- I have many years of IT Management, Systems design, Storage management, Disaster Recovery planning and Project management experience.
- I am an Certified Storage consultant and Total storage Networking Solutions specialists. I have extensive Storage Area Network (SAN) and Network - attached storage (NAS) training. I have many years’ experience installing different types of manufacture hardware.
- Software experience includes Confidential Confidential . Red Hat Linux, Oracle Enterprise Linux, Confidential, VEEAM, Spectrum Protect and Windows.
- Other supporting software includes Confidential Big Fix (Patch Manager), and Maximo (ticketing system).
- This provides me the ability to perform end-to-end service, giving a positive value add to the organization.
- As a System/Storage administrator I was able to make the best use of computer resources, saving my company thousands of dollars and increasing system performance.
ConfidentialEnterprise System/Storage administrator
- Confidential was our choice of computer platform.
- We had windows and Red Hat Linux Clients.
- We were responsible for managing all the Virtual Machines (VM’s), which we had over 5000.
- We did everything from building a VM and assigning storage to the VM.
- We frequently tested our failover feature, especially nice when doing patches.
- Confidential was our choice as our storage provider.
- Confidential and Confidential work very well together.
- Doing firmware upgrades on the Confidential server could be performed without any disruption to the production environment.
- The customer interface made it very easy to create disk volumes and assign them to a host server.
- Automatic snap shots made it very simple for the customer to restore an older version of the data if needed, The organization had many sites spread across the US and Canada.
- Our Servers and storage units held data critical information about our nation’s health plan, to include OBOMACARE, Medicare, medicade and other health agencies.
- Any loss of this data would mean hefty fines and loss of reputation.
Storage (SAN) administrator
- I provided storage .for the entire enterprise.
- I planned and implemented a migration from the Mainframe to the open systems environment.
- This required a major change in strategy, going from count Key data format to open system format.
- I also had to create a new SAN environment.
- I had Confidential and Brocade SAN switches I had to install and configure.
- My choice of disk arrays includes Confidential and Confidential Compellent.
- The Confidential disk arrays were a simple volumes creation and assigning to a host.
- The Confidential Compellent systems came with what they called a “Fluid Controller”, which was nothing more than a NAS system.
- This made it possible to assign disk volumes using the SAN or NAS. My hosts consisted of 800 Confidential Confidential clients and 1,500 Confidential clients in a windows or Linux (Red Hat or Oracle Enterprise) environment.
- My servers manage many of the critical functions used by the Confidential train and bus organizations
- I have designed and implemented SAN projects for County Governments, Financial Institutions Insurance companies and many other private and public organizations across the United
- Worked with a multitude of different platforms.
- (OS390, UNIX and N/T) I was responsible for the system administration of the UNIX (Solaris) servers
- This included the protection of all data located on the attached storage devices.
- Confidential Storage Manager was the software used to perform this task.
- The storage devices included Hitachi, StorageTek and EMC. SAN testing was being done with the Confidential switch and FAStT storage.
- We planned and implemented a migration from the Mainframe to the open systems environment.
- This including the cleanup process of removing all the mainframe and associated components. We had to insure this was completed without any loss of Production time.
Enterprise System/Storage administrator
- I developed implemented a migration plan and new strategies for the migration of production data from a Mainframe platform to a UNIX (SUN) platform.
- The operation was complete in the fall of 1998, with no loss of customer data or extensive down time.
- I provided System/Storage management for 11-SUN6000’s, over 300 SUN desktops and over 60 NIT servers.
- Storage support for 2 STK silo's and SUN arrays.
- Database support included Oracle, Sybase, SQL, Exchange and Access. Other software experience includes: Solaris, MVS, DFSMS, DSS, DFP RMM, HSC and TSM)