- Competitive IT Professional with Around 5 years of work experience as a Cloud DevOps Engineer and experience in Build and release management, Containerization and Linux administration.
- Extensive experience on Devops essential tools like Chef, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Maven, GIT.
- Designed, built and deployed a multitude applications utilizing almost all of the AWS services including EC2, S3, Elastic Beanstalk, Elastic Load Balancing(Classic/Application), Auto Scaling, RDS, VPC, Route53, Cloud Watch, Snapshots and IAM, focusing on high availability and fault tolerance.
- Working with the ELK (Elastic Search, Logstash, and Kibana) stack to analyze log data obtained from Microsoft Business Intelligence tools .
- Experience in setting up Amazon EC2 instances, creating life cycle policies in AWS S3 for backups to Glacier .
- Experience in integrating the infrastructure automation using Ansible.
- Creating and configuring Jenkins jobs, build and delivery pipelines and Integrating Jenkins with AWS to automate Services.
- Expertise in branching strategy and maintaining the version across the environments using version control tools like GIT, Subversion ( SVN ) and TFS on Linux and windows platforms.
- Experience with setting up Chef Infra, Bootstrapping nodes, creating and uploading Chef Recipes to support APIs deployment using Chef as an Infrastructural Automation tool.
- Proficient in writing Ansible Playbooks and chef cookbooks & Recipes to manage systems configuration.
- Experience working on Docker hub, creating Docker images primarily for application server installations and domain configurations.
- Integrated Jenkins with AWS services and Artifactory storages like Nexus , Jfrog etc.,
- Have good experience in implementing JIRA and HP Quality center as bug tracking and ticketing tool.
- Experience on search and analytic tools like Splunk .
- Excellent in Setting up monitoring tools like Nagios and Amazon Cloud watch to monitor major metrics.
- Experience in multiple databases like MongoDB , MySQL , Apache Cassandra and MS SQL Server.
- Experience in configuring DNS, Open LDAP, DHCP , Mail Servers and Web Servers like Apache HTTP & Tomcat .
- Proficient in Linux/Unix system Administration, System Builds, Server Builds, Installations, Upgrades, Patches, Migration, Trouble shooting.
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and ability to work in a highly collaborative team environments.
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX, LINUX, RHEL
Cloud Technologies: AWS, OpenStack
SCM Tools: Bit Bucket, Code Commit, Subversion, Clear case, GIT
CI Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN, Gradle, Jenkins and Bamboo
Deployment Tools: CHEF, ANSIBLE
Container Orchestration Tools: Docker, EC2 Container Services, Kubernetes.
Repositories: Nexus, Jfrog Artifactory
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk
Programming Languages: Shell, Python, Ruby scripting, SQL, XML.
Tracking tools: Jira, Clear Quest
Web servers: Web Sphere, Apache Tomcat, JBOSS
Databases: SQL SERVER, MY SQL, Mongo DB
Confidential, Santa Clara, CA
AWS Devops Engineer
- Worked on POC for cluster management using internal Kubernetes service on GCP to address the scalability and performance issues.
- Assisted with software builds, configuration, and deployments for multiple environments as part of a cloud migration.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of processes and associated scripts/tools for automated build, testing and deployment of the products on AWS servers.
- Automated the cloud Deployments using Chef and AWS Cloud Formation Templates from scratch as daily part of automation process.
- Managed multiple AWS accounts with multiple VPC's for both production and non - prod where primary objectives included automation, integration and cost control
- Working on a Build pipeline including Jenkins , Artifactory and a private Docker registry
- Provisioned Nodes Automatically with AWS OpsWorks by using an Unattended Association Script passing userdata.sh file from S3.
- Maintained DNS records using Route53. Used Amazon Route53 to manage DNS zones and also give public DNS names to Elastic load balancers (ELB) IP's.
- Worked on Chef Cookbooks and Chef Recipes to automate infrastructure as a code. Setup the Chef Nodes, Chef Client, Chef Server and Chef Workstation. Worked on bootstrapping the nodes.
- Secured the passwords and data using encryption data bag for chef.
- Design and Implemented Cloud Orchestration solution using AWS EC2 & Docker .
- Configured, supported and maintained all VPC, firewall, storage, load balancers, operating systems, and software in AWS EC2.
- Used chef server and workstation to manage and configure nodes, experience in writing ruby.
- Managing multiple AWS instances, assigning, the security groups, Elastic Load Balancer and AMI’s.
- Used Terraform scripts to spin stacks on AWS servers using Jenkins as CI/CD tool.
- Creating a fully Automated Build and Deployment Platform and coordinating code builds promotions and orchestrated deployments using Jenkins and Github.
- Working on Docker containers leveraging existing Linux Containers and AMI 's in addition to creating Docker containers from scratch.
Environment: & Tools: Linux, Maven, Chef, Jenkins, Docker, Jfrog, GIT,AWS Cloud Formation, RDS, Linux/Unix, EC-2,AMI,Route 53, S3, VPC, Ruby, Shell Scripts, ELK, Lambda, Auto Scaling, Python, Groovy, RHEL.
Confidential, Dallas/Fort Worth, TX
Build Release/ Devops Engineer
- Extensively used Maven tool to do the builds, integrated Maven to Eclipse and did local builds.
- Integrated Apache Maven with Jenkins for the builds as the Continuous Integration process.
- Efficient in Maven for the build process and Jenkins as continuous integration build tool and Worked on build failures on trouble shooting.
- Used various plugins to extend the base functionality of Jenkins to deploy, integrate tests and display reports.
- Used Nexus as a repository in Maven and worked with Snapshots and releases.
- Implemented new project builds using Jenkins and Maven as build framework tools, inspected builds in staging environment before rolling out to production environment.
- Build Java code on to different Jenkins servers as per the schedule.
- When required applied patches as per the release process.5
- Experienced in Mavenization of Java/J2EE projects and authoring pom.xml files.
- Implemented code coverage and unit test plug-ins with Maven/Jenkins.
- Managed Sonarqube for code coverage and quality by writing the custom roles and policies.
- Implemented zero downtime deployment process in Web Logic using Python and automated it using Jenkins .
- Maintained Build Related scripts developed in Python and Shell and Modified build Configuration files including build.xml.
- Created Jira workflows to automate deployment and issue tracking.
- Implemented a GIT mirror for SVN repository, which enables users to use both GIT and SVN.
- Managed Git repository, code merging, and production deployments.
- Strong experience of developing, implementing and maintaining application systems under UNIX Operating System using SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Server, UNIX Shell Script.
- Developed UNIX Shell scripts with embedded SQL , Loader calls and PL/SQL statements to extract data from the existing application in the form of flat files and load the extracted data into the new proposed application, as a part of migration.
- Wrote Shell Scripts to process the files on daily basis like renaming the file, unzipping the file and removing the junk characters from the file before loading them into the base tables.
- Strong ability to work within a demanding and aggressive project schedules and environments
- Responsible for writing the Release Notes, documenting all the useful info about the release, software versions, and changes implemented in current release.
Environment: UNIX, SQL, Nexus, Jenkins, Maven, Urban Code Deploy, Web Logic, Python, Shell, Git, Jira, Svn.
Junior Linux Engineer
- Installation and administration of RHEL4.0, Oracle and Db2 Server on Sun Servers.
- Remote system administration using tools like SSH, Telnet, and Rlogin.
- Scheduled various regular, periodic, future and queue tasks by using Crontabs.
- Setting up network environments using TCP/IP, NFS, DNS, SNMP agents, DHCP and Proxy.
- Monitoring server performance and troubleshooting server related problems to SNMP.
- Processes administration and management like monitoring, start/stop/kill various processes/sub processes.
- Adding servers to domain and managing the groups and user in Active Directory, installing, configuring and send mail.
- Installation, configuration, and maintenance of web servers, application servers, and database servers on Linux Servers.
- Monitor system performance parameters using Vmstat, and fine-tuning.
- Systems administration, maintenance, and monitoring various day-to-day operations.
- Installation/upgrade, system startup, and system shutdown as needed.
- Installation and configuration of Web Logic and Web sphere application server.
- Resolved system errors and crashes, disk space problems, huge file sizes, and file system full errors.
Environment: Red Hat Linux 3.x, 4, SNMP, Web Logic, NFS, LVM, RAID, Opsware, JIRA, Apache Tomcat.