- An accomplished hands - on technical sales leader, bringing over a decade of solid technical solutions and enterprise account management to the table, including the closing of Confidential ’s largest ever (4M USD) SLED Clearwell/EV deal.
- Mentoring by example and adept with IP Networks, VLANs, Linux/UNIX, MySQL, AWS, VMWare ESXi, Python, EDRM, FRCP 26f, I am effective at building higher-caliber compelling and persuasive technical sales teams comprising of customer-facing sales-technologists who remove technical objections while compressing sales-cycles.
Python, C, Bash, Bourne, RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu, Nginx load balancing & reverse proxy, ESXi, MySQL, AWS EC2, S3, Security Groups, NMap, TCPDump, Metasploit, WireShark, Cisco switches, VLANs.
Security and Compliance Engineering Consulting Lead
- Lead and mentored team in the use of reproducible and defensible practices.
- Established and standardized processes for evidence identification, collection, forensic examination, and encrypted transmission to inside and opposing counsel.
- Developed shell scripts for execution on hundreds of customer servers to facilitate defensible and reproducible methods for collection from Linux, UNIX, and Windows systems on AWS, VMWare, and on-prem systems.
- Drove PoC for potential adoption of Digital Guardian DLP.
- E-Discovery Strategic SME, Project Manager, and EDRM advisor/FRCP Rule 26f strategist to my clients’ Security, Compliance, and Legal teams.
Senior Pre-Sales Engineer
Confidential, Herndon, VA
- Full cycle responsibility for all technical aspects of West Coast sales beginning with engaging presentations to C-level decision makers as well as technical audiences.
- Analyzed client needs and infrastructure to generate production installation proposals for on-prem Linux, AWS Linux hosted cloud, and hybrid solutions, including subnetted network diagrams and narratives prior to installation of POC.
- Developed SME-level knowledge of Confidential services/hardware, protocols, codecs, and network requirements for on-prem, AWS, and hybrid solutions.
- Drilled down with prospects to define and document successful Proof-of-Concept (PoC) requirements. Led clients through PoC to ensure success.
Senior Pre-Sales Enterprise/SLED Solutions Architect
Confidential, Mountain View, CA
- Led geographically dispersed SE team through presentation rehearsals and product training. Participated as second-level/SME SE during key.
- Delivered engaging, compelling, and persuasive presentations demonstration Clearwell’s machine learning AI abilities for predictive analysis in automated evidence review to C-level, attorney/legal, and information technology decision makers.
- Built PoC Clearwell Servers from bare metal using Windows 2002 R2 with MySQL.
- Worked closely with Product Delivery to ensure smooth customer transition of PoC system as core for production deployment.
- Remain point-of-contact for high-touch offering opportunities for future upsell.
Senior Pre-Sales Engineer
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Lead SE on Western Region engagements.
- Provided product installation & configuration training. Hosted weekly SE round-tables.
- Delivered compelling product presentations tailored to meet the challenges my customers faced.
- Deployed PoC and production multi-node environment consisting of Cisco switches to isolate networks using subnets; installed/configured VMWare ESXi from bare metal; installed/set up virtual Linux servers, Apache, Oracle database server.
Pre-Sales Solutions Architect
Confidential, Portland, OR
- Presented to technical staff, attorneys, litigation support professionals, and C-level decision makers to review client needs, culminating in the booking of two of the largest (seven figure) engagements for Confidential in 2008.
- Composed compelling RFP/RFI responses; collected evidence (data) at litigant’s place of business using forensically sound and proven defensible methods.
- Guided clients through PoC to ensure pre-defined success criteria was achieved.
Pre-Sales and Implementations Director
Confidential, San Francisco Bay Area, CA
- Conceived and designed brand-new, state-of-the-art data center, located in Confidential .
- Built team and led project through to implementation.
- Delivering recommendations for expansion and application migration with emphasis on determining limits for power, network capacity, floor space, and cooling.
International Pre-Sales Engineering Manager
Confidential, Redwood City, CA
- Initial (first) engineer on the Pre-Sales and Deployment team, promoted to manager.
- Trained and grew team to 50 engineers worldwide while servicing my own clients.
- Established Professional Services team, generating USD 17M additional revenue from service sales in year one.