- Around 9 years of experience in IT sector in different roles as DevOps Engineer, Build and release, Cloud Engineer, Linux System Administrator.
- Proficient experience in Software Integration, Configuration, building, Packaging, Automation, and release code from one environment to other. deploy to the servers, based on and maintenance under Unix/Linux/VM ‘s Platforms.
- Experience in DevOps, Release Engineering, Cloud infrastructure, that includes Amazon Web Services, Docker, Git, GitHub, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Vagrant, Terraform, Apache, Tomcat, Ant, and Maven.
- Expert in AWS platform and various dimensions of scalability that includes EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, AMI, SNS, SES, SQS, RDS, IAM, Route 53, Elastic Container Service (Docker Containers), Auto scaling, load balancer, CloudFormation, CloudFront, CloudWatch, Security Groups, other services of the AWS.
- Designing and deploying multiple applications by utilizing all the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM) well focused on high - availability, fault tolerance, and auto scaling in AWS CloudFormation JSON templates.
- Experience in designing AWS cloud models for Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IAAS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PAAS)
- Experience in creating the Terraform templates in order to create custom sized VPC, NAT subnets, NACLs for deployment Web application, database templates.
- Proficient in distribution of Data across all the nodes and Clusters on different availability zones in AWS Redshift. Experience in automating infrastructure by using Terraform in AWS console.
- Experience in production supporting Cloud environments AWS, Azure, and VMW and also managed traditional hosted domain.
- Ability to build various scripts, deployments and automated solutions by using scripting languages shell, bash, ruby, pearl and Python.
- Experience in maintaining Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment in various departments like DEV, TEST, STAGE & PROD.
- Experience in working on Docker hub, Docker container, Docker Swarm for creating Docker images and dealing with multiple images mainly for middleware installations and configurations.
- Proficient in using Jenkins and pipelines to bring all microservices builds out to the Docker registry.
- Maintained a PaaS for deployments by using Docker, Chef, Ansible that reduces deployment risks.
- Experience in writing Vagrant Scripts to spin up servers on the Developer workstations as well AWS.
- Experience in branching, merging, tagging and maintaining the versions by using SCM tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN), Bit Bucket on UNIX/LINUX and Windows environment.
- Developed Chef Cookbooks using Ruby for different DB configurations to optimize product configuration.
- Experience in Using Ansible operational server to deploy playbooks to the systems in the inventory.
- Experience in working with GIT to secure the code then integrated it to Ansible Tower to deploy the playbooks.
- Proficient in writing Ansible Playbooks with SSH as Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Shell.
- Experience in working on engine Ansible that automates cloud provisioning, configuration application deployment, intra-service orchestration.
- Experience in performing system administration and operations tasks using Chef, Nagios.
- Proficient knowledge in working with Jenkins - Plugin Management, Securing and scaling, integrating Code Analysis, various performance issues, Testing Phases to complete the CI/CD pipelines within Jenkins.
- Experience in different areas of Jenkins like master/slave administrations, access controls, report generations, parameterized/triggered build setups etc.
- Managed and configured Jenkins to implement CI process and integrated the tool using build tools like Maven and ANT for building of war, jar and ear files.
- Maintained and segregated builds generated by Maven and ANT using binary repos like Nexus and Artifactory.
- I’ been through whole Software development life cycle (SDLC) such as Planning, Analysis, Design, Developing and Testing, and Maintenance phases.
- Worked on Web and Application servers like Apache, Tomcat, WebSphere, JBOSS to deploy code.
- Expertise in working with different Bug Tracking Tools like JIRA, Clear Quest and Quality center.
- Skilled in monitoring servers using Nagios, Splunk, CloudWatch.
Platforms: Linux (Red Hat 4.x,5.x,6.x), CentOS, Ubuntu, Solaris, Windows 8/7/Vista/ XP
Version Control Tool: GIT
Programming Languages: Perl, Shell, Ruby, Yaml, Python, Java, XML, HTML
CI/CD Tools: Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Ansible
Container Platforms: Docker
Monitoring Tools: Splunk, Nagios, CloudWatch
Cloud Platform: AWS, Azure
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Remedy, HP Quality Center
AWS Services: EC2, ELB, EBS, AMI, S3, VPC, RDS, IAM, CloudFormation, CloudTrail, SNS, SQS, Glacier, CloudFront.
Artifactories: Nexus, Artifactory
Web/Application Servers: WebLogic, WebSphere, JBOSS, Apache Tomcat, Nginx
Network Protocols: TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, SNMP, SMTP, NFS
Database Systems: SQL Server 2000/2005, My SQL, Dynamo DB, Mongo DB
Web Services: Rest, soap
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
- Proficient knowledge in developing infrastructure and operations that includes AWS cloud platform like EC2, EBS, S3, VPC, RDS, ELB, Auto Scaling, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, SNS, AWS Import/Export.
- In depth experience in setting up databases in AWS using RDS, Storage using S3 buckets and configuring instance backups to S3 buckets.
- Allocated Roles and Policies to Users by using Identity and Access Management (IAM).
- Well Defined AWS Security Groups acts as virtual firewalls controls the traffic permits to reach one or more EC2 instances, also set up redundancy to various Availability Zones forEC2 instances.
- Developed Cloud Formation template to build the process repeatedly to withstand various application environments In AWS.
- Restored the use of Cloud Formation with Terraform not to get completely locked into single cloud provider.
- Creating S3 buckets and maintaining policies for S3 buckets and Glacier for storage and backups.
- Developed scripts and maintained shell scripts to build and release using languages such as Shell and Python.
- Created and Implemented Build/release, branching & merging with multiple branches. Used Git as SCM repository to track of changing versions.
- Developed a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub..
- Configuring the Docker containers and creating Docker files for different application.
- Worked on Docker container snapshots, Created Docker images using Docker file, and managing Docker volumes.
- Developed and automated the Jenkins pipeline using pipeline groovy script for the applications.
- Deployed application using Jenkins server and release job failures, resolved the issues.
- Achieved continuous Deployment using IBM Deploy. Integrated Deploy with Nexus Artifactory and Jenkins to achieve.
- Configured GIT with Jenkins and schedule jobs using POLL SCM option.
- Built scripts using ANT and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other.
- Wrote different Ansible playbooks for deployment orchestration and developed Ansible Playbooks to clarify and automate day-to-day tasks. Protected encrypted data with Ansible Vault.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python.
- Worked with Chef to converge AWS infrastructure Ec2, VPC, Route53, S3, IAM.
- Worked with Knife-ec2 plugin in chef to automatically create, bootstrap, add run list and converge ec2 resources in AWS.
- Used machine batch in chef provisioning to converge large volumes of ec2-servers and run parallel processing between the machines.
- Developed Chef Cookbooks to install and configure Apache, Tomcat, Jenkins.
Environment: AWS EC2, EBS, S3, VPC, RDS, ELB, Auto Scaling, Terraform, CloudFormation, Elastic Cache, AWS Import/Export, CloudWatch, SNS, GIT, Jenkins, ANT, Maven, Nexus, Docker, Ansible, Chef, Splunk, Python.
- Major responsibilities include creating complex build, test, provision, secure and deployment systems.
- Software Build and Deployment: Performed regular software release build and deployment based on managed, maintained and deployed to test, acceptance and PROD environments.
- Automated Build process using Subversion (SVN), and ANT. Fixed the deployment framework issues for Azure DBs in the production
- Ownership for Azure SQL server DB deployment, managed the continues integration, continues deployment.
- Worked on used version Control Tools or Source Code Management tools (GIT)
- Worked on build automation using JENKINS, MAVEN, deployed JAVA projects using MAVEN/ANT and JENKINS and have sound knowledge on JAVA project structures.
- I’ have Set up Docker Host, Docker Registry, RHEL/ Centos Atomic host, Docker images
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins, GitHub.
- Nagios, splunk is used for infrastructure, monitoring and as alerting solution.
- Widely used Perforce as a Configuration Management tool to manage source code.
- Well Defined dependencies and plugins in Maven pom.xml for different activities and integrated Maven with GIT to manage and deploy tags based on projects.
Environment: Maven, Jenkins, Git, Azure, Docker
Build & Release Engineer
- Worked on setting up Nexus Repository for deploying the artifacts.
- Responsible for tagging and maintain code on version control GIT
- Worked on Monitoring and managing CI process, release builds using Maven and Jenkins.
- Exposed to integrate Unit Testing, Code Coverage and Deployment tools using Jenkins and Maven.
- Manage repositories to add/modify/delete users and permissions.
- Worked on code Integration using Branching and tagging in Subversion.
- Verified and checked Deployment logs.
Environment: Java, Git, Shell Script, Maven, Jenkins, AWS
Jr Software Engineer
- Majorly involved in Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD) using UML for designing the application.
- Created the application using the Struts.
- Developed JSP pages for the presentation layer, used custom tag libraries, JSP Standard Tag Library (JSTL).
- Used Hibernate in order to handle the database access.
- Widely wrote Stored Procedures, Triggers, and Cursors, Views for data retrieval.
- Enormous experience in developing test cases using Junit, and mocking libraries using Test Driven Development (TDD).
- I’ have wrote Apache ANT build scripts for building the application and test cases using JUnit to perform the unit testing.
- Used CVS for Version Controlling.
- Majorly involved in resolving high priority tickets and issues based on project.
Environment: Java 1.5, JSP, HTML, CVS, UML, XML, Web Sphere, Apache ANT