- Extensive experience in network security architecture design, development, and management.
- Strong experienced with network protocols TCP/IP, RIP, EIGIP, OSPF, IS - IS and BGP Worked directly with major ISPs, and government agencies to deploy and support/manage large, complex, highly redundant, scalable IP based and data/voice, converged networks.
- Expertise in, SONET/SDH, DWDM, MPLS, VPN and Confidential .
- Thorough understanding of network and systems security, Defense Information Assurance Vulnerability (IAVA) procedures, DoD’s Information Assurance and Accreditation Process (DIACAP).
Network Technology: TCP/IP, IPv6, MPLS, DWDM, SONET/SDH, HDLP, PPP, MPLS, VoIP, IPSec, PKI, VPN, xDSL, RADIUS, TACACS+, VTP, Wireless Network, Confidential
Routing Protocols: RIPv1, RIPv2, EIGRP, ISIS, OSPF, BGP
Network Systems: Confidential 7010, 5548, ASR9K, Cisco 6500E, 4500E, Cisco ASA5520, PIX, Juniper M40, M20, etc.
Test Tools/Protocols Analyzer: SmartBits, Packet Storm, Wireshark, Iperf, Chariot, NetScout etc.
Network Management: Solarwinds engineer’s toolkits,Splunk, Spectrum, netcool
Network Security: Juniper SRX, Fortinet, Cisco ASA 5520, PIX, FWSM, AWS
NOS: Cisco IOS, Cisco CatOS, Juniper JUNOS
Wireless network: Cisco 5508 Wireless Controller, and Cisco 1252 AP’s
Design and Modeling Tools: OPNET, Wandl
Sr. Network Engineer
- Developed engineering solutions for all Confidential /Charter Data Center network security tasks; and created MOPs and technical solutions for all network security issues, and implemented them.
- Maintain a multi-vendor data center environment; troubleshoots and resolves complex network problems to ensure minimal disruption of critical applications
- Conduct all Infrastructure device upgrades and replacements and mitigate any network security threats.
- Monitor network for performance issues, collects and analyzes network utilization; conducts network assessment and best practice compliant; and created network engineering design and documentation.
- Responsible for new next gen data center OOB network design and implementation.
- Network systems implemented and configured including Confidential 7010, 5548, 2400 Juniper SRX 5800, 240, Cisco 4510RE, 6509E, CRS, ASR9K, FWSM, ASA 5520 etc.
Principle Network Engineer
- Interpret Confidential enterprise network requirements into technical network solutions.
- Architecture, design and Implement Confidential enterprise VVOIP (Voice and Video over IP) network.
- Develop technical solutions for integration of Confidential VVOIP network into Confidential data network and converged enterprise network operations.
- Implemented and configured network systems including Confidential 7010, 5548 Cisco 4510RE, 6509E etc.
Network Architect/Network Manager
- As the network architect and manager, managed and directed network team to provide network operation and engineering support to Confidential Cisco-based enterprise network in the areas of network architecture, design, installation, reconfiguration and testing of network architectures to manage and maintain an unclassified network infrastructure utilizing state-of-art, cutting edge technology.
- Interpret Confidential business requirements into technical network solutions framework.
- Produce technically excellent solutions architecture that is aligned to Confidential short and long term needs and direction.
- Liaise with enterprise, server and applications architects to ensure alignment across technology portfolios.
- Proactively develop technical solutions for Confidential enterprise network engineering and operations
- Conducted personnel management, performance reviews as well as compile team reports outlining weekly s of current projects
Sr. Network Consultant
- Assist with the construction of test lab/plans for Confidential .
- Provide technical guidance in the selection of core architecture, testing tools, testing methodology, and network design required for test execution.
- Document detailed test procedures and network design required as part of a test plan.
- Implement and support Confidential 4G Confidential test-bed infrastructure. Configure routers, switches, bridges, transmission devices, servers, test tools, and vendor specific network elements in support of the creation of test-beds in accordance with test plans.
- Execute tests in accordance with test plans in a lab environment.
- Document the results of tests in a test report.
- Analysis of data resulting from a test and suggest further tests and/or methodology.
- Report, diagnose, and repair network, transmission and/or application errors observed as part of the execution of a test plan.
Sr. Network Architect / Sr. Network Consultant
- Responsible for Confidential ’s IP/ Confidential, metro Ethernet, and access network technical strategic planning and architecture designing.
- Provided network assessment and capacity analysis, defined the MPLS backbone requirements, designed the MPLS architecture, developed RFP for MPLS backbone, defined the tendering process and evaluate tenders proposals, and developed implementation plan.
Sr. Network Engineer/ Sr. IP Strategic Planner
- Developed Pac-West Cisco based IP network measurement baseline; implemented and supported IP network architecture and services provided on Pac-West voice and data networks. Research, engineer, and implement network solutions.
- Design, test, and implement network solutions for projects that run on the network. Introduce new products/services that are to run on the network.
- Responsible for Engineering Testing Lab design and implementation; technical evaluation and implementation of new backbone images that includes project plan generation and test plan creation, testing, and documentation and implementation on production network.
- Focus on expanding and improving the Pac-West data and voice network and its services via a systematic and team approach. Responsibility for investigating, and researching changes which is performed on the network, would increase capacity, improve existing services or features, introduce new network architecture, reduce costs, or increase performance. Overall responsible for Pac-west MPLS-enabled IP over SONET architecture planning, design and deployment
Sr. Network Engineer
- Responsible for Confidential IP backbone network (AS701) planning, design, implementation, and support.
- Duties include the initial systems and IP backbone architecture design, and deployment.
- Define ISIS, OSPF and BGP routing protocol schemes for the Confidential n etwork.
- Provide IP backbone Cisco routers and switches configuration and performance analysis.
- Research and analyze Confidential backbone traffic utilization on Cisco, Fore, and Juniper routers/switches based network, and solve network congestion issues; provide solutions of improvement to optimize network. Duty also including SONET ring planning and support, DAN support, Confidential ISP backbone security policy development.
Sr. Member of Technical Staff
- Collect IP router and ATM switched based network topologies and SNMP/RMON performance data using Confidential Openview in Confidential -UX, NetMetrix, Baynetwork Optivity, CiscoWorks in SunOS/Solaris platform, and NG Sniffer protocol analyzers.
- Build both measurement and functional enterprise data network simulation models using Confidential, provide network simulation results analysis and capacity planning.
- Rsponsible for a network capacity planning and redesign project for the Confidential medical Center enterprise-wide “ Confidential ” network. Duties include analyzing IP router network for capacity planning, modeling and simulation in SunOS/Solaris, Confidential -UX environment; collecting IP and ATM switching based network topology and SNMP/RMON data using Confidential Openview, NetMetrix, CiscoWorks, and NG/W&G Sniffer protocol analyzers.
- Responsible for INS IP router-based enterprise-wide networks capacity planning, modeling and simulation task. Provided INS with five-year enterprise network analyzing, traffic capacity plan and performance model to optimize INS enterprise IP router network.
- Served as a key team member on a project to migrate Confidential /ISN bridged network to a routed TCP/IP network.
- Designed Confidential network infrastructure, IP addressing schemes and LAN/WAN configuration with bridging and routing devices; established a test environment for the routers used in the new network.