- Microsoft Server 2003/08/12R/16 Administration
- Microsoft Hyper - V 2008/2012 R2
- System Imaging
- Microsoft Exchange 2003/08/10/13/16
- VMWare 4.0/5.1/5.5/6.0/6.5
- Remote Desktop Support
- Microsoft Azure Services
- SAN/NAS storage
- Hardware/Software Installation
- Microsoft Sharepoint Services
- Switch configuration
- Computer Diagnostics
- Microsoft AD, GPO
- Firewalls- Sonicwall, PaloAlto, EnGenius, Meraki
- Microsoft VB
- Microsoft Office 2003/07/10/13/16/365
- VPN/SSL VPN- Sonicwall, PaloAlto, Windows
- Microsoft SQL Server 2003/08/12
- Managed AV systems
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV
- Backup Solutions
Sr. Systems Administrator
Confidential, San Diego, CA
- Manage the day - to-day operations with monitoring, configuration, maintenance and repair.
- Ensures that records of system downtime and equipment inventory are properly maintained.
- Develop implementation plans, scripts and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability and train staff in their usage.
- Lead troubleshooting efforts as required, involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations.
- Establish guidelines and methods for the installation and management of the systems to security specifications.
- Ensure high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical host computer resources.
- Develop procedures to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorized use.
- Develop procedures and documentation for backup and restoration of systems and applications.
- Develop tools, procedures, and training sessions for operations, support and systems to assist with work.
- Configured backup, monitoring, and ticketing from non-existent to ISO fulfillment in a short time.
- Developed process and scripts to automate user creation in high turnover environment, reducing time spent by 10 man-hours per week.
Systems Administrator/Remote Support Engineer
Confidential, San Diego, CA
- Primary Engineer for multiple clients of Confidential, a managed services provider.
- Served as a direct contact, both onsite and remotely, for clients.
- Monitor ticketing system to complete client requests.
- Create documentation for client specified or software specified procedures.
- Perform monthly service checks on all managed clients.
- Implement security policies via Group Policy and firewall settings.
- Regularly setup new employees in Active Directory, Exchange, and Office 365. As well as user termination procedures.
- Provide support for Active Directory, Exchange, Office 365, and SharePoint.
- Regular onsite visits for client issues.
- Work with various backup solutions for disaster recovery; including maintenance, analysis and restoration.
- Troubleshoot software and hardware related issues.
- Work with Vendor support on escalated issues.
- Evaluate, install and monitor various security; including anti-virus, firewall and end user training documentation.
- Maintain and support virtual environments.
- First Responder to site down situations.
- Development of large scale patch management across multiple clients using N-Able to decrease required time and increase full patch coverage.
- Development of rapid managed service check procedures to allow processing by engineers not familiar with the client.
- Multiple new site deployments, new server deployments, P2V migrations, Office 365 Migrations and new firewall deployments.
- Site and Data recovery from Cryptowall and Cryptolocker.
Confidential, El Cajon, CA
- Maintained Windows Server 2008 network with Exchange, Sonicwall, and Navision ERP.
- Maintenance of 40+ end-user PCs, remote access, network printers, POS computers and software.
- Maintaining the phone systems, as well as evaluating new hardware for upgrades.
- Converted the company from the SBS network to a Windows Server 2008 network using VMWare and Hyper V.
- Wrote an inventory control program using VB.NET for use on wireless hand held scanners in the warehouse
- Maintained Dynamics NAV ERP solution in SQL 2008, while developing reports and data ports to increase functionality.
- Updated warehouse inventory program to increase shipping throughput for the company.
- Optimized Navision ERP system to double speed of most reports.
Customer Service/Programmer/IT Support
Confidential, San Diego, CA
- Setup Active Directory environment on Windows Server 2003, including Exchange 2007 and Sharepoint.
- Managed and administered a Windows 2003 network environment; including SQL server 2005, Exchange 2007, and data servers.
- Served as primary support contact for Dynamics NAV ERP software, working with versions from 3.01B to 5.0.
- Part of implementation team for Dynamics NAV.
- Performed upgrades to Dynamics NAV 5.0 from various previous versions, both for native C/SIDE database and SQL database.
- Minor development work in C/AL for NAV.
- Served as contact for 3rd party add-ons.
- Increased productivity by installing and configuring internal systems to allow quicker access to customer information.
- Implemented support system to track client issues as they progress.
Confidential, San Diego, CA
- Managed and administrated a Windows 2003 network environment; including SQL server, Exchange, data servers, ISA server, and firewalls.
- Administration and plan changes to MAS90/200 database systems.
- Served as primary contact for IT troubleshooting with end users.
- Performed continual audits to ensure compliance and to keep accounts up to date.
- Reduced downtime of network by 20% and servers by 40%
- Increased the security for the database systems.
- Assisted in the implementation of a tagging system to decrease erroneous product and increase efficiency.
Confidential, Oceano, CA
- Managed and maintained hardware and software including servers, PCs, printers, mail servers, data storage, network security and databases.
- Sole IT personnel for the Confidential consisting of over 30 local and remote users.
- Served as a consultant with the international company.
- Researched new software, hardware and phone systems to determine the most effective and cost efficient solutions.
- Implemented new communications methods including VoIP, voice and video conferencing and remote document sharing.
- Trained local and remote personnel in systems including Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, Navision, Filemaker, and general computer use though documentation, live group training sessions, personal training sessions and remote training.
- Served as primary contact for communications, computer support, technology purchase, advertising and sales reporting.
- Supported and developed databases including Navision and Filemaker, two of the systems used to handle data processing from prognosis to sales, inventory, historical reports and a wide variety of other uses.
- Redesigned the company’s website to international standard, while creating and implementing an internal network system for information sharing nationally with a VPN solution for remote users.
- Setup Microsoft Server 2003 with Exchange 2003 environment, resulting in a 10% increase in network speed
- Assisted in the implementation of the Navision database system to increased speed and accuracy of sales, prognosis, and accounting by 20% to 40%
- Reduced the number of software systems by 50% to decrease the amount of multiple entries necessary
- Maintained, repaired and upgraded all computing hardware, including that of personal computers, laptops, printers, Verifone credit card machines and network devices.
- Managed user accounts, print queues, network connectivity and system maintenance/backup for a Windows NT 4 Point of Sale (POS) server and a Windows 2000 application/backup server.
- Established special POS and inventory registers for sales operations at remote locations.
- Trained and supervised staff in use of software packages including the company's POS programs, MS Office, MS Publisher, MS Outlook, telnet emulators, Lotus Notes, Adobe Photoshop, Internet programs and Windows 9x/2000.
- Supported staff in use of company's POS programs, MS Office package, Lotus Notes, Internet programs and Windows 9x/2000.
- Decreased setup time for special events by 50% to 80%.
- Successfully built systems to support over $15 million in transactions with a team of two.