- Over 8 years of experience in IT industry comprising of five years of Software Configuration Management (SCM)& three years of Linux & Unix Systems Administration.
- Extensive experience includes SCM, DevOpsBuild/Release Management, Change/Incident Management and CloudManagement.
- Strong experience in Automating, Configuring and deploying instances on AWS, Azure, Rackspace cloud environments, also familiar with EC2, Cloud watch, Elastic IP’s and managing security groups on AWS.
- Experience in AWS Cloud platform and its features which includes EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, EBS, CloudWatch, Cloud Trail, Cloud - Formation AWS Config, Autoscalling, CloudFront, IAM, S3.
- Experience in administration of Production, Development & Test environment’s working in various flavors of Linux and Unix like RHEL 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, Suse Linux, Ubuntu, CentOS, AIX 5.2 /5.3 /6.1 /7.1 and Solaris.
- Experienced in working on DevOps/Agile operation process including various tools (Code review, unit test automation, Build & Release automation, Environment, Service, Incident and Change Management).
- Production experience in large environments using configuration management tools Ansible,Chefand Puppet.
- Experience in development and configuration experience with software provisioning tools like Ansible, Chef and Puppet.
- Experience in creating various modules and manifests usingPuppet.
- Wrote several Custom Ansible Playbooks for various applications/webservers
- Setup up and maintenance of automated environment using Chef Recipes&cookbooks within AWS environment.
- Strong Experience in continuous integration (CI) technologies like Bamboo and Jenkins.
- Designed and created multiple deployment strategies using Continuous Integration and Continuous Development Pipelines and configuration management tools with remote execution to ensure zero downtime and shortened deployment cycles via automated deployments.
- Created and wrote shell scripts (Bash), Ruby, Python and PowerShell for automating tasks.
- Extensive experience in setting up baselines, branching, merging, and automation processes using shell and Perl scripts.
- Extensively experienced in using Build Automation tools like ANT, Maven, Gradle and working knowledge on other build tools like make file.
- Experience in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN) and TFS on Linux and windows platforms.
- Extensively worked with automation tools like Hudson, Jenkins and Build Forge to implement the End to End Automation.
- Strong knowledge / experience in creating Jenkins CI pipelines. Experience in Jenkins to automate most of the build related tasks.
- Experience in Linux Administration (Installation, Configuration, Tuning and Upgrades of Linux (RedHat and Oracle).
- Experience in integrating Unit Tests and Code Quality Analysis tools like JUnit, Cobertura, Clover, PMD, findbugs and checkstyle.
- Experience in using Nexus and Artifactory Repository Managers for Maven builds.
- Experience is using Apache Tomcat,.NET Application,JBoss, Oracle Weblogic and IBM WebSphereApplication servers for deployments.
- Experience with Bug tracking tool like JIRA,Remedy
- Managed environments DEV, SIT, QA, UAT and PROD in SDLC for various releases and designed instance strategies
- Ability to work closely with teams, in order to ensure high quality and timely delivery of builds and releases.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot any issues generated while building, deploying and in production support.
- Good Interpersonal Skills, team-working attitude, takes initiatives and very proactive in solving problems and providing best solutions.
Cloud Services: AWS EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, EBS, CloudWatch, CloudFormation AWS Config, S3, Cloud Trail, IAM. VMWare.
Configuration management tools: Ansible Chef, Puppet.
Build and CI/CD tools: ANT, Maven, Hudson/Jenkins.
Programming/scripting: C, Java, Xml, Shell, Perl, Ruby, Python, Groovy, PowerShell, .Net
Database Systems: SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 , Oracle 9i/10g-PL/SQL, MS Access, DB2
Application Servers: JBoss, Apache Tomcat 5.x, IntelliJ IDEA, Oracle WebLogic 10.x/11.x, IBM WebSphere 5.x,6.x,7.0, IIS Server
Automation Test Tools: Quality Center(QC), Selenium, JUnit
SCM Tool: Subversion, GIT, TortoiseSVN, Perforce, Clear case
SDLC: Agile, Scrum, Waterfall
IDE: Eclipse2.3, Rational Application Developer7.0, MS Visual Studio
Platforms: UNIX, Linux 4/5, Ubuntu, CentOS, Fedora, Windows 98/NT/XP/Vista/7/8, iOS
Others: MS Outlook, Informatica, Power Center, Business Objects.
Confidential, Santa Clara, CA
Cloud Devops Engineer
- Designed the overall SCM, CI and Release Management process and workflows
- Implemented branching and strategies and automated release branching process
- Automated the deployments using scripts which execute the automated CI and release management process
- Created a reusable deploy distribution for the system which can be ported to multiple environments without having the need to run separate builds.
- Responsible for managing infrastructure provisioning (S3, ELB, EC2, RDS, Route 53, IAM, security groups - CIDR’s, VCP, NAT) and deployment via SCALR and EC2 Installs with CentOS, Ubuntu and RHEL 6 and Scientific Linux.
- Automate Deployment using configuration Management tool like puppet to provision amazon AWS Instances to enable continuous Deployments
- Worked on Cloud automation using AWS Cloud Formation templates
- Created automation for many AWS specific tasks such as parsing a CSV for automated read/writes into DynamoDB so that changes are source controlled and automated via Jenkins.
- Used Openstack and AWScloud services to launch Linux and windows machines, created security groups and written basic powershell scripts to take backups and mount network shared drives.
- Worked on Installation and configuration of DevOps tool Ansible
- Created various modules and Manifests in Ansible to automate various applications
- Implementing new projects builds framework using Jenkins & maven as build framework tools
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Ansible, Maven & Nexus in Linux environment
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using CloudWatch
- Wrote Bash/Shell/Perl scripts for managing day-to-day transactions &for automation of routine tasks
- Automate all the tool and Product and Integrate together required for company specific product through Cookbooks
- Worked on Redhat5.x and 6.x, SUSE Linux 10.x , Microsoft SCOM hardware platforms and in VMwarevSphere client 5.x virtual environment
- Installing, configuring and maintaining RHEL 5.x, 6.x physical and virtual server.
- Building RHEL 5.x, 6.x and SUSE Linux 10 as a 4-node cluster from scratch using HPSA tool
- Setup monitoring and alerting mechanisms for AWS and private datacenter infrastructure
- Transitioned Infrastructure from private data center to Cloud (AWS)
- Experience with configuration management and automation tools (Ansible/ Docker)
- Managed local deployments in Kubernetes, creating local cluster and deploying application containers. worked with Docker and Kubernetes on multiple cloud providers, from helping developers build and containerize their application (CI/CD) to deploying either on public or private cloud.
- Work with Docker for convenient environment setup the test environments
- Knowledge on Deploying Couchbase, Tomcat and Elasticsearch clusters using Docker.
- Integrated GIT into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process
- Responsible for Database build, release and configuration
- Using Jenkins AWS Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS
- Begin rapidly utilizing AWS with the AWS SDK for .NET
- Used IAM to create new accounts, roles and groups
- AWS Cloud management and Puppet automation
- Integration of Maven/Nexus, Jenkins, Urban Code Deploy with Patterns/Release, GitHub, Confluence, Jira and Cloud Foundry
- Troubleshooted build issues during the Jenkins build process.
- Optimized volumes and EC2 instances
- Configured S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in Glacier
- Resolved system issues and inconsistencies in coordination with quality assurance and engineering teams.
- Member of Continuous Change Management CCM representing changes for Release and environment configuration (TFS on Linux windows platform)
- Perform Deployment of Release to various QA & UAT in Linux environments
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 Auto scaling groups
Environment: CI, AWS Cloud,Azure,OpenStack, PowerShell, Puppet, Jenkins, Maven, Cloudwatch, Cookbooks, Docker, ElasticSearch, JIRA, Python, Ruby, Shell, Perl, GIT, Jenkins, Cobbler, Maven, AWSEC2, WebSphere, ANT, Putty, CONFLUENCE, Java, J2EE, SOA.
Confidential, Frederick, M
- Led a companywide adoption of open source Chef by building Chef Development workflow and best practices around configuration management as well as building a strong and diverse internal Chef community
- Working experience in Azure App & Cloud Services, PaaS, PolyBase, Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Power BI, Azure Blob Storage, Web API, VM creation, ARM Templates,
- Created and maintained continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD) environments to facilitate an agile development process, whichare automated and repeatable enabling teamsto safely deploy code multiple times a day while ensuring operational best practices are supported.
- Backup and recover an Azure Virtual Machines from a Recovery Services vault
- Setup up and maintenance of automated environment using Chef Recipes & cookbooks within AWS environment
- Designed and built a continuous integration and deployment framework for Chef Code using test driven development.
- Experience designing, building, maintaining, and coordinating an automated build/release process using GitHub, Jenkins, Bamboo, Docker, Vagrant.
- Worked on Grub , PXE boot , Chef , Kick-start , Packages, Yum , RPMs, LVM, Boot from SAN, file system configuration.
- Setting up Connection Strings and connecting SQL Server AZURE Databases from locally Installed SQL Server Management Studio(SSMS) for Developer.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT/MAVEN files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements
- Installed/Configured/Managed Jenkins CI Automation
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into Subversion (SVN).
- Installed/Configured and Managed Nexus Repository Manager and all the Repositories.
- Installing CAD cluster Oracle 11g and WebLogic applications 11.x, 12.x on RHEL 5.x and 6.x
- Creating and configuring user accounts and DNS entries.
- Writing shell scripts to accomplish day-to-day system administration task.
- Troubleshooting Hardware and Operating system related issue.
- Experience in writing technical documentation for regulatory and compliance procedures, policies and various other activities that involved
- Involved in .NET APIs for AWS including Amazon S3, Amazon EC2, Amazon DynamoDB
- UsedJIRA as ticket tracking, change management and Agile/SCRUM tool
- Managed VMware Infrastructure/ vSphere5 clusters on Test/Development environments.
- Involved in configuring network bonding and troubleshooting networking issues
- Perform periodic system audits on all environments to ensure that only controlled versions of software reside all environments.
Environment: Subversion(SVN),Azure, Jenkins, Java/J2EE, ANT, Maven, Chef, Tomcat, Perl Scripts, Shell Scripts, XML, UNIX, VMware, vSphere, Nagios, Docker, Bamboo, GitHub,, Oracle, JIRA,.NET
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Build & Release Engineer
- Primary duties include Build and Deployment of the java applications onto different environments like Dev, QA and UAT.
- Involved in Installing Jenkins on a Linux machine and created a master and slave configuration to implement multiple parallel builds through a build farm.
- Developed Shell/Perl Scripts for automation purpose
- Used Subversion as source code repositories
- Used Jenkins, Build forge for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat Application Server
- Used AGILE MVN method to develop a build andANT as a build tool
- Installing, configuring and administering Jenkins CI tool on Linux machines.
- Installed and Configured the Nexus repository manager for sharing the artifacts within the company.
- Involved in writing parent pom files to establish the code quality tools integration
- Involved in Research of the project application architecture to support/resolve build, compile, and test issues/problems.
- Responsible for designing and deploying best SCM processes and procedures
- Worked closely with software developers and DevOps to debug software and system problems
- Maintained and coordinated environment configuration, controls, code integrity, and code conflict resolution.
- Managed SVN repositories for branching, merging, and tagging
- Resolved merging issues during rebasing and re-integrating branches by conducting meetings with Development Team Leads
- Implemented the setup for Master slave architecture to improve the Performance of Jenkins
- Supported and developed tools for integration, automated testing and release management.
- Verified if the methods used to create and recreate software builds are consistent and repeatable.
- Releasing code to testing regions or staging areas according to the schedule published.
- Used JIRAas ticket tracking and work flow tool.
- Coordinated with developers, Business Analyst and Mangers to make sure that code is deployed in the Production environment.
Environment: Linux, Agile, SVN, Shell/Perl Scripts, SCM, Jenkins, Build Forge, Maven and ANT, Tomcat, JIRA,.NET
- Administered, maintained Red Hat 3.0, 4.0, 5.0, 6.0 AS, ES, Troubleshooting Hardware, Operating System Application & Network problems and performance issues; Deployed latest patches for, Linux and Application servers, Performed Red Hat Linux Kernel Tuning.
- Experience in implementing and configuring network services such as HTTP, DHCP, and TFTP.
- Experienced working with Preload Assist and PICS projects.
- Install and configure DHCP, DNS (BIND, MS), web (Apache, IIS), mail (SMTP, IMAP, POP3), and file servers on Linux servers.
- Installing and setting up Oracle9i on Linux for the development team.
- Linux kernel, memory upgrades and swaps area. Red hat Linux Kickstart Installation.
- Capacity Planning, Infrastructure design and ordering systems.
- Created users, manage user permissions; maintain User & File System quota on Red hat Linux.
- Bash shell-scripts to automate routine activities.
- Monitored trouble ticket queue to attend user and system calls.
- Updated data in inventory management package for Software and Hardware products.
- Administered Linux servers for several functions including managing Apache/Tomcat server, mail server, MySQL databases in both development and production.
- Migrated database applications from Windows 2000 Server to Linux server.
- Worked with DBAs on installation of RDBMS database, restoration and log generation.
- Attended team meetings, change control meetings to update installation progress, and for upcoming changes in environment.
- Diagnosed hardware and software problems and provided solution to them.
Environment: Red Hat Linux 3.0,4.0,5.0 AS ES, HP-DL585, Oracle 9i/10g, Samba, VMware Tomcat 3.x,4.x,5.x, Apache Server 1.x,2.x, Bash.