- Over 8+ years of professional IT experience in Distributed Version Control Systems, Continuous Integration - Deployment (CI-CD), Configuration Management, Containerization, AWS Cloud Solutions and Azure
- Extensive experience in Linux/Unix System Administration at Redhat EL 5.x, 6.x, Ubuntu, AIX, Fedora, Windows Environments, Debian, CentOS 5.x, Suse, Oracle Enterprise Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris 8,9,10 and VMware V-Sphere ESX/ESXi environment
- Hands on experience with Distributed Version control systems like GIT, SubVersion (SVN) and Clearcase
- Expertise in Build and Release Management tools, experienced with CI-CD tools like Jenkins, Hudson and Buildforge, Bamboo. Where able to streamline the code delivery process from developer’s workstations to Production systems
- Extensively worked in the Configuration Management(CM) space with the objective to convert "Infrastructure as code", hands on experience in CM tools like Chef, puppet and Ansible
- Worked on Virtualization and Containerization, setup Virtual Machines through VMware, and setup closely encapsulated environments config and artifacts containers with Docker, managed and scaled containers through Kubernetes and Rancher farms
- Extensive experience with AWS Cloud Solutions and its features such as EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, AutoScaling, IAM, SNS, SQS, Dynamo DB, Route 53, Elastic search and CloudWatch
- Developed and managed cloud VMs through AWS EC2. Implemented DNS service through Route 53 on ELBs to achieve secured connection via httpsBuilt and managed policies for S3 buckets and used S3 bucket, Glacier for storage and backup on AWS
- Experience in setup end-end environment by defining DNS records, LoadBalancer VIP’s, Apache Proxies and backend Tomcat/WebLogic services along with registering authentication SiteMinder services and other dependent services. Hands on DHCP, NFS, Send mail, Samba, SSH, HTTP and RPM package management
- Experience with configuration and maintaining Jenkins and Jenkins pipeline. Experience with deployment and configuration of Docker infrastructure on CentOS
- Implemented Ansible to manage servers and automate the build and configuration of new servers. Worked on container-based technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, and Openshift
- Experience in Windows and Linux systems in public clouds such as Azure and AWS. Experience with Docker containers and platforms such as ECS, Kubernetes swarm
- Proficient in handling the aspects of Installation, Configuration, Clustering, Deploying Applications, Load Balancing, Performance Tuning Tomcat/Weblogic Server instances in Production and Test environments
- Technical Subject Matter Expertise (SME) capable of partnering with resources across various disciplines, lines-of-business, and vendors in Thread Dump, Heap dump analysis, Performance Tuning, and troubleshooting of Garbage Collection, Performance issues
- Familiar with Atlassian tool stack such as JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence, Hipchat and BambooInstalled, Configured, Managed Monitoring Tools such as Splunk, Nagios, eHealth and AppDynamics for Resource Monitoring/Network/Monitoring/Log Trace Monitoring. Extensive knowledge of NIM, Jumpstart and Kick start.
- Excellent Interpersonal, Presentation and Communication skills, Easy to work with and Proven Team Player
Operating Systems: Linux Red Hat, Linux CentOS, Unix, Ubuntu, A|X, Mac OS, Windows
Version Control Tools: SVN, GIT, TFS, IBM and CVS Rational Clear Case.
Web/Application Servers: Web Logic, Apache Tomcat, Web Sphere, Blade Logic Server and JBOSS.
Automation Tools: Jenkins/Hudson, DevOps CI/CD, Udeploy, Artifactory and Build Forge.
Build Tools: Maven, Ant and MS Build.
Configuration Tools: Terraform, CloudFormation, Chef, Puppet, salt and Ansible.
Databases: Oracle DB2, My Sql, MS Access and SQL Server
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Remedy, HP Quality Center and IBM Clear Quest.
Scripting: Shell, Bash, Perl, Ruby and Python.
Virtualization Tools: Docker, Kubernetes, VM virtual Box and VMware.
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Cloud watch, Splunk, Zabbix.
Cloud Platform: Microsoft Azure, AWS EC2, VPC, ELB, RDS, Route 53, ECS, EBS, Cloud formation, AWS Config, Microsoft Azure, Google cloud.
Languages: C/C++, Java, C#.Net, VB.Net, PHP and PL/SQL.
Confidential, San Diego, CA
Sr. AWS/DevOps Engineer
- Lead efforts and work collaboratively with Client Personnel to design and document the appropriate DevOps Solutions that will support business objectives and developer communities such as Configuration Management, Continuous Integration/Deployment, Cloud, IaaS, PaaS, and Self-Service deployment automation platforms.
- Worked on various AWS services such as EC2, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancer (ELB) to build flexible and secure systems that can handle the expected load
- Managed Linux and Windows servers on Amazon EC2 using Puppet
- Worked on creating AWS S3 Buckets and Glacier vaults for archive and backup uses
- Created AWS migration roadmaps by integrating the structures of different stages in the organization.
- Created AWS Launch configurations based on customized AMI and use this launch configuration to configure auto scaling groups and Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, DynamoDB, Route53, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups
- Provisioned the highly available EC2 Instances using Terraform and CloudFormation on AWS
- Worked on bootstrapping instances using Ansible and integrating it with auto-scaling
- Collaborated with conferring and managing services to construct and execute migration designs
- Involvement in arranging custom Ansible Playbooks and Puppet modules to organize the machines in various environments with proper versions
- Worked on Splunk platform to manage the AWS Instances and monitor the generic data on S3 Buckets
- Experience in working on Simple Email Service(SES) and Simple Queue Service(SQS)
- Worked on managing the private cloud environment using Chef
- Involved in Configuration Automation and Centralized management with Ansible and Implemented Ansible Playbooks to manage all existing servers and automate build/configuration of new servers.
- Worked on deployment automation of all the Microservices to pull images from private Docker registry and deploy to Docker swarm cluster using Ansible
- Created a new Virtual Private Cloud with all the resources that are required for the project using CloudFormation service
- Managed to automate all the AWS services including security groups, EC2, S3 and Databases by developing Python Scripts
- Working on Building and Deploying various code through Jenkins, Developed Maven scripts to automate build process
- Worked on building servers using AWS imploring volumes, launching EC2, RDS, creating Security groups, Elastic Load Balancers (ELB’s) in defined virtual private connection
- Configured Nagios to monitor EC2 Linux instances
- Worked on creating IAM roles and policies for user accounts for immediate access to the instance
- Knowledge on Docker Hub, creating Docker images and handling multiple images for installations and domain configurations
- Research and implement new tools such as Kubernetes with Docker to assist with auto-scaling, continuous integration, rolling updates with no downtime
- Developed Cluster container environment in AWS using Docker and Kubernetes to manage dozens of Microservices
- Created infrastructure for many clusters of different instances as per components in cluster using Terraform for creating multiple EC2 instances and attaching volumes using EBS service
- Worked on JIRA as ticket tracking and work flow tool
- Worked on backing up instances periodically by using S3 to save snapshots of data and retrieving when required
- Created a Network Interface Card(NIC) and attached to EC2 instance in AWS which can be accessed using VPC
Environment: AWS (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, Cloud Trail and Route 53), AWSCLI, Cloud Formation, Lambda, RHEL 7, Docker Data Center, Chef, Git, Puppet SVN, J2EE, NodeJS, .Net Core, Selenium, Kafka, Redis, Maven, Oracle Web Logic, SOA, OpenStack, Jenkins, Terraform, Shell Scripting, Ruby, SonarQube, JIRA
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Sr. DevOps Engineer
- Worked on version control tools like GIT, Subversion and software build tools like Maven to enable continuous delivery into several environments of development, test and production
- Worked with AWS services like Glacier, ELB (Elastic Load Balancer), RDS, SNS, SWF, Lambda, IAM and hands on experience with Amazon Web Services provision
- Managed to develop a Continuous Deployment/Continuous Integration environment using GIT, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Chef, Maven and Docker to complete automation from commit to deployment
- Worked on managing DNS zones using Route53 and gave public DNS names to elastic load balancers
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation template to create custom sized VPC, Subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of web applications and database templates
- Worked on Elastic Beanstalk for quick deployment of services like EC2Instances, Load Balancer and databases on AWS environment
- Configured, installed and maintained Ngnix webserver
- Expertise in Chef for configuration management and infrastructure automation
- Maintained and administered GIT source tool
- Managed extensive use of Ansible, GIT to manage build/deploy tasks including continuous integration
- Worked on uploading code in GitHub and generating build number using Teamcity
- Created CloudWatch alerts in AWS
- Able to create Python and Bash scripts for system administration and automation like transferring files among servers
- Worked on Python scripts to deploy applications from Jenkins to remote server
- Used Tomcat appserver for deploying the artifacts
- Experience in using CloudFormation templates to provision and auto deploy EC2instances and integrated with Chef Recipes to deploy web services
- Worked on JIRA with Jenkins to automate the weekly build process. Used JIRA workflows to automate deployment and issue tracking
- Integrate with Jenkins for CD/CI pipeline with GIT
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, node.js, Python, Yaml and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache and IIS
- Created build and deployment jobs in Jenkins for various components
- Worked on creating python scripts to deploy applications from Jenkins to remote server
- Worked on creating Docker Containers and Docker registry for managing the application life cycle
- Developed Docker containers for testing the selenium scripts for the admin console and successfully integrated the automated tests on Docker for performing Continuous Integration.
- Used MySQL, DynamoDB and Elastic cache to perform basic Data Base administration
- Worked on Docker container snapshots, attaching to a running container, removing images and managing containers
Environment: Java/J2ee, Subversion, Maven, Selenium, Jenkins, Zabbix, GIT, SVN, Chef, cloud watch, Azure, AWS (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, Cloud Trail and Route 53), Shell Scripting, Ruby, PUTTY, CONFLUENCE, SOA
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Sr. DevOps Engineer
- Involved different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases.
- Worked on creating ANT scripts to build and deploy Java/J2EE, Oracle ADF and Oracle SOA based enterprise applications to WebLogic Application Servers.
- Managed Elastic Cloud Computing (EC2) instances utilizing auto scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and CHEF
- Created the UDeploy templates for components and applications, on boarded around 200 apps into UDeploy to achieve continuous integration
- Maintained high availability in the Hadoop Cluster environment, Responsible for the new and existing administration of Hadoop infrastructure
- Used Cloud Watch to create alarms, monitor and notifications in EC2 hosts
- Migrated present Linux environment to AWS/CentOS/RHEL by creating and executing a migration plan per the scheduled timeline
- Managed AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Puppet
- Worked with configuration management tools like Chef to implement/maintain Puppet manifests for configuring and automating the process of setting up tools/Libraries in Virtual machine server environment
- Integrated Maven with Subversion to manage and deploy project related tags, Setup the Maven remote internal secure repository with access restricted to team members
- Installed and administered Nexus repositories to deploy the artifacts generated by Maven and to store the dependent jars that were used during the build
- Installed and configured Jenkins tools on Linux and Windows platforms, managed slaves and installed Jenkins plugins, Streamlined the build process for Fortify scan of codes from manual to automated mode by setting up Jenkins Automation environment, thus reducing manual error prone, build time with no logging in to the machine required
- Administered the Hudson/Jenkins CI servers, HP Quality Center, HP Fortify, build servers and code collaborators
- Installed and configured the Sonar server and client configured Jenkins jobs to run Sonar analysis jobs
- Configured Bamboo Build jobs for the pre-deployment process (DB execution and environment configuration changes etc.) in both QA and preproduction environments
- Worked closely with the development and operations teams to implement the necessary tools and process to support the automation of builds, deployments, testing and infrastructure (infrastructure as code) using Chef
- Developed Chef recipes to configure, deploy and maintain software components of the existing infrastructure
- Set up Jenkins continuous integration builds for all releases in Windows and Linux, involved in meetings with the development managers to create, manage and maintain the SCM plan standards and procedures
- Integrated Maven with subversion to manage and deploy the project related tags, Installed and administered Nexus repository to deploy the artifacts generated by Maven and to store the dependent jars which were used during the build
- Installed and configured Jenkins tools on Linux and Windows platforms, managed slaves and installed Jenkins plugins
- Presented weekly system status reports and maintained documentation reports.
Environment: AWS Cloud, Solaris, Apache, Hadoop, Apache Tomcat, LDOMs, UDeploy, SAN, NAS, Kickstart, Maven, Nexus, Jenkins, Blade Logic, Hudson, HP Quality Center, HP Fortify, Bamboo, Chef, Puppet.
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Perform analysis on best practices and emerging concepts in DevOps, Infrastructure Automation, and Enterprise Security
- Designed and managed public/private cloud infrastructures using Amazon Web Services (AWS), which includes VPC, EC2, S3, Cloud Front, Lambda, ELB and Elastic Beanstalk.
- Implemented CI/CD for J2EE & .Net Environments using Jenkins, uDeploy & TFS.
- Setup and Build Docker for QA, STG & PROD Environments on RHEL.
- Automated the Cloud Deployments using AWS Cloud Formation.
- Developed Chef Recipes to configure, deploy and maintain software components of the existing Infrastructure.
- Customize Chef Cookbooks and configure chef servers to automate server deployment.
- Setup and Install Chef workstation, Chef Server and bootstrapping the Chef Clients using knife.
- Configure Knife to manage chef-server, spin new instances, package installs and config changes on client node.
- Developing Cookbooks, Recipes, Resources and Run lists, managing the Chef Client nodes, and upload the Cookbooks to chef-server from Workstation.
- Manage Chef Server in pushing the config changes to client nodes, monitoring the logs and security.
- Provided configuration management expertise to all software development projects using Enterprise Puppet.
- Identify and develop best-practice processes and tools for application development teams to drive Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment on Cloud, by utilizing third party tools.
- Work with geographically distributed software engineering teams to support the applications and infrastructure of the enterprise
- Proposed industry best branching strategies and created branches to implement parallel development in fast paced agile environment.
- Created MS Build to automate the build process for the new projects and integrated them with third party tools like Sonar, Nexus.
- Downloaded the necessary dependencies and plugins from the NuGet repository during the build.
- Integrated the existing Ant scripts to automate the code quality report generation process for the existing legacy-based applications.
- Responsible for creating and managing projects in Jenkins for various environments like development, QA, UAT and production and continuous integration with SONAR.
- Created Build Agents to implement the Distributed Computing for Build & Deploy Process.
- Tracked all the changes in JIRA tracking tool and provided metrics reporting for the project release activities.
- Work directly with Project Managers to establish and create & design the release plan.
- Identify and coordinate deployment of appropriate modules to various test environments and production environments.
- Work closely with developers to pinpoint and provide early warnings of common build failure.
- Involved in Installing and configuring TFS distributed version control tool.
- Written pre-commit, post-commit, post-receive hooks in TFS.
Environment: AWS (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, Cloud Trail and Route 53), AWSCLI, Cloud Formation, Lambda, RHEL 7, Docker Chef, Puppet, Git, OpenStack, Selenium, J2EE,VSTS, Maven, Oracle Web Logic, SOA, Jenkins, TFS, MS Build, Shell Scripting, SonarQube, JIRA
- Support large mission critical Customer care and Billing applications hosted on DMZ interface, the Infrastructure comprised of Middleware technologies F5/Apache/WebLogic/SOA/OSB hosted on operating systems - Solaris, Linux and Windows NT/2000
- Installation, Configuration, Troubleshooting and Maintenance of WebLogic Server 8.1 sp6, WebLogic 10.2/11g, SOA11g, OSB11g and Apache 2.0/2.2.x Web servers, Install/Upgrade NetCracker custom applications
- Load Balancing, Clustering, Deploying Applications, Performance Tuning and Maintenance of WebLogic Instances. Monitoring WebLogic server health and security
- Deploy SOA Composite application/services, Configuration and Administration of OSB, OBAM and Oracle SOA Suite 11g and its components
- Deploy J2EE applications JAR, WAR, and EAR files in domain and clustered environments, Developing WLST scripts and auto deployment scripts such as OSB export and import scripts, SOA application deployment scripts
- Monitor, troubleshoot and tune Oracle Service Bus, Oracle SOA Suite 11g components
- Integrate Services through Adapters
- Work closely with DBA in creating SOA 11g schemas using RCU tool and implementation of SOA purge scripts
- JDBC Connection Pool and Multipool configuration with Oracle, MySql, DB2 and SqlServer, etc
- Upgradation of WebLogic servers in development, testing and production environment and applying patch and service packs
- Involved in Performance Tuning - Configure and maintain the scheduled tasks like Thread dumps, log files backup, setting up alerts, collection of box statistics data like vmstat, iostat, sar, netstat etc and Providing proactive monitoring and space management of the application
- Monitoring Garbage collection through various utilities like JSTAT on local servers and remote servers. Invocation of Java Hotspot on recent Java SDK and allocation of Heap sizes Min and Max and stacksize on the same. Running Jprofiler for monitoring the same
- Monitoring thread usage, connection pool usage, CPU usage, Memory usage and preparing reports for the performance tests, dry run tests and load tests conducted on the Application Servers
- Lead the team in Migration of QA, UAT and SIT environments to new hardware, streamlined the cloning process for migration activities which drastically cut down the process time and avoid installing applications from scratch
- Involve in configuration management, software deployment, change management, performance monitoring, and application maintenance
- Work with DBA team for Oracle database installation, restoration, performance issues, network related issues on Unix Servers and with vendors for hardware related issues
- Creating security roles, group policy, user authentication, auditing and authorization. Work on Web Security tools- LDAP Server, SSL Certificates and client authentication
- Configuring Web Logic Plug-ins for Apache Web Server and configured load balancing and fail-over solutions
- Rotational assignment 24/7 on-call support for multiple customer applications and environments including real-time monitoring and troubleshooting
Environment: WebLogic 10.x/9.x/8.x, OSB11g, SOA11g, Weblogic portal server 9x, Jboss 4.3, Apache 2.0.x, Solaris 8.0/9.0/10, Windows 2000/2003, RHEL 3.0AS,AIX 4.3/5.1/5.2, Aqualogic, BPM Oracle 9i/10g, Novel LDAP, Shell scripting, Clear Case UNIX shell scripting, AWK, WLST tool