Skilled and dedicated IT professional offering over 15 - years of background in the information technology field. My academic credentials and work experience enhance provisioning of comprehensive consultation and fast logistics resolution. Fluent in Spanish and English.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Systems Administration
- IT Specialist
- Network Administration
- Cloud Administration
Network Analyst, Mechanicsburg, PA
- Contract to support the migration process from Confidential to Exchange Outlook email systems utilizing the Ivanti tool for both mail migrations and Outlook pushes to client PCs.
- Configuration of Outlook 2016 application profiles in users’ PCs, terminal servers, VDIs, and mobiles devices.
- Troubleshoot of profile, app performance, behavior, and all related issues following case by case in the Confidential ticketing system to completion.
- Support of Outlook features such as Address Book, Contacts, Calendars, meetings, ownership, delegations and membership level of permissions for mailboxes, distribution groups, shared mailboxes, conference rooms, resources, rules, and security policies.
- Run administration of the Office 365 Exchange Admin Center including, user accounts, distribution groups, shared mailboxes, contacts, resources, permissions, membership and delegations.
- Managed imaging deployments to Windows 10 Operating System PCs from a network PXE booting automated full blown customized desktop for all user profiles.
- Run Active Directory additions, editions, and clean ups for users, and computer accounts.
LAN Administrator, Rockville, MD
- Administration of a MS Windows 2012 R2 Data Center DC with AD DS, DNS, File and Storage Services, and NAP roles. The three replicating Domain Controllers are VMs in a VMWARE VCENTER5 environment.
- Administrator of an Exchange Admin Center Enterprise 2013 with handling Recipients accounts, Permissions, Groups, Mail Flow, Protection, Mobile devices, etc.
- Desktop support of a Windows 7 SP1 platform, Office 2013, McAfee Enterprise 8.8, Palo Alto VPN and all miscellaneous software installations.
- Manage of ticketing system SpiceWorks to resolve internal user ticket requests.
- Manage of users intranet SharePoint based portal supporting Project Management group reports.
- Support and maintenance for multi-function printers, the Confidential VOIP phone configuration web interface, and the KeyScan door card access system.
Tier2 Systems Technician / Systems Administrator, Washington, DC
- Location was in Reston, VA at AIR (American Institutes for Research) branch office.
- Monitoring of students assessment systems in a helpdesk environment for multiple states across the US utilizing 8x8 ticketing system.
- Case interactions with Test Administrators (TAs) from different districts were conducted via email and phone conversations within the ticketing system.
- Daily access to web base portals and interfaces as administrator was granted in order to monitor student settings, assessments, and tests reports for participating districts and schools across the country.
- Windows 7 SP1 work stations were utilized as the main platform to run browser sessions with IE, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox in an effort to provide the best support possible.
- VMWare desktop virtualization in a lab environment was implemented in order to test platform behaviors related to Windows 7/10, Linux, iOS, and MAC operating systems.
Active Directory Migration Specialist, Arlington, VA
- Supported the AD Migration team at Confidential Confidential by conducting migration tasks at Confidential field locations.
- Run the ForensIT User Profile Wizard Tool to migrate user’s log on profile(s) in a Workgroup
- (Non-AD) to the Confidential .net domain, and monitored the process until successful completion.
- Supported the Windows 10 deployment upgrade process using SCCM with USMT for machine scanning to State Migration Point, and WDS for image creation upload to the staging location for new OS installations.
IT Analyst / Systems Administrator, Greenbelt, MD
- Administration of a MS Windows 2003 Small Business Domain Controller server running Active Directory roles.
- Also, a Back End MS Windows 2008 standard edition server replicating the Domain Controller and running the Symantec Backup Exec core Media server and agents for the DC, Payroll, and NAS servers.
- Administration of MS Office 365 E1 licenses in the cloud supporting on line Exchange emailing, SharePoint Collection sites, Calendars, and Skype for Business collaboration. Additionally, support of MS Office 2013, 2010, and 2007 applications, with emphasis on Outlook profiles, PST files, archives, rules, etc.
- Administration of a NAS server running on Sinology DSM platform, storing user shared folders, home folders, scan folders, profile folders, project data, management data, etc.
- Full laptop support for all users with Windows 7 Pro SP1, Symantec cloud End-Point Protection, system imaging, restores, repairs, Nuance PDF Converter, and all miscellaneous software installs/repairs.
- Support of the virtual office VOIP web management phone system, the Cannon and Xerox multifunction printer web management, and the OWA for mobile devices and access point configuration and maintenance.
Systems Administrator, Mclean, VA
- Management and support of IT related tasks and requirements for the Windows 7 SP1 desktop user Op Sys environment.
- Administration of a MS Windows 2008 standard edition Domain Controller server running Active Directory roles (DNS, DHCP, IIS, Users and Computers, Printer and devices).
- Support of MS Office 365 with E3 licenses including Exchange in the cloud, SharePoint sites, Office 2013, Skype for business, documentation in the cloud (employee list, assets inventory, assets tracker, wiki and the shared IT documentation site).
- Support with administration of the Windows 2012 Hyper-V manager virtualized environment.
- Managed software package installations, upgrades/updates, and the Linux SVN subversion server administrative tasks.
- Deployed licensed McAfee End Point Protection installations to domain clients from the web base interface as administrator.
Systems Engineer, Arlington, VA
- Wrote and documented weekly meeting minutes, statements of work, and documents reporting satellite broadcasting services for local and global weather forecast as a member of the Confidential Dissemination Branch.
IT Specialist, Wheaton, MD
- Administration of a MS Windows 2003 Domain Controller server running Active Directory roles and replicated by a MS Windows 2008 standard edition server.
- Support of a File server, a Backup server, an Application server, a Web server, a SMS server, and a VM manager server was also involved.
- Assisted users with all IT hardware and software desktop issues, installations in a Windows environment (Win XP Pro, Win Vista, Win 7), including MS Office 2007/2010. Other support involved SQL client, IE, network link access, on line printing, folder sharing, and Mac OS X equipment.
- Managed the VOIP Confidential servers (voicemail, unified call manager console, and services), and the phone web based system for all buildings in the complex.
Field Technician, Jersey City, New Jersey
- Run on site calls daily replacing bad or defective Confidential computer equipment components (mother boards, power supplies, ide/sata hard drives, video controllers, memory modules, CPUs, Confidential, keyboards, fans, etc) to fix hardware issues.
- Work was performed on Confidential equipment laptops (Latitude, Inspiron, XPS, etc.), desktops (Optiplex, Inspiron, Allienware, XPS, etc.), and a few tower servers (Power Edge).
Systems Administrator, Rockville, MD
- Administrative support of the Jenark Data Base system on Linux and Windows platform servers. It involved disk array partitioning (imaging, mirroring, and swapping), Op Sys installations, and DB support installations (Progress server, Application Server, Network server, Web server).
- Application installations and maintenance of local hosted servers for remote customers around the country, with AD administration of users and computers in the domain. Also, provided support for PC client installations of the DB access for hosted and none hosted servers for all customers.
- Remote client connection support for proper functionality and maintenance with connections like: RDP, Confidential VPN, Citrix, Sonic Wall VPN, PC Anywhere, Log MeIn in, Dial up, Multiview 2000 Terminal Emulator, SSH putty, etc.
- Linux distros such as Fedora, Susi, Ubuntu were among the platform support was provided remotely through ssh console sessions for installation of DB modules, patch updates, installation of RPMs as required, running backups, and general server maintenance.
- Support for Linux distros VMs (Fedora, Ubuntu, Susi) and Windows VMs (2000, XP, Vista) with VMware 4 desktop edition in order to test Jenark and Progress packages.
- Monitored customer daily production data backup service (Lone-Tar backup on tapes).
Systems Administrator, Rockville, MD
- LAN Administration of a Windows XP 2003 server Domain Controller with Active Directory.
- Administration and support of the MS Exchange 2003 mail server and client Outlook application.
- Administration of servers running Linux Red Hat, Fedora, and Suse in the virtualized environment.
- Creation of user accounts in Fedora and Ubuntu servers which distributed internal and external projects in the domain with access rights to projects and modules through SSL explorer. Subversion, internal and external project creation and maintenance.
- All user IT support for desktop node issues, and installations of the Operating System (Windows 2000/XP).
- Watch Guard firewall administration of policies, sites access and project addition/deletion, administration of Communicator, SSL Explorer, VPN site, Wi-Fi site, MS Outlook Anywhere, the Proxy server, the MX servers, and the Web server.
- Other tasks involved the daily backup routines, and storage maintenance. IP web phone system support as well as the camera system, the dual authentication card access system, and the Phantom device testing-delivery support. Maintenance of Twiki site documentation.
VOIP Tier1 Engineer, Gaithersburg, MD
- VOIP phone system support through an electronic ticketing system (Remedy) with troubleshooting SIP issues for customers around the world.
- Server cluster maintenance and support for UNIX and Linux-based platforms, which included Application, Network, Media, Web, and Conference servers.
- Windows browser web interface GUI support for system service integration and provisioning.
- BroadWorks Windows-based client support.