- Over 7+ years’ experience in Installation, Configuration and maintenance of LAN networks with Microsoft Windows and Linux based Servers and Desktops.
- Experience in Server and Network maintenance, install, Manage, Monitor, Configure and Troubleshoot DNS, DHCP, server security, and Network Protocols in a window and Linux based Infrastructure.
- Experience in design, implementation, administration and supporting for Local Area Networks, Network Infrastructure elements such as, Network Topology, IP Addressing, and Name Resolution such as DNS, Virtual Private Networks, and Remote Access
Operating System: Microsoft window operating systems: 2000/2003/2008/2012 R2 servers, and window 7,8,10. VMware ESXI, Unix Solaris, Linux operating systems such as Ubuntu, Fedora and Red hat /Centos (5,6 &7 servers).
Hardware/Networking: Remote firewall management & provisioning, Cisco Routers, Switches, Wireless, TCP/IP, IPX, NetBEUI; DHCP, DNS, WINS, NAT, RAS, Client VPN, Site - to-Site VPN, VLAN, Checkpoint, Cisco Firewalls
Software: Kickstart, Linux Clusters, Puppet, Cacti, IIS, Wireshark, Active Directory, window system center configuration manager (SCCM), VMware, Apache, websphere/Weblogic, MS SQL Server, MySQL, Apache Tomcat, Nginx, Splunk, Confidential, Satellite, VShell Server, Jenkins, Veritas Backup Exec, MS Office, Nessus, OpenVAS, Confidential, Splunk, Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer, Virtual hosting, Clustering technologies.
Programing and scripting language: C, C++, C#, java, PowerShell, python and Bash scripting
- Responsible for technical troubleshooting within an enterprise environment, including system crashes, slow-downs and data recoveries.
- Engaged and tracked Prioritize issues, with responsibility for the timely documentation, escalation (if appropriate), resolution and closure of trouble tickets for clients.
- Configuration and management of rabbit mq server, logstash server and elastic search cluster servers in cloud environment.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard, and PuppetDB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Deployed mcollective for orchestration, customize mcollective plugins to deal specifically with the company needs.
- Deployed centralized logging via ElasticSearch and LogStash with Kibana as the web frontend
- Administer and provide support for various systems components including; email, intranet/extranet hosting, Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, DFS, Print Services, MS DFS Backup, on both Linux and Windows environment. Install, upgrade and maintain server hardware, operating systems such as windows server 2003, 2008, 2012 and Linux servers (Ubuntu and centos) as well as software as needed. Execute enterprise deployments of updates, releases, patches and fixes utilizing deployment tools
- Monitor the security of critical systems (e.g., e-mail servers, database servers, web servers, etc) and changes to highly sensitive computer security controls to ensure appropriate system administrative actions, investigate and report on noted irregularities. Improve user domain accounts, user environments, directory structures, access rights and Active directory security management by creating a process that reduce response time to needs and questions of the Help Desk and users concerning their access to resources on the OATI network by 25%.
- Managed Microsoft SCCM deployments of software distribution in projects including Microsoft Security upgrades and standard desktop software on global basis, Prioritize and coordinate security patch and software testing schedules and distributions.
- Created custom asset inventory reports and dashboards for use in planning corporate hardware and software requirements, created packages, collections, and advertisements for distributions and Prioritize and coordinate security patch, software testing schedules, distributions and Customized data collection for corporate license audits. Build and installation of windows 10 professionals via SCCM OSD deployment for desktop users and as well as central updates deployment. Troubleshoot and supporting windows desktop issues from application stand point.
- Implemented SIEM (Security Information Event Manager): implement Confidential automatic agent deployment tool for Windows clients, greatly reducing time spent deploying Confidential to multiple clients. Deployed OSSIM to allow for enterprise-wide correlation of security-related events. Configured database servers and webservers to send SysLog messages to SIEM via.
- Championed a philosophy of continuous improvement for security management and risk mitigation, pro-actively assessing, identifying and qualifying new and changed information security risks that impact the business, with review and approval of exceptions to policies were justified and required. Maintain a backup of all files, security, access rights and configuration images while conforming to corporate records retention guidelines.
- Conduct network vulnerability assessments using tools to evaluate attack vectors, identify system vulnerabilities and develop remediation plans and security procedures.
System engineer/system analyst
- Ensured that assigned systems were engineered, configured and optimized for maximum functionality and availability. Implemented solutions that reduced single points of failure and improved system uptime to 99.9% availability (up from previous high of 97.5%).
- Oversaw major server migration from window server and led enterprise wide hardware/software installations upgrade that lead to project expansion that improved network access protection (NAP), terminal services and network performance; and integrated new technologies into existing data-center environments.
- Coordinate eclipse project (agile environment) for implementing new POS payment system (Retalix software), from gathering system and server requirement to server build process and configuration according to the business need.
- Improved system security setup by hardening the operating system according to the recommendation of Benchmarks Ci-security to meet up with the industry standard. Wrote PowerShell script for deploying and monitoring windows operating system patches and system health.
- Rectified many issues by instituting best practices in system log analysis, backups, network operating center security, user account/permissions management and systems/software auditing. Which led to reconfiguration of existing RED HAT Linux/Oracle setup for Target Enterprise pharmacy system lab, including migration of the all Linux based application server to Target cloud environment.
- Oversaw the design and setup of target POS non- production lab environment (both Linux (websphere/weblogic application server) and windows application server) in Serisiri, India, which improved the performance of the testing team and labs team Confidential
- Initiate system cloning practice to isolate developer test environment from POS integration environment which reduce the number of issues encounter per week by 45%.
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Directed the implementation and performance tuning of Windows 2003 Server environment for client’s global operations. Delivered a major improvement over old VPN system that catapulted productivity of remote sales force.
- Plan, document and test disaster recovery documentation, including restoring work instructions on restoring AD, DNS, DHCP and virtual and physical server infrastructure using VMware and Net back up’s Bare Metal Restore solutions.
- Resolved a history of problematic network failure by troubleshooting LAN/WAN connections between multiple stores for a regional retail chain.
- Drove a 25% decrease in website downtime by migrating RaQ4 server sites and online stores to Linux server. Corrected server configuration problems, wrote scripts to ensure smooth server/reboot functioning, and assisted with a variety of Linux-based inquiries and concerns.
- Audited and replaced major manufacturer’s vulnerable network with robust security through joint architecture of firewall and DHCP and implements changes to active directory as needed, by identifying the risk and recommend compliance principles based upon the result of Symantec GRC tools report.
- By Coordinating with multiple teams a new server build process and configuration scripts was created, which Stabilized expanded and protected client network and server environment, also created backup and monitoring scripts that in cooperate the use of Confidential Open Manage and BMC’s Patrol Monitoring Package Manage, maintain and optimize resource utilization.
- Contributed software engineering expertise in the development of products through the software lifecycle, from requirements definition through successful deployment.
- Facilitated customization of systems by encouraging software engineering team to adopt emerging standards for software application development architecture and tools.
- Facilitate the localization efforts to rapidly deploy Confidential websites.
- Create project plans and technical specs for outsourcing. Active role as quality assurance for Confidential web project for about 6-member team of developers in the development of games and localization. Build internal applications for production workflow