- Confidential is an experienced Confidential architect with strong experience supporting and managing backup/recovery systems, archiving systems, storage infrastructure, and virtual environments.
- His experience shows a strong analytical background as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- He attributes his success to a focus on creating strong documentation and procedures, promoting best practices, and having the willingness to obtain input, feedback, and work well either independently or as a member of a team.
- Confidential ’s understanding of many enterprise IT concepts and systems as well as his eagerness to learn and utilize new technologies and procedures will set him apart from all other architects in the field.
Operating Systems/Platforms: Windows Server 2003/2008/2012 , Windows 2000/98/XP/Vista/7/8/10, OSX, RHEL 3/4/5/6, BSD, CentOS, SUSE, HP - UX, AIX, Solaris, AS/400, BES, iOS, Android
Applications: Confidential, Avamar, TSM, Netvault, SharePoint, VMWare ESX/vSphere, XenServer, KVM, SCOM/SCCM, GlusterFS, OpenStack, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, DPM, Lotus Notes/Domino, Citrix, iSeries, Big Brother, Noctane, Atlassian Jira, MySQL, MS Office, Adobe CS, many applications involved in the administration and maintenance of enterprise hardware and infrastructure.
Hardware: Designing, building, integrating, preforming administration, trouble shooting, and maintenance experience on a wide variety of enterprise level technologies including servers, workstations, SANs, switches, firewalls, domains, and networks. Advanced knowledge of related equipment and principles.
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
- Providing expert level technical consultation and leadership to the largest healthcare provider in Missouri in regards to their most mission critical active project.
- Starting from square one designed, built, and managed a large scale backup and recovery environment.
- Responsible for coordinating all aspects of the project across multiple teams, vendors, and locations.
- Managing all project related resources including technical staff, funding, hardware procurement and implementation, and licensing.
- Responsible for developing and implementing a migration plan encompassing over 4,500 servers
- Managing and configuring VM's for migration utilizing vSphere 6
- Initializing and configuring all Confidential software across the newly created backup environment while gathering performance metrics, developing SLAs and security policies, keeping in line with defined project requirements, and troubleshooting technical issues.
- Operating as the sole Confidential expert within the organization and acting as an ambassador for the platform to acclimate the company to their new backup and recovery solution
- Leading a team of backup and recovery engineers to oversee steady state operations of the environment
- Responsible for designing a Confidential training program for staff and helping to expand their skill sets, ensuring a smooth transition to the new platform
- Creating and delivering a comprehensive runbook encompassing all Confidential related operational procedures specific to the client's environment.
- Oversaw design of disaster recovery policies.
- In charge of all incident management and change controls relating to project.
Key technologies and skills: Confidential Version 11, Avamar, TSM, vSphere 6 , Windows Server 2012 and 2016, Linux, AIX, XIV Storage, Citrix, Active Directory, ServiceNow, management of technical staff, training of technical staff, project management and oversight, technical documentation
- Providing white glove project management and technical services to the largest and most critical IBM accounts.
- Responsible for the design, implementation, and management of all Confidential efforts for multiple projects and acting as a top level technical consultant to IBM.
- Coordinating all Confidential project efforts across multiple international teams.
- Acting as both architect and administrator for multiple large scale Confidential environments utilizing a variety of backup agents, SAN and Tape copies, and configurations.
- Responsible for designing and maintaining disaster recovery solutions.
- Optimization and tuning of Confidential configurations and infrastructure.
- Acting as highest point of escalation for backup failures and issues within the backup environments.
- Keeping all devices within the Commcells up to date and managing patching, licensing, and configuration changes.
- Working with vSphere 5.8 to manage Vm's and virtualize backups
- Responsible for the migration and consolidation of Confidential infrastructure across multiple sites.
- Troubleshooting and issue remediation on all hardware and software relating to Confidential environment including high capacity IBM tape libraries, disk storage devices, firewalls and switches, and Windows servers.
- Preforming restores of filesystem and database data.
- Planning migration of Confidential environment to other backup and recovery environments such as TSM.
- Preforming incident and change request management.
Key technologies and skills: Confidential Simpana 9, 10, 11, Data Domain, vSphere 5.8 , Windows Server 2012, IIS, MySQL, OpenSOCKS, Citrix, Domain management, TSM, Lotus Notes, VLAN configuration, Active Directory, Windows administration, project management and oversight, management of technical teams, documentation and knowledge transfer
Subject Matter Expert
- Responsible for designing a custom solution for enterprise archiving utilizing the Confidential platform in a virtualized environment across multiple remote data centers as well as responsible for designing both test and production environment architecture
- Providing recommendations on appropriate hardware, processes, and procedures.
- Supporting multiple teams and acting as a subject matter expert and technical point of contact to federal contractors and agency personnel.
- Designing, implementing, and executing test plans and usage scenarios
- Creating technical and training documentation to be used by teams at all stages of the project and by government administrators at the projects end
- Training staff administrators and end users on the Confidential platform, archiving operations, disaster recovery considerations, and best practices.
Key technologies and skills: Confidential Simpana 10, VMWare ESX/vSphere, Microsoft Exchange, TCP/IP, LAN, EMC ControlCenter, Project management
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
- Administrator and engineer for Confidential Simpana archiving/recovery platform
- Management, infrastructure design, and optimization of all backup/recovery related storage hardware, servers, and networking equipment
- Created documentation, policies, and plans for archiving/disaster recovery strategies to ensure total security, integrity, and 24/7 availability of all backup data
- Ownership and management of all resources and hardware relating to auxiliary tape backup operations including SpectraLogic and IBM tape libraries and repair of their robotics
- In charge of preforming all emergency data recovery operations and acting as point-of-contact for clients during emergencies
- 24/7 monitoring of archiving operations with immediate response to escalation and alerts
- Design and implementation of bare metal recovery process
- Management of VM snapshots
- Design and maintain data retention schedules to meet customer SLA requirements and best practices
- Design and implement encryption strategies for primary and auxiliary archive copies
- Coordinate and manage offsite tape storage to ensure business continuity
- Contributed to the planning, execution, and oversight of a complete data center migration in which a new state of the art data center was built and all customer/internal infrastructure was relocated
- Administrator for customer and internal Windows servers
- Provisioning and deployment of VMs across multiple cloud environments
- Worked closely with multiple third party vendors including SpectraLogic, Confidential, HP, Dell, and EMC to maintain, troubleshoot, purchase, and stay educated about their products and services.
Key technologies and skills: Confidential Simpana 8/9/10, EMC ControlCenter, VMWare ESX/vSphere, XenServer, KVM, GlusterFS, OpenStack, HP Server Management, Salesforce, DynDNS, BIND, Open LDAP, PMP, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Atlassian applications, Noctane
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
- Build and maintain loyal client relationships by providing above and beyond service with a focus on integrity
- Manage accounts, scheduling, finances, invoicing, and billing
- Create effective marketing strategies and advertisement copy
- Web development, SEO, and graphic design
- Windows SBS environment set up on a domain controller running Windows SBS 2008
- Managed domain and active directory, reconfigured clients network, migrated and set up all technical assets during client relocation, provided virus removal and workstation optimization, optimized security and data backup solution, provided OS and application support (Windows XP/Vista/7, QuickBooks, Symantec Backup Exec, Microsoft Office), advised in hardware procurement, managed domain users and permissions, setup network printers and IP based security cameras, provided ongoing service and support
- Small Windows environment consisting of 8 customized workstations and employee laptops
- Migrated and set up all technical assets during client relocation, installed networking equipment and setup office network, provided data recovery and virus removal, application support, built/customized workstation hardware to suit client needs, implemented and maintained end-point security solution on all workstations, integrated smart phone and mobile device solutions into business, provided ongoing service and support
- Small environment consisting of 9 workstations and a domain controller running Windows Server 2003
- Managed domain and active directory, provided data recovery and virus removal, custom legal software installation and integration (Amicus Attorney), managed domain and user permissions, optimized security, provided OS and application support (Windows XP, Microsoft Office, WorldDox), provided ongoing service and support
Key technologies and skills: Windows XP/Vista/7/Server 2008, SBS 2003/2008/2011 , OSX, BSD, iOS, Android, Active Directory, MS Exchange, SCOM/SCCM, SharePoint, MS Office, TCP/IP, LAN, SMTP, VPN, VoIP, Symantec, LogMeIn Rescue, Team Viewer, MSE, ESET, PE environments, Adobe CS 5, Quicken, etc.
- Acting independently to consult with, schedule, and perform a variety of services for clients ranging from break/fix support to infrastructure design/implementation (other examples include network troubleshooting/installation, end point security assessments, virus removal, hardware and software repair/installation, support/configuration of mobile devices, etc.)
- Determining client needs and selling hardware and services
- Developing and building client relations and growing business
- Developing a remote support model and providing clients with remote services
- Logging service calls, hours, and expenses
Key technologies and skills: Windows XP/Vista/7/Server 2008, SBS 2003/2008/2011 , OSX, BSD, iOS, Android, Active Directory, MS Exchange, SCOM/SCCM, SharePoint, MS Office, TCP/IP, LAN, SMTP, VPN, VoIP, Team Viewer, MSE, ESET, Quicken, etc.
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
- Monitoring of server hardware, applications, and processes across multiple operating systems (Windows, Linux, AS/400)
- Facilitating backup process from beginning to end
- Starting and monitoring backups according to schedule
- Operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of tape libraries
- Management and onsite storage of backup media
- Coordinating offsite storage with Recall
Key technologies and skills: Scalar tape libraries, Confidential QiNetix/Galaxy