- Proven systems architect with a passion for designing world - class, high throughput systems and enterprise-scale Java services on time and within budget.
- Possess a rare combination of both executive and hands-on experience both as a former Chief Information Officer and currently as Lead High Performance Computing (HPC) Systems Architect with over 12 years of combined domain experience.
- Co-founder and Lead Java Developer of Confidential, a Java EE-based business reviews site running on the Amazon AWS platform (EC2/S3).
- Hold innate desire (in my DNA) to regularly produce tangible results.
- Possess a track record of developing both Java and .NET software as well as production capacity computing systems of high R&D value (several extreme-scale capacity Confidential systems in support of high-volume (>10,000 jobs/week) batch processing as well as the establishment of a multi-petabyte Disaster Recovery site).
- Left and continue to leave positive lasting imprints with every organization personally supported.
- Driven to create a legacy.
Datacenter capacity planning and Confidential management, systems architecture at the multi-petabyte, multi-teraflop scale, RFP/RFI generation, contract management, program management, enterprise-architecture, TOGAF, ITIL v3, configuration management, parallel file systems (Lustre, GPFS), Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, Java Enterprise Edition, Java Server Faces, Chef, Ganglia, XML, RESTful APIs such as SightEngine, Git, Eclipse, jQuery, Primefaces, machine learning (Apache Mahout), relational databases (PostgreSQL, SQL Server). JBoss Enterprise Application Platform, cloud computing, Amazon EC2/S3, Apache Web Server (httpd).
Lead High Performance Computing (HPC) Systems Architect
- Lead Confidential architect for the Confidential Office of Science and Technology ( Confidential & Confidential ); provide recommendations on both near-term and long-term Confidential capacity and facilities planning, system hardware and software architecture, execution, policy and strategy.
- Supported and continue to support multiple large-scale (multi petabyte, multi-teraflop) Linux platform acquisitions.
- Effectively translate requirements from stakeholders into deployed architectures leveraging TOGAF processes.
- Regularly participate in RFP/RFI generation, requirements gathering, metrics evaluation, and down-select processes for acquisitions.
- Interface with Confidential & Confidential user community to optimize developmental and production processing environments, application throughput, and system services leveraging ITIL v3 methodologies.
- Regularly coordinate meetings with numerous industry partners to include Intel, Data Direct Networks, Cray, Seagate and Confidential to establish new infrastructure and support existing legacy infrastructure.
Chief Technology Officer / Chief Information Officer
- Led and established near-term and out-year strategic direction, roadmap, Request For Proposal (RFP)/Engineering Change Proposal (ECP) generation, budgeting, management, policy and daily execution of two major support contracts.
- Architected and managed the transition of legacy desktop IT infrastructure from Windows XP / Windows Server 2003 architecture to a virtualized Citrix XenServer environment, using a combination of thin-clients and Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop (Server Based Computing, Confidential ) and (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, VDI) middleware.
- Initiated, led and established new multi-petabyte LSRS Disaster Recovery capability at Confidential Surface Warfare Center, Crane, IN based on Confidential TS3500 enterprise-grade silo technology, Linear Tape Open (LTO) drives and DataDirect Networks SFA12K high performance RAID technology.
Co-founder and Lead Java Developer
- The platform is built around Java Enterprise Edition ( Confidential 1.6), Hibernate and Postgres; it uses jQuery extensively along with JSF and the Primefaces Ajax library.
- Additional search categories are imminent and include health and beauty, home services, legal services, shoe repair and food trucks.
- Masters thesis focused on developing a simple, yet effective, method of producing 3D images of city terrain in minutes not hours by leveraging X3D, Java EE, open-source orthographic images, and an open source mapping utility (Rez).
- Evangelized the benefits of Ajax and tiling in my thesis in support of an open source alternative to Confidential .
- Project spun-off into the NPS X3D-Earth initiative.
Web Site & Database Administrator
- Administered and maintained the Confidential ’ Confidential primary personnel orders and promotions information system ( Confidential Access) supporting over 440,000 active duty Confidential personnel.
Autocost Lead Programmer
- Developed a permanent change of station (PCS) costing application for the Confidential of Confidential Personnel in support of approximately 300 detailers (end-users).
- Application was a simple two-tier VB application with a Microsoft SQL Server 2000 / VAX backend.
- Provided Autocost application phone support to enlisted detailer community.