- As a DevOps Engineer with experience of 7+ Years in IT industry with imperative concentration in designing and orchestrating workflow and a strong technical background in deploying and maintaining in Cloud Platform (AWS), Automation and Microservices.
- Experience in architecting and Configuring public/private cloud infrastructures utilizing Amazon Web Services (AWS) including EC2, Elastic Load - balancers, Elastic Container Service (Docker Containers), S3, CloudFront, RDS, DynamoDB, VPC, Direct-Connect, Route53, CloudWatch, Kinesis, Cloud Formation, IAM.
- Acquainted with various other clouds like AWS, Google cloud and Microsoft Azure.
- Used AWS ECS to create highly scalable, high-performance container orchestration service to support Docker containers to easily run and scale containerized applications on AWS.
- Expertise in Microsoft Azure Cloud Services (PaaS & IaaS), Application Insights, Document DB, Internet of Things (IoT), Azure Monitoring, Key Vault, Visual Studio Online (VSO) and SQL Azure.
- Provided security and managed user access and quota using AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM), including creating new Policies for user management in JSON
- Experience in migrating the Legacy application into GCP platform and managing the GCP services such as Compute Engine, cloud storage, BigQuery, VPC, Stack Driver, Load Balancing and IAM.
- Experience in Migrating the Legacy application into GCP Platform.
- Integrated Jenkins with various DevOps tools such as Nexus, SonarQube, Puppet and used CI/CD system of Jenkins on Kubernetes container environment, utilizing Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment for the CI/CD system to build and test and deploy.
- On-premise infrastructure to cloud platforms AWS/Azure and infrastructure orchestration using containerization technologies.
- Created Terraform modules to create instances in AWS & automated process of creation of resources is AWS using Terraform.
- Experience working with Chef Enterprise and Chef OpenSource, ChefDK, Chef Workstation, Chef Server, Chef-Client.
- Worked with various components of Chef including Chef Server, workstations, Nodes, configurations of chef-client and writing recipes for Chef and assigning roles to nodes.
- Experienced in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT, GITHUB on Linux and Windows platforms.
- Written scripts using Python and Shell Scripting for build and deployment process.
- Maintained continuous delivery of containerized Micro services using Jenkins pipeline.
- Build scripts using MAVEN build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments and developed a continuous deployment pipeline using Jenkins, Ansible and Playbooks.
- Proficient level of experience on DevOps tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Subversion, Hudson, Jenkins, Ant, Maven, Kubernetes, Virtual Box.
- Hands on experience with Version Control tools such as Subversion (SVN), Git, Bitbucket in Branching, Merging Strategies, Tagging and maintaining versions across Windows and Linux platform
- Build the artifacts and deploy the applications in Docker Containers in efficient way.
- Experience working on Docker hub, creating docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, Scrum, and Waterfall methodologies.
- Expertise in Agile Testing Methodologies &Software Test Life Cycle (STLC).
- Involved in implementing and maintaining an Apache Tomcat /Mysql/PHP, LDAP, LAMP web service environment.
- Experience with container-based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker hub and Docker registries, installation and configuring Kubernetes and clustering them.
- Expertise in scripting languages like Python, Ruby, Perl, Shell, Bash, familiar with the Storage, Networking Concepts, and PowerShell commands, experience in Created automated PowerShell scripts for web app deployment.
- Experience in deploying Kubernetes Cluster on Azure cloud with master/minion architecture and wrote many YAML files to create many services like pods, deployments, auto scaling, load balancers, labels, health checks, Namespaces, Config Map, etc.
- Wrote Chef Cookbooks using the several of its Components like attributes, files, recipes, resources and templates to automate system operations.
- Experience in creating inventory, job templates and scheduling jobs using Ansible Tower and expertise in writing Ansible Playbooks.
- Experience in writing Ansible playbooks, replacing the dependency on Chef Cookbooks and Chef Recipes to automate infrastructure as a code.
- Experience with Virtualization technologies like installing, configuring, VMware vSphere. Creation, management, administration and maintenance of virtual servers and clients.
- Strong experience with Monitoring tools such as Nagios, cloud watch.
- Experience in using Splunk for log analyzing and improving the performance of servers.
- Expertise in managing the artifacts in the Nexus, Art factory & Repository Managers generated by ANT and Maven.
- Created and maintained the Python deployment scripts for Web Sphere web application server.
- Hands on experience on working with System health and performance Monitoring Tools like Nagios, Zabbix, Splunk, Cloud Watch, NewRelic, Elasticsearch, Kibana, AppDynamics etc.
- Configuring and managing Puppet master server and experience in updating and creating modules and pushing them to puppet clients. Configuring web server platforms such as PHP, Apache, Tomcat, WebLogic.
- Worked on bug tracking tools and have good experience on tools like Jira (Bug tracking and monitoring), and used web based tools like Confluence (collecting thoughts and knowledge), crucible (pear review of codebase), HipChat (Secure chatting in between the team), Fisheye (to secure browsing) also for issue tracking and project management.
Cloud Environment: Amazon Web Servers (AWS), Microsoft Azure, GCP.
Operating Systems: Linux (Red Hat, CENTOS & SUSE), Ubuntu, Solaris, DEBAIN, HP-UXWindows.
Scripting Languages: Shell Scripting, Groovy, Python, Ruby, Perl and Power shell
Version Control Tools: GIT, GITHUB, TFS, Subversion(SVN), CVS and Bitbucket
Build Tools: Maven, Gradle Sonar, Nexus, and Ant.
Infrastructure as Code: Terraform and Cloud Formation, Packer.
Application Servers: WebSphere, Apache Tomcat, JBoss, WebLogic.
CI/CD Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, Hudson.
Automation & Configuration Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt Stack.
Containerization Tools: Docker, Mesos.
Orchestration Tools: Kubernetes, Docker Swarm and Apache Mesos.
Networking Protocols: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, WAN, LAN, FTP/TFTP, SMTP, SSH, HTTP, TELNET.
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, Cloud Watch and ELK.
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Bugzilla, and Red Mine.
Virtualization: VMware, Virtual Box.
Confidential, ST.LOUIS, MO
Sr. DEVOPS CLOUD ENGINEER
- Involved in designing and deploying multitude applications utilizing almost all of the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling in AWS Cloud Formation.
- Creating S3 buckets and also managing policies for S3 buckets and Utilized S3 buckets and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Created Amazon Machine Images (AMI) of the instances for backup and created Identity Access Management (IAM) policies for delegated administration within AWS.
- Developed strategy to migrate Dev/Test/Production from an enterprise VMware infrastructure to the IaaS Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud environment including runbook processes and procedures.
- Migrated an existing legacy infrastructure and recreated the entire environment within Amazon's Web Services (AWS).
- Used IAM to create new accounts, roles and groups and polices and developed critical modules like generating amazon resource numbers and integration points with Dynamo DB, RDS.
- Worked with Chef Enterprise Hosted as well as On-Premise, Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server, Managed On-site OS/Applications/Services/Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3/Route53 & ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Written Chef Recipes in Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize product configuration, converting production support scripts to Chef Recipes and AWS server provisioning using Chef.
- Managed Nodes, Run-Lists, roles, environments, Data Bags, cookbooks, recipes in Chef. Implemented Auto-Scaling with Chef and Assign chef roles to EC2 instances.
- Deployed and configured Chef Server and Chef Solo including bootstrapping of Chef Client nodes for provisioning.
- Maintained Chef Configuration management spanning several environments in VMware and the AWS cloud.
- Implemented automations tools using chef cookbook instances.
- Designed, Installed, and Implemented Ansible configuration management systems.
- Involvement in setting up the CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, GitHub, Chef, Terraform and AWS.
- Created customized Docker Images and push them to amazon EC2, worked on Docker and deployed and maintaining Micro services in Dev and QA, implemented Jenkins slaves as Docker containers auto scalability.
- Worked on installation of Docker Using Docker Toolbox. And creation of custom Docker container images, tagging and pushing the images.
- Used Kubernetes to orchestrate the deployment, scaling, management of Docker Containers.
- Working on Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, ConfigMaps, selectors, services and deployed application containers as Pods.
- Building CI/CD pipeline, upstream/ downstream projects, and multi-branch pipelines with the help of Jenkins and setting up Maven repositories and to automate everyday builds.
- Worked in all areas of Jenkins setting up CI for new branches, build automation, plugin management and securing Jenkins and setting up master/slave configurations.
- Working with build tools Maven to create builds as per projects requirements and maintaining regularity.
- Maintained and executed build scripts using Maven by coordinating with development and quality assurance teams.
- Installed and configured Nexus repository manager for sharing artifacts between internal teams and created proxy Nexus repositories to speed up the build process.
- Handle the various platforms like Linux, Windows and GCP for automation purpose at same time
- Hands on Experience on GIT to help manage and document all the changes to Application code and Configuration Management Code and having strong experience on source control concepts like Branches, Masters, Merges and Tags.
- Created GitHub repository for current and future project scripts.
- Pulled a code from the development line using cherry-pick, creating a tag and pushing it to the main line using GIT version control after integration and build.
- Used Splunk for monitoring collection to applications in a cloud based environment. Integrate Splunk with AWS deployment using Chef to collect data from all database server systems into Splunk.
- Assisted internal users of Splunk in designing and maintaining production-quality dashboard.
- Extensively worked with various scripting languages like Python, Bash, and Shell.
- Developed Python and Shell scripts for automation of the build and release process. Wrote automation scripts in shell and python to enhance the CI-CD pipeline.
- Worked with JIRA for creating Projects, assigning permissions to users and groups for the projects & Created Mail handlers and notification Schemes for JIRA.
- Maintained JIRA for issue tracking and updating project defects and tasks ensuring the successful completion of tasks.
Environment: AWS, GCP, Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker, Git, Maven, Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, Splunk, Shell Scripts, Python, Apache, Jira, WebLogic, MySQL, Java, Apache Tomcat
DEVOPS CLOUD ENGINEER
- Designed and configured Azure Virtual Networks (VNets), subnets, Azure network settings, DHCP address blocks, DNS settings, and Security policies & configured BGP routes to enable Express Route connections between on-premise data centers & Azure cloud.
- Dealing with Microsoft Azure Services - Virtual Networks, Virtual Machines, Resource Groups, Express Route, VPN, Load Balancing, Data Lake, Azure Functions, Auto-Scaling, Azure Monitor, Traffic Manager.
- Deployed Azure IaaS (VM's) and PaaS role instances (Cloud services) into secure VNets with Azure Internal Load Balancers, subnets and created several SQL scripts as part of bug fixes to provide immediate solutions for some of the issues also created Azure PowerShell script for backup and restore operations for API Management.
- Build out VSTS Infrastructure using Azure Runbooks, Azure Data Lake, Azure data factory, RPM and DevOps. Power.
- Deployed and scaled web applications that are developed on Programming languages such as, Python, Ruby.
- Maintain a Live Like environment using Docker Containers to test any production issues on the setup and push it into production.
- Created Docker images using a Docker file, Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing.
- Maintained a Live environment using Docker Containers to test any production issues on the setup and push it into production.
- Experience working on several docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, Compose and Docker Registry.
- Experience with Configuration Management/Automation tool Ansible and has worked on integrating Ansible YAML Scripts.
- Wrote the Ansible playbooks which are the entry point for Ansible provisioning, where the automation is defined through tasks using YAML format. Run Ansible Scripts to provision Dev servers
- Hands on experience on automating various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack monitoring using Ansible Playbooks and on Integrating Ansible with Maven and Jenkins.
- Configured software and services using Ansible Playbooks, added users to Identity access and management and created S3 bucket to hold deployment files.
- Developed CI/CD system with Jenkins on Kubernetes container environment, utilizing Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment for the CI/CD system to build, test and deploy.
- Used Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage Docker containers with multiple name spaced versions.
- Worked on scheduling, deploying and managing container replicas on a node cluster using Kubernetes.
- Implemented Terraform modules for deployment of various applications across multiple Cloud providers and managing infrastructure. Knowledge of using Routed Protocols like FTP, SFTP, SSH, HTTP, HTTPS and Direct connect.
- Configured projects to publish a Website to Nexus Repository. Created snapshots in Nexus.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python
- Used Shell and Perl scripting to deploy artifacts that are built by Maven.
- Used Maven dependency management system to deploy snapshot and release artifacts to Docker Hub to share artifacts across projects and environments.
- Deployment of cloud services including Jenkins and Nexus on Docker using Terraform
- Developed CI/CD system with Jenkins on Kubernetes container environment, utilizing Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment for the CI/CD system to build and test and deploy.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins for continuous integration and for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Handled windows and Linux virtual server on Docker EC2 using Puppet server.
- Developed and supported the Red Hat Enterprise Linux based infrastructure in the cloud environment.
- Used Nagios for monitoring the system problems across all the servers and networking devices.
- Experience in implementing and administering monitoring tools Splunk and Nagios.
Environment: Azure, Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker, Git, Chef, Jenkins, Chef, Nexus, Nagios, Splunk, Shell Scripts, Python, Apache, JSON, Vagrant, WebLogic, Oracle, MySQL, Java, Linux.
Confidential, HOUSTON, TEXAS
- Created and maintained continuous integration (CI) using tools Jenkins/Bamboo over different environments to facilitate an agile development process which is automated enabling teams to safely deploy code repeatedly.
- Experience in Setting up the build and deployment automation for Terraform scripts using Jenkins.
- Troubleshooting deployment and installation issues. Automated the Build Process using Jenkins.
- Configuring, automation and maintaining build and deployment CI/CD tools git, Jenkins, Build Forge, Docker registry, Nexus and JIRA for Multi-Environment with high degrees of standardization for both infrastructure and application stack automation in AWS cloud platform. Orchestrating CI/CD processes. CI/CD tools Dockerized and infrastructure setup in Vagrant, AWS and VPCs.
- DevOps engineer/Build and release engineer in field of release automation for java application to achieve continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD).
- Deployed and configured puppet servers and client including bootstrapping of puppet client nodes for provisioning, created environment, modules, and manifests for server configuration, deployment.
- Used to create and manage Puppet Modules for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize product configuration. Designing and implementing for fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment using Puppet.
- Responsible for build and deployment automation using VM Ware ESX, Docker containers.
- Experience working on Docker Hub, creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Converted existing Terraform modules that had version conflicts to utilize Cloud Formation during Terraform deployments to enable more control or missing capabilities.
- Worked on infrastructure with Micro service models like Docker Containerization and collaborated with development support teams to set up a Continuous Delivery environment with the use of Docker.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment(CD), Application Server setup, Stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks and has Integrated Ansible with Jenkins.
- Configured Git with Jenkins and schedule jobs using POLL SCM option and also integrated to automate the code checkout process.
- Involved in Building and configuring Red Hat Linux Servers using Kick Start server as required for the project. Maintained maximum uptime and maximum performance capacity for enterprise production, QA and UAT/staging.
- Worked on creating user accounts, user administration, local and global groups on Redhat Linux platform.
- Participated in the building of tools and processes to support the infrastructure performance and capacity.
- Experienced in deployment of applications on Application Servers such as Tomcat, JBoss. Installed and configured them as needed.
- Developed On-premises Infrastructure as Code using Python.
- Implemented Python scripts for active monitoring of applications and to raise automated tickets. Monitoring system performances using Nagios and managing network issues.
- Experienced in log monitoring tools namely Nagios and Elk Stack
- Administrated DHCP, DNS, and NFS services in Linux. Created and maintained user's accounts, profiles, security, rights disk space and process monitoring.
- Provided technical support by troubleshooting Day-to-Day issues with various Servers on different platforms.
Environment: Puppet, Jenkins, Linux, Maven, Tomcat, JBoss, .Net, Power Shell, VMware, Tomcat, Nagios, Python, Terraform.
Build & Release Engineer
- My Responsibilities include Searching, Learning, Training and Documenting on new DevOps tools which would fit in our current Eco-System.
- Managed the development activities for multiple server instances by enabling password less SSH communication between the servers.
- Integrated GIT into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process with the setup of SCM Polling for Immediate build with Maven, Code Analysis with Sonar scanner and artifactory as Nexus.
- Used Maven to automate the build process, Automated Build and Deployment process by using Perl/Shell scripts.
- Wrote, maintained, reviewed and documented modules, manifests, Hiera configurations and Git repositories for Puppet Enterprise on RHEL and Windows platforms.
- Installed and configured Chef Enterprise and Chef Workstation hosted as well as On-Premise; Bootstrapped Nodes; Wrote Recipes, Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server.
- Worked with installation, deployment and maintenance of middleware application servers to RHEL Dev and Test environments.
- Proficient in tracing complex build problems, release issues and environment issues in a multi-component environment.
- Developed Python and Shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Release Engineer for a team that involved different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases and implemented Continuous Integration Process.
- Experience in installing, integrating, tuning and troubleshooting Apache and Tomcat application server.
- Created and maintained the Shell deployment scripts for WebLogic and web application servers.
- Setup network printers and installed client/server applications. Defined/setup network protocols, Network File Services (NFS), and Network Information Services (NIS) in Linux systems.
Environment: Ant, Maven, Git, Svn, Jenkins, Puppet, chef, Linux, Tomcat, .Net, PowerShell, TCP/IP,, NFS, NIS.
- Installation of operating system Linux, Windows Server 2003.
- Involved in Installing, Configuring and Upgrading of Redhat Linux, Solaris operating systems.
- Installed and configured JBoss application server on various Linux servers.
- Performed installation, configuration, upgrades, package administration and support for Linux systems on client side using Red hat satellite Network server.
- Setup Jumpstart servers for automated installation of Solaris and Kickstart for Linux servers and workstations and set up NIS, NFS for centralized administration of user account configurations.
- Production support of Apache, Apache HTTPD, Jboss, Tomcat and Oracle Web logic application servers including installation, configuration, management, and troubleshooting.
- User/group maintenance in both production/development environments. In-house process control initiatives including IT Services Management worked with LDAP integration for a single log on.
- Extensive knowledge of Server administration, Kernel upgrade and deployment of patches and applying all firewall and security policies with emphasis on maintaining best practices.
- Experience managing and tuning Mysql and writing SQL scripts.
- Identified and solved any issues or errors.
- Managed Disk using LVM, JVM Languages resized disk space when required. Managed disk space from NetApp filers
- Troubleshooting Network, File system memory, CPU, Swap Space and issues, TCP/IP, NFS, DNS, SMTP in Linux and Solaris servers
- Involved in preparation of functional and system specifications. Estimated storage requirements for applications.
- Assisted other UNIX administrators when help was needed (i.e. creating Unix accounts, writing scripts to perform system administrator functions, responding to trouble tickets, etc).
Environment: Linux, Red Hat, Ubuntu, Centos, Apache Httpd, Jboss, Tomcat, Oracle, WebLogic, LDAP, Solaris, kernel, Shell, Bash, Python.