- Around 9+ years of experience in IT industry working as a Build and Release Engineer in packing, automating, building, deploying, and releasing of code from one environment to another environment.
- Experience working in a DevOps Environment as a DevOps engineer working on various technologies/ applications like ANT, Maven, Gradle, GIT, SVN, Jenkins, Bamboo, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Docker, AWS and Azure.
- Excellent understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile and SCRUM methodologies.
- Experience in Administration of Production, Development and Test environment's carrying Windows, Red Hat Linux, Centos servers.
- Installation and administration of RHEL 4.0/5.0, Configured kickstart server and updating/applying patches to the servers using Red Hat Satellite server.
- Experience in managing applications using AWS Cloud which includes services like: EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, AMI, SNS, SQS, RDS, IAM, Route 53, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, AWS Lambda, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, OPS Work, Security Groups.
- Experience in Microsoft Windows Azure (PAAS and IAAS) technology and Azure Components (Fabric, RDFE, Storage, CDN, Azure Websites, and WATM) automation Testing.
- Writing PowerShell scripts as TFS Build steps to implement multiple business rules. These rules call REST APIs to read Git pull requests, read and update work items, trigger builds, and abort builds if rules are not met. These are consumed by all build definitions and Git repos using submodules.
- Writing Customized Deployment Process templates for deploying source bits to Dev/QA/UAT/PROD Environments using PowerShell, Microsoft Octopus, MS deploy & TFS.
- Good working Knowledge in Clouds , OpenShift and Redhat.
- Good understanding of OpenShift platform in managing Docker containers and Kubernetes Clusters.
- Got good knowledge with Mesos but worked mostly with the docker and Kubernetes .
- Good Knowledge on setting up Apache Mesos /Zookeeper/Marathon framework.
- Deep understanding and experience in latest messaging services like Apache Kafka.
- Experienced in using Kafka for streaming of data.
- Hands of experience on application server maintenance and J2EE application deployment in application servers like Apache, Tomcat, IBM Web Sphere, and Oracle Web logic.
- Installed Pivotal Cloud Foundry on EC2 to manage the containers created by PCF. Used Docker to virtualize deployment containers and push the code to EC2 Cloud using PCF.
- Experience in using virtualization tools like Virtual Box, VMware and provisioning virtual machines using Vagrant.
- Experience managing various enterprise level LAMP stack and Java applications.
- Experienced in cloud automation and cloud server/server less frameworks PCF .
- Hands on experience in creating pods and managing on the cluster environment on Kubernetes.
- Experience in using Nexus Antifactory Repository Managers for ANT, Maven and Gradle Builds.
- Excellent knowledge on JAVA/J2EE and the ability of developing XML, HTML, Shell Scripts and Perl Scripts.
- Good knowledge in analysis issues with firewalls, networks, private and public VIPs.
- Excellent Knowledge on TFS and .Net with Visual Studio Team services in Build code and Release.
- Experience in developing code with VSTS in CI and used in .net Application frameworks.
- Experience in designing end to end automation of infrastructure and continuous delivery of the applications by integrating cloud formation scripts, Jenkins, AWS and Chef Cookbooks and recipes.
- Configured Chef infrastructure. Setup chef infrastructure for various environments. Used opensource chef, chef - solo and chef-zero. Also, written various cookbooks for infrastructure automation.
- Configuring and maintaining Puppet master server, creating modules and pushing them to puppet clients around hundreds of servers.
- Used PowerShell for DevOps in windows-based system.
- Hands on exp. On website code and website patch Deployment and deployment tools like UDeploy (IBM), URelease, GIT, Jenkins, Antifactory.
- Strong experience with messaging systems like JMS using RabbitMQ .
- Experienced in Server monitoring, capacity planning, application monitoring with the help of Nagios, Cloud Watch and Splunk.
- Performed automation engineer tasks and implemented the ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Kibana) for AWS EC2 hosts.
- Designed and worked with team to implement ELK (elastic search, log stash and Kibana) Stack on AWS.
- Extensive experience in developing and maintaining build, deployment scripts for test, Staging and Production environments using Bash, Shell, Python, Ruby, Go and Perl scripts.
- Bazel provides tooling which helps developers to create bit-identical reproducible build outputs.
- An in depth understanding of Scala programming language along with lift framework.
- Good knowledge on writing queries for Couchbase and SQL.
- Implemented the NoSQL databases like Casandra and later HBase, the management of the other tools and process observed running on MongoDB.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot any issues generated while building, deploying. Experienced in production support in addition to scheduling and running, automating jobs using Cronjobs.
- Experience in using protocols like HTTP, SSL, DHCP, DNS, LDAP and assisted developers in troubleshooting.
- Experience with Atlassian tools like Bamboo, Jira, and confluence.
- Worked on Confluence and Jira for issue tracking for smooth visibility across the platform.
- Handled on-call rotation to provide 24*7 support for client's infrastructure.
- Excel l en t comm uni cati v e, i nt er per sona l, i nt u i ti v e, ana l y si s and l ead er shi p sk i l l s w it h abi l i t y to w or k eff i ci ent l y i n bo t h i nd epende nt and t eamw or k env ir onm ent s.
Version Control Tools: Git, SVN, Perforce, GitHub, Atlassian Bitbucket, GitLab s
Languages: C, C++, .Net, java, PHP, Python, Shell, Perl, Ruby, Go.
Build ToolsL: Apache ANT, Maven, Gradle, Microsoft Build, jam, Bazel.
Databases: Oracle 9i/10g/11g/12c, MySQL, DB2, MongoDB, Cassandra.
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, TeamCity, Atlassian Bamboo.
Artefact Repository Management Tools: Nexus, JFrog.
Configuration Management Tools: Puppet, Chef, Ansible.
Containerization/Orchestration: Docker, Apache Mesos, Marathon, Prometheus, Kubernetes, ECS.
Cloud Providers: AWS, Azure, Open Stack, PCF.
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, REMEDY, IBM ClearQuest.
Monitoring Tools: NAGIOS, Splunk, Zabbix, Cloud Watch.
Operating Systems/Virtualization Tools: Linux, Windows Servers, Ubuntu, Virtual Box, VMware.
Application Servers/ Middleware: Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere, JBOSS.
Confidential, Rochester, MN
Sr. DevOps Engineer
- Automated Build and Deployment process-setup Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment of applications onto different environments like Dev, QA and Production.
- Implemented Continuous Integration and Delivery framework using GitHub, Jenkins, Gradle, Nexus, Chef.
- Developing and maintaining the build environment, the source code control system and managing build packages using TFS.
- Used Team Foundation Server as versioning tool and the IDE made use of for coding purposes is MS Visual studio 2012/2010.
- Designed and developed Web Forms using ASP.NET, C#.NET and Visual Studio.
- Worked with Visual Studio 2010, .NET Framework 3.5/4.0 to implement Business Logic.
- Provided Support for OpenShift application deployment in Production Environment.
- Developed build and Deployment Scripts using Gradle as build tool in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Installed and configured Nexus repository manager for sharing artifacts between internal teams.
- Automated the migration of SVN repositories to GIT while preserving the commit history and other metadata like branches, tags and authors.
- Created, maintained and administered GitHub as Source control manager and GitHub branch management and merging to facilitate collaboration between development teams and Configured Web hooks for push events on GitHub to trigger a build automatically on Jenkins.
- Setup Octopus Deploy tool to automate .Net deployments across different projects.
- Responsible for performing both Staging and Production deployments using deployment preparation and setup deployment PowerShell scripts and via tools which includes like Octopus .
- Design included high availability and elastic controllers managing application, MySQL and web server clusters on virtual machines running under OpenStack initialized via Chef Cookbook recipes.
- Conceptualized a CI infrastructure using a combination of Python, Chef, Vagrant + Virtual Box, and Jenkins to perform automated installation and API level testing for an OpenStack platform product deployed on bare metal systems.
- Created and Maintained Chef Recipes and cookbooks to simplify and expedite deployment of applications and mitigate user error.
- Written wrapper scripts to automate deployment of cookbooks on nodes and running the Chef client on them in a Chef-Solo environment.
- Used Chef cookbooks from Chef Supermarket and created custom wrapper cookbooks.
- Responsible for the Continuous Delivery pipeline given to all application teams as they on-board to Jenkins as a part of migration.
- Design and development of Java applications that access relational databases through JPA framework.
- Configured Jenkins jobs with the Gradle scripts for various deployments of JAVA/J2EE enterprise applications.
- Configured Jenkins Jobs to work with U Deploy for post build kick-offs.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins and deploy applications to various environments using UDeploy.
- Developed and designed continuous integration pipeline and integrated using Git, Jenkins, SonarQube.
- Administrating, installation, configuration of SonarQube Software and scan the code analysis.
- Prepare Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, along with code quality check, using Git, Jenkins, SonarQube, Maven, Nexus for Java based applications.
- Worked with the groovy scripts in Jenkins to execute jobs for a continuous integration pipeline where ‘Groovy Jenkins Plugin’ and ‘Groovy Post-Build Action Plugin’ is used as a build step and post build actions.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environments needs. And, configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Expertise in troubleshoot and resolve problems and issues in OpenShift Container Platform infrastructure.
- Experience in a customer-facing role using OpenShift .
- Designed and built highly available private cloud and migrating large production systems on PCF.
- Experience in Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) Installation, configuration and maintenance.
- Managing the multi-tier and multi-region architecture using AWS Cloud Formation and Automating the Cloud Formation using Terraform.
- Deployed OpenShift Container Platform in both public and private cloud.
- In-depth knowledge of AWS automation services - Cloud Formation templates, Terraform.
- Experienced with installation of AWS CLI to control various AWS services through SHELL/BASH scripting.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java.
- Support Experience with automation testing tools like Selenium for Java Application.
- Used Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, Config Maps, selector, Services and deployed application containers as Pods.
- Installed and configured Kubernetes to manage Docker containers.
- Helped convert VM based application to microservices and deployed as a container managed by Kubernetes.
- Handled large volumes of container clusters with Docker swarm, Kubernetes and Mesos.
- User Group creation, monitoring and maintaining log for system status/health using Linux commands and Nagios system monitor.
- Setup monitoring in Nagios through Chef (roles, nodes, data bags) in JSON and wrote some custom monitoring Cookbooks as needed.
- Experience in building REST API (Micro Services) using NodeJS , Express-JS, and MongoDB.
- Experience in setting up ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Log stash and Kibana).
- Administration of the tools with this order Team city, GitHub, JIRA, Confluence, Puppet, Octopus Deploy and ELK stack.
- Manage Confluence trouble shooting, permissions, and workflows.
- Involved in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plug-ins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
- Administered and troubleshot failed deployment of infrastructure via Nagios and ELK.
- Performed S3 buckets creation, policies and on the IAM role based polices and customizing the JSON template.
- Involved in scrum meetings, product backlog and other scrum activities in collaboration with respective teams
Environment: AWS, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, OpenStack, TFS, GIT, Jenkins, Gradle, Octopus, UDeploy, JIRA, Docker, Kubernetes, Linux, Apache Tomcat, MongoDB, WebSphere, Python script, Ruby script, MySQL.
Confidential, Birmingham, AL
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications through the agile process Using DevOps tools.
- Worked with Development and QA teams to continuously integrate software development using Maven, GIT, Jenkins.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using Maven as build tool in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments and Involved in editing the existing Maven files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Involved in release and deployment of large-scale C#, Website and Web applications using TFS repository.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin, Mavenization of JAVA projects and managing Maven repositories.
- Used Aws Lambda for Server less code compiling and Kinesis for the product development.
- Implemented continuous delivery pipeline involving Jenkins, Ansible to complete the automation from commit to deployment.
- Debug and resolve Pre-Post OpenStack deployment failures.
- Created playbooks for OpenStack deployments and bug fixes with Ansible.
- Hands on experience in automating builds and deployment process using Shell scripting .
- Used the Application Server Admin (JBOSS/ Tomcat) to manage the systems remotely using Ansible and using Linux.
- Developed the solution from the ground up which utilizes: Spring Tool Suite, Spring Boot, Maven, Java 8, Eclipse, a RESTful microservices architectures using JPA (Java Persistence API), JDBC, Hibernate, MySQL, and Ubuntu 16.
- Incorporated Ansible and Vagrant to provision testing environments and model network configuration changes.
- Dockerized the java Spring Boot micro service application by writing the Docker file as required.
- Used RHEL Atomic host as the Docker host and did a proof of concept with a use case of 3 tier web-app-db. java application to host with in Docker containers.
- Wrote AWS Lambda functions in python for AWS's Lambda which invokes python scripts to perform various transformations and analytics on large data sets in EMR clusters.
- Used the AWS-CLI to suspend an AWS Lambda function processing an Amazon Kinesis stream, then to resume it again.
- Implemented DNS service through Route 53 on ELBs to achieve secured connection via HTTPS.
- Implemented AWS Lambda functions to run scripts in response to event in Amazon Dynamo DB table or S3 bucket or to HTTP requests using Amazon API Gateway.
- Experienced in AWS Elastic Beanstalk for app deployments and worked on AWS Lambda with Amazon.
- Achieved Continuous Delivery on high scalable environment, used Docker coupled with Nginx.
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services ( AWS ) & configuration management using Ansible .
- Installed Ansible Tower and wrote playbooks, created roles to rollout configurations to different environments.
- Created playbooks for AWS deployments and bug fixes with Ansible .
- Built a configuration driven API which can work with multiple messaging systems like RabbitMQ and WebSphere MQ.
- Creating Cloud Formation scripts for hosting software on AWS cloud and automating the installation of software through PowerShell scripts.
- Deployment of Cloud service including Jenkins and Nexus using Terraform.
- Worked with Nexus repository manager to proxy, collect, and manage the dependencies on the collection of JARs.
- Configuration and maintenance Apache Tomcat Servers and manage Linux and Windows virtual servers on AWS EC2.
- Developed Open Stack API to integrate with Amazon EC2 cloud-based architecture in AWS , including creating machine Images.
- Employed automation, utilizing PowerShell and batch scripting best practices and Cloud Formation templates, to ensure repeatable deployments and for automating the AMI image deployment.
- Used Scala collection framework to store and process the complex consumer information. Based on the offers setup for each client, the requests were post processed and given offers.
- Use Kafka for publishing and consuming the updates to the inventory and calculate the immediately sellable quantity.
- Involved in writing code with Scala which has support for functional programming.
- Experience on implementation of a log producer in Scala that watches for application logs, transform incremental log and sends them to a Kafka and Zookeeper based log collection platform.
- Developed quality code adhering to Scala coding Standards and best practices .
- Used JIRA tool to track all the defects and changes related to Build and Release Team.
- Have used Confluence to create, share and discuss content and projects.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch, creating automated build and release environment using CI/CD Tools like Jenkins.
- Creating Cloud Watch alerts for instances and using them in Auto scaling launch configurations and configure Route 53.
Environment: AWS, Maven, GIT, MySQL, TFS, LINUX, Jenkins, MongoDB, Microservices, Docker, Kubernetes, JIRA, Ansible, Apache Tomcat, Bash script, PowerShell and Shell Script.
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
- Connected continuous integration system with GIT version control repository and continually build as the check-inn's come from the developer.
- Installing, configuring and maintaining Continuous Integration, Automation and Configuration Management tools to make the Azure cloud setup.
- Used Ant as build tool on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Expertise in deploying artifacts like WAR, JAR using Puppet on QA, PROD Environments.
- Worked on Continuous Integration System i.e. Jenkins . Used Jenkins for official nightly build, test and managing change list. Installed Multiple Plugins for smooth build and release build pipelines. we performed different tasks to ensure the application security like continuously monitoring various infrastructures components, performing Vera code scans before each release, performing code reviews to identify the hard-coded passwords etc.
- Experience to build CI/CD Pipeline to automate the code release process using Integration tools like GIT, GitHub, Jenkins and artifact repo. Used Shell script to perform testing on Jenkins.
- Installing and configuring Jenkins, installing plug-in, configuring security, creating a master and slaves for implementation of multiple parallel builds.
- Installed and configured monitoring tools Nagios for monitoring the network bandwidth and the hard drives status.
- Experience in installation, set-up, and management of build servers and management tools like Jenkins, GIT, Jira, Selenium, ANT, Maven, Python, Tomcat, etc.
- Experience in working with Selenium IDE and Selenium Web Driver using TestNG.
- Developed scripts for build, deployment, maintenance and related tasks using Jenkins, Docker, Ant and Python.
- Developed Networking policies for Docker containers. Worked on open source development tools like Docker Containers.
- Deployed the Java applications into web application servers like JBoss.
- Performed and deployed Builds for various Environments like QA, Integration, UAT and Productions Environments.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet dashboard for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Used Puppet to automate Configuration management.
- Used Puppet to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, and Users.
- Written manifests and modules for puppet to do tasks like application deployment, configuration and create filesystems.
- Monitoring and application analysis utilizing Nagios for Reporting.
- Monitored system performances using Nagios and managing network issues.
- Experienced in installing VM in Azure - Managed Azure services and subscriptions using Azure portals and PowerShell, managed Azure resources to Azure Resource Manager Azure Virtual Networking - Implemented Virtual Networks using deployment template.
- Experienced in Azure Network Configuration - Created resource groups using resource manager which allow to see cost/billing and monitoring information for resources within a resource group and manage access to those resources as a set for individual customer.
- Involved in migration from on-premises to Azure Cloud and created customer images for VM's. Deployed clusters using JSON template and power shell in AZURE.
- Experienced in Azure SQL Services - Created Azure SQL database, performed monitoring and restoring of Azure SQL database. Performed migration of Microsoft SQL server to Azure SQL database.
- Created Puppet Automation tools and builds and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Manage deployment automation using Puppet, M Collective, Custom Puppet modules, Ruby.
- Involved in sprints and planned releases with the team using JIRA and Confluence.
Environment: Azure, Java, Shell, PowerShell, Ruby, GIT, GitHub, MongoDB, Puppet, Jira, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Ant, WebSphere, WebLogic, JBoss, Python.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Build and Release Engineer
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT as build tools to move from one environment to other environments.
- Build and maintain SQL scripts and execute different scripts for different environments.
- Installing Red Hat Linux using kick start and applying security polices for hardening the server based on company's policies.
- Remote system administration using tools like SSH, Telnet, and Rlogin.
- Planning and implementing system upgrades including hardware, operating system and periodical patch upgrades.
- Extensive knowledge of Linux/Windows based systems including hardware, software and applications.
- Manage the configurations of multiple servers using puppet .
- Developed build scripts for Java/J2EE Applications using ANT.
- Build and release of Cloud based products containing Linux and Windows environments, using Power Shell and Python Scripting.
- Developed and maintained the Shell and Perl scripts for automating the deployments and build process.
- Deployed build artifacts into Web Logic Server and Oracle DB .
- Involved in the release cycle of the products from environments like Development, QA and UAT through Production.
- Performed Branching, Tagging, Release Activities on Version Control Tools SVN.
- Developed and implemented Software Configuration Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process .
- Involved in troubleshooting the automation of Installing and configuring JAVA applications in the test and pre-production environments.
- Presented on View Object pattern in Web Application Automation C#, Ruby, Power shell, Selenium, Team City.
- Responsible for Open Stack core infrastructure including code review, continuous integration systems, and developer tools.
- Established Open Stack Infrastructure Program.
- Deployed Java/J2EE applications on to Apache Tomcat application servers and configured it to host the wiki website.
- Configured and maintained Hudson to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and ANT to schedule the builds.
- Attended weekly release meetings with Development Team to identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the monthly/quarterly releases.
- Effective utilization of change management in installing or configuring, packages, patches or 3rd party tools on Linux.
Environment: ANT, MySQL, Red Hat, Hudson, Puppet, Java/J2EE, Shell Script, Perl Script, Oracle DB, GIT.
- Worked on research on available features in newer versions of Application and Database software and identify possible usage in current project.
- Developed Scripts and resolved run time errors in Q language.
- Worked closely with WebSphere administrators, Oracle DBA and Mainframes DB2 DBA in application query optimization and performance improvement.
- Worked with team members from many groups to come up with timely, quality decisions and technical solutions.
- Developed several EJBs (Both Session beans and Entity) which hold the business logic of the application.
- Implemented code coverage tool to identify the dead code in the application.
- Experienced in using the Object Relational Mapping Tool Hibernate , strong in using XML mappings and Java Objects.
- Used SPRING framework that handles application logic and makes calls to business objects and services mainly SOAP Web services
- Developed highly efficient algorithms in C++ and C# through both pair-programming and independent work.
- Implemented Eclipse IDE tool and Tomcat server for working environment of the project.
- Experienced in delivering web projects on time using both Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Developed User Interface using JSP/Servlets.
- Worked on Integrating the modules and bug fixing.
- Worked on Production support and implemented unit testing, system testing and integration testing.