- Around 5 years of experience in IT industry in various roles as DevOps Engineer, Cloud Engineer(AWS), Build and Release Engineer, System Administrator.
- Experienced in core AWS services (S3, EC2, ELB, EBS, Route53, VPC, RDS, IAM, SNS, SQS, DynamoDB, auto scaling etc.), deployment services (OpsWorks and Cloud Formation, ECS) and security practices (IAM, Cloud watch and Cloud trail).
- Experience with developing and managing cloud Virtual Machines with AWS EC2.
- Hands on experience in migrating physical Linux/Windows servers to cloud (AWS) and testing. Deploy VM instances through AWS portal.
- Experienced in creating and maintaining various DevOps related tools for the team such as provisioning scripts, deployment tools and staged virtual environments using Docker and Vagrant.
- Built and managed policies for S3 buckets and used S3 bucket, Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Experience with Version control tools like GIT to track changes made by different servers in source.
- Experience with Server Automation and Configuration Management Tools (PUPPET, CHEF, ANSIBLE).
- Experienced in managing the artifacts generated by Maven in the Nexus repository.
- Experienced in installing Docker using Docker tool box and working with Docker to improve our (CD) Continuous Delivery framework to streamline releases.
- Implemented CI/CD allowing for deploy to multiple client Kubernetes/AWS environments.
- Experienced in Issue tracking tool JIRA and hands on experience customizing JIRA projects with various schemas, screen schemes, permission schemes, complex workflows and notification schemes.
- Experienced in developing scripts in XML, Python, Ruby and Shell Scripts for managing various enterprise applications.
- Experienced in build and release automation of Java based applications.
- Extensive experience in Linux/Unix system administration.
- Ability to quickly grasp business domain knowledge and capable of solving problems efficiently using new technologies.
- Excellent communicative, interpersonal, intuitive, analysis and leadership skills with ability to work efficiently in both independent and team work environments.
Versioning Tools: Git, Bit Bucket, Git lab.
CI/CD Tools: Jenkins, Ansible
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN.
DevOps: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Jenkins.
Tracking Tools: JIRA, Splunk.
Scripting: Shell, Bash, Ruby, Python, Power shell, Power Shell Scripts
Virtualization: Kubernetes, Docker
Web Technologies: HTML, Java Script, XML, Servlets, JDBC, JSP
Web/App server: Web logic, Web Sphere, Apache HTTP server, Apache TomcatJBOSS
Cloud Computing: AWS (EC2, ELB, S3, VPC, RDS, Cloud Formation, (IAM)AWS Elastic ache.
Operating System: UNIX, Linux/Solaris, Windows
Others: MS Outlook, Agile, SCRUM, Load Balancing.
Confidential, Miami, FL
- Involved in designing and deploying a large application utilizing almost all the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Beanstalk, SNS, SQS, IAM, ELB, VPC, Cloud Trail, Cloud Watch, Lambda, Cloud Formation) focusing on high availability, fault tolerance, and auto - scaling in AWS Cloud Formation.
- Created the VPC infrastructure & Created the ACLs, Subnets, Route Tables, Internet Gateway and NAT Gateway.
- Strong experience on AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Python, and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache, Nginx.
- Monitoring and Alerting of production and corporate servers such as EC2 and storage such as S3 buckets using AWS Cloud Watch.
- Configured a virtual data center in the Amazon Web services cloud to support Enterprise data warehouse hosting including Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups, Route Table, Elastic Load Balancer.
- Configured IAM to create new accounts, roles and groups. Managing IAM accounts (with MFA) and IAM policies to meet security audit & compliance requirements. Setting up the group policies using JSON.
- Used AWS CLI for EC2 creations and S3 uploads and authenticated downloads. Setup the scripts for creation of new snapshots and deletion of snapshots in RDS.
- Extensively used Docker for virtualization, run, ship, and deploy the application securely for fasten the build/release engineering
- Troubleshooting of different versions of Mongo database systems and cluster configurations to ensure high-availability in various crash scenarios and restoring roll backs to avoid loss of Data.
- Administered RHEL 5, 6, 7, which included installation, testing, tuning, upgrading and loading patches and troubleshooting on VM ware virtualization systems.
- Providing first level support for application software issues in all environments, monitoring run-time environments using tools like New Relic, Cloud Watch.
- Experienced in developing Ansible roles and Ansible Playbooks for the server configuration and Deployment activities.
- Implemented Chef Recipes for Deployment on build on internal Data Centre Servers. Also re-used and modified same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Experience in working on Chef with Knife commands to manage Nodes, Cookbooks, Chef Recipes, Chef attributes, Chef templates.
- Integration of Automated Build with Deployment Pipeline. Currently installed Chef Server and clients to pick up the Build from Jenkins repository and deploy in target environments (Integration, QA, and Production).
- Responsible for building/deploying consistently repeatable build/deployments to company production and non-production environments using JENKINS.
- Developed automation and deployment utilities using Bash, Python and Shell.
- Work as part of a hands-on team to collaborate on designs, implementation, tuning and support of our security systems at various layers.
- 24/7 on call supports for emergency site maintenance and immediate build and install requests.
Environment: AWS EC2, ECS, Cloud trail, VPC, RDS, Route 53, VMware, RHEL, SNS, Lambda, Networking, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, VPC.
Confidential, St. Petersburg, FL
- Worked as Devops engineer for automation of infrastructure operation and support in day to day operation.
- Installed and administered nexus repository and created roles and privileges to restrict access to the users.
- Working for DevOps Platform team responsible for specialization areas related to Chef for Cloud Automation.
- Installed and administered nexus repository and created roles and privileges to restrict access to the users.
- Using Ceph as SDDC created block and object storage.
- TFS workflow and work item management.
- Setup TFS reporting server and built various reports.
- Performed svn to git migration with careful analysis and migrated all branches, tags, along with commit history using git - svn utility.
- Developed build scripts using MAVEN as the build tool for the creation of the build artifacts like war or ear files.
- Automated all Builds using Jenkins.
- Designed and implemented Chef, including the internal best practices, cookbooks, automated cookbook CI and CD system.
- Developed Cookbooks and recipes for automating deployments using Chef.
- Familiar and experienced with Agile Scrum development.
- Used JIRA to track bug issues and change management.
- Assisted release managers and change management coordinators by communicating and coordinating the release activities.
- Prepared weekly productivity reports and submitted test metrics to the management.
Environment: SVN, GIT, ANT, Maven, Jenkins, Agile, Jira, Nexus, Apache Tomcat, Chef.
- Implemented Puppet, Nagios, Splunk, Docker, Ansible.
- Implemented a CI/CD pipeline with Jenkins, GitHub, Nexus, Maven and AWS AMI's.
- Delivered Solutions to improve Cloud architecture, deployment for AWS Private and Public Cloud.
- Managed multiple AWS accounts with multiple VPC's for both production and non-prod where primary objectives included automation, build out, integration and cost control.
- Designed EC2 instance architecture to meet high availability application architecture and security parameters.
- Created S3 buckets and managing policies for S3 buckets and Utilized S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Experience with IaaS, PaaS and SaaS implementations.
- Created and maintained many Cookbooks and Recipes using Ruby language in Chef to speedup automation of various applications, configuration and deployment of software components.
- Responsible for development and version control of Chef Cookbooks, testing of Cookbooks using Test Kitchen and running recipes on nodes managed by on premise Chef Server.
- Utilized Chef to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Database, Users, Mount Points, and Packages.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into Subversion (SVN).
- Written Chef Recipes to automate build/deployment process and perform process improvement to manual processes.
- Used Amazon web services (AWS) as the cloud to migrate existing data from existing servers.
- Responsible for architecting, deploying, and supporting both Open Shift (Docker) to provide IaaS/PaaS for use in utilizing micro services as a strategy.
- Extensively used Docker for virtualization, Ship, Run and Deploy the application securely to fasten Build/Release Engineering.
- Migrating the current code to CI/CD pipeline viz Ant to Gradle, TFS to Git, Teamcity to Jenkins.
- Used Docker machine as a Containerization tool to containerize the applications.
- Installed and configured Jenkins and also created master and slave nodes for handling multiple builds installing plug-in wherever required for the implementation of those builds.
- Configured Jenkins pipeline for auto deployment through continuous integration (Jar build, AMI creation, Integration test, contract test, performance test, deploy in Test environment and then into Production)
- Configured & managed source code by Git and resolved code merging conflicts with application developers.
Environment: Git, Jenkins, GitHub, Nexus, Maven and AWS, Chef, Splunk.
- Managed and worked with various instances of EC2, creating AMI's, managing EBS volumes and configuring security groups, elastic ip's etc.
- Experience in automating all aspects of infrastructure, application and configuration management using chef, AWS (amazon web services).
- Experience with AWS S3 services creating buckets, configuring buckets with permissions, logging, versioning and tagging.
- Worked with IAM service creating new IAM users & groups, defining roles and policies and identify providers.
- Worked with amazon command line to manage EC2 and other services.
- Worked on continuous integration, development and release of a project using Agile methodologies to facilitate better production and development environment.
- Work with different team members for automation of release components.
- Responsible for deployment automation using multiple tools chef, Jenkins, GIT, ANT scripts.
- Carried out deployments and builds on various environments using Jenkins continuous integration tool.
- Worked in all areas of Jenkins setting up CI for new branches, build automation, plugin management and securing Jenkins and setting up master/slave configurations.
- Installed Jenkins on a Linux machine and created a master and slave configuration through a build farm for implementation of multiple parallel builds.
- Installed and administrated various tools like Jenkins, chef and executed maintenance tasks such as creating users and groups.
- Implemented a CI/CD pipeline involving GitLab, Jenkins, chef, Docker to complete the automation from commit to deployment.
Environment: Jenkins, GIT, Java, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Python, Perl, AWS, GIT, Apache Webserver, Linux.