- Certified AWS Developer Associate having around 8+ years of experience in IT industry comprising of delivery management, design, development, release & deployment, and cloud implementation.
- Good experience on DevOps tools like GIT, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Kubernetes, Terraform, Nagios and Docker .
- Experience in Infrastructure Development and Operations on AWS Cloud platform services , EC2, IAM, Lambda, Route53, S3, EMR, Autoscaling, Load Balancing, CloudFront, CloudFormation, CloudWatch and SNS.
- Experienced in using SCM tools like GIT, TFS and Subversion (SVN) on Linux platforms.
- Expertise in Implementing and Integrating continuous delivery pipelines for releases and deployments in Jenkins .
- Good hands on experience using Chef, Ansible and puppet to automatically provisioning the infrastructure and creating new machines.
- Experience working on Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment for the CI/CD system to build, test and deploy.
- Experience with Microservices using Docker Linux Containers, Kubernetes, OpenShift , deploying applications in multiple public and private clouds in AWS .
- Experience in implementing and administering monitoring tools like Nagios, Splunk.
- Experience in Automation testing tools like Selenium and bug tracking tools like JIRA.
- Experience with build automation tools like Ant and Maven .
- Hands on experience using SonarQube for code quality and Nexus as artifact repository.
- Integration, deployment and automation of application servers Tomcat, WebLogic across Linux platforms.
- Experienced in managing infrastructure on cloud, automation using AWS cloud Formation Templates , Terraform .
- Experienced in web development and deployment using .NET and JAVA applications by creating class file package.
- Extensively experienced in Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby scripting on Linux.
- Experience in administrating, deploying and managing UBUNTU and CentOS servers.
- Experience in deploying system stacks for different environments like Dev, UAT, Prod in both on premise and cloud infrastructure.
- Participated in all stages of Software Development Life - Cycle including architecture, designing, implementation, and unit testing.
- Worked with Agile Scrum Team and attended daily scrum meetings.
- Strong experience in working in Linux and Windows environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong organizational skills, and a hard-working team player.
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux (REDHAT, Ubuntu, CentOS), Mac
Languages: C, Python, Ruby, Bash Scripting, HTML
Version Control: SVN, GIT, GIT Hub, TFS
Databases: SQL Server, MySQL
Virtualization: VirtualBox, VMware
Containerization: Docker, Kubernetes
Build Tools: Ant, Maven, Gradle
Monitoring Tool: Nagios, Splunk
Management Tools: Chef, Ansible, Puppet
Testing Tools: Junit, Cucumber
Web Servers: Apache, Tomcat, Nginx, JBoss
Bug Tracking: JIRA, Bugzilla
SDLC: Waterfall, Agile
Cloud Platform: AWS, AZURE
Aws Cloud Services: EC2, IAM, VPC, Lambda, Route 53, Auto-Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing, S3, SQS, Cloud Formation, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail.
Confidential, San Diego, CA
Sr. DevOps/AWS Engineer
- Worked on Built and Deployment of Java/J2EE web application in an Agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process.
- Worked on Docker hub , creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations .
- Building/Maintaining Docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes.
- Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test deploy.
- Developed Microservices on boarding tools leveraging Python and Jenkins allowing for easy creation and maintenance of build jobs and Kubernetes deploy and services.
- Worked on CI/CD tool Jenkins for building and deploying the Java application.
- Implemented project builds framework in Jenkins using Maven build framework tool.
- Performed Unit Testing for java applications using Junit frameworks and configuring results as post build action.
- Used to manage the artifacts generated by Maven in the Nexus repository .
- Worked on SonarQube to perform code analysis, code coverage and detecting bugs.
- Used JIRA for Issue tracking, Bug tracking, and Project Management by raising tickets.
- Performed configurations from Apache tomcat and web logic to Jenkins.
- Worked on Ansible to manage existing servers and automate the build/configuration of new servers and created Ansible Playbooks to automate system operations.
- Worked on Python Code using Ansible Python API to Automate Cloud Deployment process and provision AWS environments using Ansible Playbooks.
- Experience in Agile developing, OpenShift being part of a Scrum Development team.
- Design and development of new technical flow based on JAVA and .NET technologies.
- Worked on Shell Scripts, Python Scripts and Java Scripts for automating the build and deployment process.
- Setting up and building AWS infrastructure like VPC, EC2, S3, IAM, EMR, Security Group, Auto Scaling and RDS in Cloud Formation using JSON templates.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 Auto scaling groups .
- Worked on AWS Cloud Formation and Terraform API to build infrastructure on AWS.
- Creating and Building Infrastructure on AWS Cloud Platform using Terraform.
- Creating alarms in Cloud watch service for monitoring the server’s performance, CPU Utilization, disk usage etc.
- Worked with my team to provide user stories and use cases of various modules of OpenStack data center deployments.
- Deployed code on WebLogic and Tomcat servers for Production, QA , and Development environments.
Environment: AWS (IAM, EC2, S3, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, VPC, RDS), Jenkins, TFS, VSTS, Git, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Bash, Shell, Terraform, Junit, Nunit, Tomcat, Nagios.
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
- Experience in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN) and TFS on Linux and Windows platforms.
- Manage all aspects of the end to end Build/Deployment process for multi Project.
- Strong experience utilizing Jenkins for enterprise scale infrastructure configuration and application deployments - checking out code from SVN/Git and use Ant/Maven to build war/jar artifacts.
- Worked in automation, setup and administration of build and deployment tools such as Jenkins , Jenkins Pipeline and Artifactory .
- Used Jenkins for the continuous integration process, automation and assisted in the code coverage and analysis by generating reports.
- Experience on building .NET application using TFS, MS Build, Nunit, OpenCover.
- Configured Team Foundation Server Build server and automated the build process by defining build definitions.
- Worked in Test Automation on .NET applications using Selenium Web drivers .
- Worked on creation of custom Docker container images and pushing the images and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle.
- Development and versioning of Chef Cookbooks , testing of Cookbooks using FoodCritic and Test Kitchen and running recipes on nodes managed by on premise ChefServer .
- Installed and configured Chef Server/workstation and nodes via CLI onto AWS nodes .
- Configured AWS IAM and Security Group in Public and Private Subnets in VPC .
- Implemented automated local user provisioning instances created in AWS cloud.
- Configuring and Networking of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) Written CloudFormation templates and deployed AWS resources using it.
- Involved in designing and deploying multiple applications utilizing AWS stack focusing on high-availability , fault tolerance , and auto-scaling in AWS CloudFormation.
- Build servers using AWS, importing volumes, launching EC2, RDS , creating security groups, auto-scaling, load balancers in the defined virtual private connection (VPC ).
- Manage and operate the Big Data environment and Web applications .
- Configured plugins for the integration tools to the version control tools.
- Used ANT and MAVEN as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
Environment: AWS Services, Git, TFS, Chef, Ansible, Jenkins, Cloud watch, Cloud Formation, Jira, AWS Auto Scaling, Unix/Linux, Python, Shell scripting.
Confidential, Saint Louis - MO
DevOps/Build and Release Engineer
- Worked closely with Project Managers to understand a code/configuration release scope and participated in the release cycle of the product, which involved environments like Development, QA , UAT and Production.
- Initially used Ant for writing build.xml for building Java/J2ee applications later on migrated to Maven .
- Handled documentation of the existing ANT/MAVEN files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Installed and Configured the Nexus repository manager for sharing the artifacts within the company.
- Used Jenkins as a continuous integration tool for configuring to build and deploy automatically of daily process.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Apache Maven to schedule the builds. Took the sole responsibility to maintain the CI server.
- Developing ANT, MAVEN and Shell scripts to automatically compile, package, deploy and test J2EE applications to a variety of Web Sphere platforms.
- Created Branches, Labels and performed Merges in Stash and GIT , analyze and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for GIT, Stash .
- Maintaining SVN and GIT repositories, Proposed and implemented branching strategy suitable for agile/scrum development for automating builds with Jenkins .
- Deployed web applications using Chef by developing the cookbook . Also responsible for creating and importing all the environments required to run the project.
- Used Puppet to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, Users Mount Points, and Packages.
- Experience in collecting and transferring data using collectd, rsyslogs, and statsd.
- Deployed the archives to Apache Tomcat and Web Sphere Application Servers.
Environment: Subversion (SVN), Apache Maven, ANT, GIT, Nexus, Jenkins, Shell script, Chef, Puppet, Java/J2EE, JIRA, Confluence, Web sphere, Web logic, JBOSS, Tomcat, Unix.
Build and Release engineer
- Configured and deployed Java and J2EE applications into application servers.
- Used build tools like Ant and Maven on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Worked with Jenkins for any automation builds which are integrated with GIT as part of infrastructure automation under continuous integration (CI).
- Strong usage of GIT commands to clone the central repository to the local server, merge the local changes with the master.
- Automated the build and release management process including monitoring changes between releases, Configured the hardware and OS on servers.
- Creation and administration of Virtual Machines using VMware and virtual box.
- Install and configure Ubuntu, Centos on remote servers and Desktop servers.
- Installation of patches and packages using RPM and YUM in Red hat Linux.
- Installed and configured Apache/Tomcat web server.
- Created RPM packages required for deployment into Pre-Production and Production environments. Installation of RPM packages into various Testing environments.
- Scheduled automated builds using Hudson/Jenkins .
- Wrote Unix Shell scripts to automate Subversion (SVN) branching, merging, tagging and various other version control tasks.
- Implemented/maintained the branching of build/release strategies utilizing ClearCase.
- Used SQL queries to validate data and updated the records for the various modules.
- Coordinated with developers, Business Analyst and Managers to make sure that code is deployed in the Production environment.
- On-call support for 24/7 for troubleshooting production issues
Environment: Java/J2EE, Bash, Shell, Linux, Unix, CI/CD, GIT, Hudson, JIRA, ClearCase, SQL.
Linux System Administration
- Worked as Linux System Administrator on Red Hat3/4, CentOS 3/4 and Ubuntu servers.
- Involved in designing, implementing, securing and maintaining the computer systems for its test, development and production environment.
- Experienced on Applying Patches, installed monitoring tools, and upgraded BIOS and HPS Clusters.
- Configure and deploy all virtual machines and install and provide backup to all configuration procedures
- Experience managing and tuning MySQL and writing SQL scripts.
- Installed and configured Nagios monitoring tool to manage infrastructure.
- Applied patches and supported Linux Servers with Oracle Database servers.
- Worked on Kernel tuning and Kernel patching.
- Managed systems routine backup, scheduling jobs like disabling and enabling CRON jobs, enabling system logging, network logging of servers for maintenance, performance tuning and testing.
- Planning and implementing the configuration changes to the servers adhering with ITIL change management process and served as communication conduit between programmers and network operations central staff.
- Responsible for maintaining the management applications and tools used to monitor, diagnose and troubleshoot the Data Network Infrastructure.
- Monitored System Performance, Tuned and optimized systems for better performance.
- Managed Disk using LVM, resized disk space when required. Managed disk space from NetApp filers.
- Perform troubleshoot on all tools and maintain multiple servers and provide back up for all files and script management servers.
- Troubleshoot application problems by diagnosing issues.
Environment: Red Hat Linux (3.x & 4.x), CentOS (3.x,4.x), Ubuntu (6.06,7.04), NTP, Nagios 3.2.1, MySQL, HPC.