6 years of experience in leading software design and development of a system software for the core network protocol layer (3GPP specification implementation of Mobility Management/System Selection) for GSM/WCDMA/LTE capable wireless modems used in mobile communication devices. Deep subject matter expertise in Multi - SIM/Dual SIM capable modems, system search and selection algorithms for wireless protocols.
KEY SKILLS AND TECHNOLOGIES:
Domain Knowledge: GSM (2G), GPRS /UMTS(3G) / LTE (4G) protocols stack.
Languages: C/C++ programming
Soft Tools: QXDM, APEX, Trace 32, Purify, Source Insight.
Version Control System: ClearCase, Perforce, CVS
Linux/Solaris based Tools: GDB, VI/GVIM Editor, Ethereal, Valgrind, Klockwork, Putty, Cygwin
Windows based Tools: Wireshark (Protocol Analyzer)
- Currently working on the design and development of low cost memory savings Chiltepin Qualcomm chipset 9x05/9x04 to reduce modem image size based on inter-task merging, dynamic paging, Confidential movement, code rewriting for control plane signaling and diagnostics/logging optimization.
- Well versed with overall GSM/GPRS/UMTS/LTE with development experience of Mobility Management/GPRS/E-UTRAN / System Selection across each 3GPP tech which has given better insight of Confidential - Core network interface.
- Supported numerous handset commercialization projects and fixing complex field issues in last 6 years.
- Client-side experience with Ericsson at Stockholm. Confidential REL13 Interoperability Development Testing (IODT) for MTC devices. Provided first hand analysis & quick patches for the blocking issues on GCF benches, host and target activities.
- Confidential IODT with Nokia for extended DRX cycle REL13 3GPP feature.
- Designing, coding and testing of Non-Access stratum 3GPP Release 10/11/12/13 NAS specific spec features TS 24.008, TS 23.122 TS 24.301 with impact analysis on access stratum.
- Domain expertise in design and development of CR as per 3GPP standards/ features/extensions/enhancements in control plane SW (Multimode- NAS layer) and various 3GPP release spec implementation.
- Led multiple teams to develop and support complex system requirements and ensure adherence to quality and timelines and thus enhancing the maturity of Confidential ’s Access Stratum (AS) part of the protocol stack.
- Prepared design documents, data flow diagrams and test plans for various procedures required to establish successful MO (Mobile Originated) and MT (Mobile Terminated) calls.
- Mentored and ramped up new engineers in 3GPP technologies.
- Designed and developed Multimode layer software for GSM, UMTS, LTE modems, esp. Call control of circuit-switched connections, Session management for GPRS services, Mobility management and radio resource management for circuit-switched and GPRS services which included coming up with SW architecture for different features 3GPP/OEM requirements, designing and developing software for NAS layer interface with access stratum.
- Worked extensively on IDLE mode procedures like PLMN selection, Manual Search, Cell Camping, Cell Reselection & Dedicated OTA procedures like Attach/RAU/TAU/LAU (registration) with network in CS and PS domain, PDP/PDN establishment, call control procedure while interfacing and adapting to Layer 3 entity of protocol stack.
- Analyzing, Solving and testing the problems faced during - Field Tests, IOTs, Lab GCF case Regressions, Host and Target testing.
- End to end product cycle experience, with complex feature design, development and support commercialization of the same.
- Supported various change request and feature deliveries, MST/GCF/AT&T certification fixes for APPLE I-phone 6/6s/7/8 releases till development phase milestone is achieved.
- Involved in bring up and commercialization activities of Qualcomm modems and driving end-to-end delivery.
- Developed various CMCC/CU operator specific features in NAS and Call Management layer, including AT&T ENS specification LTE-BTR device aggression, Verizon SRLTE, Vodafone managed roaming.
- Performed effective code development from MM/GMM/REG perspective for TS 24.008/TS 23.122 with impact analysis for each spec CR on existing behavior and RCA for customer reported bugs.
- Supported implementation of MultiSIM features, DDS switch, SRVCC, Manual search, CCO, VF managed roaming, Segment loading, CSG, ECALL, blind redirection, HPLMN search timer, 3G authentication, SRVCC, TMSI reallocation procedure, XID negotiation, SIM invalidate CMCC/CU requirement. Also worked on various field test KPI logging for Confidential Bootup/PSM- Modem Start timeline optimization.
Product/Technology: This is s/w comprising of the PHY, MAC, RLC, PDCP, RRC, S1AP, X2AP, GTPu and SCTP stacks, are key components for building LTE Femtocells and Macro eNodeB base stations.
- Worked on the development feature of RRC (L3) Layer interface including sub modules RRM (Radio Resource Management) /OAM module of LTE-eNodeB Framework using C programming.
- Performed Integration Testing for MultiRAB, MultiUE feature and QoS (Quality Of Service) Feature, and performance analysis for MultiRAB feature using load tests.
- Worked on creation of s1ap buffers and Confidential side scripts to implement RRC Reconfiguration for the creation of default and dedicated bearers and analysis of Wireshark ethereal captures to fix many customer issues for the optimization of the software.
- Presented technical sessions in Quality of Service implementation in LTE, Basic attach call flow LTE, Channel mapping etc. for LTE domain within the organization.