, Remedy
Confidential, Houston, Texas
- Install and maintain Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016 and Linux servers in Active Directory multiple-server environment. Maintained remote access through VPN connection. Support end user needs.
- Confidential was acquired by Confidential . In closing Confidential office I was responsible for setting up ACP ( Confidential Cloud Portal) and moving all relative data over to the cloud network. This included Oracle and MS SQL databases, Linux application server, IIS Web server, user data and coordinate with the security team on which network ports needed to be opened. Configured Cisco ASA Firewall and Cisco Router.
- Technical responsibilities included Maintaining Active Directory, Cisco ASA Firewall, Server hardware and software, VMWare Environment, IT Security, network monitoring, One Drive and other organization needs.
- Performed regular backup schedules using Backup Exec and setup disaster recovery by implementing a data solution that duplicated our data to Rackspace servers.
- Worked closely with Venders on support and maintenance contracts for the purchase of computer, network hardware and software supplied for Confidential . Configured and imaged laptops using Ghost and other imaging technologies to install required software needed for the employee work environment. Supported users with software or hardware problems.
- Configured mobile devices for employees.
- Decreased downtime and improved data integrity by adding network monitoring throughout the network. Setup disaster recovery in multiple locations and plans for implementing the steps required for getting the company back up and running.
- Implemented SharePoint which allowed employees and customers to better coordinate on projects and methodologies used during the lifecycle of their contract. This was instrumental in preventing errors and duplications during the projects.
- Conduct routine social engineering tests and clean desk audits.
- Investigate potential or actual security violations or incidents in an effort to identify issues and areas that require new security measures or policy changes.
- Trained personnel in security techniques to minimize their footprint in being exposed to security breaches.
Confidential, Houston, Texas
- Maintained and supported LAN / WAN software and hardware in environment of multiple Windows servers and multiple domains that served 8,000 users.
- Setup and maintained MS Exchange for the employee email system.
- Fixed and repaired employee computer systems.
- Integrated existing systems and established Windows workstations upon corporate merger.
- Configured routers to join WAN environment, and automated workstation setup to increase speed, minimize downtime and preserve integrity of data, particularly e-mail communications.
- Extensively involved with user change-management and adherence to strict timelines.
- Designed and implemented company’s first disaster-recovery plan.
- Restored staff confidence in e-mail functions by reinstalling and tuning Exchange applications.
- Improved communications capabilities by establishing web accessibility for Outlook mail, contacts and calendars.